Who is the most underrated Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
So in your opinion who do you think is the most underrated Jedi and why. Please don't just say the characters name, instead elaborate and give us an explanation as to why you think that Jedi is underrated

NewGuy01
Arguably Nomi Sunrider these days, because Kulvax.

Obi-Wan's really up there too, for obvious reasons.

DarthAnt66
Bruck Chun.

Fated Xtasy
I'd definitely say Qui-Gon. He's extremely underrated for some reason, despite having some top tier feats.

DarthAnt66
thumb up Beating Xantos yo.

|King Joker|
Underrated combatant or an underrated character in general?

Stigma
Johun Othone.

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Arguably Nomi Sunrider these days, because Kulvax.

Obi-Wan's really up there too, for obvious reasons.

Nah nomi's always been shit.

Tzeentch
Anoon Bondera

Trocity
Obi-Wan Kenobi, surely.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Quinlan vos

Total Warrior
Originally posted by RexCloneWarsMVS
Quinlan vos

SunRazer
Not Canon Vos. lol

Total Warrior
Yeah, i meant Legend Vos

carthage
Underrated: Vodo Siosk Baas, Corran Horn, Tresina Lobi, Plo Koon, Wolf Sazen, Valin Horn, Luminara Unduli etc.

Overrated: The Exile, Barsenthor, Hero of Tython, and to an extent Mace Windu

RexCloneWarsMVS
Some people underrate dark disciple voss too

Nephthys
The Hero of Tython. To me at least.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by carthage
Underrated: Vodo Siosk Baas, Corran Horn, Tresina Lobi, Plo Koon, Wolf Sazen, Valin Horn, Luminara Unduli etc.

Overrated: The Exile, Barsenthor, Hero of Tython, and to an extent Mace Windu

I don't think Windu is overrated, recently he's been pretty underrated honestly. As for this thread, Kenobi...easily. Everyone of his feats is discounted as circumstantial lol, which granted, is fairly valid, but people give him NO credit in spite of having a very successful track record against some of the most powerful combatants in the mythos.

I mean...Fisto level? Come on now.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by carthage
Overrated: The Exile
Even her original writer has shit all over her in the name of Revan. Who's overrating her?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Even her original writer has shit all over her in the name of Revan. Who's overrating her?

I think it's not who, but it's more what she did that is overrated when people refer to that.

FreshestSlice
All she did was blow up a planet she already blew up and beat up an old woman.

Darth Thor
Kenobi

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Lord Stark
I don't think Windu is overrated, recently he's been pretty underrated honestly. As for this thread, Kenobi...easily. Everyone of his feats is discounted as circumstantial lol, which granted, is fairly valid, but people give him NO credit in spite of having a very successful track record against some of the most powerful combatants in the mythos.

I mean...Fisto level? Come on now.
All of this. thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
Obi-Wan deserves more respect, that's true.

Zenwolf
All she did was blow up a planet she already blew up and beat up an old woman.

It was actually Bao's remote that blew up the planet.

But that's not what I was saying, was meaning the Academy feat where people like to bring up that she waded through an entire academy while being hindered and then beating Sion and Traya.

The latter two things are quantifiable for sure, but as far as wading through the Academy we don't know how all that went down.

Did she not have to battle through every room? Did she sneak by some enemies? How many Sith guys were actually in the academy? How many were actually Dark force users?

Were Suirk's companions involved when they went to the Academy? How were they able to bypass through to the Core? Did they kill any Sith along their way?

So on, so on. It's a vague thing.

FreshestSlice
Nah. The remote blew up the planet on Surik's orders, just like before. Saying she didn't because she didn't physically push the button doesn't mean anything. She didn't press the button the first time either.

