The Living Tribunal Vs The Great Evil Beast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BeyonderGod
Who would win?

DarkSaint85
GEB was meant to be = The Presence....so I'd go with GEB.

leonidas
been done. a bunch of times....

BIGWHITESEXY
Womp

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
GEB was meant to be = The Presence....so I'd go with GEB.

Might be a silly question, but what are the best feats of the DC Presence? Just wondering, since in different versions of fiction the power level of "God" can vary.

Though as I recall, Lucifer was weaker then God and could tank a multiversal explosion without any harm IIRC.

quanchi112
Lt wins, easily.

iceman24567
Great Evil Beast

CatL18
GEB stomps

quanchi112
Originally posted by CatL18
GEB stomps Based on ?

Board Walker
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?

feats.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Board Walker
feats. Such as ?

BeyonderGod
*Eats popcorn* Can Quanchi112 challenge to Board Walker be accepted?

SquallX
Lt wins, easily.

Based on?

See, I can also use you're idiotic response too.

dynamix
think im gonna give this to GEB. It made God's wrath, with amp from DC's best mages, look like a mosquito (and it wasn't even trying, iirc, it was just stretching or something lol!). i've seen LT get laid out before so i can see someone of GEB caliber win the majority here.

Sj_Sharp
GEB.

Utrigita
Originally posted by leonidas
been done. a bunch of times....

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
Based on?

See, I can also use you're idiotic response too. Feats. See I can answer questions my detractors cannot.

Time-Immemorial
A few Beyonders roflstomoping Lt so yea. GEB

carver9
LT

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
LT

I see your still jealous. GG

carver9
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I see your still jealous. GG

I have someone making me the same sig. smile

DarkSaint85
I'd laugh if they created a really shitty, MS Paint version.

Time-Immemorial
I have someone making me the same sig. smile

No you don't. And you can't copy people's sigs..unless you wanna be a fanboy.

Prof. T.C McAbe
GEB

carver9
No you don't. And you can't copy people's sigs..unless you wanna be a fanboy.

Lol...yes, I really do. I guess I'm a fanboy then. I should have it by today or tomorrow so be prepared.

Time-Immemorial
Lol...yes, I really do. I guess I'm a fanboy then. I should have it by today or tomorrow so be prepared.

No, the only person that could make it for you is Rao, and he already made this for me, he's not going to make one for you. Dummy.

Surtur
How'd you get a kryptonian god to make you a sig? Almighty Rao has come full circle indeed.

zopzop
A few Beyonders roflstomoping Lt so yea. GEB
Those Beyonders would sh|tstomp GEB or the Presence too.

DC's Creator God is a joke. laughing

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
Those Beyonders would sh|tstomp GEB or the Presence too.

DC's Creator God is a joke. laughing
laughing out loud

At least they don't get turned into trees by heralds.

Surtur
DC's creator God is also a colossal dick so it is possible he just trolled Spectre and made him lose because it would be funny.

I say DC, but I more mean the God that appears in Vertigo comics. Which yes I know is owned by DC, but he is portrayed in different ways as I recall. In the normal DC he doesn't seem to be so bad.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

True. That was a total clusterphuck. But this stupidity is relatively recent and from one idiot writer : Hickman.

DC's Creator God has a history of fail.

abhilegend
True. That was a total clusterphuck. But this stupidity is relatively recent and from one idiot writer : Hickman.

DC's Creator God has a history of fail.
Like against Korvac?

And no, he doesn't. LT will end up on his ass on some moons again.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Surtur
How'd you get a kryptonian god to make you a sig? Almighty Rao has come full circle indeed.

Because I am the bedrock of House of El, and Rao is my good friend.

Zack M
GEB.

h1a8
Geb>>>>>>mxy>>>>>lt

zopzop
Originally posted by h1a8
Geb>>>>>>mxy>>>>>lt
BS.

Mxy's destroyed all of DC on panel and recreated it with a snap of his finger. Nothing GEB has done comes close to that.
Like against Korvac?

And no, he doesn't. LT will end up on his ass on some moons again.
The LT sealed up Korvac in that universe and nothing was able to get in or out till the LT dropped the barrier.

h1a8
BS.

Mxy's destroyed all of DC on panel and recreated it with a snap of his finger. Nothing GEB has done comes close to that.

The LT sealed up Korvac in that universe and nothing was able to get in or out till the LT dropped the barrier. so you are actually saying that mxy>>>>>geb? If so then is mxy>>>>presence?

quanchi112
so you are actually saying that mxy>>>>>geb? If so then is mxy>>>>presence? Presence is weak.

abhilegend
BS.

The LT sealed up Korvac in that universe and nothing was able to get in or out till the LT dropped the barrier.
His ultimate punishment was a supernova? That's pathetic.

uhuh

zopzop
His ultimate punishment was a supernova? That's pathetic.

uhuh
I'm not disputing that. It was pathetic. He made up for it though by sealing up that universe and nothing was allowed to get in or out till he willed the barrier gone.

That's damn impressive considering what was going on in that issue.

abhilegend
I'm not disputing that. It was pathetic. He made up for it though by sealing up that universe and nothing was allowed to get in or out till he willed the barrier gone.

That's damn impressive considering what was going on in that issue.
No, it wasn't. It just shows he was unable to beat a guy who committed suicide on fear of some ships. How would he beat the supreme being of entire multiverse?

Closing off the doorways to another universes isn't such a great feat.

uhuh

zopzop

uhuh
It is if the guy dropping abstracts, like they were going out of fashion, is powerless to escape said universe.

abhilegend
It is if the guy dropping abstracts, like they were going out of fashion, is powerless to escape said universe.
Abstracts? Like who? And why is that impressive?

Again, why would LT beat a supreme being? Has he ever beaten one?

Mr Master

It just shows he was unable to beat a guy who committed suicide on fear of some ships.
"fear of some ships" ... is a bit of an understatement.

