recomended ps3 games ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dika123
all good ps3 games including japan' games too smile

Star428
XCOM: Enemy Within (not for MP mode though as it's buggy as Hell), Magic 2013, Fallout: New Vegas, Alpha Protocol, Risk, Pure Chess, Wheel of Fortune, Cabela's Danerous Hunts 09, Sniper Elite V2.

I'm sure there's many others but those are some good ones I like on PS3. Just make sure if you get XCOM:EW that you get the disc instead of the PSN download unless you enjoy having the game/system crash everytime base defense mission comes up. I highly recommend that game if you like turn-based squad tactics and sort of real time base management. Also, I recommend the edition (I forgot what it's called) that comes with all the extra DL material if you can find it. Like I said though, MP mode is a pain in the *** with all the bugs. But SP is maybe the best SP game I've played in my entire life.

Kazenji
Dragon's crown
Uncharted 1-3

dika123
so far this is my list of games that i want to buy :
- god of war saga collection
- fallout 3
- prototype 1 and 2
- gta v
- killzone 2
- mass effect 2
- uncharted 2 and 3
- dead space 2
- call of duty 4 : modern warfare
- crysis 3
- dante's inferno
- castelvelenia 2
- battlefield 4
- the last of us
- darksoul 2
-elder scroll V : skyrim
-read dead redemption
- minecraft (ps3 ver.)
- playstation all star battle royale.

what next games i am should buy for ps3 ?

Star428
I played a trial version of "The Last of Us" a while back. The graphics were nice but other than that, I didn't care for it. I've never played any Fallout game other than New Vegas but I've heard from other people (like some of my PSN friends) who've played both New Vegas and Fallout 3 that NV is the superior game of the two. I've been thinking about getting Borderlands 2 but after seeing the screenshots of game I've been having second thoughts. Graphics look weird and boring.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Star428
I've been thinking about getting Borderlands 2 but after seeing the screenshots of game I've been having second thoughts. Graphics look weird and boring.

no expression

Star428
Originally posted by Kazenji
no expression

confused

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Kazenji
no expression Yeah, lol at that.

Quincy
Last of Us, Valkyria Chronicles, The Uncharted Series

Estacado
Darksiders 1-2,Last of Us,Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1-2,Batman Arkham games,Skyrim,injustice

Arachnid1
I've been thinking about getting Borderlands 2 but after seeing the screenshots of game I've been having second thoughts. Graphics look weird and boring. If you can look past that, its an awesome game. Definitely recommended

Adam Grimes
You should play RDR, ME trilogy, DA: Inquisition, Bioshock 1/2 or Telltale TWD asap.

Quincy
Oh I second the telltale walking dead.

Or telltale wolf among us

Adam Grimes
thumb upthumb up

Based
Last of Us for sure.

Kazenji
Demon Souls is another one to get.

Star428
Originally posted by Arachnid1
If you can look past that, its an awesome game. Definitely recommended

I'll think about it. Unfortunately, PSN doesn't have a demo/trial verrsion so I can't experiment with it first to see if I'll like it. I'm not to crazy about games that rely on reflexes too much. That's correct, right? No Turn-based mechanics to the game?

Kazenji
No turn based mechanics, Think of it more like Diablo 3 but with guns.

Star428
Never played that one either. Is it RPG?

Kazenji
Yes, More of a Action/RPG like Borderlands.

jinXed by JaNx
At the moment the only gaming experiences unique to the PS3 that stick out for me are...,

Last of us
Unchartered series
Infamous 1&2
Heavy Rain
Resistance series

These are some of the only titles that appealed to me and made me satisfied with buying a PS3. There is a vast amount of other exclusive titles for the system such as, RPGs and independent/arcade titles but i found better ones elsewhere.

Star428
I don't understand what people think is so great about "The Last of Us" other than very good graphics and a mediocre story. I tried a trial version of it and couldn't get into it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by dika123
so far this is my list of games that i want to buy :
- god of war saga collection
- fallout 3
- prototype 1 and 2
- gta v
- killzone 2
- mass effect 2
- uncharted 2 and 3
- dead space 2
- call of duty 4 : modern warfare
- crysis 3
- dante's inferno
- castelvelenia 2
- battlefield 4
- the last of us
- darksoul 2
-elder scroll V : skyrim
-read dead redemption
- minecraft (ps3 ver.)
- playstation all star battle royale.

what next games i am should buy for ps3 ?
Infamous 1 and 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Demon's Souls
Resistance 1-3
ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Heavy Rain
Journey
Little Big Planet 2 (some of the custom online levels are amazing)

Adam Grimes
I don't understand what people think is so great about "The Last of Us" other than very good graphics and a mediocre story. I tried a trial version of it and couldn't get into it. Different strokes for different folks I guess. If you played a trial version how would you know it has a 'mediocre' story?

