My Beef on Fast & the Furious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SmokingIrishman
This is double for the upcoming sequal for Fast and the Furious.

I KNOW it's simply a movie, but this Movie is creating an incorrect image for Street Racing.

I Know. I'm a Street Racer, and my friends are street racers.

Not that I expect them to change anything, I'm just posting to let the uneducated know that these movies are not accurate on what Street Racing is like, and to see if anyone agrees or disagrees.

1) The cars.

The cars they use are TOO good. Most Street Racing cars are suped up normal cars, like Honda Civics and Accords, Nissans etc. If anybody pulled up to a race with cars like that, nobody would race them. They're TOO good.

2) The money.

Pink Slips, nah. Nobody does that. Racers love their cars to much to ever wager them on a race. Most races wager on about $50 - $500.

3) The People.

Call me racist if you want, but this is still the truth. Black People don't race. The whole time we've been racing, we have never seen a black person seriously race, and this is in Baltimore City. Down here, it's mostly white guys (who the majority of are racist ANYWAY, but that isn't the point.). Asians do it, they started it (and many of them get pissed off that white people do it.). In Japan, street racing is crazy...in a good way ^_^.

4) Crowds and Cops.

The crowds never get that big, (in Japan, they get close sometimes though, but never in the middle of a city.). Cops in most parts will usually break Street Races up if they see it, but around here, they let us go as long as we don't endanger people.

~~

Yeah, I'll say it again, it's jut a movie, but being a SR this sh*t beefs me a bit, and I gotta say it.

I think the only realistic thing was the Asian guys driving by with Uzi's. lmao that was classic.

Dexx
well..nice to hear an opinion for someone who has actually done it.
But..every exagerated thing is over payed in a movie...and the visual effects are ok....the cars too.(for a movie)
We wouldn't be watching it it would be full of honda civics.

so i understand that your asian guyz drive around and unload uzis into ya..yeah..classic stick out tongue

BackFire349
im down on the movies cuz they suck.

Augeybana
Yeah didn't like the movie too much and the new movie looks too stupid.

Tevesh
i liked it...yeah. the plot sucked. yeah the acting sucked. yeah almost everything about the movie sucked. but the cars were pretty, and the action sequences with the cars were good.

yeah. it'll never happen in real life, but went to the movie expecting some good car chasing/racing scenes and came out pretty satisfied

BackFire349
having cool cars doesnt make a movie any better.

mechmoggy
It makes it worse IMO.

Bring back Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang I say. wink

Augeybana
Yeah just action doesn't make any movie good but there where some cool cars on there though.I heard the reason Vin Disele didn't do this sequel because he wanted $30 million for it.

SmokingIrishman
I think if the movie was realistic it would be better, with the addition of a Realistic plot.

I mean, not just a guy trying to get money to supe his car up then racing everybody, but you could put a cool plot in there without making it crappy and overdone.

Augeybana
I now people raced after seeing this movie.

Tevesh
just like grand theft auto went up 50% in the city of Pittsburge (i do believe) after the release of Gone in 60 Seconds.

chico23
The first one? O.K.
The second one? Who cares?

Tevesh
yeah. this wasn't one of those movies where you sit down and think wow! this is so realistic and it makes you think. it's just a movie you go to so that you can enjoy a few half naked women, a few nice looking cars, and a few good chase scenes.

Augeybana
Why is 90% of the time I watch the trailer to this movie Tyrese always has he's shirt off and acting like a tuff guy even though he comes out looking like a pretty boy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.