The best all around character???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Which character in the Herald Tier is the best all around character? Can take on almost any opposition?

Time-Immemorial
Hulk duh

carver9
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Hulk duh

I said Herald tier...not skyfather.

Digi
Originally posted by carver9
Which character in the Herald Tier is the best all around character? Can take on almost any opposition?

Thor and Surfer. Maybe Dr. Strange. This is why Thor and Surfer are drafted in tourneys way more than Superman. It's nothing against Big Blue. His dials may go up to 11, but DC gave us more explicit ways of cracking his shell.

ghostman
mr majestic. superman like strength plus versatility and no weaknesses, speed, intelligence. plus the potential to for further growth. sigh... i wish they did him justice, so much potential to be top herald but dc threw him away. there simply is not enough room for a superman clone

Digi
Sure, throw Majestic into that group.

They could've kept Majestic. Just make him non-Earth-based. Like Gladiator at Marvel.

ghostman
Originally posted by Digi
Sure, throw Majestic into that group.

They could've kept Majestic. Just make him non-Earth-based. Like Gladiator at Marvel.

i agree, majestic is a top tier no doubt. but its hard to get shine as a clone, dc should just keep him in space

Time-Immemorial

Meh, you just mad cause you failed at stealing my Signature Idea.

carver9
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Meh, you just mad cause you failed at stealing my Signature Idea.

I got the same sig.

Time-Immemorial
I got the same sig.

Bullshit, dont you dare think about putting it up. If you do, you will be my carver boy.

"Id"
Surfer

Sin I AM
Thor

h1a8
Superman is the best character for brute force and speed.
Thor is best against magical threats.
Surfer is probably the best (although I prefer Thor against magical goes like loki) .

dynamix
^^lol, great signature!!

i'd say either thor or superman. both are strong, can fly, has option of long range attacks. the only thing that really distinguished the two is speed and fighting experience. Superman gets the speed dept and Thor gets the fighting experience dept, imo.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by dynamix
^^lol, great signature!!

i'd say either thor or superman. both are strong, can fly, has option of long range attacks. the only thing that really distinguished the two is speed and fighting experience. Superman gets the speed dept and Thor gets the fighting experience dept, imo.

Thanks!

I agree with you on your opinion as well.

riv6672
Originally posted by dynamix
^^lol, great signature!!

And the whole major weakness to magic thing.

Star428
Superman.

riv6672
^^^Yeah, thats who i meant has the major weakness. thumb up

-Pr-
Thor, Surfer and Superman.

StiltmanFTW

Hulk is a mere skyfather, iyo?

Insane Titan
Butterball.

He's rounder than Supes, Thor and Surfer combined.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Butterball.

He's rounder than Supes, Thor and Surfer combined.

Abhi will BZ you for that thumb up

Insane Titan
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Abhi will BZ you for that thumb up He wouldn't dare, BB's balls are to buttery for him.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Insane Titan
He wouldn't dare, BB's balls are to buttery for him.

He has scans of Supes' galaxy busting balls too, you know he has...

Prof. T.C McAbe
HH: Thanos
MH: Whis
LH: WBH

Insane Titan
Some time trolls try way to hard to get attention.

beatboks
Cyborg Superman, Dr. Strange, Genis-Vell, Silver Surfer, Thor,
Adam Warlock, Captain Atom, Cpt. Comet, Damien Hellstrom, Maxima, Shaman

All of these gut's are incredibly versatile and can cover quite a bit.

Stoic
If Starbrand were a Herald I'd place my money on him. It would be great if John Byrne came out of retirement, and did some work on a Starbrand title.

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
If Starbrand were a Herald I'd place my money on him. It would be great if John Byrne came out of retirement, and did some work on a Starbrand title.

I would place Starbrand at mid to high trans...probably higher than that. I can't see a single trans tier holding their own against the team Starbrand fought 'while holding back'. Then he killed a Beyonder.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Stoic
I'd rather Starbrand be anything rather than have to hear that egoistic a-hole again. Did you see his recent convo with Slott. Nobody wants anyhting to do with him

Mindship
In terms of sheer power + versatility: Surfer, hands down. As his bio always says, it's not a question of what he can do, but what he can't. He's Swiss Knife Plus. However ... I'm interpreting "best all around character" as also involving how the public regards the hero, if they're comfortable with his presence and see him as a relatable defender. For this, I take some cue from the Superman/Surfer crossover: essentially, Surfer was feared (to where the whole Skrull fleet hightailed it out of there), while Superman was beloved (this actually impressing the Surfer). This is not even taking into account how the Superman character is regarded in the real world, whereas, as artist Julie Bell once put it, the Surfer is something of an acquired taste.

Superman's power + his public relations = best A.A.C, especially if also considering real-world regard.

Supermex
The Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.