Thanos vs Supermans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Grimes
I honestly don't want this to turn into a shit-fest, so try and behave.

How many DCNU Supermans can Thanos take on and defeat?

2) Preboot Supermans

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

2) Preboot Supermans
Depends on Supermans mindset.
Superman can beat him on his own like he did with some DS Avatars or he can job.

carver9

2) Preboot Supermans

Thanos has been written pretty got darn high lately. To beat him, it's going to take a lot but to give him a fight? DCNU Superman alone would get destroyed but I think 1 Pre Reboot Superman could give him a fight (will lose). 2 will have a temp advantage (and lose) and 3 is overkill imo.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Depends on Supermans mindset.
Superman can beat him on his own like he did with some DS Avatars or he can job. Not likely.

Adam Grimes
Thanks for the input brahs.

What if I limit Thanos to his physical abilities?

iceman24567
Thanks for the input brahs.

What if I limit Thanos to his physical abilities? Split with an edge to Kal

Ionceknewu
Originally posted by iceman24567
Split with an edge to Kal are you saying superman is stronger and more durable. If so that's very controversial.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Ionceknewu
are you saying superman is stronger and more durable. If so that's very controversial. Never said that. Superman has better strength feats but Thanos has greater striking power and combat speed goes to Superman.

Ionceknewu
Never said that. Superman has better strength feats but Thanos has greater striking power and combat speed goes to Superman. what are your thoughts on durability?

Genii96
Thanos shits on superman,supes is thor/surfer tier

h1a8
I'm going to debunk Thanos durability against blunt force.
If you look at his entire history of all the times he was struck by a high Herald you would see that he was always affected. He never once no sold a blunt force strike from a high Herald. That's because all writer's write him with the durability to be affected by high Herald blunt attacks.

So to magically assume that Thanos is not going to be affected by the blunt force of Superman in a forum is asinine. Once Superman knows how durable and tough a character is then he will adjust accordingly, like he does with Darkseid.

It's Superman speed and, most importantly, reflexes that will make him stomp Thanos with ease in a forum fight. He would always view Thanos in slow motion and thus making his fight against him easy. In a comic, character's reflexes is often ignored for the sake of the story.

So 1 Preboot Supes stomps and 1 dcNu Superman wins a fair majority.

iceman24567
Originally posted by h1a8
If you look at his entire history of all the times he was struck by a high Herald you would see that he was always affected. He never once no sold a blunt force strike from a high Herald. That's because all writer's write him with the durability to be affected by high Herald blunt attacks.

So to magically assume that Thanos is not going to be affected by the blunt force of Superman in a forum is asinine. Once Superman knows how durable and tough a character is then he will adjust accordingly, like he does with Darkseid.

It's Superman speed and, most importantly, reflexes that will make him stomp Thanos with ease in a forum fight. He would always view Thanos in slow motion and thus making his fight against him easy. In a comic, character's reflexes is often ignored for the sake of the story.

So 1 Preboot Supes stomps and 1 dcNu Superman wins a fair majority. Nope

Insane Titan

So 1 Preboot Supes stomps and 1 dcNu Superman wins a fair majority. Lmao it's funny to see you still pedalling this shit no gives a flying f*ck about.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Lmao it's funny to see you still pedalling this shit no gives a flying f*ck about. Pretty much no point even wasting more than a couple seconds replying to the same bs song.

h1a8
Nope So you purposely refuse to use logic and common sense in debating and Champion a lie? Why debate?

If Superman will see Thanos in slow motion then how would the fight be hard?
If Superman doesn't see Thanos in slow motion then that means he either doesn't have fast reflexes or Thanos moves at the same speed he does. We know that either of those things aren't true.

iceman24567
So you purposely refuse to use logic and common sense in debating and Champion a lie? Why debate?

If Superman will see Thanos in slow motion then how would the fight be hard?
If Superman doesn't see Thanos in slow motion then that means he either doesn't have fast reflexes or Thanos moves at the same speed he does. We know that either of those things aren't true. What you perceive as logic is just pure bias. Nothing from comics support that Thanos can't react to Superman. You spout the same nonsense and just about nobody agrees for good reason. Superman has been hit by bricks alot slower than Thanos you seem to be ignoring comics for your own benefit which is as illogical as you can get when debating based on what we see from comics. Stating the same thing over and over like a broken record doesn't make it right. You are wrong once again seems to be a habit for you.

h1a8
What you perceive as logic is just pure bias. Nothing from comics support that Thanos can't react to Superman. You spout the same nonsense and just about nobody agrees for good reason. Superman has been hit by bricks alot slower than Thanos you seem to be ignoring comics for your own benefit which is as illogical as you can get when debating based on what we see from comics. Stating the same thing over and over like a broken record doesn't make it right. You are wrong once again seems to be a habit for you.
Superman has superior super speed and reflexes in a forum or he doesn't.
It doesn't go both ways. Either he does or he doesn't. If he does then everything I said is true.

I never mentioned that Thanos can't react to Superman. That's a different argument. I only mentioned that Superman would see Thanos in slow motion. Seeing someone moving in slow motion would make for an easy fight.

So you are basically being evasive and implying that Superman won't be able to see Thanos on slow motion by shifting the argument.

iceman24567

DarkSaint85
<insert scan of the mighty Namor bloodying Thanos>

h1a8

iceman24567
Superman has both super speed and super fast reflexes. These are two different powers. It was shown on panel multiple times that Superman can view things frozen in time or in super slow motion. His super reflexes gives him that ability. Comics sometimes ignore that ability by Superman. Good thing this is a forum fight where characters fight to the best of their abilities. Best of their abilities doesn't mean how h1 wants them to

h1a8
Best of their abilities doesn't mean how h1 wants them to best to their abilities implies what they have actually shown in comics when they are fighting to their best ability and not things they haven't actually shown.

Sin I AM

So 1 Preboot Supes stomps and 1 dcNu Superman wins a fair majority.

Bwahahahaijsijsijslmao

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Bwahahahaijsijsijslmao thumb up

Sin I AM
thumb up

H1 is hilarious

h1a8
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Bwahahahaijsijsijslmao

So I proved that ALL high Heralds can affect Thanos with blunt force. Superman is significantly stronger than any high Herald that physically affected Thanos and thus he can significantly affect Thanos here.

