Creed (2015)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
Plot Synopsis:
The former World Heavyweight Champion Rocky Balboa serves as a trainer and mentor to Adonis Creed, the son of his late friend and former rival Apollo Creed.

http://i.imgur.com/qGNm2nl.jpg

Starring: Michael B. Jordan, Sylvester Stallone, Phylicia Rashad & Tessa Thompson.

Uv554B7YHk4

Tzeentch
You know... I can get behind this.

quanchi112
They showed the preview before terminator genisys. I'll definitely give this a shot.

BruceSkywalker
will pass

relentless1
looks goo, i will theatre this one, always been a rocky fan

Patient_Leech
Is Creed going to do the soundtrack for this?

Newjak
After seeing the trailer yeah I'm kind of excited for this.

Lestov16
Normally not one for reboots but this looks great

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
Normally not one for reboots but this looks great This isn't a reboot.

laughing out loud

juggerman
Originally posted by Lestov16
Normally not one for reboots but this looks great

It's a sequel/spin-off.

Robtard
So two boxing movies to watch this year thumb up

Coming soon to a MVF near you: Creed Vs Hope

juggerman
Southpaw?

Robtard
Yup

Blue Area Vet
Looks incredible.

carthage
Looks very promising

juggerman
This was damn good. Damn good indeed.

Ascendancy
Was going to watch it with the fam over break but we didn't make it.

quanchi112
Have not made it out to see it, either.

Bentley
I didn't even know this existed embarrasment

juggerman
You three should be ashamed!

quanchi112
I saw it.

juggerman
And?

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
And? Very good just not great. Didn't like the ending. That irked me. This confirms Apollo creed really was the best.

juggerman
Originally posted by quanchi112
Very good just not great. Didn't like the ending. That irked me.

Really? I was hoping for something like that. Didn't just want them to wrap it up with a "feel good hero gets everything he wanted and lived happily ever after" ending. But they did kinda do a similar thing in the last one so I can see why others might not have liked it.

This confirms Apollo creed really was the best.

YES!!!!! I loved the revelation!!!!

quanchi112
Really? I was hoping for something like that. Didn't just want them to wrap it up with a "feel good hero gets everything he wanted and lived happily ever after" ending. But they did kinda do a similar thing in the last one so I can see why others might not have liked it.

YES!!!!! I loved the revelation!!!! It ended just like Rocky 1.

juggerman
It ended just like Rocky 1.

And 6 too so I get the dislike about that.

quanchi112
And 6 too so I get the dislike about that. Yeah, I'd rather have the feel good ending, that guy was a dick. He also had a frail and underdeveloped body. His chest was awful.

Tzeentch
Very good just not great. Didn't like the ending. That irked me. This confirms Apollo creed really was the best. How is the ending any kind of commentary on Apollo's boxing skills vs Adonis'? Adonis went 15-0 with zero training and nearly beat the #1 fighter in the world with only 6 months of real training under his belt. There's nothing about his performance that wasn't incredible and miraculous.

I mean, I'm not even asserting that Adonis is a more skilled fighter than Apollo (maybe he is, maybe he isn't), I'm just pointing out that nothing in his track record throughout the movie could be considered a show of weakness, considering his level of experience and training. He pretty much overachieved on every level.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tzeentch
How is the ending any kind of commentary on Apollo's boxing skills vs Adonis'? Adonis went 15-0 with zero training and nearly beat the #1 fighter in the world with only 6 months of real training under his belt. There's nothing about his performance that wasn't incredible and miraculous. He was trained by Rocky balboa. Apollo Creed had no rivals at his best. Even post best he still beat Rocky twice. He clearly lost the decision. That's only one fight not an entire career of domination.

Tzeentch
Apollo Creed had no rivals at his best. That's my point though. We've yet to see Adonis at his best. All we've seen thus far is an Adonis with 6 months of actual training. That training may be from Rocky Balboa, but it's still only 6 months. lol. What's he going to look like with a year of training? 2 years?