As for the rest, there's no evidence Surik was hindered at all on Malachor, and while her Trayus feat is remarkable, it's not really out of place in a universe that just five years earlier featured Revan take on entire armies of Jedi killing droids and the most powerful Dark Jedi of the entire galaxy while an amnesiac. Pretty sure the campaign guide talks about Surik being forced to kill the Sith apprentices in the academy, so that's not really a point against her; she also has zero stealth feats to her name. She did indeed fight most of those Sith head on, but considering she grows stronger with every kill, that's also not unbelievable. It's also not amazing. Jedi frequently take on armies in the TOR era and NJO era even at great hinderance, which Surik didn't have.

Zenwolf
But it still remains, how many were actually in the Academy? How many did she take on at once? So on and so forth.

Also I find that whole getting stronger with every kill being extremely stupid too.

Nephthys
It's also not amazing. Jedi frequently take on armies in the TOR era and NJO era even at great hinderance, which Surik didn't have.

She did actually and all those Jedi you mentioned ARE amazing so I'm not sure what your point is.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
She did actually
Source? Still waiting on that, and not really. All of those Jedi aren't "amazing." Korr's been through "armies" before. Well before his prime(or puberty).
Originally posted by Zenwolf
But it still remains, how many were actually in the Academy? How many did she take on at once? So on and so forth.

Also I find that whole getting stronger with every kill being extremely stupid too.
True. Still, I don't think most people actually overrate that. Just a few, where as Kenobi is shit on constantly.

Emperordmb
Good for Korr tbh.

ILS
Kenobi gets underrated as a Force user and overrated as a swordsman.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
Kenobi gets underrated as a Force user and overrated as a swordsman.

So what would that make him overall?

Nephthys
Source? Still waiting on that, and not really. All of those Jedi aren't "amazing." Korr's been through "armies" before. Well before his prime(or puberty).

The fact that Meetra herself states that she was very hindered? The fact that she's a Jedi assaulting a bastion of the darkside, on top of the wound of Malachor and the gravity?

They are amazing and Korr is a very powerful Jedi, as Marka ****ing Ragnos discovered. Plus he didn't really fight through any armies I can recall. A dozen or so shitty Dark Jedi but no armies.

NewGuy01
The fact that she's a Jedi assaulting a bastion of the darkside,

At the time, her connection to the Force was very unusual; which is why this is suspect.

It's just like her! big grin

Affects everyone equally.

Nephthys
The Sith can still be affected by it though.

Whether or not it's like her, Meetra herself describes how insanely horrible Malachor was with all the dead screaming in her head. Malachor is extremely corrupting and mentally damaging in general.

Maybe, but the Sith have had more time to acclimatise to it and can draw on the nexus to help if they want. She can't.

ILS
Originally posted by Zenwolf
So what would that make him overall? Someone who needs to be given more credit to as a Force user but receive more critique as a fighter.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by ILS
Someone who needs to be given more credit to as a Force user but receive more critique as a fighter.

Good starting point would be determining how powerful a hindered Anakin's TK is

He's obviously beneath Dooku again if Kenobi's stalemating him, but how far did his power fall due conflicted emotions?

Would Maul bowl him over? Savage? Shaak Ti? Etc?

Establish some kind of minimum for Anakin and you have Kenobi's Force power

Nephthys
Well I agree about his dueling skills. People act like he's a Soresu God with impenetrable defenses

NewGuy01
Well I agree about his dueling skills. People act like he's a Soresu God with impenetrable defenses

Reminds me of a certain lady.

Nephthys
You shouldn't let Gideon hear you talk about Sheev like that.

Fated Xtasy

This.

Selenial

laughing out loud

Selenial

FreshestSlice
A hinderance that literally everyone feels isn't really a hindrance, especially given the fact that NONE of that has to do with Surik herself being at a disadvantage, your own quotes talking about how it effects "everything." Malachor obviously isn't killing even the mooks that live there, and Surik was specially equipped to deal with it. So, yeah, I'd like to see more quotes that actually go on the prove the point. Not that those quotes from Revan are the best sources concerning feats from KotOR II anyway.

