Hot Heads vs. Cool Heads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Area Vet
Team Hot Head

Orion
Namor
Firelord
Beta Ray Bill
Guy Garner
Hulk

Team Cool Head

Captain Marvel (Danvers)
Superman
Ironman
Black Bolt
Captain Britain
Quasar

Supermutant
hot heads have too much power

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Supermutant
hot heads have too much power

Huh? How so? Superman, Quasar and Black Bolt on the same team? They might have a slight disadvantange in teams of overall power, but they have a strategic planning and execution advantage. This is how they are likely to match once things break down:

Hulk-Ironman
Orion- Black Bolt
Firelord- Quasar
Namor- Captain Britain
Guy Gardner- Captain Marvell
Beta Ray Bill-Superman

riv6672
Its close, power wise. You made a fairly even couple of squads.
Hard to choose.

Supermutant
Hulk-Ironman

After Hulk destroys standard Ironman, Hulk will help his teammates. And Hulk+ teammate is too much power for any opponent here.

riv6672
Fair point. Once the numbers start piling up on either side...

StiltmanFTW
Bill is a hothead?

Supes is neither hot nor cool, he's simply dumb.

Surtur
Superman isn't really that dumb in the strictest sense. His IQ gets knocked down a peg for the plot, but you can't be dumb and yet capable of reading and understanding every medical book on Earth. I blame that on writers not knowing how to write powerful characters. Some do, some do not.

But I also can't see how team 1 can stop Blackbolt from saying hi. Then again, Blackbolt couldn't exactly protect his own team from his voice so probably best left as a last resort.

StiltmanFTW
He did that thanks to superspeed, end of the story.

On a more serious note, I see what you're getting at.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Supermutant
Hulk-Ironman

After Hulk destroys standard Ironman, Hulk will help his teammates. And Hulk+ teammate is too much power for any opponent here.

And after Black Bolt takes two of the other teams members out?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Surtur
Superman isn't really that dumb in the strictest sense. His IQ gets knocked down a peg for the plot, but you can't be dumb and yet capable of reading and understanding every medical book on Earth. I blame that on writers not knowing how to write powerful characters. Some do, some do not.

But I also can't see how team 1 can stop Blackbolt from saying hi. Then again, Blackbolt couldn't exactly protect his own team from his voice so probably best left as a last resort.

Like this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/9055/1343864-blackbolt_whisper.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Bolt screamed when X-Men were assisting him.

Unleashed his voice while sleeping with Medusa, apparently there is a safe-zone surrounding him.

Like Nitro's

Surtur
Well, I wouldn't use the Gladiator thing because he was able to get right up in his ear and whisper to him, but he won't have that luxury here.

On the other hand if he actually has feats of being able to control the power in regards to not harming those near him..well, not good for team 1.

StiltmanFTW
The best theory is that his power works similar to MGH Nitro's. Safe-zone.

Surtur
Though now the image of Superman grabbing BB at super speed and carrying him around so he can scream in the ears of the other team is..burned into my mind.

Blue Area Vet
Well, I wouldn't use the Gladiator thing because he was able to get right up in his ear and whisper to him, but he won't have that luxury here.

On the other hand if he actually has feats of being able to control the power in regards to not harming those near him..well, not good for team 1.

What "luxury"? You think Gladiator just let him do it? He would have actually hav a BETTER opportunity to pull off a similar manuever being that there are far more players on the board. He could come off his man, approach another opponent quickly and merc him.

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The best theory is that his power works similar to MGH Nitro's. Safe-zone.
Thats interesting. Never knew. thumb up

Surtur
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
What "luxury"? You think Gladiator just let him do it? He would have actually hav a BETTER opportunity to pull off a similar manuever being that there are far more players on the board. He could come off his man, approach another opponent quickly and merc him.

If he can use his power and people can not be killed via being in a safe zone there is no reason for him to try to go up to each person individually and whisper in their ear. Maybe he could walk around the battlefield and try to sneak up on people who are engaged in fighting others and distracted and then do a whisper, but it would just be far easier to AoE the entire place.

Blue Area Vet
If he can use his power and people can not be killed via being in a safe zone there is no reason for him to try to go up to each person individually and whisper in their ear. Maybe he could walk around the battlefield and try to sneak up on people who are engaged in fighting others and distracted and then do a whisper, but it would just be far easier to AoE the entire place.

The point is he a huge factor, arguably a bigger factor than Hulk.

riv6672
On the flip side, i can see 3-4 characters on Team HH taking BB out singly.
The other way around, i see one taking Hulk out.
So, its also a matter of how long does BB stay on the board.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by riv6672
On the flip side, i can see 3-4 characters on Team HH taking BB out singly.
The other way around, i see one taking Hulk out.
So, its also a matter of how long does BB stay on the board.

Hulk is the only character than can't fly and he is a huge candidate for removal. Quasar could do it with little problem, Superman could conceivably do it. And what 3-4 characters could easily take out Bolt because I'm not seeing one.

riv6672
Forgot BFR is allowed, that gives your Hulk theory (some) credence. thumb up
As for who could take out BB? Orion, BRB, Guy Gardner IMO.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by riv6672
Forgot BFR is allowed, that gives your Hulk theory (some) credence. thumb up
As for who could take out BB? Orion, BRB, Guy Gardner IMO.

Only BRB has a chance IMO.

riv6672
Thats okay in my book. thumb up

darthgoober
More often than not I'd go with team cool. They're pretty even as far as power goes, but putting that many "rage out and charge in" against that many tacticians is going to end with a whole lotta hot heads having their attacks hitting their own team mates. Wouldn't be a stomp by any means, but at the end of the day in a team fight involving power levels this close I think the better tactical team would win out.

riv6672
Huh.
Damn thats a great point.

JayDaDon
Though now the image of Superman grabbing BB at super speed and carrying him around so he can scream in the ears of the other team is..burned into my mind.

Hilarious mental image.

Stoic
Which character on the Hot Heads could not take Carol out? She seems like the weak link in the chain. Then we have Sir Brian.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.