Korvac defeated "the most powerful Multiversal cosmic assembly ever" up to that point. (minus the LT)

The LT and Korvac though never confronted each other.
Korvac never saw the LT or ever knew he was there.

The LT attacked Korvac indirectly using a single sun/star
against a guy who had absorbed a Celestial host amongst other powers. laughing out loud Senseless.

LT should've used his absolute (at-least) over-universal power like he demonstrated when he sealed off that entire reality.

But the plot called for Korvac to erase that reality ... which tied into another "What If" two issues later. (so LT wasn't allowed to stomp)

LT should've never been there if you ask me. (restrained by plot so pointless appearance)

It wasn't 'doorways' friend.

The LT sealed (essentially encasing) that entire universe in an impenetrable barrier.

carver9
laughing out loud

When has Heralds tanked a sun going nova on them? Key word, TANKED. Scans please because those same beings you are calling a Herald brushed off a sun exploding in their face destroying said solar system.

carver9
Here is the scene if anyone is interested...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media-full//Screenshot_2014-10-01-17-58-52_zpsad36055f.png.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media-full//Screenshot_2014-10-01-17-59-09_zps1acaee99.png.html

After looking at it, some seem more durable than others. 5 of them were gone after this attack. Either bfred or died. Who knows but as shown, Ex didn't have a scratch on him.

DarkSaint85
When has Heralds tanked a sun going nova on them? Key word, TANKED. Scans please because those same beings you are calling a Herald brushed off a sun exploding in their face destroying said solar system.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/69316/1755075-dptu883oroboroscps025.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/69316/1755077-dptu883oroboroscps029.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/69316/1755078-dptu883oroboroscps031.jpg

carver9
Lol...that's not a super nova. That's not even a sun. Read that comic multiples of times and I'm still trying to figure out what kind of attack that was. Good try though.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Lol...that's not a super nova. That's not even a sun. Read that comic multiples of times and I'm still trying to figure out what kind of attack that was. Good try though.

thumb up

Reported.

It's not even canon, anyway, I don't think.

carver9
Lol...tattle tale.

Never heard anyone saying it isn't canon.

DarkSaint85
Lol...tattle tale.

Never heard anyone saying it isn't canon.

Deadpol Team Up, right? Meh.

Besides, that fireball was CLEARLY larger than the planet.

What else would a sun be, but a giant ball of hot fiery plasma?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mr Master
"fear of some ships" ... is a bit of an understatement.
You want to post the scans or should I? Titles are meaningless. Show feats for the said assembly. So? It's, still on panel and it's just one of many low showings he has. You don't like it? Sue the writer. Yet Quasar jumped to the same reality in Quasar 30. So, no it wasn't sealed. This "restricted by plot" nonsense might work on someone else. Try again to excuse LT's impotence. Yet Quasar and Living Laser both escaped in that reality.

Some real impenetrable shields right there.

abhilegend
baka

John Stewart survived a supernova by simple auto shield. Adam Warlock survived one. Nova survived one.

None are even high heralds.

Mr Master

You want to post the scans or should I?
You stated: Korvac killed himself on "fear of some ships" ... I simply highlighted that was an "understatement."

It was actually a "universal armada" compose of "countless star-ships."

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23606355_Q11.jpg

Which doesn't make sense, cause in the end, Korvac was able to expand his consciousness and even become one with Eternity:

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23606479_Q12.jpg

This story is filled with inconsistencies. thumb up

Titles are meaningless. Show feats for the said assembly.
Hey friend, I'm just conveying what Mark Gruenwald claimed in narration columns:

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/9738078_Kor6.jpg

"The most awesome assembly of diverse power-wielders in the history of the Multiverse"

You, are also free to "sue the writer" if you're not happy with that on panel showcase.

So? It's, still on panel and it's just one of many low showings he has. You don't like it? Sue the writer.
What "one low showing?" ... In the Korvac What IF?" ... LT didn't do anything. (restricted by plot)

LT had absolute (at-least) universal capabilities and decided to rely on a single solar scale attack.

That's called PIS/CIS!

Yet Quasar jumped to the same reality in Quasar 30. So, no it wasn't sealed.

Yet Quasar and Living Laser both escaped in that reality.
Well, actually, it was Uatu's tech (inter-dimensional portal) which allowed Quasar (including L Laser) to do that.

... and I'm sure the LT would've allowed that alternate Uatu (or a 'Watcher' in general) safe passage via his tech ... But that detail is meaningless.

Because Quasar may have never entered the reality the LT separated from the Multiverse.

It seems Quasar entered another Alternate reality similar ... BUT ... different that the original "What If Korvac story."

PROOF!

In Quasar #30, Quasar finds Earth's moon, (in-tact) in the moment Korvac is literally nullifying the universe:

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23606347_Q3.jpg

BUT ...

Earth's moon was completely obliterated in the original story (What IF #32) way before Korvac had even decided to UN the universe:

As you can see in these scans, the moon was destroyed during Korvac's and Stranger's struggle over it:

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23606354_Q10.jpg

================================

So this is clear evidence,
that Quasar either didn't enter the original "What If" story,
or, Gruenwald overlooked/forgot about that detail in Quasar #30.

In which case he could've also overlooked/forgotten about the LT barrier detail in said book.

(Gruenwald wrote both stories so ...)

Some real impenetrable shields right there.
There's no reason to think not.

zopzop

So this is clear evidence,
that Quasar either didn't enter the original "What If" story,
or, Gruenwald overlooked/forgot about that detail in Quasar #30.

In which case he could've also overlooked/forgotten about the LT barrier detail in said book.

(Gruenwald wrote both stories so ...)

There's no reason to think not.
Yup. The moon is the dead giveaway. The other explanation I've seen is a little more convoluted but it makes sense too.

