Who shows more restraint

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HulkIsHulk
Who restraints himself more against opponents, Superman or Thor? Give reasons, scans considering their mindsets and opponents when giving your opinions

Insane Titan
Paks Hulk, he was a multiverse buster if he had gone all out.

deathslash
PR probably shows the most restraint.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by deathslash

laughing out loud

This.

deathslash
On a more serious note though, Superman shows more restraint than thor.

Flyattractor
Can you really "Restrain" yourself when you main attack is hitting people with a hammer?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Can you really "Restrain" yourself when you main attack is hitting people with a hammer?

laughing

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I beleive you can restraint as much as when your are punching someone in the face

Surtur
Superman has massive amounts of super speed and almost never uses it to his advantage. But then you have to wonder is that due to the character or due to writing.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Surtur
Superman has massive amounts of super speed and almost never uses it to his advantage. But then you have to wonder is that due to the character or due to writing.
Both I say. If you pucnh a villain in the face at lightspeed, then nobody is left to rescue around

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Surtur

It's one in the same. Writers can't create stories first someone who is in constant super speed mode, so they've made it his personality not to use it the vast majority of the time, which if course would be stupid in a real world sense.

Surtur
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Both I say. If you pucnh a villain in the face at lightspeed, then nobody is left to rescue around

I understand this, but you see some people acting like Superman has a legit hang up about super speed and using it, as if he thinks the speed force killed Krypton or something.

I'd say it has to be more the writers then his own character. Yeah, he doesn't like to hurt people and he sometimes might hold back or take hits to see how powerful someone is. But..there are still plenty of instances where it would make sense for him to use it. He doesn't have to kill people in order to disable them at super speed, and he doesn't even need to use more then 1/10th of his speed against most people to blitz them.

You have to figure a guy who is all about not killing would be keen on ending situations as quickly as possible. I have no problem with comics doing this because it needs to be done to have stories. But in a debate..well, in a comic anyone can beat anyone, just depends on the writer and situation. It's not so easy to debate.

h1a8
How is this a thread? Superman shows more restraint because he doesn't kill. Thor has killed and attempted to kill many beings. I'd you piss Thor off he will try to kill you. Superman will only kill if he has no choice (Doomsday or zod).
Also Superman has mental blocks from childhood.

ShadowFyre
Well ones a barbarian viking warrior who stays drunk and ****s a different wench every week and quite often kills his opponemt with a giant hammer for the sake of battle. The other is a virgin named clark kent.

So Thor shows more restraint.

Star428
Originally posted by h1a8
How is this a thread? Superman shows more restraint because he doesn't kill. Thor has killed and attempted to kill many beings. I'd you piss Thor off he will try to kill you. Superman will only kill if he has no choice (Doomsday or zod).

Agreed. Superman probably holds back more than any other character in all of comics.

Genii96
Pffft...thor has noted that he always holds back when on the planet...all heroes hold back,as they don't want to kill. Killing when he has no choice and going all out when the opponent's power demands it....

-Pr-

You have no idea.

HulkIsHulk
Geez what rubbish
Originally posted by -Pr-
You have no idea.
I beleive we have some idea

Time-Immemorial
Kal

HulkIsHulk
Bump

StiltmanFTW

Still this.

Delta1938
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Still this.

It's because he cast a spell of calmness on himself via his leprechaun magick.

StiltmanFTW
Damn. I thought he was born that way.

Mindset
You have no idea. laughing out loud

Sin I AM
Pretty much any cosmic who sits on their ass while the universe gets threatened. Id lovd to read a book where doom gets snuffed for thinking about taking some shit over

Badabing
You have no idea. Your restraint irks me. sneer

Sin I AM
You have no idea.

u like being restrained?

deathslash
Originally posted by Badabing
Your restraint irks me. sneer shut up vader. You won't pollute luke.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM
u like being restrained?

laughing

Badabing
shut up vader. You won't pollute luke. darthvadur

StiltmanFTW
Little known fact:

Bada actually made a cameo in Episode V!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/22/95/d6/2295d6c044ff294a5e6921a8f00007cd.jpg

Badabing
Little known fact:

Bada actually made a cameo in Episode V!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/22/95/d6/2295d6c044ff294a5e6921a8f00007cd.jpg thumb up

Delta1938
Damn. I thought he was born that way.