Superman, fighting to the best of his ability, can view time slowed and Thanos moving in slow motion (just like flash and quicksilver can). So this fight will be easy for him.

So let's not ignore the irrefutable logic because you don't like Superman being able to beat Thanos.

Insane Titan
Superman can't effect Thanos more than PG Thor did. Plus Superman doesn't have the gem backing his damage soak/durability etc.

Prof. T.C McAbe
So I proved that ALL high Heralds can affect Thanos with blunt force. Superman is significantly stronger than any high Herald that physically affected Thanos and thus he can significantly affect Thanos here.

Superman, fighting to the best of his ability, can view time slowed and Thanos moving in slow motion (just like flash and quicksilver can). So this fight will be easy for him.

So let's not ignore the irrefutable logic because you don't like Superman being able to beat Thanos.

thumb up

h1a8
Superman can't effect Thanos more than PG Thor did. Plus Superman doesn't have the gem backing his damage soak/durability etc. By feats Superman is far stronger than Thor. PG Thor never showed more than 2x the strength of his normal self. He simply wasn't drawing from the gem effectively. So Superman is still stronger than PG Thor. Plus Superman has speed and reflexes to avoid being hit more times than PG Thor can. .

Odekahn
best to their abilities implies what they have actually shown in comics when they are fighting to their best ability and not things they haven't actually shown.

Much like when Superman unleashed on Manchester Black to prove a point. That's the mindset I think of when discussing a forum fight.

Insane Titan
By feats Superman is far stronger than Thor. PG Thor never showed more than 2x the strength of his normal self. He simply wasn't drawing from the gem effectively. So Superman is still stronger than PG Thor. Plus Superman has speed and reflexes to avoid being hit more times than PG Thor can. . More nonsense. By fears Superman and Thor are pretty much equals in striking fears.

READ the phucking comic for once , PG Thors fears alone prove he was more than 2x stronger than normal. Again you have FAILED to prove the only 2x stronger myth.

The comic itself states Thor was getting stronger by the MINUTE. On panel facts destroy your baseless troll argument.

iceman24567
By feats Superman is far stronger than Thor. PG Thor never showed more than 2x the strength of his normal self. He simply wasn't drawing from the gem effectively. So Superman is still stronger than PG Thor. Plus Superman has speed and reflexes to avoid being hit more times than PG Thor can. . Nope you are wrong

Henry_Pym
Why don't u put him on ignored? Then I wouldn't have to read his crazy ramblings

iceman24567
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Why don't u put him on ignored? Then I wouldn't have to read his crazy ramblings h1 isn't a he or she but an it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
<insert scan of the mighty Namor bloodying Thanos>

That punch would've taken Superpussy's head clear off.

h1a8
More nonsense. By fears Superman and Thor are pretty much equals in striking fears.

READ the phucking comic for once , PG Thors fears alone prove he was more than 2x stronger than normal. Again you have FAILED to prove the only 2x stronger myth.

The comic itself states Thor was getting stronger by the MINUTE. On panel facts destroy your baseless troll argument. you need to Reread blood and thunder. Thor before the gem was pretty much hitting with almost the same force as he was after the gem. PG Thor did hit a little harder though. But not more than 2x as hard. Also I can find showings where normal Thor hit harder than PG Thor.

For you to assume Superman and Thor's feats are nearly equals is a lack of science knowledge. Superman's feats took at least thousands of times more force than Thors. Superman doesn't kill so his hitting a random villain is not a reflection of his true strength. Superman, when letting loose, has one shot trans level beings only with pure physical strikes.

zeel
By feats Superman is far stronger than Thor. PG Thor never showed more than 2x the strength of his normal self. He simply wasn't drawing from the gem effectively. So Superman is still stronger than PG Thor. Plus Superman has speed and reflexes to avoid being hit more times than PG Thor can. .

I used to like listening to this guy but Some of the shit that you post is just verbal garbage stop with the speed blitz shit man.

And stop with the thor hit 2X's harder crap. I remember the days when you said supes being 1000 times stronger geesh

h1a8
Originally posted by zeel
I used to like listening to this guy but Some of the shit that you post is just verbal garbage stop with the speed blitz shit man.

And stop with the thor hit 2X's harder crap. I remember the days when you said supes being 1000 times stronger geesh no one mentioned speed blitz in the whole thread. I didn't. My argument is that Superman's reflexes allows him to view much slower things in slow motion. If that's garbage to you then you shouldn't be debating at all.

You can't randomly say two beings are roughly equal in strength because you want it to be so. You have to prove it. If one being has exerted higher forces than another then he is stronger "by feats". This is common sense.
I used to say that going by feats then Superman has exerted more than a million times more force than Thor. For now, it's more than a hundred times more.

It's nothing wrong with that since characters fight against and do ok against characters tens to hundreds of times stronger than them a lot in comics. Just look at Thing vs. Hulk or Colossus vs Hulk. Doesn't mean that Hulk isn't tens to hundreds of times stronger than either.

If I spout nonsense then it is extremely easy to prove me wrong.

Insane Titan
you need to Reread blood and thunder. Thor before the gem was pretty much hitting with almost the same force as he was after the gem. PG Thor did hit a little harder though. But not more than 2x as hard. Also I can find showings where normal Thor hit harder than PG Thor.

For you to assume Superman and Thor's feats are nearly equals is a lack of science knowledge. Superman's feats took at least thousands of times more force than Thors. Superman doesn't kill so his hitting a random villain is not a reflection of his true strength. Superman, when letting loose, has one shot trans level beings only with pure physical strikes. Stop with the troll nonsense. I want to see actual proof backing up this "official" only 2x stronger bs you always claim.

Adam Grimes
Drax bringing Thanos to his knees with the revenger's Thor mjolnir comes to mind.

H1 is right guys. thumb up!!!!!

Genii96
Why would supes see thanos as slow?,surfer didn't see him as slow,and why do you think thanos is slow in the first place?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Genii96
Why would supes see thanos as slow?,surfer didn't see him as slow,and why do you think thanos is slow in the first place? Shit logic and refusal to care about any opinion not their own typical h1 ranting

Blue Area Vet
no one mentioned speed blitz in the whole thread. I didn't. My argument is that Superman's reflexes allows him to view much slower things in slow motion. If that's garbage to you then you shouldn't be debating at all.