The Living Laser had entered that alternate reality illegally by way of the Watcher's portal. The Watcher was in deep sh|t because he allowed his portal to be used in that manner and he needed Quasar's help to fix the issue or he'd lose access to his viewing portal (all this is stated on panel).

Fact :
We never saw at what point the LL entered the What If : Korvac reality.

Here's where the conjecture comes in :
1) He must have entered it BEFORE the events that led up to the LT sealing off that particular reality.
2) Quasar was allowed in because he was apprehending an 'illegal' resident in that reality, the LL.

abhilegend
You stated: Korvac killed himself on "fear of some ships" ... I simply highlighted that was an "understatement."

It was actually a "universal armada" compose of "countless star-ships."

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23606355_Q11.jpg

Which doesn't make sense, cause in the end, Korvac was able to expand his consciousness and even become one with Eternity:

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23606479_Q12.jpg

This story is filled with inconsistencies. So just some ships. Good.

Pure hyperbole. Show some feats for these alternate reality characters while you're at it.

Why would I do that? I'm not the one who is hanging on hyperboles of narration to prove his point.

No, simply a low showing.

There is no "plot restriction" clause anywhere shown in the comic or anywhere else. Its just your opinion.

Which means absolutely nothing BTW.

Sealing off the universe does not means he has universal level destruction capabilities. Linear Men can do it. They can't destroy the universe.

"I'm sure". Post a scan of this claim.

And its not meaningless.

Inconsistencies happen in these kind of revisits. Here your trusted site Marvunapp informs us that Quasar went into the same reality

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/earthkorvacconquers.htm

I win.
"Just because Gruenwald forgot about the destruction of moon, the entire story was an alternate reality". Seriously?

Nope, try again.

Mr Master
Yup. The moon is the dead giveaway. The other explanation I've seen is a little more convoluted but it makes sense too.

The Living Laser had entered that alternate reality illegally by way of the Watcher's portal. The Watcher was in deep sh|t because he allowed his portal to be used in that manner and he needed Quasar's help to fix the issue or he'd lose access to his viewing portal (all this is stated on panel).

Fact :

1) He must have entered it BEFORE the events that led up to the LT sealing off that particular reality.
2) Quasar was allowed in because he was apprehending an 'illegal' resident in that reality, the LL.
thumb up Good points.

It was either a different alternate reality,
or Gruenwald simply forgot about the LT's barrier, just like he forgot about the moon.

Simple, real simple.

abhilegend

Fact :

Except we saw when Quasar entered in that reality. It was just seconds before Korvac was going to destroy the universe using Ultimate Nullifier.

And that was long after LT "sealed" the universe off. Even Marvunapp says so.

Living.Tribunal
Living Tribunal all the way rock

zopzop
Except we saw when Quasar entered in that reality. It was just seconds before Korvac was going to destroy the universe using Ultimate Nullifier.

And that was long after LT "sealed" the universe off. Even Marvunapp says so.
Yes, we saw when Quasar entered that reality.

But you'll notice prior to this, the Watcher explained that he was in trouble because he allowed the LL to exploit his viewing device and his viewing device was about to be taken away from him.

He could have rectified the problem himself but he was bound by his oath and needed Quasar do to it.

All this was stated on panel.

The following is conjecture :

For all we know the LT or Time Keepers allowed Uatu leeway to do what he needed to do to get the LL from 616 back, including entering that sealed universe. Uatu couldn't because of his oath and let Quasar go in his place.

Board Walker
Such as ?

On panel displays

Genii96
Originally posted by dynamix
think im gonna give this to GEB. It made God's wrath, with amp from DC's best mages, look like a mosquito (and it wasn't even trying, iirc, it was just stretching or something lol!). i've seen LT get laid out before so i can see someone of GEB caliber win the majority here.

I doubt being powered by mages is anywhere near living tribunal in power,he was laid out by the beyonders who wiped out every abstract entity in the MU

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Genii96
I doubt being powered by mages is anywhere near living tribunal in power,he was laid out by the beyonders who wiped out every abstract entity in the MU

It wasn't just 'some mages'.

It was Silver Age Dr Fate, who was at full power, and guided by Nabu himself:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/trampleheaven.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/drfatevsgeb2.jpg

The entire Angelic Host:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/angelsvsgeb.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/angelsvsgeb1.jpg

Then the Spectre arrived.

He then got pumped up by magical energy from the sorcerors, and had the Presence's backing. Then the Spectre realised what they had been fighting, was just a toenail:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/GEB1.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/GEB2.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/GEB3.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/GEB4.jpg

The Presence itself had to arrive and fight, but only then, was only able to stalemate it.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/gebvspresence.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/gebvspresence1.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/gebvspresence2.jpg

abhilegend
Yes, we saw when Quasar entered that reality.

But you'll notice prior to this, the Watcher explained that he was in trouble because he allowed the LL to exploit his viewing device and his viewing device was about to be taken away from him.

He could have rectified the problem himself but he was bound by his oath and needed Quasar do to it.

All this was stated on panel.

The following is conjecture :

For all we know the LT or Time Keepers allowed Uatu leeway to do what he needed to do to get the LL from 616 back, including entering that sealed universe. Uatu couldn't because of his oath and let Quasar go in his place.
So, nothing but conjecture.

Just like "plot restrictions" on LT.

mmm

zopzop
So, nothing but conjecture.

Just like "plot restrictions" on LT.

mmm
Of course it's conjecture. It's fans trying to make the story work. That or Gruenwald just didn't give a damn since the original story took place over a decade after the events in Quasar 30.

Doesn't change the fact that the LT sealed up Korvac and Korvac and everyone else in that reality was unable to get out. Nothing was able to get in either, as we see in the follow up to the What IF Korvac story where Phoenix, Dr. Strange, and Surfer were unable to re-enter that reality (Korvac ejected them in the original What If) until the LT dropped the barrier.