Also, I edited to clarify.

quanchi112
That's my point though. We've yet to see Adonis at his best. All we've seen thus far is an Adonis with 6 months of actual training. That training may be from Rocky Balboa, but it's still only 6 months. lol. What's he going to look like with a year of training? 2 years?

Also, I edited to clarify. You are arguing off what ifs not facts. Continue to speculate until you're blue in the face. It won't change what we know now. Apollo would destroy his son.

Tzeentch
Probably. But would that be because he's the more skilled boxer or because he has over 20 years of professional training versus 6 months and vastly more fighting experience under his belt?

quanchi112
Probably. But would that be because he's the more skilled boxer or because he has over 20 years of professional training versus 6 months and vastly more fighting experience under his belt? It just goes to show you how shitty the current champ was more than anything.

Tzeentch
I see.

Bentley
It just goes to show you how shitty the current champ was more than anything.

There aren't really that many super champions in Rocky's continuity, even when Balboa was at the top he was a washed up version of himself.

Mindset
Very good just not great. Didn't like the ending. That irked me. This confirms Apollo creed really was the best. All the smart people already knew that. thumb up

KingD19
I thought Quan was saying Apollo was the best because he beat Rocky 2 out of 3.

I will say though that while I wanted Adonis to win with a surprise knockout or something, I wasn't too upset he lost and was actually expecting it. He lost by split decision, meaning Conlan just barely scraped out a victory. Adonis was also the first to knock him on his ass, and like it's been stated, this is from a very young(early 20's), self taught(aside from 6 months with Rocky) who had a perfect pro record up until he fought the champ. Adonis is a monster, but he's a monster at a disadvantage. I agree that once he's really reached his own prime, he'd be a helluva fight for his old man even in his prime.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
I thought Quan was saying Apollo was the best because he beat Rocky 2 out of 3.

I will say though that while I wanted Adonis to win with a surprise knockout or something, I wasn't too upset he lost and was actually expecting it. He lost by split decision, meaning Conlan just barely scraped out a victory. Adonis was also the first to knock him on his ass, and like it's been stated, this is from a very young(early 20's), self taught(aside from 6 months with Rocky) who had a perfect pro record up until he fought the champ. Adonis is a monster, but he's a monster at a disadvantage. I agree that once he's really reached his own prime, he'd be a helluva fight for his old man even in his prime. Speculative nonsense. He is 0-1 against a true professional. He beat the majority in shitty countries to booster his prowess. He got the fight because of his dad's name.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
There aren't really that many super champions in Rocky's continuity, even when Balboa was at the top he was a washed up version of himself. Not when he went eye of the tiger only when he wasn't hungry. Creed was a super champion. Lang was also a killer.

KingD19
Speculative nonsense. He is 0-1 against a true professional. He beat the majority in shitty countries to booster his prowess. He got the fight because of his dad's name.

His record is 16-1, and his only loss is by split decision after going the full 12 rounds with the champ. And this is against a guy with an insane record, who broke the jaw of the second best guy in the division with a single naked punch. And had never even left his feet in his entire career. Adonis was the first to knock him down which is very impressive.

And again this is after only 6 months of training that wasn't even full of training due to Rocky's illness and his girlfriend. You're the one apparently speculating that he won't get better with all the advantages he never had growing up, like a place to train, a dedicated coach, people in his life to motivate him, etc... Everything a boxer needs to go from good to great.

quanchi112
His record is 16-1, and his only loss is by split decision after going the full 12 rounds with the champ. And this is against a guy with an insane record, who broke the jaw of the second best guy in the division with a single naked punch. And had never even left his feet in his entire career. Adonis was the first to knock him down which is very impressive.

And again this is after only 6 months of training that wasn't even full of training due to Rocky's illness and his girlfriend. You're the one apparently speculating that he won't get better with all the advantages he never had growing up, like a place to train, a dedicated coach, people in his life to motivate him, etc... Everything a boxer needs to go from good to great. He didn't beat any true professionals. He lost. He was unable to best him. Close but no cigar.