He was. He came out of the womb with diminutive size and a kickass beard few are worthy of.

h1a8
Superman doesn't use speed some of the time due to the writers, not his character. There are many inconsistencies where he used it and where he didn't that proves it. I'm not referring to speed as in punching (of course he holds back) but as in sheer movement and perceptions.
In reality, if Superman actually existed then he would be nigh untouchable whenever he wanted to be.

HulkIsHulk
Superman doesn't use speed some of the time due to the writers, not his character. There are many inconsistencies where he used it and where he didn't that proves it. I'm not referring to speed as in punching (of course he holds back) but as in sheer movement and perceptions.
In reality, if Superman actually existed then he would be nigh untouchable whenever he wanted to be.
Could be said the same of several of Thor's abilities. Heck, that could be applied to pretty much any character

carver9
Thor shows more restraint.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Thor shows more restraint.

Carver9. Saying stupid things on KMC since 2004.

One Big Mob
Superboy Prime

carver9
Only Superman fans dispute what I said.

ShadowFyre
Superman definitely holds back when it comes to things like vagina, being a baddass, being a man, having intelligent fans etc. I honestly would just kill myself if I were Superman....but he would just hold back.

Juntai
Kal does.

Delta1938
Only Superman fans dispute what I said.

Only you would make the arguments you do.

DarkSaint85
Carver is 100% correct.

I say this, because in OWAW, Superman tears through Imperiex probes like tissue paper, for such a long time he has no idea how long he's been going.

In carver's eyes, those probes are High Herald, and could shrug off HH attacks:

And Imperiex probes are being drafted even though they were shaking off damage from high heralds.

IOW, if Superman can tear through High Heralds like tissue paper, for days on end...he must be Trans, if not Skyfather.

Carver is such a Superman fan.

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Carver is 100% correct.

I say this, because in OWAW, Superman tears through Imperiex probes like tissue paper, for such a long time he has no idea how long he's been going.

IOW, if Superman can tear through High Heralds like tissue paper, for days on end...he must be Trans, if not Skyfather.

Your logic is sound.

DarkSaint85
Of course it is. The Carvatar smiles upon me.

Delta1938
Of course it is. The Carvatar smiles upon me.

Blessed be all that bask in the light of the Carvatar!!

carver9
Originally posted by Delta1938
Only you would make the arguments you do.

Who has said they are not holding back more often than not? Thor or Superman?

Delta1938
Who has said they are not holding back more often than not? Thor or Superman?

That's a pretty dumb argument.

carver9

See you avoiding the question again. What other ways would you suggest if we know a character isn't restraining his strength/power?

DarkSaint85

It's not.

You see, the Carvatar has read EVERY single appearance of Thor, AND every appearance of Superman, and carefully tallied each time either said anything.

With such a rigorous scientific approach (double-checked by h1), he was able to reach a conclusion that Thor says it more often, with an error margin of +-0.0001%.

Therefore, Thor holds back more often.

-Pr-
Carver is 100% correct.

thumb up

He had to know that would come back and bite him.

carver9
I have him on ignore Pr.

DarkSaint85
I too have Escatado on ignore. Please tell him I am not speaking to him.

Edit: also, not sure how the point is negated by me being on ignore, lol.

Imperiex Probes are High Herald.

Superman tore through them. He does NOT hold back, and does NOT have dynamic strength, as per Carver.

Ergo, he is Skyfather/Trans. As befitting any character who tears through multiple teams of HHs for days on end.

Delta1938
See you avoiding the question again. What other ways would you suggest if we know a character isn't restraining his strength/power?

You really have the nerve to say anybody is avoiding anything, especially when you accuse me of "avoiding" such a terrible argument?

carver9
You really have the nerve to say anybody is avoiding anything, especially when you accuse me of "avoiding" such a terrible argument?

Got a PHD at avoiding questions. Still doing it.

DarkSaint85

thumb up finally, an admission from carver.

StiltmanFTW
Carver9. Saying stupid things on KMC since 2004.

That's what we all love him for.

But he's not necessarily wrong here.

Delta1938

Thank you for admitting you strongly avoid questions. It's mistakes like this that prove my point. Yes, I waited until you couldn't edit you post.

-Pr-
I have him on ignore Pr.

Okay?

carver9
Thank you for admitting you strongly avoid questions. It's mistakes like this that prove my point. Yes, I waited until you couldn't edit you post.

I'm talking about you though.

