Who ruled heaven on this day. God or Satan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

Surtur
Since you are using the bible...of course it was God. Demanding a single human sacrifice, even his son..actually pales in comparison to some of the other shit he did.

So this would of been a slow day at the office for God. God also has a vastly higher body count then Satan does. Nobody ever talks about that though.

So if you think about it, whether or not you think Satan was good or bad..he was standing up to the most colossal dick in the universe.

Keep in mind though Jesus "sacrificing" himself is a dubious thing. Jesus was some super powered immortal. His father literally created the entire universe. Jesus didn't sacrifice anything because what did he give up? Not his life, the dude popped back up a few days later.

To me that is like..when I was young and forced to go to Catholic schools we had Lent. You had to give up something during Lent like a certain food. So I see this as..if I hate liver and onions, but then I say "well for lent I'm going to give up liver and onions". I haven't really given up anything.

Shakyamunison
There are a lot of problems when taking the bible literally. This is just one of them.

Surtur
Yes and that is why I legitimately find the people who take the bible at face value to be scary. It's not even because they believe in something I find silly..it is because they could read that book and read all the "good" God did and decide that balances out the mass murders that God carried out. Or they try to rationalize it in other ways.

That scares me more then anything, because if you believe the bible is real then you should hate God or be afraid of him..but these people instead worship him as some sort of perfect being.

I have to say I think religion in general has done far more to harm humanity than it has to help it. Which is unfortunate because not every religious person is bad and most of them, deep down, know they really wouldn't need some book to tell right from wrong.

I just wonder what the world would look like in 100 years if we took a century long moratorium from all forms of religion.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Surtur
...I just wonder what the world would look like in 100 years if we took a century long moratorium from all forms of religion.

We would just invent new religions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.