You can't randomly say two beings are roughly equal in strength because you want it to be so. You have to prove it. If one being has exerted higher forces than another then he is stronger "by feats". This is common sense.
I used to say that going by feats then Superman has exerted more than a million times more force than Thor. For now, it's more than a hundred times more.

It's nothing wrong with that since characters fight against and do ok against characters tens to hundreds of times stronger than them a lot in comics. Just look at Thing vs. Hulk or Colossus vs Hulk. Doesn't mean that Hulk isn't tens to hundreds of times stronger than either.

If I spout nonsense then it is extremely easy to prove me wrong.

laughing Damn, you are a lost cause.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos beats 2 superman either DCNU or Pre reboot pretty convincingly. After that it gets trickier

carver9
Why would supes see thanos as slow?,surfer didn't see him as slow,and why do you think thanos is slow in the first place?

Because Superman and Flash ate a dinner at super speed and the humans didn't react.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why did you ignore my PM carTer?

Surtur
Best of their abilities doesn't mean how h1 wants them to

You are right it means they fight..to the best of their abilities. So now a simple question: Is high end super speed one of Superman's powers, yes or no?

Lack of serious speed feats, for one thing.

Originally posted by carver9
Because Superman and Flash ate a dinner at super speed and the humans didn't react.

Yep and there are other times Supes does stuff like this. One time inside the Daily Planet when it was full of people he went and did something at superspeed, but appeared to everyone in the room as if he had not moved at all. I say he did "something" at super speed because I forget the specific thing, but it was like typing on a typewriter or doing some kind of job in the planet quickly.

iceman24567
Pfft as if Thanos hasn't dealt with superspeed if his reflexes aren't enough his shields and aoe attacks make up for it. If Thanos is restrictioned to his physicality I can see 1 Superman beating him anything else is Thanos' fight to lose.

ghostman

superman has better combat reflexes and perception. surfer is like usain bolt and superman is like bruce lee. he has the speed feats to back it up

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Why did you ignore my PM carTer?

Didn't get it. What did it say?

carver9
Originally posted by Surtur
You are right it means they fight..to the best of their abilities. So now a simple question: Is high end super speed one of Superman's powers, yes or no?

Lack of serious speed feats, for one thing.

Yep and there are other times Supes does stuff like this. One time inside the Daily Planet when it was full of people he went and did something at superspeed, but appeared to everyone in the room as if he had not moved at all. I say he did "something" at super speed because I forget the specific thing, but it was like typing on a typewriter or doing some kind of job in the planet quickly.

Key word, humans.

Surtur
Pfft as if Thanos hasn't dealt with superspeed

I'm struggling to recall any serious feats. He certainly has fought and defeated beings who have super speed as a power, but as was just pointed out with Superman..people with super speed don't always use it and that goes triple for people who have other high end powers besides speed.

Well yes this is true. Just like Silver Surfer has better reflexes then Thanos, but it didn't mean a damn thing because he just can't hurt him.

h1a8
Why would supes see thanos as slow?,surfer didn't see him as slow,and why do you think thanos is slow in the first place? There are a bazillion levels of super speed, all faster than humans. Bullets are invisible to humans yet orbital speeds is many times faster. Light is many times faster than even that.
Thanos has super speed (faster than a human) but more on a low level. I would say Spidey is faster than Thanos. Probably Gamora is too.

h1a8
Pfft as if Thanos hasn't dealt with superspeed if his reflexes aren't enough his shields and aoe attacks make up for it. If Thanos is restrictioned to his physicality I can see 1 Superman beating him anything else is Thanos' fight to lose. His shields can be crumbled after sufficient powerful attacks. Thanos can't attack while shields are up. He will drop them to attack. That's when he will be open. Can Thanos aoe attacks even harm Superman? Aoe attacks are weaker than straight blasts since in straight blasts all the power is concentrated in one beam vs. Spread out and diluted in aoe attacks.
Plus Superman has the ability to vibrate through energy attacks whenever he wants.

iceman24567
His shields can be crumbled after sufficient powerful attacks. Thanos can't attack while shields are up. He will drop them to attack. That's when he will be open. Can Thanos aoe attacks even harm Superman? Aoe attacks are weaker than straight blasts since in straight blasts all the power is concentrated in one beam vs. Spread out and diluted in aoe attacks.
Plus Superman has the ability to vibrate through energy attacks whenever he wants. Yeah whatever. 1 Superman isn't enough to beat Thanos pre or post boot unless Thanos is gimped. I would say 3 Supermen would be enough to get a solid majority against a non gimped Thanos

h1a8
Yeah whatever. 1 Superman isn't enough to beat Thanos pre or post boot unless Thanos is gimped. I would say 3 Supermen would be enough to get a solid majority against a non gimped Thanos In comics you may have a case but in a forum characters fight to the best of their abilities. Superman's speed and reflexes will be a factor, as well as his formidable power.

iceman24567
In comics you may have a case but in a forum characters fight to the best of their abilities. Superman's speed and reflexes will be a factor, as well as his formidable power. Yeah you already said that stop trying to force your way of thinking on to others I stand by my position get over it and ignored.

h1a8
Yeah you already said that stop trying to force your way of thinking on to others I stand by my position get over it and ignored. You mean the correct way of thinking. Having super reflexes and speed is functionally equivalent to perceiving time in slow motion. If you disagree then either you are in denial or don't understand basic common sense. It's too great of a power and MUST be ignored at times for the sake of the plot. Time manipulation is a *****.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Ionceknewu
what are your thoughts on durability? Thanos is more durable imo even without shields

h1a8
Not against blunt force he's not more durable. I'll give him the durability edge against energy attacks though.

big juggy man
I know feats goes far in here but logic would dictate basic Superman would slaughter Thanos. You may say well Thanos beat guys who around Superman's level. Well in a logical forum this wouldn't happen. Thanos can't move a light speed. So he should never be able to land a hand on Superman.

No matter how durable Thanos is 1000s of Superman level punches moving at light speed should destroy him.

But how Marvel has build up Thanos over the years for some reason he would win in a comic book setting.

iceman24567
Yes feats dictate how the battle would play out here and it's always been like that it's how tournaments are won. So going by feats Thanos beats Superman in a forum setting not hard to understand. This is why Flash doesn't win every thread he is in because speed only goes so far based on feats take it or leave we.

