why isnt hal jordan considered a top tier?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ghostman
hal has done some pretty crazy things in his day, enough to consider him a top dog imo , when you hear guys talking about the top dogs here, its the usual 3 guys. does hal really not stand a chance against them? is his average not high enough? how would a no cis/pis hal do against surfer, Goldilocks and supes? how about if he was bloodlusted too? how would he fare?

Digi
He's in the same tier (high herald) as those you mentioned. He's just not as polarizing as them, and has less overt fanboys to either drive discussion or raise the ire of others, so he gets comparatively ignored on the forums.

Blue Area Vet
Because he is guilty of existing in the same universe as Superman, plain and simple.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Because he is guilty of existing in the same universe as Superman, plain and simple.

You are such a pathetic person.

Adam Grimes
Because he's a chump.

ghostman
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Because he's a chump.

what do you mean? how?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ghostman
what do you mean? how?

Batman steals his ring, for example.

Guess he gets let down by his personality.

Juk3n
Because Kyle Rayner exists.

Digi
GLs as a whole are depicted much more mercurial. Yes, Hal's best feats are as good as anyone in the tier. But he's also got more frequent - and recent - lows than the characters OP wishes to compare him to.

deathslash
Originally posted by Juk3n
Because Kyle Rayner exists. naw. Eveybody knows that John Stewart is the best GL from earth. John hasn't been oneshotted by a guy that dresses like a rodent, hasn't been butt raped by an overweight mexican man, and isn't a straight up douche like hal.

ghostman
Originally posted by deathslash
naw. Eveybody knows that John Stewart is the best GL from earth. John hasn't been oneshotted by a guy that dresses like a rodent, hasn't been butt raped by an overweight mexican man, and isn't a straight up douche like hal.

that second last one..... imma need scans my man

ghostman
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Batman steals his ring, for example.

Guess he gets let down by his personality.

thats just dc wanking batman though, its to be expected. so its a mental reason?

DarkSaint85
that second last one..... imma need scans my man

Everyone does.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100830055636/marvel_dc/images/f/f3/Kyle_Rayner_raped.jpg

This is the main protagonist of said spiking.

http://i.imgur.com/JLcOxjJ.jpg?1

ghostman
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Everyone does.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100830055636/marvel_dc/images/f/f3/Kyle_Rayner_raped.jpg

This is the main protagonist of said spiking.

http://i.imgur.com/JLcOxjJ.jpg?1

i.......

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

DarkSaint85
WW looks thoroughly bored as well; she obviously doesn't take him seriously.

krisblaze
A top tier?

Gotta stop letting these herochat kids onto the forum.

ghostman
Originally posted by krisblaze
A top tier?

kid? look don't come in here insulting someone you know nothing about, that's little kid shit. you're a grown ass man, act like one.

The Nuul
Originally posted by krisblaze

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Now now, play nice with the new guy, boys.

iceman24567
This is obviously the wrong forum since its not a vs match go back to Herochat erm

leonidas
@saint: thumb up

anyway, hal's best match up to anyone's best. he does have a number of lows as well, but everyone does. hal is clearly a top tier though, so not even sure why the topic got started. btw it isn't a vs thread, so don't be surprised if it gets closed or moved. just sayin'. smile

ghostman
Originally posted by iceman24567
This is obviously the wrong forum since its not a vs match go back to Herochat erm

if i go to hero chat will the people there know how to read?

"how would a no cis/pis hal do against surfer, Goldilocks and supes? how about if he was bloodlusted too? how would he fare?"

how is that not a vs

krisblaze
kid? look don't come in here insulting someone you know nothing about, that's little kid shit. you're a grown ass man, act like one.

thumb up

I just wonder why you make a thread in the VS section asking a question.

A question based off a wrongful assumption about a forum consensus.

On KMC we generally use terms like street, meta, herald and trans. Not 'elite' or 'top tier'.

We do this because there's a tier thread.

Where Hal is in the top.

thumb up

leonidas
vs usually has to be in the title for it to stick around...

non pis/cis hal would do well against all of them, but i'd still put him below the others. superman has proven his superiority to gl's many times. ss is simply too versatile and overall too powerful and magic is always an issue for gl's. he'd win his share, but i wouldn't give him a majority against any of those 3.

Adam Grimes
Herochat laughing out loud

iceman24567
if i go to hero chat will the people there know how to read?

"how would a no cis/pis hal do against surfer, Goldilocks and supes? how about if he was bloodlusted too? how would he fare?"

how is that not a vs Nice try but its obvious that the dumb ass questions you asked isnt suppose to be here try reading the rules before posting better yet use common sense before posting laughing

ghostman
Nice try but its obvious that the dumb ass questions you asked isnt suppose to be here try reading the rules before posting better yet use common sense before posting laughing

aren't*

Happy Dance

ghostman
aren't*

Happy Dance

iceman24567
Nice double post spam chump thumb up

ghostman
Nice try but its obvious that the dumb ass questions you asked isnt suppose to be here try reading the rules before posting better yet use common sense before posting laughing

why dont you go ***** in carvers trans tier thread, that has nothing to do battles, yet....... yeah take your hurt feelings and get off my nuts.

ghostman
Nice double post spam chump thumb up refer to new post catamite

iceman24567
More double post spamming nicely done thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.