An inconsistency (Quasar getting in through the Watcher portal) a decade+ later doesn't detract from the LT's original feat.

abhilegend
Of course it's conjecture. It's fans trying to make the story work. That or Gruenwald just didn't give a damn since the original story took place over a decade after the events in Quasar 30.

Doesn't change the fact that the LT sealed up Korvac and Korvac and everyone else in that reality was unable to get out. Nothing was able to get in either, as we see in the follow up to the What IF Korvac story where Phoenix, Dr. Strange, and Surfer were unable to re-enter that reality (Korvac ejected them in the original What If) until the LT dropped the barrier.

An inconsistency (Quasar getting in through the Watcher portal) a decade+ later doesn't detract from the LT's original feat.
Of course it does. Surfer, Phoenix or strange unable to enter the universe doesn't means anything when you realize those were from the same reality.

It doesn't changes the fact that LT was unable to beat even Korvac directly and fled from him after dishing out his ultimate punishment.

So LT sucks, right?

zopzop
Of course it does. Surfer, Phoenix or strange unable to enter the universe doesn't means anything when you realize those were from the same reality.
Ok?

He was unable to 'beat' him yet he sealed him and all other inhabitants of that universe off from the rest of the multiverse. He was so successful that NOTHING was able to get in or out of that reality. Not the remaining abstracts, not the inhabitants Korvac evicted from that reality earlier, and not even Super Korvac (who had absorbed the power of a crapload of Cosmics and Abstracts) himself.

This is a low showing how?

abhilegend

Ok?

He was unable to 'beat' him yet he sealed him and all other inhabitants of that universe off from the rest of the multiverse. He was so successful that NOTHING was able to get in or out of that reality. Not the remaining abstracts, not the inhabitants Korvac evicted from that reality earlier, and not even Super Korvac (who had absorbed the power of a crapload of Cosmics and Abstracts) himself.

This is a low showing how?
Except Quasar did. Living Laser too.

And if he was so powerful that nothing could escape the universe which mind you no abstract actually tried, why didn't he y'know beat Korvac with all that power?

It's a low showing because he fled from what, a being who beat some alternate reality featless characters?

LT totally sucks by your definition.

zopzop
Except Quasar did. Living Laser too.
We don't know at what point the LL entered that What If reality. So using him as proof for anything is out.

Right now, the ONLY being that got in or out was Quasar.

That reality was sealed off from the rest of the multiverse and the writer made it CRYSTAL clear (even reinforcing his point in a LATER What If follow up story), nothing was getting in or out of that reality. Period.

What happened a DECADE+ later has no bearing on the original story because as we've seen there's debate as to whether the reality jumped into was the original What If Korvac story in the first place. The moon was destroyed in the original What If Korvac reality PRIOR to the armada showing up, yet in the universe Quasar jumped into, it was fully intact.

abhilegend

We don't know at what point the LL entered that What If reality. So using him as proof for anything is out.

Right now, the ONLY being that got in or out was Quasar.

That reality was sealed off from the rest of the multiverse and the writer made it CRYSTAL clear (even reinforcing his point in a LATER What If follow up story), nothing was getting in or out of that reality. Period.

What happened a DECADE+ later has no bearing on the original story because as we've seen there's debate as to whether the reality jumped into was the original What If Korvac story in the first place. The moon was destroyed in the original What If Korvac reality PRIOR to the armada showing up, yet in the universe Quasar jumped into, it was fully intact.
So the seal was "full proof" if we can just ignore Quasar going in.

Nope, don't care and can't do that.

Again, why didn't LT beat Korvac? What's your excuse now?

zopzop
So the seal was "full proof" if we can just ignore Quasar going in.
The seal was foolproof.

There's no proof that the reality Quasar entered was the original What If Korvac. The moon is the dead giveaway.

That or Gruenwald phucked up.

Take your pick. Neither detracts from the LT's original feat.

He did beat Korvac. Korvac's rampage was contained to a single universe and Korvac died. /Fin

The LT isn't above letting a universe get destroyed in order to preserve the greater Multiverse. He's said so on panel.

abhilegend

The seal was foolproof.

There's no proof that the reality Quasar entered was the original What If Korvac. The moon is the dead giveaway.

That or Gruenwald phucked up.

Take your pick. Neither detracts from the LT's original feat.

He did beat Korvac. Korvac's rampage was contained to a single universe and Korvac died. /Fin

The LT isn't above letting a universe get destroyed in order to preserve the greater Multiverse. He's said so on panel.
Except the fact that Marvunapp says so.

Also, no he didn't. LT fled after Korvac tanked his "ultimate punishment".

No excuse can erase that.

So, try again.

abhilegend
Also how about the time Reed punked him in Last Planet Standing?

zopzop

Also, no he didn't. LT fled after Korvac tanked his "ultimate punishment".

No excuse can erase that.

So, try again.
Marvunapp doesn't overirde what we see on panel.

ON PANEL in the original story, the moon was destroyed BEFORE the armada showdown with the UN.

ON PANEL in Quasar 30, the moon was INTACT DURING the armada showdown with the UN.

Nothing Marvunapp says will change that fact. Period.

Yes, he tanked his ultimate punishment then was helpless (along with every other being in that universe) to escape the LT's imprisonment. Then he died.

/Fin

abhilegend
Marvunapp doesn't overirde what we see on panel.

ON PANEL in the original story, the moon was destroyed BEFORE the armada showdown with the UN.

ON PANEL in Quasar 30, the moon was INTACT DURING the armada showdown with the UN.

Nothing Marvunapp says will change that fact. Period.

Yes, he tanked his ultimate punishment then was helpless (along with every other being in that universe) to escape the LT's imprisonment. Then he died.

/Fin
Like I said inconsistencies happen in these kind of stories.

How the hell did an alternate reality What If even became when LT had sealed it off?

Also

Also how about the time Reed punked him in Last Planet Standing?

zopzop
Like I said inconsistencies happen in these kind of stories.