Prof. T.C McAbe
The Problem is that people think Superman would be as effective against Thanos as a jobbing Surfer and forget that Superman can be as effective against foes above Thanos, like Darkseid for example. In a JLA book i could see Thanos having the edge over Supes before he goes down. In a Superman book, where the stakes are higher, Superman would beat him 10/10.

iceman24567
In a Jla book I can see Thanos edging out a win against Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash and a Green Lantern (Batman would be too much). In a Superman book I could see Thanos stomping Superman in the first encounter then barely losing in the second.

ODG
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
The Problem is that people think Superman would be as effective against Thanos as a jobbing Surfer and forget that Superman can be as effective against foes above Thanos, like Darkseid for example. In a JLA book i could see Thanos having the edge over Supes before he goes down. In a Superman book, where the stakes are higher, Superman would beat him 10/10. Thor has defeated foes more powerful than Thanos and is consistently outmatched by Thanos. Ignorance? Hypocrisy? Probably a combination of both.

And Thanos > Darkseid, barring the odd "true form" appearance which Superman hasn't even dealt with 1on1.

h1a8
Feats say Superman wins. Feats give Superman his speed, his reflexes, his strength, etc. Superman seeing Thanos in slow motion will make this a tough fight for Thanos.

iceman24567
Originally posted by ODG
Thor has defeated foes more powerful than Thanos and is consistently outmatched by Thanos. Ignorance? Hypocrisy? Probably a combination of both.

And Thanos > Darkseid, barring the odd "true form" appearance which Superman hasn't even dealt with 1on1. thumb up Thanos is above both Darkseid and Superman

Prof. T.C McAbe
Feats say Superman wins. Feats give Superman his speed, his reflexes, his strength, etc. Superman seeing Thanos in slow motion will make this a tough fight for Thanos.

thumb up By feats Superman is stronger, faster, the better fighter, has the better combat showing etc.

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
Thor has defeated foes more powerful than Thanos and is consistently outmatched by Thanos. Ignorance? Hypocrisy? Probably a combination of both.

And Thanos > Darkseid, barring the odd "true form" appearance which Superman hasn't even dealt with 1on1.

thumb up

Genii96
Thanos would shit on superman

Genii96
Next they will be sayin supes beats galactus because galan dosent use super speed

Prof. T.C McAbe
Thanos would shit his pants

FIFY^^

h1a8
Thanos would shit on superman only if Superman laid on the ground and watched Thanos squat over him in slow motion shit on him. The turd falls so slowly.

Seriously, Superman would have to be fighting without his Insane fast reflexes and ability to perceive time slowed in order for Thanos to have a chance.

iceman24567
Thanos would shit on superman Yup Thanos is several tiers above Superman. It would be almost as bad as Zues vs Hulk

h1a8
I disagree. Superman is stronger and faster than Thanos. Hulk wasn't stronger than Zeus. High Heralds wouldn't beat the shit outta someone several tiers above Superman. And tiers don't always determine who wins a fight.

Diesldude
Yup Thanos is several tiers above Superman. It would be almost as bad as Zues vs Hulk

I'd agree if we use the current one that lost his powers.

BeyonderGod
Depends on the superman version.

Genii96
only if Superman laid on the ground and watched Thanos squat over him in slow motion shit on him. The turd falls so slowly.

Seriously, Superman would have to be fighting without his Insane fast reflexes and ability to perceive time slowed in order for Thanos to have a chance.

Uh-huh,thanos shat on surfer,a being who is faster than superman,and whose reflexes added on to his cosmic awareness outstrip superman's,thanos has reflexes high enough to stomp speedsters. Supes is shit to thanos,just like the entire avengers were. Superman seeing thanos in slow motion,is one of the most absurd thibgs I've ever heard. Thanos vs supes would be almost as bad as zeus vs hulk

And when did a high herald beat the shit out of thanos?,in a dream?

Thanos is trans tier,far above a simple herald tier

h1a8
Uh-huh,thanos shat on surfer,a being who is faster than superman,and whose reflexes added on to his cosmic awareness outstrip superman's,thanos has reflexes high enough to stomp speedsters. Supes is shit to thanos,just like the entire avengers were. Superman seeing thanos in slow motion,is one of the most absurd thibgs I've ever heard. Thanos vs supes would be almost as bad as zeus vs hulk

And when did a high herald beat the shit out of thanos?,in a dream?

Thanos is trans tier,far above a simple herald tier characters aren't always written with their top speed or reflexes. The story dictates what powers a character will use at a given time. A slow being hitting Superman or Surfer in a comic doesn't prove that they are faster than light. You should know this. Thanos hitting beings in comics that possess faster than light speed is only relevant if that being was actually moving light speed or faster when Thanos hit them.

Thanos isn't a true speedster. He's faster than a human but has only low level speed (less than Spider-Man and quicksilver). Superman is a high end speedster with reflexes to match. Superman sees bullets in still motion. If Thanos moves bullet speed or a little faster then Superman would still see him in slow motion.

Do you believe that Thanos can move almost as fast as Superman? I ask this because you say it's absurd that Superman would see him in slow motion.

Surtur
Originally posted by ODG

So we just ignore Thor carries around a plot device magic hammer made by his daddy? That he at times wears various magical items that amp his stats, like his belt of strength? Okie dokie, but that sounds suspiciously like ignorance to me.

ODG
So we just ignore Thor carries around a plot device magic hammer made by his daddy? That he at times wears various magical items that amp his stats, like his belt of strength? Okie dokie, but that sounds suspiciously like ignorance to me. If you have a point you'd like to make, you should consider not hiding it behind yammering inanity.

Surtur
I would of thought it would be obvious...since you were comparing someone to Thor who lacks the whole plot device magical hammer thing.

You know...the hammer that allows Thor to hang with beings way out of his weight class? That hammer. If you gave Superman the magic hammer then okie doke, I'd say he could defeat the characters Thor has.

Of course Thor with the power gem merely was able to give Thanos a bloody nose, so I'm not sure I'd place Thanos on that list either way.

iceman24567
I would of thought it would be obvious...since you were comparing someone to Thor who lacks the whole plot device magical hammer thing.

You know...the hammer that allows Thor to hang with beings WAY out of his weight class? That hammer. Yeah instead he has the plot device S shield

Surtur
Yeah instead he has the plot device S shield

The point was Thor doesn't just rely on his own powers. So no, you wouldn't be able to say Superman could defeat anyone Thor can.

