Aquarian vs Speedball

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Haven't seen this one before.

One can has a field that absorbs and controls kinetic energy, and the other has a field that suppresses it. How would their fields react with each other?

Who wins?

Digi
Had to research Speedball to face him in a tourney one time. His feats are more ridiculous than some give him credit for. But if you can slow him down, he's a bit of a glass cannon and usually got one-shotted. Most writers would accomplish this by immobilizing him using restraints, webbing, ropes, adhesive...goo, etc. There's at least 6-7 instances of this, so it's enough to call it a trend. So at a guess, Aquarian seems pretty set up to do the same through his powers. I'd give him a very solid edge due to the matchup.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Digi
Had to research Speedball to face him in a tourney one time. His feats are more ridiculous than some give him credit for. But if you can slow him down, he's a bit of a glass cannon and usually got one-shotted. Most writers would accomplish this by immobilizing him using restraints, webbing, ropes, adhesive...goo, etc. There's at least 6-7 instances of this, so it's enough to call it a trend. So at a guess, Aquarian seems pretty set up to do the same through his powers. I'd give him a very solid edge due to the matchup.

And he was almost murdered with a plastic shopping bag.... embarrasment

Digi
Lol.

My takeaway from the research was one of awe, though. His better feats are really good for his perceived level. If that weakness hadn't been there, or had been accounted for in the team/amalgamation, I would have been worried. He's a goddamned steal at mid meta (which, I think, is what he was considered at the time), and absolutely viable at high meta.

Zack M
Speedball.

riv6672
I'm with Digi on my Speedball respect.
He has one of those goofy power sets that is only goofy until a good writer or writers come along and think about what could really be done with it. Like Plastic Man at DC.

Having said ALL that though i still go with Aquarian. I matched him up against Juggernaut once; i think he's a character with untapped potential. Maybe someday one of those writers i mentioned'll give him his due.

zopzop
Originally posted by cdtm
Haven't seen this one before.

One can has a field that absorbs and controls kinetic energy, and the other has a field that suppresses it. How would their fields react with each other?

Who wins?
Aquarian wins.

His Null Field held a guy capable of devouring universes (he actually went on to devour 7 or 8 of them in fact). His Null Field has also shut down the Quantum Bands.

Nothing Speedball's kinetic field has done even comes close to comparing to that. Nothing.

Surtur
Aquarian is the exact type of person with powers Speedball would do well to avoid.

leonidas
yeah, don't see why or how speedy's field could possibly overcome aquarian's... afaik his field has never been over-ridden by anyone or anything before, though i may well have missed something of course...

riv6672
I dont think you have.

long pig
Speedballing is super fun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.