Morlun vs Omega Red

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheOneFirestorm
Scenario 1
Both 2 Days of Prep

Scenario Two
Random Encounter

Scenario 3
Random Encounter
Clear of any bystanders for Omega Red to drain the life force from.

StiltmanFTW
I dunno, maybe a tendril through the head would work...

Surtur
Omega Red isn't the only one who can drain life force, but I'm not sure he can hurt someone durable enough to tank a bunch of vibranium tipped missiles and strong enough to apparently tear through adamantium netting.

StiltmanFTW
Morlun's flesh can be pierced, it just doesn't bother him. Like when Shuri stabbed him with a spear. Nobody tried targeting his head, though.

Sin I AM
Death spores haven't failed yet to my knowledge. I honestly think that was a low showing for wakanda

Mindset
They suck each other dry.

69/69

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Surtur
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Death spores haven't failed yet to my knowledge. I honestly think that was a low showing for wakanda

But why is it a low showing? Since I don't think Morlun has had many appearances.

StiltmanFTW
He hasn't. He's been consistently shown as being beastly in most if not all of his appearances. Performance-wise, he's like Wolverine's Gorgon... but unlike Gorgon, he never started jobbing. Unless I missed something.

And ripping the net was nothing surprising, since Ezekiel already said his undergroud bunker (that was partially protected by adamantium) wouldn't stop Morlun.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by Mindset
They suck each other dry.

69/69

This sounds funny in a negative way considering who the fight involves.

Omega Red must have a tough time finding a date considering his body of what he needs to survive.

KingD19
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
This sounds funny in a negative way considering who the fight involves.

Omega Red must have a tough time finding a date considering his body of what he needs to survive.

He just pre-games. Has a snack or two before the date.

Also he's a mob boss, so it's not like he needs to work hard to get a girl.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Surtur
But why is it a low showing? Since I don't think Morlun has had many appearances.

Given his origin. Plus the kind of attacks wakanda has repelled. I find it to be a high outlier

StiltmanFTW
Morlun is Juggernaut.

Aside from bfr / specific radiation / draining his energy, there's no way of stopping him.

The Nuul
Morlun hits pretty damn hard too, and is faster than Red.

Morlun takes this.

StiltmanFTW
Don't know about faster. Both have some degree of superhuman speed under that of Spider-Man.

The Nuul
KCz3E5SJmF0

I don't see Red tagging Spidey that often.

StiltmanFTW
I've read The Other.

Red made a short work of Daredevil in 1 page, who is known for his super agility and radar sense. Deflected bullets, too.

The Nuul
Morlun would one shot Daredevil, but I won't derail this thread any further.

-------------------------------------

Would these feats count?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BIEc7dcJ3TA/VEhIuOEfPhI/AAAAAAAAHAY/uSP2i4FFgnQ/s1600/scan0017.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/113883/4160203-capmarvel1.jpg

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Don't know about faster. Both have some degree of superhuman speed under that of Spider-Man.

Morlun has moved faster than the Spider Sense has been able to detect.

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/23394838_6844247.jpg

carver9
Love Red but I'm giving this to Morlun.

KingD19
I'm still confused about Morlun. He started as an extreme threat to Totems only, then they just said f*ck it and made him a beast against everyone.

StiltmanFTW
He was an extreme threat to Totems because he was hunting them.

Life-drain wasn't that important, his overall power was. So if (not so) Fantastic Four tried to stop him, he would murder them.

KingD19
If I recall, he was an extreme threat to Totems because his power let him absorb them and basically made them have to fight a whole lot harder to effect him.

He didn't start pwning pretty much everyone till later.

Although I haven't seen anyone ever handle Red's death spores easily so even Morlun could be in trouble with those.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by KingD19
He just pre-games. Has a snack or two before the date.

Also he's a mob boss, so it's not like he needs to work hard to get a girl.

I'm saying someone who genuinely that wants to go out with him. As opposed to a woman being ruled by fear considering who he is a man that you don't want to piss off.

He doesn't have the convenience that vampires have of drinking blood from alternate places mainly animals to satisfy their craving for blood.

Kid Kurdy
If I recall, he was an extreme threat to Totems because his power let him absorb them and basically made them have to fight a whole lot harder to effect him.

Although I haven't seen anyone ever handle Red's death spores easily so even Morlun could be in trouble with those.
Morlun can absorb (almost) everybody's life force.

StiltmanFTW

Absorbing wasn't the specific reason, no. He could absorb normal humans if he wanted to - that still wasn't his major gimmick. His general power level was.

He was shown as unstoppable and nigh-invulnerable in the very first stories.

Yeah, we have no idea how Red's pheromones/life-drain would affect Morlun. On that, I agree.

Surtur
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Given his origin. Plus the kind of attacks wakanda has repelled. I find it to be a high outlier

To me this seems to be more or less saying that since he started out as a Spiderman villain he shouldn't be as powerful as he turned out to be. Origins are nice, feats are better though.

StiltmanFTW
It matters not that he started as a SM villain, since he was out of Parker's league from the beginning. No-sold everything from Petey and kept coming.

Thanos first-appeared in Iron Man.

TheOneFirestorm
Back to the fight I could easily see Morlun winning if he recently fed from a very powerful person while Omega Red hasn't had someone to absorb for more than 3 hours.

jrodslam
Morlun moving faster than spidey-sense can detect is impressive. Red has tagged a bamf'ing Nightcrawler as well as DD(as already mentioned). Should be a good one, but im a bit bias, so ill go with Akardy.

ODG
Originally posted by The Nuul
Morlun would one shot Daredevil, but I won't derail this thread any further.

-------------------------------------

Would these feats count?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BIEc7dcJ3TA/VEhIuOEfPhI/AAAAAAAAHAY/uSP2i4FFgnQ/s1600/scan0017.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/113883/4160203-capmarvel1.jpg Pretty sure that's canon to Morlun. Not sure if he's actually 616, but the Morlun from Spiderverse was the same Morlun that had tormented 616 Spider-Man, right?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by ODG
Pretty sure that's canon to Morlun. Not sure if he's actually 616, but the Morlun from Spiderverse was the same Morlun that had tormented 616 Spider-Man, right?

Yeah it is canon, Morlun actually counts as 000 though himself. There's never been an alt Morlun.

StiltmanFTW
Canon to Morlun, but not canon to 616 Cap, Wolverine or Genis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.