CA:Civil War/Doctor Strange vs BvS:DOJ/Suicide Squad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

playa1258
Who will take home the box office crown?

Inhuman
who cares. They will all make a shit load of money.

Time-Immemorial
Good lord..have we gotten this stupid.

No offense to op.

playa1258
Thank Quan.

quanchi112
Why isn't Star Wars Rogue One included in this ?

Quincy
DC Wins

playa1258
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why isn't Star Wars Rogue One included in this ?

Not a Marvel film.

Impediment
Batman Vs. Superman will win, no doubt.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Not a Marvel film. They are marvel comics characters owned by Disney. Dc can't touch Star Wars.

laughing out loud

Quincy
Originally posted by Impediment
Batman Vs. Superman will win, no doubt.

playa1258
They are marvel comics characters owned by Disney. Dc can't touch Star Wars.

laughing out loud

Nope. Marvel Studios is producing Cap and DS. Lucasfilm is producing Star Wars, two totally different studios.

Adam Grimes
CA3 > BvS
Suicide squad > Doctor Strange

quanchi112
Nope. Marvel Studios is producing Cap and DS. Lucasfilm is producing Star Wars, two totally different studios. Disney owns them and they are all marvel characters. laughing out loud

Star Wars>>>Batman and Superman.

laughing out loud

playa1258
Ok I'm going to include Harry Potter and LOTR into the DC count.

Zack M
DC will likely beat Marvel's first 10 films in total Box Office. DC would likely win this match up of films.

quanchi112
Ok I'm going to include Harry Potter and LOTR into the DC count.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/23614/welcome_home_star_wars

That's me backing my claims while you continue to say stupid shit.

Voldemort>>>dc.

playa1258
Harry Potter is WB therefore, it counts for DC.

quanchi112
Harry Potter is WB therefore, it counts for DC.

Is Harry Potter an ongoing comic book series published by dc monthly ? Nah. One more time.

Click the link, dummy.

Quincy
What if the characters were in a DC comic at any point?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Quincy
What if the characters were in a DC comic at any point? Marvel and dc comics characters have went back and forth as well.

Look.

Welcome home, Star Wars.

You dc apologists are hysterical.

playa1258
Star Wars is not ****ing Marvel and part of the ****ing MCU. Quit trolling.

BruceSkywalker
Cap Civil War will win.. but who the frack cares???

don;t people know WE ALL CAN LOVE BOTH COMPANIES.. deal with that instead some dumbass made up war in people;s minds...

quanchi112
Star Wars is not ****ing Marvel and part of the ****ing MCU. Quit trolling. Yes, they are marvel comics characters. Quit trolling, kiddo. This thread was created for me because of the cowardice of dc fans.

Zack M
laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack M
laughing out loud Marvel wins.

playa1258
Marvel loses I agree.

quanchi112
Marvel loses I agree. Want to tally up the totals now ?

Dc is in awe of what marvel has accomplished.

playa1258
DC has made some bank too.

quanchi112
DC has made some bank too. Nowhere near what marvel is now doing. They are aping marvel. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

playa1258
DCCU has a completely different tone.

quanchi112
DCCU has a completely different tone. Whole combined cinematic thing. Marvel has been at it for years while dc is pulling a mini jla version in their second combined film.

laughing out loud

Robtard

If BvS makes over a billion in profit, quan's going to shit dicks again and do one of two things:

A) Make excuses
B) Bandwagonboy on over to DC

juggerman
Originally posted by Robtard
If BvS makes over a billion in profit, quan's going to shit dicks again and do one of two things:

A) Make excuses
B) Bandwagonboy on over to DC

C) Make excuses THEN bandwagonboy on over to DC

quanchi112

A) Make excuses
B) Bandwagonboy on over to DC nolan's batman films banked did I champion them ? You also said I'd love general zod and man of steel. You simply have no idea what I'll do but don't stop worrying about it. Don't ever.

thumb up

Zack M

thumb up Batman has been breaking records for decades now.

Inhuman
thumb up Batman has been breaking records for decades now.

Which is why wb/dc's strategy is "stick batman in every movie from now on"

Decent strategy TBH, providing Batmans popularity.

Zack M
Originally posted by Inhuman
Which is why wb/dc's strategy is "stick batman in every movie from now on"

Decent strategy TBH, providing Batmans popularity.

Right, because the first few movies means every movie, right? :/

Inhuman
Right, because the first few movies means every movie, right? :/

Yes.

