Whose Voice Do You Hear?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Digi
I found this video:

PaFNVqctVzk

And it got me thinking...

Whose voice do you hear with various characters?

For some, it's obvious. For example, if you DON'T hear Kevin Conroy when you read Batman, you're doing it wrong. But others are not as obvious.

With Spidey, I hear the first one in that video, from the 90's cartoon, Christopher Daniel Barnes. That will always be Pete's voice to me, though others have done a good job of it too.

Galan007
Michael Ironside=Darkseid.
George Newbern=Superman.
Carl Lumbly=J'onn.
Kevin Conroy=Batman.

Those are the quintessential voices I subconsciously inject into any comics featuring those characters.

-Pr-
Honestly prefer Tim Daly as Superman, but the others, I tend to agree.

Galan007
Don't blame you. Daly was great as well. thumb up

Digi
Joker - Hamill

Agreed with J'onn/Lumbly

Most of my Spidey voices are from the 90's cartoon, but I don't know the actors' names. Same for MJ, Black Cat, etc.

I'd have to think about some of the X-Men, because I'm sometimes torn between the 90's cartoon, the movie series (Patrick Stewart, etc., not the 70s prequel), and the old arcade game with a bunch of ridiculous but awesome voices for characters.

Galan007
Originally posted by Digi
Joker - Hamill Abso-f*cking-lutely. thumb up

Also, whoever voiced Mister Freeze in Batman TAS/Batman Beyond:
pjmEeJiBlhw
(That clip gives me chills *no pun intended*.) thumb up

Anyway, I always revert to that voice when I see Freeze in a comic.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi
Joker - Hamill

Agreed with J'onn/Lumbly

Most of my Spidey voices are from the 90's cartoon, but I don't know the actors' names. Same for MJ, Black Cat, etc.

I'd have to think about some of the X-Men, because I'm sometimes torn between the 90's cartoon, the movie series (Patrick Stewart, etc., not the 70s prequel), and the old arcade game with a bunch of ridiculous but awesome voices for characters.

I think for X-Men, most of my choices would be the TAS versions, the only possible exceptions being McKellan or Stewart.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Galan007

Also, whoever voiced Mister Freeze in Batman TAS/Batman Beyond:

Michael Ansara would be his name.

Mindship
Surfer: not Mr. Fishburn. I still hear the guy who voiced the Surfer in the Galactus episode of the 1960s FF toons. For that matter, I liked all the voices from that era (eg, Gerald Mohr as Reed, Jo Ann Pflug as Sue ... though maybe not so much Ted Lurch as Galactus).

Batman: Conroy
Joker: Hamill
Superman: Daly.
Flash: Rosenbaum
Luthor: Clancy Brown ... oh hell, I pretty much liked all the voices from the Superman, Batman and JLA toons.

And now for something completely different:

Spider-Man: John Cusak (cuz I always picture him -- when he was younger -- as the perfect Parker).

Scoobless
The guy from the Maguire Spider-Man movies that played J Jonah Jameson. Classic JJ

Fillion for GL (obviously not Reynolds)

JayDaDon
Shoutout to whoever voiced Logan in X-men animated series. That voice has GOT to be what everyone hears when they think of Wolverine.

StiltmanFTW
You're thinking of Cathal J. Dodd.

He, Mark Hamill and Steven Blum all did amazing Wolverine voices. Can't say who was the best, they're equal, imo.

JayDaDon
Mark Hamill voiced Logan?!

StiltmanFTW
Yes. In X2: Wolverine's Revenge, the best Wolverine game ever.

Don't get confused by the title, it had nothing to do with the movies. It was based on comics only.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2j67qmu.jpg

One of the cutscenes:

oFlt7RNLDH4

Digi
Originally posted by Scoobless
The guy from the Maguire Spider-Man movies that played J Jonah Jameson. Classic JJ

JK Simmons. And thumb up to that. Dude was amazing as JJ.

Galan007
Don't know how this slipped my mind until now, but Townsend Coleman - The Tick.

A voice cannot possibly suit a character better. thumb up

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yes. In X2: Wolverine's Revenge, the best Wolverine game ever.

Don't get confused by the title, it had nothing to do with the movies. It was based on comics only.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2j67qmu.jpg

One of the cutscenes:

oFlt7RNLDH4 That was an awesome game. I remember I used to sht myself when Wendigo showed up.

As for the voices. Josh Keaton. He's cemented himself as Spidey in my book.

HulkIsHulk
Fred Tatasciore for Hulk

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
That was an awesome game. I remember I used to sht myself when Wendigo showed up.

thumb up

I liked how both Wendy and Juggy were pretty much nigh-invulnerable, like their comic counterparts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.