Realistically, how powerful is Kyle Katarn?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
So he's beaten jerec, done incredible stuff while untrained and beaten seven highly dangerous Dark Jedi while untrained. Then afterwords, Katarn is empowered by the Valley of the Jedi, defeats reborn, Tavion Axmis, and a man who was able to bring down a bridge with a gesture and duel Luke skywalker.

Then there's his feats and accolades after these events.

Use a character like Mace or Obi-Wan to set the bar for Kyle.

I personally think, he's nearing Obi-Wan level perhaps?

Zenwolf
Eh didn't he really just beat Jerec due to cutting the latter from The Force? It wasn't really a fight was it?

Or well as I'm reading it anyway he just cut Jerec off and then cut him down, he also had his Trooper and Jedi(abit very short) training to fall back on when he fought against those 7 Dark Jedi and from what I'm reading, he didn't do so hot in any of the fights.

Now as far as later on, yeah....that's good. I could see him as Obi-Wan, maybe a tad better? Though still on that area.

carthage
He didn't actually beat them with his own skill, he had Qu Rahn give him tips and direct his blade on occasion and he actually had some Imperial training. Im not sure where to rank him in sheer skill, maybe on par with Ven Zallow or Qui Gon Jinn? He hasn't got the feats to put on Kenobi's level of skill, he's probably more powerful though.

EmperorSidious2
Hes powerful enough that Darth Caedus considered him a threat.

Stigma
He's above Darth Bane, but below Quinlan Vos.

FreshestSlice
Dooku-tier, but weaker than Dooku himself.

Emperordmb
Somewhere between Grievous and Dooku IMO

Nephthys
Kenobi level.

NewGuy01
Yeah, he's not as good as Obi-Wan or Mace, IMO. He's probably a cut below Mara in terms of straight-up ability.

Raptor22
Originally posted by carthage
He didn't actually beat them with his own skill, he had Qu Rahn give him tips and direct his blade on occasion and he actually had some Imperial training. Im not sure where to rank him in sheer skill, maybe on par with Ven Zallow or Qui Gon Jinn? He hasn't got the feats to put on Kenobi's level of skill, he's probably more powerful though. thumb up

Tho i think i rank kyle lower than most do here. I cant even think of any feats worth noting thru the NJO, The Dark Nest, LotF, or FotJ series.

NewGuy01
I suppose by more measurable terms, he should be a cut above the Ven Zallow/Aryn Leneer figures, while remaining pretty firmly below the high tiers like the Hero of Tython.

SunRazer
Agreed with NewGuy01.

Revanchiste

FreshestSlice
Out of the part of which I was actually able to understand, which is limited, you should know other Jedi, notably Jacen, used Lightning and TK far more potently, and that despite Kyle saying there are no "bad or even evil" powers, that's actually not true. Using both only weakens him, unless you're a special snowflake like Revan. I'm also not sure what the last part even meant. What does that have to do with how powerful Kyle is?

Darth Abonis
He's the Chuck Norris of Star Wars

NewGuy01
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I'm also not sure what the last part even meant. What does that have to do with how powerful Kyle is?

I think he's saying Kyle has no morals. laughing

Fated Xtasy
While I have you guys here. I know that Kyle gains force lightning as he progresses through jedi outcast, but has he any showings with FL in any of his appearances? Just curious, because I don't really know whether this is the only time he's seen with FL or something. Thanks in advanced!

NewGuy01
I don't believe he does.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I think he's saying Kyle has no morals. laughing
Despite all his efforts to be Dad Katarn, sure, he;s right.

I think Kyle uses Lightning during JA gameplay, but nothing substantial.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.