Plus every future movie in the DCU will most likely have the dark "batman" type tone to it. The spirit of Batman will be in all future films. thumb up

quanchi112
Yes.

Plus every future movie in the DCU will most likely have the dark "batman" type tone to it. The spirit of Batman will be in all future films. thumb up thumb up

Zack M
Yes.

Plus every future movie in the DCU will most likely have the dark "batman" type tone to it. The spirit of Batman will be in all future films. thumb up

sad

If he's going to be in GLC, Aquaman, and WW, then you'd have a point. As of now, you don't.

quanchi112
sad

If he's going to be in GLC, Aquaman, and WW, then you'd have a point. As of now, you don't. He told you what he meant so why show an inability to understand it.

Zack M
Suicide Squad jumped up to #3 on IMDB's most popular of 2016. BVS being #1.

Joker will reign supreme once again. This thing already has more hype than most super hero movies released.

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?year=2016,2016&title_type=feature&sort=moviemeter,asc

quanchi112
Suicide Squad jumped up to #3 on IMDB's most popular of 2016. BVS being #1.

Joker will reign supreme once again. This thing already has more hype than most super hero movies released.

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?year=2016,2016&title_type=feature&sort=moviemeter,asc You're an idiot.

Inhuman

Batman & Joker are DC's "go to guys". They will ride on their popularity. Every one else takes a back seat to them always.
No surprises here.

Meh, I like those characters as well even if they are overused.jr_erm01

Zack M
Batman & Joker are DC's "go to guys". They will ride on their popularity. Every one else takes a back seat to them always.
No surprises here.

Meh, I like those characters as well even if they are overused.jr_erm01

That's one of the things I'm worried about. Truth be told, I don't want to see Batman in EVERY movie. I doubt, WB will go that route. Aquaman will be his own movie, Flash will be his own movie, SHAZAM will be his own movie, etc...

Batman has an appearance in Suicide Squad, because it's a team of Batman's most popular villains. It's a no brainer that Batman's going to be in it and it makes sense.

Aquaman? SHAZAM? Green Lantern? Not so much. I doubt Ben would do that, anyway. He's a busy man directing his own movies on top of Batman and Justice League.

playa1258
Captain America:Civil War 425 million Domestic 1.3 billion WW
Doctor Strange: 210 million domestic 550 million WW

BvSbig grinawn of Justice $560 million Domestic $1.6 billion WW
Suicide Squad: $270 million domestic $720 million WW

Adam Grimes
God, I'm going to hate DCCU.

jaden101
Personally I'd rather a film be good than make tons of money if it has to be one or the other. Age of Ultron took a massive amount and was relatively weak compared with Winter Soldier and the first Avengers movie. Marvel are at some point going to start suffering from audience fatigue especially now that many of them serve no other purpose than to set up Infinity Wars.

Dr Strange will need some serious marketing if it's to make good money. I have almost zero interest in that, black panther inhumans.

Robtard
nolan's batman films banked did I champion them ? You also said I'd love general zod and man of steel. You simply have no idea what I'll do but don't stop worrying about it. Don't ever.

thumb up

Yes, you did actually. Are you now claiming they suck? Lol

Stop lying, you loved MoS and bought the Bluray.

quanchi112
Yes, you did actually. Are you now claiming they suck? Lol

Stop lying, you loved MoS and bought the Bluray. No, you simply worry too much about me.

No, you forced your own family to watch a movie where Superman snaps a guys neck.

laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Originally posted by jaden101
Personally I'd rather a film be good than make tons of money if it has to be one or the other. Age of Ultron took a massive amount and was relatively weak compared with Winter Soldier and the first Avengers movie.

It matters if we want sequels and spin off's.

Green Lantern's failure put DC's planned DCCU on hold for a few years, and they completely revamped their plans in response.

Kazenji
Making sure the movie is actually good for starters is more important then just making money imo.

jaden101
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Green Lantern's failure put DC's planned DCCU on hold for a few years, and they completely revamped their plans in response.

Green Lantern was neither good or made money so your point isn't really relevant.

Films shouldn't be written purely to lead into sequels. It's the reason some films end up being far worse than they could've been. Prometheus for example. Suffered for not being a self contained story. Made less domestically than its production budget and it's only getting a sequel on the back of foreign box office numbers. It's a miracle it's getting a sequel at all given it didn't make much money compared to what it should've done. It had hype that it's sequel won't given people know it didn't live up to it. But again it's problem was that it NEEDED a sequel to finish the story.

