Thor did it can Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Thor with his hammer made a whole in Exitar's helmets can Superman do the same? Superman has to stand on the helmet and strike the helmet without flying he can use a axe handle smash. Standard Superman I know Superman is stronger then Thor just wondering can Superman strike as hard as Thor with his hammer?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by golem370
Thor with his hammer made a whole in Exitar's helmets can Superman do the same? Superman has to stand on the helmet and strike the helmet without flying he can use a axe handle smash. Standard Superman I know Superman is stronger then Thor just wondering can Superman strike as hard as Thor with his hammer?

Thor did it by using the godly power as described in his own words that resides in every Asgardian. And channelled it into one giant blast in his hammer.

http://i.imgur.com/JOxssFth.jpg

Superman cannot channel any energy and if Thor needed all of the Asgardians energy and power to do such a wound I doubt Superman will do it on his own.

golem370
Not talking about that I mean the hit he did to get into Exitar's head.

One_Angry_Scot
Not talking about that I mean the hit he did to get into Exitar's head.

Damn I think I uploaded the wrong scan.

Was you talking about this?

http://i.imgur.com/bQJ6c6Zh.jpg

Sin I AM
No

Time-Immemorial
No

Hyperion Prime
I don't think Superman could do it. I think magical Black Adam/Captain Marvel could do it. I mean get in the head.

golem370
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Damn I think I uploaded the wrong scan.

Was you talking about this?

http://i.imgur.com/bQJ6c6Zh.jpg

That one

Stoic
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I don't think Superman could do it. I think magical Black Adam/Captain Marvel could do it. I mean get in the head.

They probably shouldn't be able to do it either. Thor's strike was aided by the electromagnetic power that he absorbed from that planet. Celestials aren't magical beings either, their cosmic ones. Id Superman can't do it, Teth and Captain Marvel shouldn't be able to do it either.

carver9
Thor was wearing the belt of strength during that scene.

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Thor was wearing the belt of strength during that scene.

Gauntlets as well. He was clearly well above the High Herald tier.

quanchi112
No way. He's no Thor.

krisblaze
Supes only has solar power and some pussy meta stuff in his bidy, so no

D-Block
Originally posted by Stoic
Gauntlets as well. He was clearly well above the High Herald tier. Exactly. No way normal Superman could do what Thor did.

Surtur
Nevermind the other stuff, but the hammer itself also adds increased striking power. If you gave Superman the hammer then this would be a different story.

Mindship
Thor with his hammer made a whole in Exitar's helmets can Superman do the same? Not the first time around. But his efforts would be monitored by Batman, Atom and Manhunter, and they would offer tactical advice on how to improve his attack. As Superman himself once said, "If I hit anything long enough, eventually it breaks apart" (something to that effect).

This would also have to happen in a Superman comic and be an ultimate moment, not unlike his sundip-then-pushing-Warworld in OWAW.

Honestly, I see success/failure dependent on the Wow Factor the writers are going for.

DarkSaint85
So apart from PIS, no stick out tongue

abhilegend
Absolutely, Namor was ripping apart celestial armor.

Celestials are weak ass, yo.

carver9
Per ABHI, Namor is equal to Thor with the belt of strength using all of his might. Hhhhmmmm

abhilegend
*insert Superman ripping Soulfire Darkseid in half, punching through multiversal death, punching through quantum zealot scans*

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Per ABHI, Namor is equal to Thor with the belt of strength using all of his might. Hhhhmmmm
Namor made Thanos bleed with one punch.

Thanos laughed at Thor's hammer shots.

Namor >>that pussy named Thor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Namor made Thanos bleed with one punch.

Thanos laughed at Thor's hammer shots.

Namor >>that pussy named Thor. He broke every bone in his hand. Quit leaving out details. This is your legacy.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by quanchi112
He broke every bone in his hand. Quit leaving out details. This is your legacy.

He takes snapshots of the truth.

Mindship
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So apart from PIS, no stick out tongue welll ... confused

I wouldn't write him doing it (not w/o a sundip/whatever). But if it did happen (in a crossover, of course), I'd accept it (if with a raised eyebrow).

Philosophía
Superman most definitely would.

Kryptoniano
No, superman can't.

riv6672
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Thor did it by using the godly power as described in his own words that resides in every Asgardian. And channelled it into one giant blast in his hammer.

http://i.imgur.com/JOxssFth.jpg

Superman cannot channel any energy and if Thor needed all of the Asgardians energy and power to do such a wound I doubt Superman will do it on his own.
Very cut and dried. Agree.