Of course if Thor has beaten Thanos in the past he has also managed to do all of give him a bloody nose despite having the power gem.

iceman24567
The point was Thor doesn't just rely on his own powers. So no, you wouldn't be able to say Superman could defeat anyone Thor can.

Of course if Thor has beaten Thanos in the past he has also managed to do all of give him a bloody nose despite having the power gem. Superman could defeat everyone Thor has at the same time before you can fart the national athem

Surtur
Superman could defeat everyone Thor has at the same time before you can fart the national athem

When you say things like this you make all Superman fans look bad. It's almost like you feel Superman would beat the shit out of anyone who isn't cosmic level.

h1a8
If Superman used his speed and reflexes then the fight wouldn't be too difficult for him. He could out speed and out maneuver Thanos in a lot of situations. He has the power to ko Thanos, etc.

iceman24567
When you say things like this you make all Superman fans look bad. It's almost like you feel Superman would beat the shit out of anyone who isn't cosmic level. Everybody not named Doom thumb up. As for this thread a couple Supermen would be needed to beat Thanos

Surtur
If Superman used his speed and reflexes then the fight wouldn't be too difficult for him. He could out speed and out maneuver Thanos in a lot of situations. He has the power to ko Thanos, etc.

Thanos survived a singularity strong enough to pull in everything around it in a radius of 2 lightyears. It's really not going to be as easy to put him down as you think.

Genii96
characters aren't always written with their top speed or reflexes. The story dictates what powers a character will use at a given time. A slow being hitting Superman or Surfer in a comic doesn't prove that they are faster than light. You should know this. Thanos hitting beings in comics that possess faster than light speed is only relevant if that being was actually moving light speed or faster when Thanos hit them.

Thanos isn't a true speedster. He's faster than a human but has only low level speed (less than Spider-Man and quicksilver). Superman is a high end speedster with reflexes to match. Superman sees bullets in still motion. If Thanos moves bullet speed or a little faster then Superman would still see him in slow motion.

Do you believe that Thanos can move almost as fast as Superman? I ask this because you say it's absurd that Superman would see him in slow motion.

So on other words,the only reason you say supes sees him in slow motion, is because you believe so?. Is Silver surfer,dosent see thanos as slow,and can't even react to his blows,if thanos has tagged super fast beings and abstracts and reacted to them as well,forgive me for this language...BUT WHAT THE **** MAKES YOU THINK SUPES WILL BLITZ HIM?. It dosent matter if thanos can't run as fast or fly as fast,its his combat speed and reflexes that matter,and those shit on superman. And superman isn't stronger than thanos.

LordofBrooklyn
It dosent matter if thanos can't run as fast or fly as fast,its his combat speed and reflexes that matter,and those shit on superman. And superman isn't stronger than thanos.

This is absolute heresy!

Superman IS stronger than Thanos.

Superman IS faster than Thanos in combat.

Superman IS Stronger than Thanos.

I challenge you or any other Thanosi to go feat for feat and prove otherwise.

LordofBrooklyn
Strength

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111117347/3847864-3173677-1421025896-27629.png

Thanosi's feel free to respond with a comprable and/or superior feat of strength.

iceman24567
Striking power is more important than strength in a fight erm. Thanos beats at the very least 2 Supermen if not gimped

h1a8
So on other words,the only reason you say supes sees him in slow motion, is because you believe so?. Is Silver surfer,dosent see thanos as slow,and can't even react to his blows,if thanos has tagged super fast beings and abstracts and reacted to them as well,forgive me for this language...BUT WHAT THE **** MAKES YOU THINK SUPES WILL BLITZ HIM?. It dosent matter if thanos can't run as fast or fly as fast,its his combat speed and reflexes that matter,and those shit on superman. And superman isn't stronger than thanos.

So you basically ignored my post. I'll repeat. Characters in comics don't always use their speed or reflexes. So tagging them doesn't prove your speed.

And you are trolling me. Please stop. I told you I'm not talking about Superman blitzing Thanos at all but him seeing Thanos in slow motion. These are two different things.

Superman is stronger because he has the greater strength feats. This includes striking and lifting.

And lastly, do you think Thanos can move his limbs close to Superman level speeds?

Thanos survived a singularity strong enough to pull in everything around it in a radius of 2 lightyears. It's really not going to be as easy to put him down as you think. artificial singularity. Thanos never touched the singularity but was caught in the event horizon. I can also argue the same for Superman. He was in a double black hole without any injuries. He held a black hole without any damage.

Thanos was damaged by the artificial black hole.

h1a8
Striking power is more important than strength in a fight erm. Thanos beats at the very least 2 Supermen if not gimped Lifting power plus speed equals striking power. A punch is really a push. Superman has the strength behind the punch as well as the speed to create devastating kinetic energy.

Sixth_Winged
right now, it will take a thousand dcnu supermen given how he is depowered atm.

tkitna
See, threads like this kill me. The people that keep saying Superman is stronger and posting scans of Superman holding, lifting, or pressing certain weights are laughable. No, people cant post scans of Thanos doing comparable things, because Marvel hasent written Thanos in such situations. All the Thanos supporters have to go off of is how often he beats Superman level characters and that's practically every appearance.

Not sure why its so hard to understand for some people.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by tkitna
See, threads like this kill me. The people that keep saying Superman is stronger and posting scans of Superman holding, lifting, or pressing certain weights are laughable. No, people cant post scans of Thanos doing comparable things, because Marvel hasent written Thanos in such situations. All the Thanos supporters have to go off of is how often he beats Superman level characters and that's practically every appearance.

Not sure why its so hard to understand for some people.

The fault doesn't lie with Superman fans citing canon involving the character's strength. The blame should be placed on Thanos supporters making the assertion that the Mad Titan is stronger than Superman.

Thanos doesn't rely on brute strength to overwhelm opponents. Given this fact why would it be reasonable to presume that he is stronger than Superman without the feats to back it up?

If you believe my argument to be false, show me Thanos using strength solely to defeat Superman level characters.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The fault doesn't lie with Superman fans citing canon involving the character's strength. The blame should be placed on Thanos supporters making the assertion that the Mad Titan is stronger than Superman.

Thanos doesn't rely on brute strength to overwhelm opponents. Given this fact why would it be reasonable to presume that he is stronger than Superman without the feats to back it up?

If you believe my argument to be false, show me Thanos using strength solely to defeat Superman level characters.