How the hell did an alternate reality What If even became when LT had sealed it off?
Exactly. And considering time is a constant in the MU, the What If Korvac reality shouldn't have even existed, since all this took place decades before Living Laser/Quasar entered that reality.

LL and Quasar didn't time travel, they just hopped into an alternate reality. Gruenwald messed up big time there.

Yeah, I know. Seeing as how Reed is a God it's not a low showing (Reed and Alien Entity created the MU on panel). laughing out loud

abhilegend

Exactly. And considering time is a constant in the MU, the What If Korvac reality shouldn't have even existed, since all this took place decades before Living Laser/Quasar entered that reality.

LL and Quasar didn't time travel, they just hopped into an alternate reality. Gruenwald messed up big time there.

So, no it wasn't an alternate reality. In both cases, LT seal was not absolute. Glad we agree.

Alternate reality Reed.

Nice excuse though. What is even lulzworthy is LT and several other cosmics had to combine their powers to destroy a galaxy.

laughing out loud

zopzop
So, no it wasn't an alternate reality. In both cases, LT seal was not absolute. Glad we agree.
Actually yes it WAS an alt alt reality. Since the original What If Korvac was destroyed a DECADE+ ago. The LL and Quasar DID NOT time travel. They hopped into alternate realities. This much is stated on panel.

Where ever the LL and Quasar found themselves wasn't the original What If Korvac reality.

Reed is Reed. Maker is currently taking on Doom with the power of the Beyonders.

abhilegend

Actually yes it WAS an alt alt reality. Since the original What If Korvac was destroyed a DECADE+ ago. The LL and Quasar DID NOT time travel. They hopped into alternate realities. This much is stated on panel.

Where ever the LL and Quasar found themselves wasn't the original What If Korvac reality.

Except it wasn't. So, yeah LT sucks.

Excuse not acceptable.

LT sucks.

zopzop
Except it wasn't. So, yeah LT sucks.
Except it was. We can probably ask for a mod ruling regarding this.

It was not the same reality because
a) the original What If was destroyed a decade+ before the events in Quasar 30 took place
b) they did jumped into alt realities, they didn't time travel
c) in the original, now nullified What If Korvac, the moon was destroyed by Korvac/Stranger BEFORE the showdown with the alien armada, in the reality Quasar and LL found themselves in, the moon was still intact DURING the alien armada showdown.

None of this is in dispute because it's all right there on panel. Let's get a mod ruling and put and end to this so we can move on.

Reed is just that good, nothing to do with the LT sucking.

abhilegend

Except it was. We can probably ask for a mod ruling regarding this.

It was not the same reality because
a) the original What If was destroyed a decade+ before the events in Quasar 30 took place
b) they did jumped into alt realities, they didn't time travel
c) in the original, now nullified What If Korvac, the moon was destroyed by Korvac/Stranger BEFORE the showdown with the alien armada, in the reality Quasar and LL found themselves in, the moon was still intact DURING the alien armada showdown.

None of this is in dispute because it's all right there on panel. Let's get a mod ruling and put and end to this so we can move on.
No, it wasn't. As per the rules of parallel universes in marvel, the reality must've branched off from the original universe when it was explicitly sealed off from the multiverse to stop spreading further.

So a parallel universe from it can't be created. Simple as that. It's more likely that Gruenwald forgot about the moon than that he was in a different reality altogether.

Nope, 616 Reed might be. But feats aren't transferable.

So yeah, LT sucks.

zopzop
No, it wasn't. As per the rules of parallel universes in marvel, the reality must've branched off from the original universe when it was explicitly sealed off from the multiverse to stop spreading further.

So a parallel universe from it can't be created. Simple as that. It's more likely that Gruenwald forgot about the moon than that he was in a different reality altogether.

Also per rules, time is a constant in the MU. So the original What If Korvac reality was destroyed LONG before LL and Quasar entered the Watcher's portal.

It's a fact that they did NOT time travel and merely went into parallel universes. At that point in time, the original What If Koravac was long since nullified.

The moon is a dead giveaway.

On panel > handbooks or websites.

Well Ult Reed is taking it to Doom with the power of the Beyonders. Again, Reed is just that good.

dynamix

the mages? No. Spectre + mages = at least close to if not already at that level. And he was treated like an insect lol. In fact, GEB was more interested in philosophy during these assaults, lol. I thought it was pretty funny lol

BeyonderGod
Wow so many posts over this one thread.

Genii96
Originally posted by dynamix
the mages? No. Spectre + mages = at least close to if not already at that level. And he was treated like an insect lol. In fact, GEB was more interested in philosophy during these assaults, lol. I thought it was pretty funny lol

Yea,I just saw someone post the scan of the presence stalemating the GEB,so this thing maybe another version of TOAA

Mr Master

So just some ships. Good.
Well, about a "countless number" of starships ... but who's counting.

Pure hyperbole.

Show some feats for these alternate reality characters while you're at it.
That's your opinion ... but the burden of disproving the On Panel writer claim is on you.

Why would I do that? I'm not the one who is hanging on hyperboles of narration to prove his point.
You should do that actually.

Cause you actually believe an entity (LT) more powerful than the universe entire (Eternity) ...
a FACT! proven across several issues prior to the 'What If' ...
... can't provide an attack greater than solar scale. no expression

No, simply a low showing.

There is no "plot restriction" clause anywhere shown in the comic or anywhere else. Its just your opinion.
I (LT) am greater/more powerful than the Universe containing infinite stars which is Eternity ...
... yet IN THIS 'What If' STORY ... I (LT) can only use a single star for an attack.

So, "plot restriction" due to PIS & CIS ... plain and simple.

But then .. Yet, I (LT) can separate an entire universe from the multiverse in an impenetrable barrier.

So, facepalm to Gruenwald's nonsensical idiocy.