Excuses. Creed beat a Rocky he didn't even take seriously in part one. This guy didn't take Adonis seriously either. laughing out loud

Cry about facts. Creed is the man his son is in his shadow. Shame.

KingD19
Okay so pretty much regardless of how awesome or lame a character is. You will champion or shit on them depending on whether you like them or not.

Example. Nu-Trek Khan is shit. Like...just shit. You think he's the best thing since sliced bread. Ermugerd, he can crursh skurrrs. Adonis is an amazing character. And an amazing boxer who went a long way without a lot. He's the only person in the world to last all 12 rounds with Conlan. He's the only one to knock him down. He got his respect after a split decision. He's an amazing boxer with six months of pro training to his name and before that was up he beat a title contender in Leo. You don't like him so you think he's shit. Lol you're somethin' alright.

quanchi112
Okay so pretty much regardless of how awesome or lame a character is. You will champion or shit on them depending on whether you like them or not.

Example. Nu-Trek Khan is shit. Like...just shit. You think he's the best thing since sliced bread. Ermugerd, he can crursh skurrrs. Adonis is an amazing character. And an amazing boxer who went a long way without a lot. He's the only person in the world to last all 12 rounds with Conlan. He's the only one to knock him down. He got his respect after a split decision. He's an amazing boxer with six months of pro training to his name and before that was up he beat a title contender in Leo. You don't like him so you think he's shit. Lol you're somethin' alright. Untrue. I support Windu over Sidious and sidious is my second fave Star Wars character under Maul. Windu is ass but I give him his due.

Khan is portrayed at that level despite my love of the character. Adonis was a Pissant who cried a lot about his name and booed and hissed at Rocky.

Yeah, he fought a great fight and lost. Creed had a great career along with great fights.

He is shit compared to his father.

Robtard
Yeah, I'd rather have the feel good ending, that guy was a dick. He also had a frail and underdeveloped body. His chest was awful.

That movie wasn't very good at all for a few reasons, but your biggest gripe about it is some guy's chest? Oh, man.

Inhuman
This probably the best Rocky 4 poster on planet earth

http://i.imgur.com/qxpvNr2.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
That movie wasn't very good at all for a few reasons, but your biggest gripe about it is some guy's chest? Oh, man. I didn't say this had anything to do with the movie's entertainment value. I just criticized the champs physique. It was rob like.

I liked the movie. It was good but of course your man of steel loving ass hated it.

Mindset
Originally posted by Inhuman
This probably the best poster on planet earth

http://i.imgur.com/qxpvNr2.jpg ftfy

Time-Immemorial
I might see it, if Creed looks like Mindset in real life.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I might see it, if Creed looks like Mindset in real life. Robbie reminds me of Mickey from the Rocky films. Fatter though.

Time-Immemorial
Its hard to know what Rob looks like, he has an obsession with cats.

quanchi112
Its hard to know what Rob looks like, he has an obsession with cats. Most closeted individuals surround themselves with felines.

Time-Immemorial
I wonder if the cats boss him around the house, and run the show.

quanchi112
I wonder if the cats boss him around the house, and run the show. I imagine everyone in Rob's life tells him what to do which explains his forum rage and alter ego I hate my life Robbie persona.

Bentley
Not when he went eye of the tiger only when he wasn't hungry. Creed was a super champion. Lang was also a killer.

Lang was an offensive boxer with power but his champion record is iffy at best. Rocky is obviously a powerhouse but arguably he was never as dominant as Creed in his tenure (from a tactical point of view). From then on, champions were nothing to talk about.

Robtard
I didn't say this had anything to do with the movie's entertainment value. I just criticized the champs physique. It was rob like.

I liked the movie. It was good but of course your man of steel loving ass hated it.