Wow you actually a good debater when you arn't trolling for attention.thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Wow you actually a good debater when you arn't trolling for attention.thumb up

The BEST debater is what you meant to say!

thumb up

Time-Immemorial
The BEST debater is what you meant to say!

thumb up

laughing out loud

If I see more posts like that, I would be forced to agree!

Surtur

artificial singularity. Thanos never touched the singularity but was caught in the event horizon. I can also argue the same for Superman. He was in a double black hole without any injuries. He held a black hole without any damage.

Thanos was damaged by the artificial black hole.

Yes and this artificial black hole was pulling in everything from within 2 lightyears. We don't normally see such strength in a black hole in fiction, artificial or not.

abhilegend
Yes and this artificial black hole was pulling in everything from within 2 lightyears. We don't normally see such strength in a black hole in fiction, artificial or not.
Superman no sold black hole at the end of creation which pulled entire multiverse in it.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
laughing out loud
Chafes your ass? Or you're just going to excuse it away?

carver9
NA

abhilegend
What? Somehow Final Crisis is non canon all of a sudden?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend
What? Somehow Final Crisis is non canon all of a sudden?

Question. Assuming you are telling the truth, which I don't assume, would that be considered an average showing or a hiiiiigh showing?

tkitna

So your asking me to provide a scan of Thanos just physically beating a foe on par of Superman, or are you asking for a scan of Thanos showing superior strength? Two different things completely.

Blue Area Vet
So your asking me to provide a scan of Thanos just physically beating a foe on par of Superman, or are you asking for a scan of Thanos showing superior strength? Two different things completely.

Such a loaded question. So if Thanos uses one cosmic energy attack in a given battle, it doesn't count.

h1a8

Not sure why its so hard to understand for some people. Thanos never physically beat a Superman level character in physicality. Superman is physically superior to any character Thanos has beat physically. .

iceman24567

Not sure why its so hard to understand for some people. Not only that but he matched then overpowered Annihlus after he stomped the shit out of Gladiator which proves hes several tiers above Superman

h1a8
Yes and this artificial black hole was pulling in everything from within 2 lightyears. We don't normally see such strength in a black hole in fiction, artificial or not. all black holes pull everything. The event horizon of a large black hole is less devastating than one of a small black hole. In a large one, a normal ship can survive for awhile. In a small one, things get destroyed instantly.

Anyway Superman also has black hole feats. Using your logic Thanos wouldn't be able to harm him much either. Superman actually touched the singularity (which is stupid as hell). There is infinite force on the singularity.

Surtur
I know black holes pull everything, but not for 2 lightyears. I know pre DCnU Superman once escaped the pull of an artificial black hole, but not easily..and this thing wasn't drawing everything in within 2 lightyears. Not all black holes are the same, at least when it comes to fiction.

So if you are doing the "using my logic" thing, this just means they can't physically hurt each other. Which means Thanos stomps, hard. Thanos has other options, Supes has no way to achieve victory aside from using some kind of physical force, whether it be punches or heat vision or whatever.

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Question. Assuming you are telling the truth, which I don't assume, would that be considered an average showing or a hiiiiigh showing?

I think you are wasting your time. He more or less just said Superman has multiversal durability. Or at the very least, universal. You'd have to be if you are surviving a black hole that can pull in the entire multiverse.

It's really one of those things that is impossible to really argue with.

It illustrates perfectly the difference between both sides. Thanos is known for his durability(not that Superman isn't known for being tough too), he has a variety of feats as such. Not just the singularity, and not even just things like "get outright reality warped and come back from it" and other things. So people post things for Thanos that are not vastly outside the realms of his normal capabilities. The Superman fans post feats they know damn well don't represent even a high end Superman. There is high end Superman and then there is Fanboy's wet dream Superman. They will then take preventative measures to protect the claim by saying "what this doesn't count?" because they know that is exactly the response they'd get, and so when they get the response they predicted they take that as "ha, I was right about this and thus about everything".

I'd love it if he was consistently that strong or tough, but the reality is..he's not.

One-Punch
h1 forgets the fact that the black hole pulled everything within 2 light years instantly. Key word being instantly. Blacks Holes can't do that unless they're super duper massive.

ODG
I would of thought it would be obvious... It was obvious. Just not well thought out if you actually consider the characters in full. An explanation follows: Originally posted by Surtur
since you were comparing someone to Thor who lacks the whole plot device magical hammer thing. So Thor's history of using Mjolnir's out-of-left field plot device powers and things like Belt of Strength make it unfair to compare against Superman's history. Superman's history. Superman.

The character who conveniently learns T-Vo to exploit a loophole of Dominus', randomly supervibrates phantom planets, bizarrely sings a supernote to nullify Darkseid's spirit, spontaneously emits a solarflare to defeat Ulysses, wields Phantom Zone projectors, sundips into the Sun, hops into evolving hyperstory thought robots, utilizes random Kryptonian plot device inventions, etc.

I mean, are we forgetting he spent like.. a year developing new superpowers by the minute when he went all electric nitebrite Superman Blue?

There are memes dedicated to Superman's plot deviceness. I suspect you forgot to take that into consideration. But it has been a part of his character for a very long time:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/04/supermans-15-weirdest-superpowers

ODG
^ That being said: Originally posted by Surtur
I know black holes pull everything, but not for 2 lightyears. I know pre DCnU Superman once escaped the pull of an artificial black hole, but not easily..and this thing wasn't drawing everything in within 2 lightyears. Not all black holes are the same, at least when it comes to fiction.

So if you are doing the "using my logic" thing, this just means they can't physically hurt each other. Which means Thanos stomps, hard. Thanos has other options, Supes has no way to achieve victory aside from using some kind of physical force, whether it be punches or heat vision or whatever.

I think you are wasting your time. He more or less just said Superman has multiversal durability. Or at the very least, universal. You'd have to be if you are surviving a black hole that can pull in the entire multiverse.

It illustrates perfectly the difference between both sides. Thanos is known for his durability(not that Superman isn't known for being tough too), he has a variety of feats as such. Not just the singularity, and not even just things like "get outright reality warped and come back from it" and other things. So people post things for Thanos that are not vastly outside the realms of his normal capabilities. The Superman fans post feats they know damn well don't represent even a high end Superman. There is high end Superman and then there is Fanboy's wet dream Superman. They will then take preventative measures to protect the claim by saying "what this doesn't count?" because they know that is exactly the response they'd get, and so when they get the response they predicted they take that as "ha, I was right about this and thus about everything".