StiltmanFTW
Okay?

They were the best friends ever sad

It was a perfect example of e-friendship being stronger than RL friendship. If only Dorksaint didn't post those embarrassing PMs about licking penises with Galan...

Yes. Such PMs exist.

Delta1938
Okay?

We're supposed to not quote him because the Caravatar doesn't want to read his posts. Get with the program!!

carver9
They were the best friends ever sad

It was a perfect example of e-friendship being stronger than RL friendship. If only Dorksaint didn't post those embarrassing PMs about licking penises with Galan...

Yes. Such PMs exist.

laughing out loud laughing out loud ... I don't have any issues with saint. He's a nice guy (for some strange reason, I think Dark hacked into my acct).

DarkSaint85
Powerful accusations.

If proved false, carver needs a ban.

Such accusations should not be thrown around lightly.

Delta1938
I'm talking about you though.

It's a dumb argument. Saying Thor holds back more because he talks about it is like someone thinking you're winning a debate because you say you are.

Plus, you honestly are quite the hypocrite to go "you're avoiding the question" with all you've avoided from me. sneer

celeyhyga17
How does Superman hold back more?

How does Thor hold back more?

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
How does Superman hold back more?
How does Thor hold back more?
The rate depends on fan and fanboy perception

TheLordofMurder
Thor shows more restraint...

Thor can permanently kill virtually any opponent by taking his/her soul (bypassing any sort of regeneration or invulnerability in the process), but refuses to do it...

Henry_Pym
Iron Fist.

h1a8
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Thor can permanently kill virtually any opponent by taking his/her soul (bypassing any sort of regeneration or invulnerability in the process), but refuses to do it... And rather kills the shit out of thousands of beings through his history. Yes, Thor kills when you piss him off.

abhilegend

Thor can permanently kill virtually any opponent by taking his/her soul (bypassing any sort of regeneration or invulnerability in the process), but refuses to do it...
laughing out loud
The rate depends on fan and fanboy perception

When Thor has several arcs focused on simply such a fact that he has placed subconscious mental blocks so he can never use his full powers, you can talk.

Philosophía
Superman can go from being a peer to ripping in half the same opponent.

Thor doesn't.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

When Thor has several arcs focused on simply such a fact that he has placed subconscious mental blocks so he can never use his full powers, you can talk.

I can talk as very very very few characters in comics have a defense against having their soul sucked right out of them...

Thor can utilize this lethal ability simply by willing it as he did against Loki, but chooses not to as its forbidden due to its extreme lethality...

Thor wins...

DarkSaint85
Very few characters have a defence against being sung out of existence.

abhilegend
I can talk as very very very few characters in comics have a defense against having their soul sucked right out of them...

Thor can utilize this lethal ability simply by willing it as he did against Loki, but chooses not to as its forbidden due to its extreme lethality...

Thor wins...
It failed the only time he tried.

It's not about Thor holding back, it's writers not taking that one time ability in consideration.

Learn the difference.

ghostman
It failed the only time he tried.

It's not about Thor holding back, it's writers not taking that one time ability in consideration.

Learn the difference.

superman soul resistance feats my man? dealing with cbr surfer

DarkSaint85
Why should Superman need soul resistance feats? The thread is asking about restraint.

One is a Norse Viking warrior, who's very lust for battle is a key defining trait of him being deemed worthy for his weapon.

The other is the most powerful Herald of his universe, who hides as a mild-mannered reporter.

TheLordofMurder
It failed the only time he tried

False...

It succeeded the 1st time he used it and it destroyed Loki...

Loki was only able to survive it the 2nd time with prep (as the past Loki was brought to the present and saw a vision of Thor striking him down with Soul Suck and was to flee his body seconds before being struck down by Soul Suck the 2nd time around)...

ghostman
Why should Superman need soul resistance feats? The thread is asking about restraint.

One is a Norse Viking warrior, who's very lust for battle is a key defining trait of him being deemed worthy for his weapon.

The other is the most powerful Herald of his universe, who hides as a mild-mannered reporter.

not for this thread obviously. he needs them so i can beat cbr surfer mad

abhilegend
False...

It succeeded the 1st time he used it and it destroyed Loki...

Loki was only able to survive it the 2nd time with prep (as the past Loki was brought to the present and saw a vision of Thor striking him down with Soul Suck and was to flee his body seconds before being struck down by Soul Suck the 2nd time around)...
It had been used only one time. Loki let Thor think he killed him.

