Batman vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nusa105
New 52 Batman
Ultimate Captain America

Vote Now!

iceman24567
Huh?

Juk3n
Ultimate Cap is a monster. He wins. Hes a winner.

riv6672
Cap.

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpsnyl4tfdc.jpg

relentless1
n52 Bats is a beast, I wouldn't count him out so easily, great fight here but I see Bats taking it 6/10

Supermex
You must really hate Batman lol

Ultimate Cap is beastly.. 616 Cap would Batman, ultimate Cap would cripple hom for life..

riv6672
For life and for America.

cdtm
Batkick ftw.

riv6672
Cap kick might literally kill Batman.

http://needcoffee.cachefly.net/needcoffee/uploads/2011/07/captain-america-vs-hulk.jpg

h1a8
Gadgets people. That's how Batman always beat CA. Otherwise Batman loses.

riv6672
Gonna be hard to use those gadgets, given where cap is going to relocate them...

But yes, the wins Batman gets (not a majority) will be via guile gadgets and gumption.

h1a8
Originally posted by riv6672
Gonna be hard to use those gadgets, given where cap is going to relocate them...

But yes, the wins Batman gets (not a majority) will be via guile gadgets and gumption.

Gas, sonics, etc. It's hard to get around those. One gas pellet and it's over.

riv6672
I agree, because Ultimate Cap can NOT hold his breath. True story.

h1a8
I agree, because Ultimate Cap can NOT hold his breath. True story.
1. He can't hold his breath for too long
2. He can't exert much energy without exhaling.
3. He would tire far faster without air.
4. The gas would impede his vision
5. He just might get hit by Batman causing him to take a breath.

DarkSaint85
New 52 Bats, when faced with a superior physical specimen, WILL spam his belt - see the fight with Superman.

He will get caught by Caps superior speed, but his suit will enable him to survive the blow. However, it tells him that Cap is superhuman, and not to be messed with.

Hence, the spamming.

riv6672
Originally posted by h1a8
1. He can't hold his breath for too long
2. He can't exert much energy without exhaling.
3. He would tire far faster without air.
4. The gas would impede his vision
5. He just might get hit by Batman causing him to take a breath.
I'd hate to see how hard you'd try to convince me if i DIDNT agree with you. eek!

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
New 52 Bats, when faced with a superior physical specimen, WILL spam his belt - see the fight with Superman.

He will get caught by Caps superior speed, but his suit will enable him to survive the blow. However, it tells him that Cap is superhuman, and not to be messed with.

Hence, the spamming.
Agreed.
By the same token, unless he gets an instant win, Cap isnt going to let him try the next gadget. He'll assess the attack, the fact that there'll be more, and rip Batmsn's head off.

h1a8
Agreed.
By the same token, unless he gets an instant win, Cap isnt going to let him try the next gadget. He'll assess the attack, the fact that there'll be more, and rip Batmsn's head off. Batman is arguably more skilled than Ult. Cap. Not only can Batman prevent Cap from landing a blow for a decent while but spamming his gadgets will most certainly protect Batman from attacks. There's no getting around the gas. A single gas pellet wins for the 5 reasons I gave.

P.S. Cap can't stop Batman from trying the next gadget. Batman is fast enough and skilled enough to defend himself, evade, block, parry, etc. Cap has to attack with caution. He can't just blindly go crazy. Otherwise Batman can counter him with some devastating attacks.

relentless1
people seem to forget that Batman is nearly on par with Caps physical abilities, Steve has the edge for sure but Batman can make that up through sheer skill and gadgetry

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by relentless1
people seem to forget that Batman is nearly on par with Caps physical abilities, Steve has the edge for sure but Batman can make that up through sheer skill and gadgetry
you do realize this is Ultimate Cap and not 616 Cap right?

DarkSaint85

Physically, Ult. Cap has more than just an edge...

HulkIsHulk
As for the fight, Ultimate Cap wins. He is a legit superhuman, far more brutal, i.e., murderously brutal and a totally dishonorable fighter. I can never forget him using kindergarden kids as a shield to win a fight. And people seem to forget that unlike the mainstream version Ultimate Cap did not carry just his shield, he also carried an assault rifle and a sidearm, grenades, flashbangs, smokebombs, gasbombs and tasers. So he is packing some heat and gadgets too. And he has a minor healing factor. That guy is a cheating psycho in a fight who would have no problem decapitating Bruce with the shield and thens hotting him in the heart to be sure

riv6672
Originally posted by h1a8
Batman is arguably more skilled than Ult. Cap. Not only can Batman prevent Cap from landing a blow for a decent while but spamming his gadgets will most certainly protect Batman from attacks. There's no getting around the gas. A single gas pellet wins for the 5 reasons I gave.