Star428
From some of my friends (both real life and PSN ones) telling me. I often ask my friends about games I'm thinking of buying.

dika123
well, i am gonna buy all of this next few month

walshy
Did you purposely leave it this long so the games would come down in price? You almost waited a year.. You should just get a ps4 at this point

Smasandian
Probably. You can probably get a lot of those games used and a pretty good discount.

Jmanghan
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will last you quite a bit. (It also has more content then the PC version.)

TES V: Skyrim.

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns (Hate the story, but there are bad-ass moments, and the combat is leagues better then the first two games.)

Dark Souls Games.

Batman Arkham Games.

Borderlands 2.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by walshy
Did you purposely leave it this long so the games would come down in price? You almost waited a year.. You should just get a ps4 at this point The PS3 as it stands NOW, has a better game library then the PS4.

Bentley
Originally posted by Jmanghan
The PS3 as it stands NOW, has a better game library then the PS4.

That's because PS4 so far is full of mild disappointments and respectufully complete games that are far from system sellers.

The mediocre line ups for the current generation is going to push hardcore gamers slowly but surely into PC games.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Bentley
That's because PS4 so far is full of mild disappointments and respectufully complete games that are far from system sellers.

The mediocre line ups for the current generation is going to push hardcore gamers slowly but surely into PC games. Nah, the PS4 has a bright FUTURE ahead of it.

Besides, PC Gaming is too expensive.

Smasandian
Also, you run into the same issues with PC. The lack of games on the PS4 is also prevalent on the PC.

Obviously there are more games on the PC, but most are shit or developed specifically for mouse/keyboard (RTS, sims and etc.) and if you are into those genres, you would have a PC anyways.

But in the end, I don't believe current gen have a lack of software. It's something that has been said previously and somehow turned into fact. Look at the past fall/winter season, a lot of games came out and a lot of them were really, really good.

Bentley
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Nah, the PS4 has a bright FUTURE ahead of it

Time will tell.

As Smasan said, the game development times have slowed down pretty much everywhere, then you have Sony and Microsoft wishing for shorter hardware life spans. The PS4 can disappear without ever having noteworthy content as far as we can tell (of course, if that happened the console market would be shooting themselves in the foot).

Smasandian
Not sure why you think MS is wishing for shorter life spans.

It seems both companies were willing to wait as long as possible for the 360/PS3 to be replaced. It costs a **** ton of money to produce a console at the start of its cycle.

It's one of the reasons why these consoles are considered overpowered because companies are not willing to lose money on each sale like they did before.

In the end, if both consoles go away, it's would be the worst thing possible for the industry because you will not see AAA titles anymore because the console audience will not automatically move to a much more expensive and complicated platform in the PC market. They would just stop playing them all together, or go all mobile.

Surtur
When it comes to games only on the ps3 I will also say...Infamous. I just love zapping a dude in the god damn face with lightning and then sucking the lifeforce out of him just because I can.

Bentley
Originally posted by Smasandian
Not sure why you think MS is wishing for shorter life spans.

MS probably wouldn't choose to take a beating for three extra years just to allow Sony to make profit. It could be more intelligent to out-finance Sony's game department by leaning on MS's superior budget.

But of course, maybe MS would rather drop gaming consoles altogether? In that case extending Xbone's life span makes sense (making it win money before shooting the horse in the head).

Smasandian
Meh, it doesn't matter if Sony is beating them in total sales.

All that matters is that the Xbox One is making a profit. They will continue to support it until it does not.

Xbox 360 didn't make a profit per sale for quite a long time. While I haven't seen anything to suggest the Xbox One is the same way, I do remember seeing somewhere that this current console generation is making money per console sale already. It's one of the reasons why they are "underpowered" compared the previous generation.

Jesus McBurger
Imo twisted metal is a really fun PS3 game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.