Sealing off the universe does not means he has universal level destruction capabilities.

Linear Men can do it. They can't destroy the universe.
The Living Tribunal has always been more powerful than Eternity (the entire living universe/multiverse)

I don't really have to prove that, do I? You should know this.

"Linear Men?" (that not Marvel) ... I could care less about DC comic's concept of things.

And its not meaningless.
Yes it is. Imo.

Mr Master

Here your trusted site Marvunapp informs us that Quasar went into the same reality

I win.

Interesting. Thanx for that, it just helped me further.

You must've missed this part: (your same Marvunapp link) smile

"However, theres a problem.
In the original What If story,
Korvac did not grow to enormous size and sit on Earth until AFTER the moon was shattered
as a result of the Strangers attempt to distract him from the kidnapping of Carina.
If the Quasar story really took place in the alternate reality first seen in the What If story,
then the moon should have already been reduced to a ring of debris orbiting Earth (as it was at the end of the WI story)
by the time he got there.
The fact that the moon in the Quasar story was still intact
may mean that that story did NOT occur in the exact same reality as the What If story did.
Maybe the Quasar story is actually set in yet another divergent reality,
one which is also destroyed by Korvac but in which the events leading up to that point took a slightly different course?
After all, as your profile pointed out,
the story in Fantastic Four Annual #24 revealed that this timeline didn't quite diverge at the point that the WI story claimed it did
so maybe its possible that other timelines could have diverged from this one during the course of the WI story."

... ouch! ... That's gotta sting, even your determination.

============================

Damn, they explained my theory based on the On Panel facts almost verbatim to my claims. thumb up

"Just because Gruenwald forgot about the destruction of moon, the entire story was an alternate reality". Seriously?
I can use that same reasoning friend.

Just because Gruenwald forgot about the LT's barrier, the barrier never existed. Seriously? erm

-------------------------------------------------

But, anyway, the LT's barrier according to your Marvunapp link, was dissolved by the LT once Korvac was gone.

"With Korvac's threat essentially ended, the Tribunal dissolved the barrier it had formed around that reality."

Marvunapp references a later 'What If' issue to back up their claim. I found that issue/scene:

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/23610317_Q6.jpg

That's (#43) less than TWO years after the original Korvac What If story.

Quasar #30 was published TEN years after the original Korvac What If story.

Nope, 616 Reed might be.

But feats aren't transferable.

Actually, Zop is right, Reed, any "Reed" really (more or less) is just that good.

Here's Alternate Reed from reality-1720, who packs tech than can conquer the Omniverse!

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/23631154_Reed_1720-1.jpg
http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/23631155_Reed_1720-2.jpg

Peace and love friend. I'm done. stoned

h1a8
Well I would say GEB=presence >>>>>>>>mxy>>>>>LT

abhilegend
Well, about a "countless number" of starships ... but who's counting. Yeah, sure. Who is counting?

I don't have any onus for disproving a hyperbole. You need to prove it by providing feats for these characters.

Good luck with that.

If the writer wants to convey that, I'm not going to argue about it.

But nice use of circular logic.

I don't give a shit about what you think. You don't get to ignore low feats just because you don't like it.

And Gruenwald's words have far more weight than yours.

Who cares?

So yeah, you don't get to discard similar things from DC either.

Good thing is, I don't give a shit about what you think then.

Interesting. Thanx for that, it just helped me further.

You must've missed this part: (your same Marvunapp link) smile

"However, theres a problem.
In the original What If story,
Korvac did not grow to enormous size and sit on Earth until AFTER the moon was shattered
as a result of the Strangers attempt to distract him from the kidnapping of Carina.
If the Quasar story really took place in the alternate reality first seen in the What If story,
then the moon should have already been reduced to a ring of debris orbiting Earth (as it was at the end of the WI story)
by the time he got there.
The fact that the moon in the Quasar story was still intact
may mean that that story did NOT occur in the exact same reality as the What If story did.
Maybe the Quasar story is actually set in yet another divergent reality,
one which is also destroyed by Korvac but in which the events leading up to that point took a slightly different course?
After all, as your profile pointed out,
the story in Fantastic Four Annual #24 revealed that this timeline didn't quite diverge at the point that the WI story claimed it did
so maybe its possible that other timelines could have diverged from this one during the course of the WI story."

... ouch! ... That's gotta sting, even your determination. That's comment. The site manager even says so just after the comment.

http://i.imgur.com/41A3ZdE.jpg

What, you think nobody can see through your BS?

Its a comment from someone. Don't get your hopes up.

And just because moon wasn't destroyed, it was a different reality?

laughing out loud

In What If 43 which happened after Quasar 30. And Quasar jumped before Korvac died.

Publishing date doesn't matters. Chronology does.

"I offer you the omniverse" somehow became "I pack tech powerful enough to conquer omniverse".

laughing out loud

This isn't even worth my efforts at this point.

abhilegend

Also per rules, time is a constant in the MU. So the original What If Korvac reality was destroyed LONG before LL and Quasar entered the Watcher's portal.

It's a fact that they did NOT time travel and merely went into parallel universes. At that point in time, the original What If Koravac was long since nullified.

The moon is a dead giveaway.

On panel > handbooks or websites.

So you can post a scan where it says that it was a different reality?

And who says that the time difference between alternate reality is the same?

Nope, Ult Reed has feats. Last Planet Standing reed doesn't.

zopzop
So you can post a scan where it says that it was a different reality?

We know it was a different reality because an important part of the plot in Quasar 30 is MISSING in the original What If Korvac. The moon is GONE before the armada scene in the original What If but present in Quasar 30. That's a huge tell.

abhilegend

We know it was a different reality because an important part of the plot in Quasar 30 is MISSING in the original What If Korvac. The moon is GONE before the armada scene in the original What If but present in Quasar 30. That's a huge tell.
The writer forgot about it most likely.