It was his plan all along.

Time-Immemorial
Who restraints himself more against opponents, Superman or Thor? Give reasons, scans considering their mindsets and opponents when giving your opinions

I never understood how someone hitting people with one of the most powerful weapons in marvel universe is seen as "holding back."

TheLordofMurder
It had been used only one time. Loki let Thor think he killed him.

It was his plan all along.

False...

That became his plan after watching himself be struck down with Soul Suck the first time...

Initially, Loki had no idea it was coming until Thor decided to slay him...

Thor could use this devastating ability on virtually any opponent and it would be successful against almost anyone (time travel is the only thing that saved Loki the 2nd time around) as exceedingly few have a defense against this sort of attack...

Thor shows great restraint by not striking down all of his foes with this potent offensive attack...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I never understood how someone hitting people with one of the most powerful weapons in marvel universe is seen as "holding back."

Thor gives opponents a few love taps with Mjolnir to keep them in line; this is far more merciful than striking them down with Soul Suck or the God Blast...

abhilegend
He didn't see anything. He was informed by Masterson about it.

His past version made his plan about the fact and that's it. He never changed the future.

That's not holding back in any sense whatsoever.

TheLordofMurder
He didn't see anything. He was informed by Masterson about it.

His past version made his plan about the fact and that's it. He never changed the future.

That's not holding back in any sense whatsoever.

Loki did see himself struck down; he delved into Masterson's memories and saw it happen...

Loki then prepped against it...

Thor not using this ability against all of his foes is a conscious decision and is him absolutely holding back; he knows he can kill his foes but chooses not to...

abhilegend
No, he saw a version of what happened against Masterson as Eric had no idea what happened.

Loki does not and has never shown the power to change the future.

It's called a stable time loop. Look it up.

TheLordofMurder
Loki did see it...

And Thor holds back by not killing everyone like this...

Thor wins...

abhilegend
It already failed the only time it was used.

It was never even mentioned again.

So, nope.

Time-Immemorial
Since when do people hold back when hitting something with a hammer?

deathslash
Since when do people hold back when hitting something with a hammer? when you're a carpenter?

TheLordofMurder
It already failed the only time it was used.

It was never even mentioned again.

So, nope.

Exposing Abhi's lies...part 1:

Loki DOES see his Death at the hands of Soul Suck; lie 1 revealed...

Time-Immemorial
when you're a carpenter?

Yea Thor is a carpenterlaughing out loud

Good argument

TheLordofMurder
Abhi's lies exposed part 2...

Soul Suck works perfectly and kills Loki dead the 1st time its used against Loki:

deathslash
Yea Thor is a carpenterlaughing out loud

Good argument he did rebuild a major chunk of asgard (or was it was it asgardia).

TheLordofMurder
As for this thread, Thor wins...

Thor is fully capable of killing nearly any opponent, but makes the conscious effort not to...

And this attack ignores Invulnerability and regeneration...

Thor wins...

thumb up

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
Since when do people hold back when hitting something with a hammer?

When he has the option to take their soul and destroy them utterly instead?

Time-Immemorial

Thor is fully capable of killing nearly any opponent, but makes the conscious effort not to...

Thor wins...

thumb up

Happy Dance

I don't agree, Superman killed doomsday when he finally let lose all his strength.

TheLordofMurder

Thor wins...

thumb up

Happy Dance

The utter truth...

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
I don't agree, Superman killed doomsday when he finally let lose all his strength.

And how does this prove that Supes holds back more than Thor?

Time-Immemorial
Because he did it while severely injured to someone stronger then him at the time and that could heal instantly and he did it with his fist.

TheLordofMurder
Because he did it while severely injured to someone stronger then him at the time and that could heal instantly and he did it with his fist.

Thor can kill without going through all that trouble...

Thors ace attack ignores Invulnerability and Regeneration...

Thor has an instant win card that he refuses to play...

Thor wins...

Time-Immemorial
I don't agree.:/

TheLordofMurder
I don't agree.:/

You might not agree but what I've posted is the 100% truth...

Thor can kill most opponents with Soul Suck but makes the conscious decision not to...

That is a fact and cannot be disputed...

Time-Immemorial
I doubt that soul shit would work on DD.

It's Thors fault if he don't not use his best weapons.

