Superman vs Martian Manhunter (Twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Body swap scenario. Specifically, Wonder Woman is swapped with Martian Manhunter, and her "Wisdom of Athena" automatically lets her handle MM's power set.

Who wins?

carver9
DCNU?

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
DCNU?

One for pre dcnu, and another for dcnu.

Surtur
J'onn doesn't need any help fighting pre DCnU Superman. So even if Wonder Woman had zero fighting skill and just normal intelligence..she'd be able to use his powers to achieve victory.

In other words she wins, but it tells us more about J'onn's powerset then it does about any specific qualities Wonder Woman may or may not have.

StiltmanFTW
Manjobbing > wisdom of athena

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Manjobbing > wisdom of athena

While this fight is going on, MM in WW's body is getting his arse beat by Harley Quinn. big grin

Surtur
I will note I assumed for the Pre DCnU fight this is J'onn at his peak, which is his Fernus form.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Surtur
J'onn doesn't need any help fighting pre DCnU Superman. So even if Wonder Woman had zero fighting skill and just normal intelligence..she'd be able to use his powers to achieve victory.

In other words she wins, but it tells us more about J'onn's powerset then it does about any specific qualities Wonder Woman may or may not have. Originally posted by Surtur
I will note I assumed for the Pre DCnU fight this is J'onn at his peak, which is his Fernus form.
Not really.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
While this fight is going on, MM in WW's body is getting his arse beat raped in an alley by Harley Quinn 20 black guys. big grin

Fixed it for you. You underestimate the power of manjobbing.

DarkSaint85
MM is the greatest. I have reported all of you. He is my fav character.

Surtur
Originally posted by abhilegend
Not really.

Uh, not really what? Fernus was J'onn at his peak, the form unlocked due to mental strain.

If we go with non Fernus, well..Wonder Woman's super awesome fighting skills won't negate the martian weakness to fire so...doesn't end well then.

Wait though, does Superman know Wonder Woman is in J'onn? If so, then she sneaks up behind him while he is using super hearing and ear bashes him, because logic.

abhilegend
Uh, not really what? Fernus was J'onn at his peak, the form unlocked due to mental strain.

If we go with non Fernus, well..Wonder Woman's super awesome fighting skills won't negate the martian weakness to fire so...doesn't end well then.

Wait though, does Superman know Wonder Woman is in J'onn? If so, then she sneaks up behind him while he is using super hearing and ear bashes him, because logic.
Fernus was a different species, different soul and different body from J'onn. He is as different from J'onn as it can be. Unless J'onn amps from fire and I don't know about it.

And Guardians had literally modified Martian DNA.

Surtur
Uh yeah, and J'onn trying to overcome mental issues *caused him to turn into that*.

Either way it is moot though, since I already said what would happen if this wasn't J'onn operating at his Fernus levels. If he is, he easily wins. If not, heat vision.

abhilegend
Uh yeah, and J'onn trying to overcome mental issues *caused him to turn into that*.

Either way it is moot though, since I already said what would happen if this wasn't J'onn operating at his Fernus levels. If he is, he easily wins. If not, heat vision.
No, it was genetic memory block which triggered Burning Martian DNA in his body which took over him.

Fernus is a different being than J'onn.

Surtur
Yes...and that change came about because his fire wielding girlfriend was trying to help him overcome his fire weakness. You act like he body jumped. Martians are inherent shapeshifters, his mental stress unlocked the abilities the guardians had locked away in all martians. I'm not saying he can turn into Fernus whenever he wants, but his Fernus incarnation is J'onn operating at peak capacity.

As I said, without the Fernus thing Wonder Woman loses.

abhilegend
Yes...and that change came about because his fire wielding girlfriend was trying to help him overcome his fire weakness. You act like he body jumped. Martians are inherent shapeshifters, his mental stress unlocked the abilities the guardians had locked away in all martians. I'm not saying he can turn into Fernus whenever he wants, but his Fernus incarnation is J'onn operating at peak capacity.

As I said, without the Fernus thing Wonder Woman loses.
Which triggered his latent burning Martian DNA to take over his body.

You're acting like J'onn himself became Fernus. No, a different being who is totally different than him took over his body.

As soon as J'onn was separated from Fernus, he became a green Martian again.

No, it is not. J'onn was never Fernus. You should read the comic again.

Surtur
*sigh* I was saying J'onn operating at peak capacity would be his unlocked form. That is him, even if another being controlled his body, it was still his own body. Those abilities still lie within his own DNA.

abhilegend
*sigh* I was saying J'onn operating at peak capacity would be his unlocked form. That is him, even if another being controlled his body, it was still his own body. Those abilities still lie within his own DNA.
J'onn was never a burning Martian. He is a green Martian who fears fire.

Not amps from it. Fernus is a different being, not some super saiyan form of J'onn.

Surtur
Right right of course, so any actual input on the fight? At all?

abhilegend
Superman wins of course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.