It's predecessors Alien and Aliens are highly regarded because they are brilliant films in their own rights and didn't need a sequel to finish their story arcs .

quanchi112

Green Lantern's failure put DC's planned DCCU on hold for a few years, and they completely revamped their plans in response. Green Lantern was pure trash. It deserved to fail IMO.

Juk3n
Tony Stark being a co- leading figure in CW will give it the nod overall.

Squad will trump Strange. But Sinister Six Would trump Squad, no doubt.

Zack M
Batman is just as popular if not more so than Iron Man. I don't see Civil War making more than AOU.

Juk3n
Depends how they market Tonys role. Tony v Cap is an absolute popcorn fest, well so is S v B, but avengers have a broader appeal. Not by much, but by enough.

playa1258
No way is Iron Man more popular then Batman.

Zack M
Originally posted by Juk3n
Depends how they market Tonys role. Tony v Cap is an absolute popcorn fest, well so is S v B, but avengers have a broader appeal. Not by much, but by enough.

Eh, I don't know about that. TDKR sold more tickets on opening weekend than AOU. the only reason Avengers made more was because of the 3-D bump. IF the same people go see BVS it could very well set an OW record.

quanchi112
No way is Iron Man more popular then Batman. Times they are a changin'.

playa1258
Let me know when Iron Man has the run of success Batman has had since the mid 80's.

Zack M
Or the record for admissions. TDK>>>The Avengers.

quanchi112
Let me know when Iron Man has the run of success Batman has had since the mid 80's. I didn't say he had a run like Batman has id say today he's more pilar than Batman is.

Robert Downey >>Batman actors.

Zack M
Let me know when Iron Man has the run of success Batman has had since the mid 80's.

Nothing beats the bat. thumb up Spider-Man comes very close though.

playa1258
Batman has surged ahead of Spider-man now.

playa1258
I didn't say he had a run like Batman has id say today he's more pilar than Batman is.

Robert Downey >>Batman actors.

Bale is an Oscar winner and multiple time nominee.

quanchi112
Bale is an Oscar winner and multiple time nominee. Bale's awful batman voice is mocked to this day. Downey is simply magic while bale is busy telling off film workers or beating his sister up.

playa1258
That rant was funny.

Kazenji
His voice is only mocked to this day only because some people fail to hear what he's saying.

Darth Thor
People mock Golem to this day as well, doesn't mean Andy Serkis was bad, or that people hate Golem or LOTR.

People do mock franchises and characters they like.

StiltmanFTW
You mean Gollum, right?

Golems are entirely different creatures stick out tongue

Bardock42
Vs Thread, Golems vs Gollums

quanchi112
People mock Golem to this day as well, doesn't mean Andy Serkis was bad, or that people hate Golem or LOTR.

People do mock franchises and characters they like. It is because the batman voice became progressively worse throughout the series.

BruceSkywalker
That rant was funny.

i had no problem with that rant

Robtard

Fanboys are funny that way, they'll outright ignore facts.

Watchmen is one of my favorite comic based films, but I'd never claim it's more popular and/or made more money than IM or Batman.

Quincy
WELL THEN IT'S A FAILURE ROB. GOD.

Robtard
WELL THEN IT'S A FAILURE ROB. GOD.

inorite, it only made 55mil in profit, that means it has to suck.

Darth Thor
It is because the batman voice became progressively worse throughout the series.

I agree. And it's nice to make fun of.

Doesn't mean I didn't love Bale in the role.

The Nolan Batman is the 1 DC Property which apparently "proves" you're not biased against DC. Clearly you can't even help yourself in calling the main actor "terrible" in the franchise you apparently liked.

Robtard
DT, why do you bother. He loves doing flips and making excuses. eg He's gone from saying he liked IM3 to saying it was "awful", depending on which version fits the current need. Watch.

quanchi112
I agree. And it's nice to make fun of.

Doesn't mean I didn't love Bale in the role.

The Nolan Batman is the 1 DC Property which apparently "proves" you're not biased against DC. Clearly you can't even help yourself in calling the main actor "terrible" in the franchise you apparently liked. I Liked the films but his batman voice got progressively worse to me. Unlike you I can enjoy a film but not every aspect of it. Teehee.

quanchi112
DT, why do you bother. He loves doing flips and making excuses. eg He's gone from saying he liked IM3 to saying it was "awful", depending on which version fits the current need. Watch. Nah, you're the one who claimed I'd love man of steel. You had people laughing at you for it but you wouldn't stop. You're a simple guy.