Blue Area Vet
Black Bolt

Silent Master
Squirrel Girl.

TheLordofMurder
It's Thors fault if he don't not use his best weapons.

He doesnt go around Soul Sucking people because he holds back!

That is the whole point of this thread and the reason why Thor wins here...

abhilegend
Exposing Abhi's lies...part 1:

Loki DOES see his Death at the hands of Soul Suck; lie 1 revealed... Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Abhi's lies exposed part 2...

Soul Suck works perfectly and kills Loki dead the 1st time its used against Loki:
You don't know how to read, do you?

It was all along a plan from Loki. It's a stable time loop where Thor never killed Loki.

TheLordofMurder
You don't know how to read, do you?

It was all along a plan from Loki. It's a stable time loop where Thor never killed Loki.

BS...

I can read and its very clear what happened...

You are just trying to fudge things into your Superman centric viewpoint; you know that, no matter what, you cant admit the power of Soul Suck...if you do, your argument falls apart.

On the strength of that, your lies are understandable...

abhilegend
BS...

I can read and its very clear what happened...

You are just trying to fudge things into your Superman centric viewpoint; you know that, no matter what, you cant admit the power of Soul Suck...if you do, your argument falls apart.

On the strength of that, your lies are understandable...
Yes, what you are trying to say is just BS.

Loki was never killed in the first place. Learn to read.

TheLordofMurder
@Abhi

Does it make you feel good to repeatedly lie to protect Superman!?

What kind of person blatantly LIES to protect a comicbook character?

Loki absolutely died the 1st time Thor Soul Sucked him; Loki from the past saw it happen...

You can lie about it all you want, but the truth is the truth...

abhilegend
@Abhi

Does it make you feel good to repeatedly lie to protect Superman!?

What kind of person blatantly LIES to protect a comicbook character?

Loki absolutely died the 1st time Thor Soul Sucked him; Loki from the past saw it happen...

You can lie about it all you want, but the truth is the truth...
When I say you to shut up, you should shut up. Here is the full context of the scene explained by Mephisto.

http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/24847360_Thor454-14.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/24847364_Thor454-15.jpg

They were not able to change future. It was just a stable time loop. For your reference here is Loki visiting Mephisto to make their alliance and Mephisto to capture Odin's soul. Just one issue before Loki was "killed" which was again referenced in Thor 454 as to when the plan started. It was all a plan from Loki from start.

http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/24847353_Thor_1991__430_05.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/24847356_Thor_1991__430_06.jpg

Shut up and read some comics before opening your mouth.

TheLordofMurder
When I say you to shut up, you should shut up. Here is the full context of the scene explained by Mephisto.

http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/24847360_Thor454-14.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/24847364_Thor454-15.jpg

They were not able to change future. It was just a stable time loop. For your reference here is Loki visiting Mephisto to make their alliance and Mephisto to capture Odin's soul. Just one issue before Loki was "killed" which was again referenced in Thor 454 as to when the plan started. It was all a plan from Loki from start.

http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/24847353_Thor_1991__430_05.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/24847356_Thor_1991__430_06.jpg

Shut up and read some comics before opening your mouth.

More lies by Abhi...

None of that got started until after Thor struck Loki down with Soul Suck the 1st time...

Loki allying with Mephisto is the prep Loki utilized the 2nd time around...

Reading...you should try it sometimes.

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
More lies by Abhi...

None of that got started until after Thor struck Loki down with Soul Suck the 1st time...

Soul Suck works, and it works perfectly...thats why Thor wins this thread.

Happy Dance

abhilegend
More lies by Abhi...

Happy Dance
Mephisto flat out tells that they couldn't change the future.

So how did Loki survive getting killed?

And Loki was shown prepping before the first time it was used. Hence the scan.

Shut up.

TheLordofMurder
Mephisto flat out tells that they couldn't change the future.

So how did Loki survive getting killed?

And Loki was shown prepping before the first time it was used. Hence the scan.

Shut up.

Mephisto is the Lord of Lies you idiot; you cant accept anything he says at face value...

The red, white, and blue is robbing you of common sense; do I really need to provide scans of the future being changed in comics!?

Superman has a hold on your soul...

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
Mephisto is the Lord of Lies you idiot; you cant accept anything he says at face value...

The red, white, and blue is robbing you of common sense; do I really need to provide scans of the future being changed in comics!?