It doesn't makes it an alternate reality.

Post the scan where it says so.

BeyonderGod
Wow......this went from Geb to Korvac and the LT....

Genii96
Well I would say GEB=presence >>>>>>>>mxy>>>>>LT

Mxy above living tribunal?.do you troll on purpose or are u just a natural?

DarkSaint85
Mxy above living tribunal?.do you troll on purpose or are u just a natural?

Well, if he uses WF's Mxy (which, tbh, I haven't seen indication that it's a diff Mxy) then why not?

Genii96
Well, if he uses WF's Mxy (which, tbh, I haven't seen indication that it's a diff Mxy) then why not?

Wf mxy is not above living tribunal,and mxy is just a 5d imp.."Living tribunal is 16 dimensional. Mxy was playing with galaxies and I think destroyed dc universe and remade it....living tribunal held 2 megaverses in his palm,and is shitloads stronger than any multi abstract...just because living tribunal dosent abuse his powers dosent mean he is weak. Mxy is only really powerful in the 1-4d dimensions..in his own native dimension he is just a chump.
Hell iirc..kubik noted that celestials were several dimensions above cosmic cubes...and beyonder himself when he faced them(they let him win) stated that they gave billions of hits in dimensions beyond humansm..a 5d imp is nothing to living tribunal.

DarkSaint85
Wf mxy is not above living tribunal,and mxy is just a 5d imp.."Living tribunal is 16 dimensional. Mxy was playing with galaxies and I think destroyed dc universe and remade it....living tribunal held 2 megaverses in his palm,and is shitloads stronger than any multi abstract...just because living tribunal dosent abuse his powers dosent mean he is weak. Mxy is only really powerful in the 1-4d dimensions..in his own native dimension he is just a chump.
Hell iirc..kubik noted that celestials were several dimensions above cosmic cubes...and beyonder himself when he faced them(they let him win) stated that they gave billions of hits in dimensions beyond humansm..a 5d imp is nothing to living tribunal.

Mxy destroyed the entire DC multiverse - not just one. Rather casually. Then casually recreated the multiverse.

And implied he did this on a weekly basis.

Not to mention, he's crossed over into our plane of reality (as per the comic, lol). Which is far and beyond what LT has done.

DarkSaint85
For example, this is the scene you refer to, where Mxy is playing with galaxies and destroying the DC universe:

http://imgur.com/a/zyf7S

It does not stop there, however.

Destroys the Earth-2 universe:
http://imgur.com/a/VDBrK

Earth-3 universe:
http://i.imgur.com/BRW79RJ.jpg

Earth-X universe:
http://imgur.com/a/BvOIY

Earth-S universe:
http://imgur.com/a/aL7of

Earth-C universe (note, they have Toonforce powers):
http://i.imgur.com/y4FGje5.jpg

DCAU:
http://imgur.com/a/8EtBE

Frank Miller's DKR universe:
http://imgur.com/a/Xa4eX

Post Crisis DCU:
http://imgur.com/a/OZtZV

The loads of other universes, lol:
http://imgur.com/a/ijRBc

Finally, the Earth-22 universe, and every other universe at the same time.
http://imgur.com/a/ExW84

Then recreates it for next week:
http://imgur.com/a/Hrjhw

Having 2 megaverses...seems a bit trivial in comparison.

Genii96
Mxy destroyed the entire DC multiverse - not just one. Rather casually. Then casually recreated the multiverse.

And implied he did this on a weekly basis.

Not to mention, he's crossed over into our plane of reality (as per the comic, lol). Which is far and beyond what LT has done.

Destroying the multiverse? Tribunal could do that easily,hell..even eternity could do that...I remember SG hercules recreating the multiverse,celestials also created the multiverse too,reed richards with un destroyed and recreated the multiverse instantly..galactus during his fight with scrier and other nearly wiped out the MU by accident....living tribunal could do that on an hour basis if he wanted....and he could destroy it on a 5d plane too.

She hulk and galactus have also crossed to the real world..she hulk more than once

The fact is..m.xy is 5D..living tribunal is 16D...an astronomical difference in power...he could do to mxy's dimension..what mxy does to the 3D....his purpose however is balance....so unlike mxy..he dosent go around showing off

DarkSaint85
Destroying the multiverse? Tribunal could do that easily,hell..even eternity could do that...I remember SG hercules recreating the multiverse,celestials also created the multiverse too,reed richards with un destroyed and recreated the multiverse instantly..galactus during his fight with scrier and other nearly wiped out the MU by accident....living tribunal could do that on an hour basis if he wanted....and he could destroy it on a 5d plane too.

She hulk and galactus have also crossed to the real world..she hulk more than once

The fact is..m.xy is 5D..living tribunal is 16D...an astronomical difference in power...he could do to mxy's dimension..what mxy does to the 3D....his purpose however is balance....so unlike mxy..he dosent go around showing off

When Herc did it, he only recreated 98% (or whatever it was)...and was depowered.

Mxy CASUALLY did it, and implied he could do it all again, on a weekly basis. All those examples you've named can't do it casually.

THAT'S the difference in feats. You say LT can do it, but if we went by feats, he hasn't.

Not to mention, the use of dimensions as evidence of his superiority means nothing, no matter how many 1000s of comics you have.

zopzop
The writer forgot about it most likely.

It doesn't makes it an alternate reality.

Post the scan where it says so.
The writer forgot a key plot point? confused

abhilegend
Yes.

DarkSaint85

Sometimes, they forget that Superman is meant to win in every fight, and is the bestest ever.

Mr Master

That's comment. The site manager even says so just after the comment.

Its a comment from someone.
A "comment?" .. more like "excellent points" from one of Marvunapp's own roster.

