bloodlusted hal jordan runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ghostman
1.magneto
2.terrax
3.dr solar(goldkey)
4.firelord
5.firestorm(jason)
6. ultimate thor
7.mr majestic
8. billy batson shazam( pre52)
9. superman
10. silver surfer

also no cis/pis for hal. battle takes place on an indestructible planet. this is also pre52 hal

leonidas
in the first 6, oddly enough i think mags would give him the hardest time given some of mags' energy control feats. i'd take hal for a majority over mags but it wouldn't be easy. he'd beat the first 6 imo. majestic would be...tough. maybe a split there, or slight edge to maj. 8-10 would all beat him for a majority imo, but he'd get wins against each.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by leonidas
in the first 6, oddly enough i think mags would give him the hardest time given some of mags' energy control feats. i'd take hal for a majority over mags but it wouldn't be easy. he'd beat the first 6 imo. majestic would be...tough. maybe a split there, or slight edge to maj. 8-10 would all beat him for a majority imo, but he'd get wins against each.

Hal wouldn't beat Firelord either IMO. People tend to knock him simply because he isn't Surfer, but he'll hella powerful and aggressive as well.

abhilegend
Hal would beat the shit out of Firelord.

leonidas
fl has some good feats, but nothing hal hasn't seen before. he doesn't have the energy control imo to take out hal.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by leonidas
fl has some good feats, but nothing hal hasn't seen before. he doesn't have the energy control imo to take out hal.

Disagree, he has everything imaginable outside of magic at his disposal and he's not a rookie.

DarkSaint85
His energy control was surely present when Spidey was there....

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Yes, it was. Maybe you don't know the story. And why are you bringing up a low showing through PIS and CIS as if it has any real bearing on the character? Had the raw power to KO Silver Surfer (sucker shot).

abhilegend
Even Ronan has koed Surfer with a suckershot.

baka

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend
Even Ronan has koed Surfer with a suckershot.

baka

If he did, that meant he had the physical power to do so. That's all I ever said.

Sin I AM
Firelord gets lowballed but lets face it, other than Norrin the heralds on average arent as good or near as good.

HulkIsHulk
Which he explicitly staed was not going to use...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Which he explicitly staed was not going to use...

CIS would still be on smile

Rao Kal El
Bloodlusted, Cis and Pis off for Hal? But Cis and Pis on for the rest?

Hal should clear this with this stips.

Sin I AM
Y do the people think the bloodlust mindset is a positive? Unless you're hulk or logan it does nothing for u. In Hals case its a handicap

Rao Kal El
He has the intention of killing, he is basically not playing around. Is a state of mind not seeing often on other heroes. Emerald twilight will be a good example of it.

When has Jordan killed so many lanterns before that arc?

imo he will clear it. Specially because the opposite side has PIS and CIS on. He does not.

carver9
Magneto kills him. The rings can be controlled by someone like Magneto (as shown via Doctor Poloris). Magneto makes him beat himself to sleep. Just that simple.

Genii96
Definately looses to surfer...firelord is a tossup

Prof. T.C McAbe
1.magneto, Hal 6/10, Classic Mags 5/10
2.terrax, Hal 7/10
3.dr solar(goldkey), dunno
4.firelord, Hal 7/10
5.firestorm(jason), Hal 7/10
6. ultimate thor, Hal 9/10
7.mr majestic, 5/10
8. billy batson shazam( pre52), 5/10
9. superman, 5/10
10. silver surfer, 5/10

With Krona buster attack he clears easier, else as written above.

krisblaze
Does he beat solar?

He should manage a majority against most except Supes, Shazam and Surfer imo.

Surtur
I actually also think Hal at his best could beat Firelord, and that isn't because of the Spiuderman encounter either.

Now we just need the scan of Hal Jordan punching a guy with no arms.

EDIT: There we go :

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvrpjk03sG1qbiabyo1_500.jpg

carver9
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111142536/4624920-1652904418-JLA%2B0.jpg

This is what happened when a famous Lantern faced Dr. Poloris, a Magneto clone. Mags could take Hal ring away from him if he wanted.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111142536/4624920-1652904418-JLA%2B0.jpg

This is what happened when a famous Lantern faced Dr. Poloris, a Magneto clone. Mags could take Hal ring away from him if he wanted.

Isn't Kyle Rayner's ring different from every other GL ring, though???

Have you scans of Polaris vs HAL?

I mean, nobody here would use Beta Ray Bill and Thor's feats interchangeably, right? They both have Asgardian enchanted hammers made of uru, after all...

Not to mention, Polaris was amped in that scene.