Say what you mean then, instead of obsessing over Tarver's chest thumb up

quanchi112
Say what you mean then, instead of obsessing over Tarver's chest thumb up Physiques in a film should be there in a competition physical sport such as boxing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Lang was an offensive boxer with power but his champion record is iffy at best. Rocky is obviously a powerhouse but arguably he was never as dominant as Creed in his tenure (from a tactical point of view). From then on, champions were nothing to talk about. Lang was still a ferocious champion but Creed was the best.

Robtard
Physiques in a film should be there in a competition physical sport such as boxing.

That actor is none other than boxing champion Antonio Carver, him and his chest went 31-6-1-1 in the light heavyweight division.

Why he didn't workout more for the film, is anyone's guess. Probably just lazy.

quanchi112
That actor is none other than boxing champion Antonio Carver, him and his chest went 31-6-1-1 in the light heavyweight division.

Why he didn't workout more for the film, is anyone's guess. Probably just lazy. This is a fictional film so his real life skills don't matter as this is choreographed. His physique was Robtard like.

Robtard
As much as you've tried with all the weird skype and pic request, you've never seen by body. Feel free to ask BF, he's seen it (no homo).

quanchi112
As much as you've tried with all the weird skype and pic request, you've never seen by body. Feel free to ask BF, he's seen it (no homo). You defending his awful physique and through what I've heard confirms it. Fitness matters to me but not you. Be proud of your small chest.

Robtard
I've been working out for 20 years and you play kickball against teens and middle-aged women, so be real for once in your life, quano.

quanchi112
I've been working out for 20 years and you play kickball against teens and middle-aged women, so be real for once in your life, quano. I have been working out since 2004 and unlike you I can actually compete in kickball, soccer, bball, and tennis.

You champion those like yourself with small chests. All the best to you.

Tzeentch
As much as you've tried with all the weird skype and pic request, you've never seen by body. Feel free to ask BF, he's seen it (no homo). Can I see your body, Rob? Minimal but empirically present homo.

Robtard
Sent via PM

quanchi112
Can I see your body, Rob? Minimal but empirically present homo. Robbie's fantasy is finally unfolding.

Robtard
You're jealous of tzeen now, you've asked me to skype with you three times and asked for pics at least a dozen times; I rejected you each and every time smile

quanchi112
You're jealous of tzeen now, you've asked me to skype with you three times and asked for pics at least a dozen times; I rejected you each and every time smile Go get him, champ. Live your dreams.

jinXed by JaNx
Looks good although, i don't see any reason to see it in the theaters. Rocky schools some wayward boxer to winning a championship...,I saw that happen in every other Rocky movie. lol, except this one has rap music.

juggerman
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Rocky schools some wayward boxer to winning a championship...,I saw that happen in every other Rocky movie.

I didn't realize Rocky I-IV were all about Rocky being a mentor.

EDIT: And the 6th one too

KingD19
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Looks good although, i don't see any reason to see it in the theaters. Rocky schools some wayward boxer to winning a championship...,I saw that happen in every other Rocky movie. lol, except this one has rap music.

That is also not what happened in this one.

Bentley
Saw it in theaters, it has very good long sequences and it's very energetic. The fights were really well done, the drama wasn't overly done and made for a cohesive narration for the most part (some bits were a bit longwinded, but considered the themes in the movie it did surprisingly well).

It's pretty close to the original Rocky in some of its themes, but it brings enough new elements to the table to be an interesting sequel. Because of the many throwbacks and feeling, I think this beats The Force Awakens as the Superior soft-remake of the original classic.

I went to reread the thread a bit and I'm surprised that Colman was underplayed (when I commented on him, I did not know about his Professional record). He is obviously a dominating force of his time, going unchallenged, not falling once and entirely able of dominating opponents with his reach, but still a winner by knock downs more often than not. The only reason Adonis had a fighting chance was because Colman got greedy, which fits the hot headed character.

tkitna
Saw this recently as a freebie and its totally forgetful in my opinion. Same old Rocky theme attributed to an uninteresting character now. Boring.

StiltmanFTW
With Paulie gone... it's just not the same...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.