Happy Dance

thumb up

h1a8
Thor can kill without going through all that trouble...

Thors ace attack ignores Invulnerability and Regeneration...

Thor has an instant win card that he refuses to play...

Thor wins... You are assuming these characters are real and have literally thought about things as they fight. This is delusional behavior. Thor didn't choose to not take away someone soul because he holds back. He doesn't do those type of things because the writer didn't write him with the ability to. Remember, Thor's mind is the writer's mind. Those type of attacks never entered the writer's mind. Even if they did, then it clearly wasn't the intention that Thor holds back as the reason he didn't use them. It simply doesn't make for a good story or fits the plot.

The fact that Thor is willing to take lives when you piss him off is proof that he doesn't hold back as much as Clark.

To conclude, just because someone doesn't use an exotic power doesn't mean they are holding back. It simply means that the writer didn't write them with the ability at the time for the sake of the plot. Writer's are transparent with what they are trying to show.

Silent Master
So it doesn't count when writers decide that Thor shouldn't use certain powers, yet the writers deciding that Superman should only be willing to kill in extreme circumstances counts.

Have you ever heard of double standards?

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Silent Master
So it doesn't count when writers decide that Thor shouldn't use certain powers, yet the writers deciding that Superman should only be willing to kill in extreme circumstances counts.

Have you ever heard of double standards?

H1 was not swaying writers decided to hold Thor back.

He's saying it just never enters the writer's mind to use soul suck.

carver9
Reading through this thread and quotes...Darksaint is more of a Superman fan than ABHI is.

Silent Master
H1 was not swaying writers decided to hold Thor back.

He's saying it just never enters the writer's mind to use soul suck.

He has no proof of that. So for both characters it boils down to, because the writer didn't have them do x. The very fact that he's only making excuses for one side proves that hes's employing a double standard.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Silent Master
He has no proof of that. So for both characters it boils down to, because the writer didn't have them do x. The very fact that he's only making excuses for one side proves that hes's employing a double standard.
DS is just playing mind games wit u guys.

Blue Area Vet
Reading through this thread and quotes...Darksaint is more of a Superman fan than ABHI is.

Saint thinks he's slick. He's all in on Val El.

Blue Area Vet
You are assuming these characters are real and have literally thought about things as they fight. This is delusional behavior. Thor didn't choose to not take away someone soul because he holds back. He doesn't do those type of things because the writer didn't write him with the ability to. Remember, Thor's mind is the writer's mind. Those type of attacks never entered the writer's mind. Even if they did, then it clearly wasn't the intention that Thor holds back as the reason he didn't use them. It simply doesn't make for a good story or fits the plot.

The fact that Thor is willing to take lives when you piss him off is proof that he doesn't hold back as much as Clark.

To conclude, just because someone doesn't use an exotic power doesn't mean they are holding back. It simply means that the writer didn't write them with the ability at the time for the sake of the plot. Writer's are transparent with what they are trying to show.

With all the utter nonsense you claim when you are worshipping Superman, it probably isn't wise for you to blame the writer for not using known powers. How then do you know that Superman writers who don't have him seeing lightning in slow motion (your go to fanboy phrase) actually believe he has that ability?

abhilegend

Happy Dance
So you are just denying on panel evidence now, eh?

What about Loki going to Mephisto to make the preparation one issue before he "died"?

Your whole reasoning is that since Eric saw Loki die, he must've died? How did Eric know whether Loki was killed or just transferred his soul in Odin's body?

Time-Immemorial
Lord of Murder

Murdered and Owned by The Legend

Nice Job

DarkSaint85

http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2012/09/28/20ceb6d8-a738-11e2-a3f0-029118418759/thumbnail/620x350/36fb8f39cef8f6f61113f4bed504ccc8/shining_twins.jpg

StiltmanFTW
The Shining Saint? I thought you were supposed to be dark?

DarkSaint85
The Shining Saint? I thought you were supposed to be dark?

Only when I log in as DarkTaint. You DON'T want to see the images I post then.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

You're right, I probably don't.

"Id"

I knew it!

Jedi Mind Tricks!!

DarkSaint85
Only carver is immune! I sense no sentience, no intelligence, to trick!

Time-Immemorial
Who kneels more about Superman

Carver, DS or Lord of Brokeback Mountain?

DarkSaint85
Who kneels more about Superman

Carver, DS or Lord of Brokeback Mountain?