Adam Grimes
But you loved MoS, don't lie Quanny.

Robtard
Nah, you're the one who claimed I'd love man of steel. You had people laughing at you for it but you wouldn't stop. You're a simple guy.

Proof of your claims? Cos I can show proof to what I said:

In regards to Cap1 and IM3
I am but I disagree. Those movies both stunk. I am as objective as it gets. I shot your theory the **** down.

I liked cap 2. Im2,3.

"I liked" and "it stunk" does not gel well together. FYI.

ps Everyone knows you bought the Bluray of MoS

quanchi112
Proof of your claims? Cos I can show proof to what I said:

In regards to Cap1 and IM3

"I liked" and "it stunk" does not gel well together. FYI.

ps Everyone knows you bought the Bluray of MoS That's a typo or you edited my comment. I liked the first two iron man films. The third one was bad.

Why would I buy that piece of shit ?

Quincy
But you can see the original post

quanchi112
But you can see the original post Did you not see the word typo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
But you loved MoS, don't lie Quanny. Shut up, nerd.

Adam Grimes
Shut up, nerd. Lol @ the irony, bro.

playa1258
SS is going to beat DS easily.

quanchi112
Lol @ the irony, bro. ??

Adam Grimes
?? #ConcessionAccepted

quanchi112
#ConcessionAccepted You don't even use it correctly, padawan.

Adam Grimes
You don't even use it correctly, padawan. I use it better than you'll ever do.

quanchi112
I use it better than you'll ever do. Ridiculous. You're a pretender.

Adam Grimes
Ridiculous. You're a pretender. I am the better, Quan, get over it n' move on.

quanchi112
I am the better, Quan, get over it n' move on. No, you're forgettable and lackluster in every way. I make everything better.

Adam Grimes
No, you're forgettable and lackluster in every way. I make everything better. I can't get used to your bizarro posts, sorry mate.

quanchi112
I can't get used to your bizarro posts, sorry mate. Concession accepted.

Adam Grimes
Concession accepted. Yeah bro, I already accepted your behind-of-me status. Don't go so hard on yourself.

quanchi112
Yeah bro, I already accepted your behind-of-me status. Don't go so hard on yourself. You walked right into that concession. Just get out of here already, loser.

Adam Grimes
You walked right into that concession. Just get out of here already, loser. You're still Bizarro-ing me? I'm sorry either way, bro. sad

quanchi112
You're still Bizarro-ing me? I'm sorry either way, bro. sad Chill out, nerd.

Robtard
But you can see the original post

He still hasn't figured out that quoting links to the original post.

quanchi112
He still hasn't figured out that quoting links to the original post. That is why I said a typo. I liked the first two iron man films.

Quincy
Oh so you meant to write "Both of those movies are good and I like them" but instead accidentally wrote "both of those movies stunk."

Classic auto-correct.

Adam Grimes
Chill out, nerd. Catch up, sport.

quanchi112
Oh so you meant to write "Both of those movies are good and I like them" but instead accidentally wrote "both of those movies stunk."

Classic auto-correct. I said iron man 1,2 are good not 3. Why can't you ever follow along, ugly ?

quanchi112
Catch up, sport. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Quincy
I said iron man 1,2 are good not 3. Why can't you ever follow along, ugly ?

Oh and he's childish too

https://media2.giphy.com/media/xpkphY2jnnfos/200.gif

quanchi112
Oh and he's childish too

https://media2.giphy.com/media/xpkphY2jnnfos/200.gif I see you are still upset due to the hideous nature of your face and rather pathetic body frame. Do something about it, geek.

Quincy
According to you The Last Airbender is an awesome movie.

Your opinion is suspect.

quanchi112
According to you The Last Airbender is an awesome movie.

Your opinion is suspect. Liked it a lot. I don't care what you and other weaklings think.

Adam Grimes
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. You don't have anything worth copying, lackluster boy.

playa1258
So it is agreed BvS/SS will win?

quanchi112
You don't have anything worth copying, lackluster boy. Shhhhh, kid.

Robtard

Classic auto-correct.

Lawlz

quanchi112
Lawlz ??

Zack M
LMAO.

quanchi112
LMAO. ???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.