P.S. Cap can't stop Batman from trying the next gadget. Batman is fast enough and skilled enough to defend himself, evade, block, parry, etc. Cap has to attack with caution. He can't just blindly go crazy. Otherwise Batman can counter him with some devastating attacks.
I can see you're in the Zone here. The Character A can do this while Character B cant do anything back Zone.
And thats fine, but that isnt worth pursuing as a conversation.

Odekahn
I can see you're in the Zone here. The Character A can do this while Character B cant do anything back Zone.
And thats fine, but that isnt worth pursuing as a conversation.

So what is Cap going to do back?

I personally lean towards Cap here but only slightly and only because Batman doesn't have the luxury of Prep here. Batman can definitely get some wins. 4.5/5.5 Also, don't forget Batman has taken on foes that could arguably rival Cap such as Bane.

But in the conversation above it looked like H1 was just bringing up different offenses Batman has as reasons he could win and you just dismiss it instead of rebutting it. What about that was so bad to you?

DarkSaint85
Here is what happens when DCnU Batman goes up against amped opponents.

Emperor Mackelmore Penguin here was amped up on Venom, Man-Bat Serum, PLUS had armour plating courtesy of Poison Ivy.

https://p.dreamwidth.org/b3d2f44abc4d/-/abload.de/img/detective20-1ldlv5.jpg
https://p.dreamwidth.org/931abbec0e50/-/abload.de/img/detective20-2erbly.jpg

Then, Batman breaks free of those chains, and comes back into the house for revenge:
https://p.dreamwidth.org/22b1ee631b1e/-/abload.de/img/detective20-377l91.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3022402-2013-05-01+07-30-37+-+detective+comics+20-014.jpg

carver9
What I got from those scans is Batman will get beat to sleep the first round by Cap and during the second round he will probably win. To bad each round doesn't consist of each opponent knowing what happened previously. Cap wins.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
What I got from those scans is Batman will get beat to sleep the first round by Cap and during the second round he will probably win. To bad each round doesn't consist of each opponent knowing what happened previously. Cap wins.

thumb up

Then that's where the general knowledge forum rule comes in.

Ultimate Captain America is a celeb. Batman will pretty much know everything there is to know about him - a luxury that he didn't have against Emperor Penguin .

Without knowledge, random encounter, Cap beats him. I agree.

During this forum fight, however:

He knows not to take him lightly. Of course, Cap will do the same, but we saw how an opponent who had prepped against Batman fared when Bats was serious.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9

By that logic, every fight Superman has with Doomsday ends with Doomsday winning, because that's what happened in the comic.

Plus, Batman won't underestimate Cap like he did this guy due to ignorance. Ultimate Cap's abilities fall under common knowledge, so Batman will know exactly how outclassed he is, and go to his A game.

Henry_Pym
Has batman ever upon meeting someone, just by reputation used lethal ordinance?

Also this Cap carries hand grenades and is smart enough to cook them off so stealth isn't really a possibility

cdtm
Originally posted by Henry_Pym

Superman.

DarkSaint85

Also this Cap carries hand grenades and is smart enough to cook them off so stealth isn't really a possibility

Doomsday? Lol.

Doesn't have to be lethal. We're not shoving C4 down Cap's throat, lol.

Immobilising foam pellets, gas, tasers, sonics, that kinda thing. IOW, not saying Batman is going out for the kill just because Cap is enhanced - just that he won't exactly underestimate Cap and let himself.

Note that both H1 and myself (the only ones it seems in Batman's camp atm) have acknowledged Cap has the physical advantage. But Batman will win as he usually does, with his gadgets.

Edit: Also, Superman, lol as cdtm pointed out.

I have reported all of you btw for not acknowledging my brilliant note of Emperor Penguin as Mackelmore.

riv6672
Originally posted by Odekahn
So what is Cap going to do back?

I personally lean towards Cap here but only slightly and only because Batman doesn't have the luxury of Prep here. Batman can definitely get some wins. 4.5/5.5 Also, don't forget Batman has taken on foes that could arguably rival Cap such as Bane.

But in the conversation above it looked like H1 was just bringing up different offenses Batman has as reasons he could win and you just dismiss it instead of rebutting it. What about that was so bad to you?
If i'm not pursuing the issue with him personally why would i do so by proxy?

Anyhow, you and i agree on prep being a factor. I can also get behind Batman pulling 4/6.
Common knowledge, Cap's equipment (besides shield) has been discussed. My opinion is, if Batman doesnt score a quick win with his opening attack, this version of Cap will bulldoze him.
I'm NOT saying Batman CANT win. I'm saying he can. But not for a majority.

