Blue Marvel vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

krisblaze
Who wins this one?

Blue Marvel gets 5 minutes of one-sided prep to study Superman

Genii96
Blue marvel?...he is the guy that can manipulate antimatter right? Didn't he beat king hyperion?

riv6672
OP stip is overkill.
BM 8/10.

deathslash
Originally posted by Genii96
Blue marvel?...he is the guy that can manipulate antimatter right? Didn't he beat king hyperion? he also fought iron man, wonder man, Ms marvel, and ares at the same time after he put sentry into orbit with a single punch.

quanchi112
BM wins.

tkitna
Originally posted by quanchi112
BM wins.

Knife
Blue Marvel is the new flavour of the month. I suspect once he has a few more feats this thread will make a bit more sense.

Board Walker
Hyperion > Blue marvel

abhilegend
Superman wins.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Knife
Blue Marvel is the new flavour of the month. I suspect once he has a few more feats this thread will make a bit more sense. He dead

Knife
Originally posted by One Big Mob
He dead

Didn't know that. Last comic I ready with him in was one of the Disney avenger comics. Still it's comics, unless you're Marv ell you can expect to be back walking around one day. Even Bucky Barnes came back.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Knife
Didn't know that. Last comic I ready with him in was one of the Disney avenger comics. Still it's comics, unless you're Marv ell you can expect to be back walking around one day. Even Bucky Barnes came back. Marvel just murdered everyone except like a dozen characters from 616.

He'll be back for sure but right now he dead iirc

One_Angry_Scot
Marvel just murdered everyone except like a dozen characters from 616.

He'll be back for sure but right now he dead iirc

Yeah he's dead right now (at least as far as we know). But he's back for a new comic called Ultimates after Secret Wars is over.

Knife
Marvel just murdered everyone except like a dozen characters from 616.

He'll be back for sure but right now he dead iirc I will catch up at some point. Why did Disney murder everyone? Reboot?

riv6672
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Yeah he's dead right now (at least as far as we know). But he's back for a new comic called Ultimates after Secret Wars is over.
So, moot point.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman 9/10

dynamix
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot

lmao!!

Stoic
Overall, Superman has more feats. I'm assuming that we're using the Nu52 version of Superman? He would still have more feats. That being said, if we were to use averages, I would give BM a majority. He has faced characters in pretty high weight classes, and has done pretty well. One of many questions that should be asked and proven, is which one of these guys has a better track record in terms of wins, losses and anything else that could be used to support the person's pick. My final opinion on this is due to my give the champ the benefit of doubt mentality. BM needs more in order for me to say that he beats Superman.

Superman would have one hell of a fight against BM though, lets not get carried away with the 9/10's on either side parade. BM like Anti Man, or Sentry of that era, would be a long hard fought battle for Superman. I'm giving it to Superman, because he's the champ of getting back up and leaving his opponent lying in the dust. That's the way I see this fight going. At least for now. 5.5/10 for Superman.

ShadowFyre
The original superhero wins.

playa1258
Superman wins 7/10 and has to work for it. BM is very good, but Superman is even better.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman wins. Based on ?

playa1258
BM wins.

You don't think Superman can't beat anyone Pendaran jr.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
You don't think Superman can't beat anyone Pendaran jr. superman puts up a good fight but goes down to the Thing.

He tried really hard for his fans but he couldn't stop mighty Thing. Dammit, marvel universe you're more powerful and you make more money.

One Big Mob
I think he can beat the Thing, whoever you are. Let's not get carried away here.

quanchi112
Let's not get carried away here. You are right.

Stoic
Superman wins 7/10 and has to work for it. BM is very good, but Superman is even better.

Why would you think that the disparity between the two would be that large?

playa1258
I want more feats from Marvel still.

playa1258
superman puts up a good fight but goes down to the Thing.

He tried really hard for his fans but he couldn't stop mighty Thing. Dammit, marvel universe you're more powerful and you make more money.

Both have beings with limitless power, so your point is moot.

quanchi112
Both have beings with limitless power, so your point is moot. Only one being in the dc has the power to destroy a planet.

laughing out loud

playa1258
You sound like a DBZ fan.

quanchi112
You sound like a DBZ fan. Nah, I hate that show.

playa1258
I hate the fans.

Genii96
Bm would win.

riv6672
Originally posted by Stoic
Overall, Superman has more feats. I'm assuming that we're using the Nu52 version of Superman? He would still have more feats. That being said, if we were to use averages, I would give BM a majority. He has faced characters in pretty high weight classes, and has done pretty well. One of many questions that should be asked and proven, is which one of these guys has a better track record in terms of wins, losses and anything else that could be used to support the person's pick. My final opinion on this is due to my give the champ the benefit of doubt mentality. BM needs more in order for me to say that he beats Superman.

