Anakin and Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
When Anakin and Obi-Wan face Dooku on The Invisible Hand, Obi-Wan says "This time we will do it together." As they fight Dooku says "I've been looking forward to this." Anakin responds with "My powers have doubled since the last time we met Count,." "Good," he responds "Twice the pride, double the fall.

Now we have the Clone Wars, in which Anakin duels the Count 6 more times! Once on Tatooine, twice on Naboo, one when Anakin only had a whip on Zygerria, with Obi-Wan on Obah Diah and finally a duel took place on a ship in Dark Disciple. The point is, how can they explain that dialogue in Episode III, that acts as if they haven't dueled since Geonosis, and please nobody say it was because Clone Wars was made 3 years after ROTS. I want a possible in-universe explanation for this.

The Merchant
Nothing really indicates in the dialogue that they were referring to Geonosis tbh.

DarthAnt66
It's certainly possible Anakin's powers "doubled" in his mind. We know for a fact he became "vastly more powerful" after Season 5.

As of Season 7, he was capable of already stalemating Dooku. And since then, he would only increase in power even more, to be honest.

Selenial
When did Season 7 of the Clone Wars air? mmm

SunRazer
It's just what Anakin says/believes, not something that's literally accurate (as with Obi-Wan being as strong as Mace and him being stronger than any Jedi, etc.) - although he did grow vastly in power in the final months of the Clone Wars. That could well be the reason for his purported "doubling" in power.

Stigma
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It's certainly possible Anakin's powers "doubled" in his mind. We know for a fact he became "vastly more powerful" after Season 5.

As of Season 7, he was capable of already stalemating Dooku. And since then, he would only increase in power even more, to be honest.
thumb up

quanchi112
Since when was there a season seven of clone wars ?

DarthAnt66
Season Seven is the unofficial name for The Clone Wars: Legacy (http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy).

It features Bad Batch saga (four episodes), the Utapau saga (four episodes), Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, and the new Dark Disciple.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
When Anakin and Obi-Wan face Dooku on The Invisible Hand, Obi-Wan says "This time we will do it together." As they fight Dooku says "I've been looking forward to this." Anakin responds with "My powers have doubled since the last time we met Count,." "Good," he responds "Twice the pride, double the fall.

Now we have the Clone Wars, in which Anakin duels the Count 6 more times! Once on Tatooine, twice on Naboo, one when Anakin only had a whip on Zygerria, with Obi-Wan on Obah Diah and finally a duel took place on a ship in Dark Disciple. The point is, how can they explain that dialogue in Episode III, that acts as if they haven't dueled since Geonosis, and please nobody say it was because Clone Wars was made 3 years after ROTS. I want a possible in-universe explanation for this.

And clone war is canon.. again for grievous and obiwan..... Their first fight happen on utapau....

The all point of ventress existance, is to allow anakin and obiwan to fight Dooku, without really fighting him. And ventress is in teh show....

The same for Ashoka Tano....
In the Ashoka Tano timline Anakin just murder palpatine...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.