Donald Campbell is one of the 'Masters of Obscure' over at Marvunapp: (bio writers)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/appmasts.htm

In fact, Jeff Christiansen (site Author/Owner)
even noted, for monthS Donald's been "supplementing & correcting errors in profiles,"
and evidently he writes, and helps write huge Marvel bio-profiles like the one below:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/russelljackww.htm

* You must've thought Marvunapp picked those "excellent points" out of a hat. ... but nah.

Next time research thoroughly before pointing fingers of fallacy at others.

And just because moon wasn't destroyed, it was a different reality?
Possibly, as the on panel evidence can be interpreted this way and as noted by a bio Writer over at Marvunapp.

Or it was a mistake on Gruenwald's part. Which again, can mean Gruenwald also forgot about the LT's barrier.

In What If 43 which happened after Quasar 30.
What If #43 has absolutely nothing to do with Quasar, in any way, shape or form.
What If #43 is a direct tie in/link follow up to What If #32, and nothing else.

What If #43 published February 1984 ... Quasar #30 published January 1992.

Again, if Gruenwald tried to jam his story into the original plot,
then he forgot about the LT's barrier, just like he definitely forgot about the Moon.
Or .. it was a different alternate reality. There's really no other explanations here.

And Quasar jumped before Korvac died.

Publishing date doesn't matters. Chronology does.
Even "chronologically" speaking it would make no sense.

This isn't even worth my efforts at this point.
stoned

AsbestosFlaygon
GEB can only be defeated by The Presence himself. Technically speaking, you could say he wasn't even defeated. He's more like the dark, evil version of The Presence.

LT was killed by a few Beyonders.

This is clearly a mismatch of epic proportion. Or maybe this is a bait thread, hmmm..

zopzop
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
GEB can only be defeated by The Presence himself. Technically speaking, you could say he wasn't even defeated. He's more like the dark, evil version of The Presence.

Yeah, the Presence. roll eyes (sarcastic)

A year or so ago, Quan and I (or at least I think it was Quan) pointed out all the times the Presence was in trouble and needed outside help.

Carnivore says : Hi. laughing

abhilegend
Yeah, the Presence. roll eyes (sarcastic)

A year or so ago, Quan and I (or at least I think it was Quan) pointed out all the times the Presence was in trouble and needed outside help.

Carnivore says : Hi. laughing
Plot device characters.

Reed says hi.

abhilegend
A "comment?" .. more like "excellent points" from one of Marvunapp's own roster.

Donald Campbell is one of the 'Masters of Obscure' over at Marvunapp: (bio writers)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/appmasts.htm

In fact, Jeff Christiansen (site Author/Owner)
even noted, for monthS Donald's been "supplementing & correcting errors in profiles,"
and evidently he writes, and helps write huge Marvel bio-profiles like the one below:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/russelljackww.htm

* You must've thought Marvunapp picked those "excellent points" out of a hat. ... but nah. So still nothing but comments.

Good.

I always do.

There is no evidence he forgot about the barrier.

It happened far after Korvac nullified the universe. Quasar happeened before that.

So?

Only if you want to apologise for LT's incompetence.

Of course it does.

fu

BeyonderGod
Up to 6 pages that fast? so is anyone picking between TLT or TGEB??

MaZeRaIII
LT.

theTANTALIZER
Pre retcon Molecule Man beats them both.

SquallX
Originally posted by theTANTALIZER
Pre retcon Molecule Man beats them both.

No.

It took The Presence to stop the GEB.

Last i check, the Beyonder was never, nor has ever been an Omnipotent being.

Time-Immemorial
This post and your other one in the other thread are spot on.

BeyonderGod
No.

It took The Presence to stop the GEB.

Handbook suggest Pre-Retcon Beyonder was.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by BeyonderGod
Handbook suggest Pre-Retcon Beyonder was.

Pre-Retcon Beyonder never existed in the first place, it's a fanmade mind-construct nothing more. Beyonder, when he appeared to stomp those Abstracts wasn't doing it, we the readers were just not aware of this fact till it was clarified later in a comic, which explained how powerful the beyonder really was and why it appeared that he beat those abstracts. This happens in comics. Fans call it retcon because they feel rekt because their fav char isn't that powerful but fact is this particular beyonder is below LT and it took 3 grown up Beyonders and some time to beat LT.

BeyonderGod
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Pre-Retcon Beyonder never existed in the first place, it's a fanmade mind-construct nothing more. Beyonder, when he appeared to stomp those Abstracts wasn't doing it, we the readers were just not aware of this fact till it was clarified later in a comic, which explained how powerful the beyonder really was and why it appeared that he beat those abstracts. This happens in comics. Fans call it retcon because they feel rekt because their fav char isn't that powerful but fact is this particular beyonder is below LT and it took 3 grown up Beyonders and some time to beat LT.
Pre-Retcon Beyonder >>>>>The Beyonders >>>>>>The Living tribunal

Dont care he exist and he has a name the Original/Classic/Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

Prof. T.C McAbe

He exists only in the minds of some fans, but never did in comics, however if you want to go the illogical route:

3 Beyonders (Marvel Omniverse) > Omniversal LT > 1 Beyonder (Marvel Omniverse) > Multiversal Beyonder (what you call pre-retcon Beyonder) > Multiversal LT.

The Beyonder back than worked only in the Marvel Multiverse, LT to our knowledge too, now he is in a Omniverse, if you insist that Marvel was a Omniverse during this story because of later revelations you have to accept that pre-retcon never was above LT because of similar later revelations, everything else is a double standard and wishful thinking.

Mr Master

Ahh, the american sense of humor.

Beyonder was omnipotent and omniscient.
But to make the series interesting, Beyonder limited himself greatly. (literally an on panel portrayed fact)

thumb up ... That's correct!

Pre-retcon Beyonder did exist, and then he was depowered by the next Editor in-chief of Marvel.

Also, Beyonder didn't come from the multiverse, and Beyonder didn't work for/in the multiverse either.

Beyonder was the embodiment of the endless infinity beyond the infinite multiverse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.