Adam Grimes
If Superman uses Thor as a club then it's entirely possible. thumb up

riv6672
Not likely, Thor's body isnt as durable as Mjolnir.

Facee
No way Superman does it.

Hyperion maybe smile

ODG
Originally posted by D-Block
Exactly. No way normal Superman could do what Thor did. That wasn't normal Thor either. It was a Thor amped by his Belt of Strength.

Then again, Thor would have been able to do it on his own with a godblast, as he cracked Exitar's inner shell casing which was even harder than his outer armor. Superman doesn't really have an ultimate attack on par to similarly utilize.

Now that I think of it, Superman's solar flare is sort of his ultimate attack but it doesn't strike me as being powerful enough. Originally posted by Stoic
They probably shouldn't be able to do it either. Thor's strike was aided by the electromagnetic power that he absorbed from that planet. Celestials aren't magical beings either, their cosmic ones. Id Superman can't do it, Teth and Captain Marvel shouldn't be able to do it either. That was a different scene. And he shot the electromagnetic blast at Arishem, not Exitar: Originally posted by ODG
XI. MJOLNIR'S POWERS (cont'd)

MAGNETIC CONTROL

Mjolnir's control over magnetism is planetary in scale. In this case, he draws a planet's magnetic field and fire a gigantic magnetic blast which shatters mountain peaks for miles around, from Thor #387:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir137-MagneticBlast387.jpg

One-Punch
Originally posted by ODG
Superman's solar flare is sort of his ultimate attack but it doesn't strike me as being powerful enough.
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/56245910.jpg

iceman24567
The superflare lacks feats but from what we know its powerful as phuck

Stoic
Originally posted by ODG
That wasn't normal Thor either. It was a Thor amped by his Belt of Strength.

Then again, Thor would have been able to do it on his own with a godblast, as he cracked Exitar's inner shell casing which was even harder than his outer armor. Superman doesn't really have an ultimate attack on par to similarly utilize.

Now that I think of it, Superman's solar flare is sort of his ultimate attack but it doesn't strike me as being powerful enough. That was a different scene. And he shot the electromagnetic blast at Arishem, not Exitar:

Thanks brother, I thought that was the fight that I used that electromagnetic energy... blah blah blah on whatchamacallem's dome piece. Been a really long time since I read it. Was it even in the same book?

LordofBrooklyn
Superman replicates the feat.

If he can one-shot Imperiex probes he has the power to pull it off.

ODG
Originally posted by iceman24567
The superflare lacks feats but from what we know its powerful as phuck It took out Ulysses, blew up a mountain and contains EMP qualities when they were testing it out on the JLA satellite but honestly, from the three times he used it to the pint of exhausting himself for 24 hours, it just doesn't seem to compare to something like the godblast.

Then again, few things do. Originally posted by Stoic
Thanks brother, I thought that was the fight that I used that electromagnetic energy... blah blah blah on whatchamacallem's dome piece. Been a really long time since I read it. Was it even in the same book? It was the comic right before the one where Thor takes on Exitar. Thor tries to repel Arishem, fails, then Exitar comes and Thor goes, "Oh sh1t." That's when Thor cracks Exitar's domepiece.

Khazra Reborn
Despite what people like to think, Superman and Thor aren't interchangeable. They have totally different power sets, and Thor can do things Superman can't, and Superman can do things Thor can't.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Despite what people like to think, Superman and Thor aren't interchangeable. They have totally different power sets, and Thor can do things Superman can't, and Superman can do things Thor can't. I think you are wrong bro no expression

Khazra Reborn
I think you are wrong bro no expression

Bummer. sad

quanchi112
I think you are wrong bro no expression So you're saying they have the same abilities ?

Khazra Reborn
I don't think he's serious...

iceman24567
I don't think he's serious... Serious as vaginal herpes

quanchi112
Serious as vaginal herpes I hope your problem clears up.

riv6672
Despite what people like to think, Superman and Thor aren't interchangeable. They have totally different power sets, and Thor can do things Superman can't, and Superman can do things Thor can't.
Agreed.
This is one of those cases.

-Pr-
not really a vs thread. also, I wish I could ban half of you.

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
also, I wish I could ban half of you. PM me a list. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.