Possible Force Barrier feat for Vader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nargaroth
After re-reading the new Star Wars comics I noticed one thing. As you can see in these scans, Vader withstands an explosion that destroyed the largest Imperial weapon factory in the galaxy:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/4644183-star+wars+%282015-%29+003-015.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/4644184-star+wars+%282015-%29+003-016.jpg

Now, what I'd like you to notice is that Vader was completely unaffected by the explosion, whereas before we have seen him whitstand a blast of AT-AT fire which was potent enough to cause him to lose his helmet. The explosion in the scans above, however, was far more destructive than that. And he didn't make it in time to escape the destruction of the factory.

Personally, the most logical conclusion would be that he used a Force Barrier to accomplish this feat, for the reasons explained above, but also because he had no time to take shelter, since he was busy pursuing Luke.

So, what are your thoughts?

Beniboybling
Probably did, but without visual proof I'd put it in as a general endurance/tanking explosion feat.

Selenial
His armour was fine though, definitely a force barrier tbh.

Trocity
thumb up

Vader's outright tanking feats usually leave his cape tattered and his armor noticeably marked up/f***ed up.

I think it was definitely force barrier.

Zenwolf
Either way it's pretty impressive barrier or not.

carthage
damn

NewGuy01
Vader pulling a Cade, mm?

Darth Abonis
No, his armor is just durable as f. I don't think that power wille ver come back into canon, and in my view, its good, because it causes too many problems.

ares834
Except his cape is fine. Though it is possible that he hid in a fridge. mhmm

Nargaroth
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
No, his armor is just durable as f. I don't think that power wille ver come back into canon, and in my view, its good, because it causes too many problems.

Vader used Force Barrier twice in the new canon.

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Vader used Force Barrier twice in the new canon.
When?

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
When?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/4592486-vader.png
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/4496029-darth+vader+004-012.jpg

carthage
He also repelled two grenades in Lords of the Sith

Nargaroth
Originally posted by carthage
He also repelled two grenades in Lords of the Sith

That would be a Tutaminis or Force Deflection feat, though.

WildBantha88
I was more impressed by him shredding two lyleks with a single Force push

Darth Abonis
I honestly think that those are just using the force to push away the fire and stop the debris. Their is no evidence that Vader conjured a bubble of Force energy around himself, like in the old canon Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison. Its just TK.

Trocity
lolwut? You can clearly see the bubble around him in those scans.

FreshestSlice
That would be a Tutaminis or Force Deflection feat, though.
All skills that deal with blocking or dissipating the impact of energy, which is what grenades are, are Tutaminis feats, though.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by Trocity
lolwut? You can clearly see the bubble around him in those scans.

It's called cognitive dissonance

Even presented with tangible evidence, his mind will twist it to conform to his beliefs.

NewGuy01
He could be right, though. Not that it really matters, because the end result is the same.

FreshestSlice
Force Barrier is already a part of canon, though. He also said there is "no evidence" when the bubble is clearly visible, with fire clearly moving around it.

Darth Abonis
Moving around the area of space that is being telekinetically manipulated.

FreshestSlice
TK means telekinesis, which is the act of physically manipulating something without actually making physical contact with it, as the name kind of implies. Vader isn't moving the fire, the fire is moving in the same direction it was when it was shot at him and is moving around a barrier he put in place to protect himself. If he isn't moving the fire himself, by definition it isn't telekinesis. But that wasn't even the point. You said there is no evidence, when there is a hell of a lot more evidence for it being barrier than Vader manipulating fire in the least efficient way possible, especially when if he could actually manipulate the fire, he would just move it back towards the person trying to kill him with it.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
All skills that deal with blocking or dissipating the impact of energy, which is what grenades are, are Tutaminis feats, though.

Yes, but the means through which the result is accomplished are not the same. And even the result is not always the same thing. For instance, a Force Barrier can repel thousands of blaster bolts, whereas Tutaminis can't (unless you're Palpatine or Luke).

Darth Abonis
Okay, obviously we can rule out Pyrokinesis (yet someone with telekinesis could rub molecules together and create fire). I say Vader is using the Force to part the fire, and push it in 2 different directions aka telekinesis. As for the debris on Geonosis, I believe any "barrier" is just the artist highlighting the fact that Vader is using the Force (to suspend the debris in mid-air.)

Zenwolf
Guys, is there any reason Vader isn't allowed to use barrier?....He has done it as Anakin in TCW, so why not as Vader?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Zenwolf
He has done it as Anakin in TCW When?

Nargaroth
Originally posted by |King Joker|
When?

I think he is talking about this:

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120912220529/starwars/images/e/e0/ForceBarrier-ZBSB.png

FreshestSlice
Yes, but the means through which the result is accomplished are not the same. And even the result is not always the same thing. For instance, a Force Barrier can repel thousands of blaster bolts, whereas Tutaminis can't (unless you're Palpatine or Luke).
It's still Tutaminis, regardless. That's why it's called an umbrella term. erm

Protection against energy, Tutaminis, and grenade is nothing but energy.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Guys, is there any reason Vader isn't allowed to use barrier?....He has done it as Anakin in TCW, so why not as Vader?
Not sure why you're saying guys when literally only one person is saying otherwise, and really just for the sake of saying otherwise.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Not sure why you're saying guys when literally only one person is saying otherwise, and really just for the sake of saying otherwise.

I noticed, but couldn't edit due to stupid 15min thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.