Henry_Pym
I laughed at it if it makes you feel better.

riv6672
I didnt feel bad to begin with so, no change? No change. thumb up

cdtm
Physically, Ult. Cap has more than just an edge...

Agreed. But the skill gap evens it out.

A lots made of Ultimate Cap being stronger then steve, but both Batman and 616 Cap handle stronger opponents all the time.

US Agent? Bane on venom, or Slade Wilson? Even a Rhino or Grundy.. Sure, both could be argued as PIS, but no less then Ultimate Cap making Hulk bleed.

Blue Area Vet

He's not close to Cap and <<<<< Ultimate Cap.

riv6672
Thats pretty much a given.

RadZoa
Batman wears a cup, Captain America doesn't

Batman wins

RadZoa
Honestly Batman has way better strength and speed feats than 616 Cap but the only defense Cap defenders have are "buh buh teh PIS" then proceed to use Cap's highest showing while dismissing everything Batman does

Batman would beat Cap without too much trouble, Ultimate Cap wouldn't do much better

riv6672
Looks like you're the one doing exactly what you're accusing others of. Cute.

RadZoa
Nah, if you use their highest feats for both characters, Batman beats Caps ass, the only way Cap could win is if you use his higher end feats and Batmans low-mid end feats.

riv6672
Seen all six of your posts and what you bring to a discussion i can do without. Enjoy your time at KMC.

Sixth_Winged
Here is what happens when DCnU Batman goes up against amped opponents.

Emperor Mackelmore Penguin here was amped up on Venom, Man-Bat Serum, PLUS had armour plating courtesy of Poison Ivy.

https://p.dreamwidth.org/b3d2f44abc4d/-/abload.de/img/detective20-1ldlv5.jpg
https://p.dreamwidth.org/931abbec0e50/-/abload.de/img/detective20-2erbly.jpg

Then, Batman breaks free of those chains, and comes back into the house for revenge:
https://p.dreamwidth.org/22b1ee631b1e/-/abload.de/img/detective20-377l91.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3022402-2013-05-01+07-30-37+-+detective+comics+20-014.jpg

Those scans pretty much support CA lol. Instead of strangling him and leaving him for dead, how bout decapitation via shied.

iceman24567
Really stretching the page again?

riv6672
Originally posted by iceman24567
Really stretching the page again? haha, i thought the same just now. laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
Bat belt ftw.

Silent Master
Originally posted by RadZoa
Honestly Batman has way better strength and speed feats than 616 Cap but the only defense Cap defenders have are "buh buh teh PIS" then proceed to use Cap's highest showing while dismissing everything Batman does

Batman would beat Cap without too much trouble, Ultimate Cap wouldn't do much better

LOL!!!!

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Silent Master
LOL!!!!

Mass hallucinations by the Bat Cult. Their condition is worsening.

quanchi112
Cap wins.

Werewolf582
Ultimate cap squashes him.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Those scans pretty much support CA lol. Instead of strangling him and leaving him for dead, how bout decapitation via shied.

General knowledge here, which he didn't have against Thrift Shop Penguin.

Once he DID, however, he won.

riv6672
That general knowledge card can only be played so many times, though. Sometimes you just lose, no matter that you know who you're losing to.

Juk3n
Honestly Batman has way better strength and speed feats than 616 Cap but..

**** outa here with that bullshit

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Juk3n
**** outa here with that bullshit

laughing

Henry_Pym
Honestly Batman has way better strength and speed feats than 616 Cap So you can beat pulling a helicopter out of the sky?

riv6672
616 Cap sheared the turret off a tank with a shield throw. He threw his shield hard enough to outrace a rocket slash missile already in flight. Ultimate Cap is stronger.
Never really thought about what that meant.

h1a8
So you can beat pulling a helicopter out of the sky? That was a shitty feat Tbh. Cap has way better feats than that. It was a tiny glass Wonkavator. Probably a couple of few hundred pounds. Also cap had help with the car. Next, the Wonkavator was in vertical equilibrium when cap pulled it (the upward forces were equal to the downward forces). So any additional downward forces (even by a human) would have pulled it down.

However it would have been impressive if cap pulled down a real helicopter (one which is bigger and actually made of steel) WHILE it was attempting to rise vertically.

Anyway cap is most definitely physically superior to Batman here. It's not debatable. But skill and gadgets more than even this fight out.

tkitna
Seriously, its pretty easy. H2H or on just physical levels, Cap owns. A random encounter with Bruce using his gadgets, he wins. So its settled.

I propose a beating to anybody who creates another Bats vs Cap thread.

riv6672
^^^well there goes MY next thread right out the window.erm

krisblaze
I remember Bane one-shotting emperor penguin

ODG
I remember Ult. Cap one-shotting Ult. Juggernaut.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.