I'd love it if he was consistently that strong or tough, but the reality is..he's not. http://i.imgur.com/TMQOSpZ.gif

eaebiakuya
No one will take a shot ?

I will try:

I think Thanos can beat 5 DCNU Superman. But will not be a easy fight.

10 Supermans should beat Thanos...unless he use some of omnidirecional blast who could kill all of then, exploding the planet and more, like the solar system.

abhilegend
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
No one will take a shot ?

I will try:

I think Thanos can beat 5 DCNU Superman. But will not be a easy fight.

10 Supermans should beat Thanos...unless he use some of omnidirecional blast who could kill all of then, exploding the planet and more, like the solar system.
crylaughOriginally posted by Blue Area Vet
Do I look like I give a flying **** about what you assume?

And does it matter? Because you're just going to ignore it anyway. Originally posted by Surtur

I'd love it if he was consistently that strong or tough, but the reality is..he's not.
So, it doesn't count because it shits on Thanos feat, that's what I got.

Typical.

LordofBrooklyn

The assertion was that Thanos is stronger than Superman, Therfore the only point would be to show the Mad Titan displaying superior strength.

To open the conversation to all points though feel free to show scans of both.

One-Punch
Hey abhi wasn't Batman in that "multiversal" singularity?

LordofBrooklyn
Not only that but he matched then overpowered Annihlus after he stomped the shit out of Gladiator which proves hes several tiers above Superman

It absolutely proves no such thing.

Kallark is no Superman and the canon proves it.

h1a8
Originally posted by One-Punch
Hey abhi wasn't Batman in that "multiversal" singularity? wasn't Hulks pants in most of his feats? Those pants are tougher than adamantium.

abhilegend
No. The universe was miniaturized long before the creation was pulled into that black hole.

tkitna
Thanos never physically beat a Superman level character in physicality. Superman is physically superior to any character Thanos has beat physically. .

Here lies the problem with debates like these. Some people perceive Superman as being so superior to similar characters in Marvel that responding to them is pointless. Sure I would give Clark a win over Gladiator, but it certainly isn't a shitstomp. Clarks coming out of that bloodied and bruised, but victorious nonetheless. Thanos fighting Gladiator is a shitstomp. There's the difference.

I don't know, when people pick Thanos to win (which he would) and they use examples of him beating the likes of Thor, Surfer, Hulk, Gladiator, etc,,,it doesn't register to the Superman camp because they feel he is a tier above the characters I just listed and he's not. Its fruitless, so why bother?

carver9

thumb up

I also think Galan debunked that showing. I will PM him and ask him if he remembers what he said during that scene.

Blue Area Vet
It absolutely proves no such thing.

LMAO, what?? When did Superman beat Gladiator?

Blue Area Vet
Here lies the problem with debates like these. Some people perceive Superman as being so superior to similar characters in Marvel that responding to them is pointless. Sure I would give Clark a win over Gladiator, but it certainly isn't a shitstomp. Clarks coming out of that bloodied and bruised, but victorious nonetheless. Thanos fighting Gladiator is a shitstomp. There's the difference.

I don't know, when people pick Thanos to win (which he would) and they use examples of him beating the likes of Thor, Surfer, Hulk, Gladiator, etc,,,it doesn't register to the Superman camp because they feel he is a tier above the characters I just listed and he's not. Its fruitless, so why bother?

Let me ask another question then. If those guys are so confident that Superman is >>>> Marvel peers, why do they constantly engage in debate witht those that feels differently?

carver9
No. The universe was miniaturized long before the creation was pulled into that black hole.

Sigh...it drives me insane reading posts like this. Especially WHEN YOU HAVE People like H1 lurking to use something that's not legit. Anyways.

http://i.imgur.com/xyqwbfm.jpg

abhilegend
thumb up

I also think Galan debunked that showing. I will PM him and ask him if he remembers what he said during that scene.
Hahaha.

Shut up. Originally posted by carver9
Sigh...it drives me insane reading posts like this. Especially WHEN YOU HAVE People like H1 lurking to use something that's not legit. Anyways.

http://i.imgur.com/xyqwbfm.jpg
Shut the **** up. Alright? If you have nothing to add and just blindly lowball anything without anything from you but reading scans from other posters.

Prove it's not legit or shut up. Simple as that.

celeyhyga17
Come again...

tkitna
Let me ask another question then. If those guys are so confident that Superman is >>>> Marvel peers, why do they constantly engage in debate witht those that feels differently?

I don't know. Maybe to try and convince people otherwise which never works. I guess I'm guilty in the same way as I can never see Superman ever beating Thanos whether it being purely a physical fight or using the extent of their other powers. Oh well.

h1a8
I don't know. Maybe to try and convince people otherwise which never works. I guess I'm guilty in the same way as I can never see Superman ever beating Thanos whether it being purely a physical fight or using the extent of their other powers. Oh well. That's cause you believe that Superman and is marvel peers are physical equals when they are not. The only reason they are peers to Superman is because of their versatility. Superman has speed and strengh on his side. Thanos and Superman peers has everything else.

Blue Area Vet
Superman has both super speed and super fast reflexes. These are two different powers. It was shown on panel multiple times that Superman can view things frozen in time or in super slow motion. His super reflexes gives him that ability. Comics sometimes ignore that ability by Superman. Good thing this is a forum fight where characters fight to the best of their abilities.

Comics ignore this "ability" about 99% if the time. If not, stories would fit on one panel. Please stop this nonsense and debate with some integrity.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Come again...
Superman shrunk everybody.

Blue Area Vet
That's cause you believe that Superman and is marvel peers are physical equals when they are not. The only reason they are peers to Superman is because of their versatility. Superman has speed and strengh on his side. Thanos and Superman peers has everything else.

So why did Superman say "weak" Thor was his toughest opponent and why did Thor say he had his measure? Why did he he take three days to beat Hulk? Why could he not believe the power of Mjolnir? Why did Surfer destroy Kyle and Orion?

I bring this up only to show that the damn WRITERS in both universes see the top tiers as peers. You are simply wrong in your stance that Superman is so above Marvel top tiers and countless posters have been trying to tell you that.

abhilegend
Three days to beat Hulk?

h1a8
So why did Superman say "weak" Thor was his toughest opponent and why did Thor say he had his measure? Why did he he take three days to beat Hulk? Why could he not believe the power of Mjolnir? Why did Surfer destroy Kyle and Orion?