Nephthys
Except the anguish of the dead would only empower the Sith, not harm them.

Fated Xtasy
Isn't Sion proof that malachor can help people in combat? lol.

DarthAnt66
Kenobi is incredibly underrated. So is Skywalker.

Selenial
A hinderance that literally everyone feels isn't really a hindrance, especially given the fact that NONE of that has to do with Surik herself being at a disadvantage, your own quotes talking about how it effects "everything." Malachor obviously isn't killing even the mooks that live there, and Surik was specially equipped to deal with it. So, yeah, I'd like to see more quotes that actually go on the prove the point. Not that those quotes from Revan are the best sources concerning feats from KotOR II anyway.

Except those mooks (You mean the most elite Sith in the Triumvirate) were empowered by what was perhaps the strongest Dark Side Nexus in the galaxy, obviously they could survive easier.

Not to mention a Jedi's power comes from a mindset, and she was under immense attack, where the Sith were not.

And are you seriously trying to argue that one can properly draw on the Light Side on a Dark Side Nexus whose energy xenoformed a planet?

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Kenobi is incredibly underrated. So is Skywalker.

Agreed, believe it or not, Anakin would be near the top of my list.

Vixas

Hmm.. *Holds up both hands. In one, a metaphorical representation of the Dark Side. In the other, the agony of the dead.* Hmm... The Dark Side is fueled by negative emotions.... unimaginable PAIN..... nope, no negative emotions here obviously. Sorry Sel he's right.

quanchi112
Mace Windu.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by quanchi112
Mace Windu.

http://angryblackladychronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Lucille-Bluth-eyeroll-GIF.gif

Emperordmb
Aside from peeps who say Windu>Sheev, he's underrated IMO

Vixas
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Aside from peeps who say Windu>Sheev, he's underrated IMO

I think, depending upon who you speak to, Windu is over and under-rated. There are those who believe Vaapad/Shatterpoint to be an instant-win easy button against Dark-Siders. While others who don't give him enough credit for his other abilities and skills.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Vixas
I think, depending upon who you speak to, Windu is over and under-rated.

Reminds me of a certain ladySith Lord

Vixas
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

Who would said Sith Lord b-..... you mean Bane don't you?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Vixas
Who would said Sith Lord b-..... you mean Bane don't you?

yeah lol. genuinely feel it's the same thing with Bane, people rank him too high and others too low. I don't have a problem with it, either way, but it does get kind of ridiculous on both sides.

Vixas
yeah lol. genuinely feel it's the same thing with Bane, people rank him too high and others too low. I don't have a problem with it, either way, but it does get kind of ridiculous on both sides.

I can see your point.

Emperordmb
You get a few people saying Bane is Ventress level, and on the other side of that coin a certain poster has Bane>Sheev.

quanchi112
How is he overrated ?

Trocity
Aside from his circumstantial amp versus Palpatine, his feats aren't as good as his hype.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
Aside from his circumstantial amp versus Palpatine, his feats aren't as good as his hype. What circumstantial amp ? Nothing in the film supports an amp from that scene. Did Lucas say he was amped ?

EmperorSidious2
Ignore quan he doesn't realize that he's in the expanded universe thread so more than just the movie is aloud.

Trocity
Poor quan.

Kurk
I feel Pong Krell is low balled just because we didn't see him do anything other than slaughter clones. I'm sure he could've amounted to be a very powerful sith if wasn't killed.

Emperordmb
SWTOR: Satele Shan
NSW: Lord Hoth
Movie Era: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, and Ferus Olin
Post-ROTJ: Kyle Katarn and Jaden Korr

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
SWTOR: Satele Shan

Nah, i'd say that she's more or less underrated as a duelist not as a whole.

Actually, i'd say that someone who is even more underrated here is Kerra Holt(also during NSW apparently)

I'd add several others to that list lol

and half of the order XD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.