Surtur
I like his style. He is electrocuting Batman and Wonder Woman, making J'onn bleed from his damn eyes, but just makes GL punch himself in the face.

DarkSaint85
Edit: not to mention - Polaris is saying that he's hitting himself with the ring.

Nowhere does it say Polaris is CONTROLLING the ring.

What else could he be controlling??

Notice Kyle's costume. Gauntlets.

Hal does not wear those gauntles.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Magneto kills him. The rings can be controlled by someone like Magneto (as shown via Doctor Poloris). Magneto makes him beat himself to sleep. Just that simple.
Polaris was amped.

Hal has beaten Polaris easily in the past.

DarkSaint85
Polaris was amped.

Since carver's crossing feats across Lanterns:

Here's a no name rookie Lantern reversing the magnetic fields of a planet. Sure, it was already unstable, but she still managed to do it. Hal is >>>that Lantern, by feats, statements, whatever you want to name.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/busiek3.jpg

leonidas
Polaris was amped.

exactly. thumb up c'mon carv, yer better than that. sneer

Genii96
If hal is wearing metal on him..:e is gonna be in trouble against mags

Surtur
Originally posted by Genii96
If hal is wearing metal on him..:e is gonna be in trouble against mags

I don't think he is known for wearing metal. On the other hand a person doesn't need to be wearing metal on themselves for Magneto to f*ck them up. He will do something and they will explain it via "he did it because magnetism and shit'.

krisblaze
As if "having metal on him" will be particularly helpful for Magneto.

Hal crushes him because he's much more powerful and much more versatile.

The presence of metal on Hal's person doesn't make or break this fight.

Rao Kal El
Didn't you guys know that just because character A has powers like character B it means they are equal?

Surtur
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Didn't you guys know that just because character A has powers like character B it means they are equal?

I can't tell if you are saying this in reference to Magneto/Polaris or in reference to people thinking GL feats are interchangeable.

Genii96
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't think he is known for wearing metal. On the other hand a person doesn't need to be wearing metal on themselves for Magneto to f*ck them up. He will do something and they will explain it via "he did it because magnetism and shit'.

Well,he clearly had metal on him on his uniform against that magnetic dude...assuming it wasn't his ring,which if it was,would make this less of a fight,mags could just use it to crush hal immediately.

Rao Kal El
I can't tell if you are saying this in reference to Magneto/Polaris or in reference to people thinking GL feats are interchangeable.

I will have less trouble trying to peg feats from a rookie unknown lanternt to a more experienced lanternt in the same universe, than trying to peg feats across companies/universes just because they are somewhat similar.

In short I don't think the Magneto/Polaris similitudes are equal.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Genii96
Well,he clearly had metal on him on his uniform against that magnetic dude...assuming it wasn't his ring,which if it was,would make this less of a fight,mags could just use it to crush hal immediately.

Hal doesn't have that on his outfit, though. Completely different uniform.

krisblaze
Good luck crushing hal.

Magneto could have Hal surrounded by a hundred tons of metal and still not be able to crush him.

JayDaDon
Good point. Hal's shields and constructs gotta be in the high class 100.

StiltmanFTW
I actually also think Hal at his best could beat Firelord, and that isn't because of the Spiuderman encounter either.

Now we just need the scan of Hal Jordan punching a guy with no arms.

EDIT: There we go :

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvrpjk03sG1qbiabyo1_500.jpg

laughing laughing laughing

Baziemarc123

Here's a no name rookie Lantern reversing the magnetic fields of a planet. Sure, it was already unstable, but she still managed to do it. Hal is >>>that Lantern, by feats, statements, whatever you want to name.

Link is dead. new one?

Plus, is that a one time thing of Lanterns showing resistance to magnetism..? Don't really recall anymore although I could be wrong

DarkSaint85
Hal's ring isn't made of metal.

It's made of pure will power.

Baziemarc123
Hal's ring isn't made of metal.

It's made of pure will power.

I know, but talking about other lanterns besides Hal.

$on OF krypton
hal takes the rest 5/10 save for superman,shazam,surfer= 4/10

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Baziemarc123

Link is dead. new one?

Plus, is that a one time thing of Lanterns showing resistance to magnetism..? Don't really recall anymore although I could be wrong The link's isn't dead, it never existed. Dirtstain posted that to fool anyone who's too lazy to click the link.

DarkSaint85
MY April Fool's pranks are long term.

One Big Mob
This might be the thing that pushes Baziemarc towards the end. He's been fooled one too many times in life and he never expected to be fooled on April Fools from a July 20th Fools post.

He just found an April Fools noose tutorial with a highwaymans hitch. Boy won't he feel like a fool once again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.