Crap.
Carver, by far.

According to carver:
And Imperiex probes are being drafted even though they were shaking off damage from high heralds.

Here are multiple probes being taken apart by Superman (and Doomsday, of course):
http://i.imgur.com/6c9F5Og.jpg

Doesn't look like they're shaking off any damage there. And according to carver, the Super-expert, as Superman does not show restraint, or dynamic strength, that can only mean that Superman is > High Herald tier. Multiple HHs, in fact.

According to carver, Superman = Skyfather.

Time-Immemorial
Crap.
Carver, by far.

According to carver:

Here are multiple probes being taken apart by Superman (and Doomsday, of course):
http://i.imgur.com/6c9F5Og.jpg

Doesn't look like they're shaking off any damage there. And according to carver, the Super-expert, as Superman does not show restraint, or dynamic strength, that can only mean that Superman is > High Herald tier. Multiple HHs, in fact.

According to carver, Superman = Skyfather.

Carver said it then.

Superman is a skyfather

DarkSaint85
Not even abhi, or LoB at his most rabid, would mutter such things.

Time-Immemorial
Not even abhi, or LoB at his most rabid, would mutter such things.

It's confirmed. Carver is KMC's #1 Vindicator of Superman

Well done Carv

TheLordofMurder
So you are just denying on panel evidence now, eh?

What about Loki going to Mephisto to make the preparation one issue before he "died"?

Your whole reasoning is that since Eric saw Loki die, he must've died? How did Eric know whether Loki was killed or just transferred his soul in Odin's body?

Ignoring on panel evidence!? laughing out loud

You are the one blindly accepting the word of a universal liar and cheat as fact despite tremendous evidence that what he said is blatantly false...

Get rid of those red, white, and blue underwear; they are obscuring your vision...

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
Lord of Murder

Murdered and Owned by The Legend

Nice Job

thumb down

I've owned his bad logic several times; his love for Superman is just too great to allow him to accept it...

I've also shut you down utterly with the sweet blinding light of the truth, so you really shouldnt have much else to say...

wink

Happy Dance

DarkSaint85
It's confirmed. Carver is KMC's #1 Vindicator of Superman

Well done Carv

I'm glad I could diagnose it in time, his perversity, unchecked, knows no bounds.

Time-Immemorial
thumb down

I've owned his bad logic several times; his love for Superman is just too great to allow him to accept it...

I've also shut you down utterly with the sweet blinding light of the truth, so you really shouldnt have much else to say...

wink

Happy Dance

I owned you and made you admit Thor is weak.

abhilegend
Ignoring on panel evidence!? laughing out loud

You are the one blindly accepting the word of a universal liar and cheat as fact despite tremendous evidence that what he said is blatantly false...

Get rid of those red, white, and blue underwear; they are obscuring your vision...

Happy Dance
Eh, what? How does that coincide with Loki actually visiting him just prior to his death? You know, the same which was again shown in Thor 454 as part of his plan?

And why would Mephisto lie in such a scenario? He told Loki was in Odin's body and that was true.

Why is it false? What proof do you have of it being false?

TheLordofMurder
Eh, what? How does that coincide with Loki actually visiting him just prior to his death? You know, the same which was again shown in Thor 454 as part of his plan?

And why would Mephisto lie in such a scenario? He told Loki was in Odin's body and that was true.

Why is it false? What proof do you have of it being false?

Mephisto claims that changing the future isnt possible...

If you believe that then I have some ocean side property on the moon to sale to you...

TheLordofMurder
@Abhi

And when Loki from the past initially sees his death at Thors hands, he is genuinely surprised...

Why is that? Because he hadnt made his deal with the devil to prep against it yet!

Common sense bro...

Common sense...

Time-Immemorial
Common sense is using all your powers when you have them, not "holding back."

TheLordofMurder
Common sense is using all your powers when you have them, not "holding back."

You still here?

Do you even know what this thread is about!?

Its about which character shows the most restraint...

It is my belief that Thor shows more restraint as he is fully capable of killing most opponents with a virtually unstoppable attack that he could theoretically unleash at any time...

So tell me oh wise one, what does your quoted post have to do with the subject matter here?

Not a d@m thing, that's what...

Dip out of the conversation Time...

This is clearly over your head...

wink

Happy Dance

-Pr-
So are people even considering that wonderful thing characters have called "a personality"?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>