I bring this up only to show that the damn WRITERS in both universes see the top tiers as peers. You are simply wrong in your stance that Superman is so above Marvel top tiers and countless posters have been trying to tell you that. Avengers vs. Jl is not allowed. But I do understand your point. I'll point out your flaws though.

1. writer's opinions on a character are meaningless SINCE there is more than one writer of a character AND writers have differences of opinion. Also feats trump a writer's opinions.

2. Superman one shot Thor. That's how much that particular writer thinks Superman is physically superior to Thor.

3. Characters have high and low showings and sometimes don't fight to the best of their abilities in a comic. So Just because two characters in a comic fight nearly even doesn't mean they will in a forum. It's possible that one character was being downplayed in order to create a decent fight. For example, Superman has shown multi planetary strength several times over.

tkitna
I'll point out your flaws though.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/laugh.gif

Where do you think feats come from? Writers.

So you want to ignore the feats that you keep harping on. Cool. If you don't ignore them, you only use the high end feats for your argument and screw how a character is portrayed on an average.

LordofBrooklyn
LMAO, what?? When did Superman beat Gladiator?

The "Canon" proves that Superman is superior to Gladiator in every respect.

I think the point of my statement was pretty clear cut.

Stoic
Avengers vs. Jl is not allowed. But I do understand your point. I'll point out your flaws though.

1. writer's opinions on a character are meaningless SINCE there is more than one writer of a character AND writers have differences of opinion. Also feats trump a writer's opinions.

2. Superman one shot Thor. That's how much that particular writer thinks Superman is physically superior to Thor.

3. Characters have high and low showings and sometimes don't fight to the best of their abilities in a comic. So Just because two characters in a comic fight nearly even doesn't mean they will in a forum. It's possible that one character was being downplayed in order to create a decent fight. For example, Superman has shown multi planetary strength several times over.

Superman did not one shot Thor, they had an exchange before Thor was ever kayoed.

Anyone that has trouble with Orion is not taking out Thanos. Superman is not going to defeat Thanos. Maybe 3 of them would, but one on one goes to Thanos.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Superman did not one shot Thor, they had an exchange before Thor was ever kayoed.

Anyone that has trouble with Orion is not taking out Thanos. Superman is not going to defeat Thanos. Maybe 3 of them would, but one on one goes to Thanos. The exchange was after Thor fully recovered. So the count starts over. It's like if a boxer knock someone down (or hits someone with a good shot) and enough time passes where they regain complete consciousness, then everything starts over.

h1a8
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/laugh.gif

Where do you think feats come from? Writers.

So you want to ignore the feats that you keep harping on. Cool. If you don't ignore them, you only use the high end feats for your argument and screw how a character is portrayed on an average. Everyone's average is not the same. Some feats hold more weight than others.

Not every feat come from a writer. I'm referring to feats outside a single writer. If a character has shown capability of doing something multiple times and yet a single writer has a difference of opinion then feats take precedent.

How a character is portrayed on average is not using low showings. That's called low balling. Low showings aren't average showings. If a character is shown not fighting to the best of their ability AS SHOWN BEFORE then why would they fight like that in a forum?

How do we apply Full Capacity if we can't? Your basically saying that it is impossible to apply full capacity because it contradicts averages. Tell me what does full capacity even mean to you.

Stoic
The exchange was after Thor fully recovered. So the count starts over. It's like if a boxer knock someone down (or hits someone with a good shot) and enough time passes where they regain complete consciousness, then everything starts over.

The fight between them did not stop even once, they continued to exchange blows until Thor was kayoed. What are you talking about? Besides if what you say is true (which it isn't) Superman also had time to recover. There was no one shot, so just accept it and move on.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
The fight between them did not stop even once, they continued to exchange blows until Thor was kayoed. What are you talking about? Besides if what you say is true (which it isn't) Superman also had time to recover. There was no one shot, so just accept it and move on. what are you talking about? The fight stopped when Superman got hit back. Thor had fully recovered when he charged Superman. Superman palmed the swing (like Thor was a child) and one shot Thor from his ass. You can downplay it all you want, but the writer believed that Superman is physically superior. And that's the whole point. Why nitpick?

carver9
what are you talking about? The fight stopped when Superman got hit back. Thor had fully recovered when he charged Superman. Superman palmed the swing (like Thor was a child) and one shot Thor from his ass. You can downplay it all you want, but the writer believed that Superman is physically superior. And that's the whole point. Why nitpick?

Superman heat vision Thor the entire way while Thor was charging him and looking at Thor words, the heat vision was hurting him. Get the story right.

Stoic
Superman heat vision Thor the entire way while Thor was charging him and looking at Thor words, the heat vision was hurting him. Get the story right.

Exactly.

Stoic
what are you talking about? The fight stopped when Superman got hit back. Thor had fully recovered when he charged Superman. Superman palmed the swing (like Thor was a child) and one shot Thor from his ass. You can downplay it all you want, but the writer believed that Superman is physically superior. And that's the whole point. Why nitpick?

I'm not low balling. You on the other hand are forgetting crucial details that went on. I believe that Superman is physically superior to Thor, and Superman did not make Thor look like a child, he simply outperformed him. This however is not enough to take down Thanos. Thanos has far more than one gear, and it goes well beyond 11.

Rao Kal El
The easiest way to measure them is to see how Starling portrays both of them.

Starling has a high regard of Superman.

But then again writters have different opinions on characters and just because one writer portrays x character perfirming certain way vs another it is not a golden rule. Every writer has his own take on the characters he is writing.

Imo since starling has a pretty good showings for Superman. Iy would not take more than one superman to win sometimes. 2 superman will be enough to defeat Thanos

Stoic
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
The easiest way to measure them is to see how Starling portrays both of them.

Starling has a high regard of Superman.

But then again writters have different opinions on characters and just because one writer portrays x character perfirming certain way vs another it is not a golden rule. Every writer has his own take on the characters he is writing.

Imo since starling has a pretty good showings for Superman. Iy would not take more than one superman to win sometimes. 2 superman will be enough to defeat Thanos

Hardcore station gave us a pretty decent idea of how Starlin views Superman. Thanos is beyond his level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardcore_Station

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>