John Carter of Mars (redux?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
Witness The John Carter Film That Could Have Been

Here's a look at some poof of concept work from Paramount for a proposed John Carter movie that never was.

Bfry_GeXst8

would you be interested in a reboot?

jaden101
Still looks awful. Some books can't be translated because the visualisation of them is either too cheesy or ruins a part of the book that using your imagination enhanced.

With those visuals it looks just as much of and 80s B-movie as the first attempt and clearly it doesn't matter how much money you throw at it as a colossal budget didn't help the last attempt.

Mindset
The first movie was alright.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Mindset
The first movie was alright.

thumb up

The problem was that it wasn't marketed well.
I thought it was a decent movie.

marwash22
Make that 3 votes for the "it was decent" contingent.

Patient_Leech
It could be done well. But the director just hired bad actors with no chemistry and tried to turn John Carter into some anti-hero when he's not supposed to be. And yeah, it was a semi-decent movie if you haven't read the book. He just changed the character too much for my taste and added lame sci-fi cliches that didn't need to be there.

BruceSkywalker
this like the crapshit of a first film goes right into the garbage bin

quanchi112
It was ok but I was still disappointed. That event said I like when these movies succeed because it greenlights more projects.

Q99
Originally posted by marwash22

would you be interested in a reboot?

Certainly! It's an interesting world and different takes would be cool.

I quite liked the movie we got, but I wouldn't mind someone else's attempt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.