Superman would have one hell of a fight against BM though, lets not get carried away with the 9/10's on either side parade. BM like Anti Man, or Sentry of that era, would be a long hard fought battle for Superman. I'm giving it to Superman, because he's the champ of getting back up and leaving his opponent lying in the dust. That's the way I see this fight going. At least for now. 5.5/10 for Superman.
Generally agree.
Right now its just a matter of one character having been around a bit longer. That and Supes is DCs feat machine while Marvel is more generous in sharing their big moments.
My 8/10 was due to OP stips, which i had nothing to do with, but wont ignore, like some posters seem to have.

h1a8
Superman is vastly faster (unless it's some BM feats I'm missing), has quicker and more effective long ranged attacks (hv), and has the cheating freeze breath.

Superman wins 10/10 with very little difficulty.

deathslash
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman is vastly faster (unless it's some BM feats I'm missing), has quicker and more effective long ranged attacks (hv), and has the cheating freeze breath.

Superman wins 10/10 with very little difficulty. BM is capable of flying from one side of the planet to the other in a few seconds. How is heat vision more effective than antimatter?

riv6672
^^^i was wondering about the speed. I knew he WAS fast, though, thanks for clarifying.
I did however, know BM's long range attacks stack up just fine if not better.

Surtur
So what destroyed all the recent characters in Marvel?

deathslash
Originally posted by Surtur
So what destroyed all the recent characters in Marvel? the beyonders

ghostman
superman stomps, 10/10 hes more powerful in everyway.

ghostman
Originally posted by deathslash
BM is capable of flying from one side of the planet to the other in a few seconds. How is heat vision more effective than antimatter?

by feats, thats how.

riv6672
If you say so.
Seems you're disregarding the fact that BM can use his anti matter in ways Superman cant use heat vision. He's very capable at long range.
I dont expect you to take my word for that of course.

Genii96
Antimatter kinda makes this unfair

abhilegend
Why? Superman has taken anti matter blasts from the likes of ICON and Mantis just fine.

DarkSaint85
Why? Superman has taken anti matter blasts from the likes of ICON and Mantis just fine.

Aren't the CSA all 'antimatter' anyway?

Genii96
Huh? He has taken antimatter blasts? Writers really need to up their knowledge on what happens when matter meets antimatter.....meh dnt lnow much on blue marvel though..

riv6672
Characters well below BM level have taken HV blasts in the same way (just fine), so, not a huge deal, then.

DarkSaint85
Huh? He has taken antimatter blasts? Writers really need to up their knowledge on what happens when matter meets antimatter.....meh dnt lnow much on blue marvel though..

Whilst they do so, they should also learn what happens when nuclear radiation meets human cells.

riv6672
^^^You mean besides getting super powers?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^You mean besides getting super powers?

If by 'powers', you mean 'raging cancer', then yes.

-K-M-

thumb up

riv6672

Originally posted by -K-M-
thumb up

Characters well below BM level have taken HV blasts in the same way (just fine), so, not a huge deal, then.

--------------------------//

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
If by 'powers', you mean 'raging cancer', then yes.
Well, i said BESIDES super powers...stick out tongue

Mindship
Huh? He has taken antimatter blasts? Writers really need to up their knowledge on what happens when matter meets antimatter. I'm with you. I'd like a little more respect for the extremes of physics, especially in those comics that fancy themselves more science fiction than fantasy. But unfortunately, when it comes to heralds (and the temptation of character one-upmanship), it seems writers routinely job the power of supernovae and black holes, and 'antimatter' is just another over-the-top casualty.

-------------------------------------------

Anyway, regarding Blue Marvel: he's very impressive, and he'll give Supes a damn good fight, but in the end, I say the original Flying Brick+ ftw.

Genii96
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Whilst they do so, they should also learn what happens when nuclear radiation meets human cells.

And what happens when someone moves ftl inside the earth's atmosphere.lolz

riv6672
^^^They build a Flash Museum in his honor.

DarkSaint85
^^^They build a Flash Museum in his honor.

thumb up

Khazra Reborn
Comic book anti-matter is not even close to the same thing as real world anti-matter. In comics it's basically nothing more than generic energy blasts.

Superman wins this, stronger, faster, etc.

riv6672
Originally posted by Mindship
Anyway, regarding Blue Marvel: he's very impressive, and he'll give Supes a damn good fight, but in the end, I say the original Flying Brick+ ftw.
^^^Didn't catch this.
I'd agree but, this is DCnu Superman.

deathslash
^^^Didn't catch this.
I'd agree but, this is DCnu Superman. oh yeah. Isn't superman currently extremely weak? BM should win with ease if that's the case.

riv6672
^^^Ha, forgot about that.
I was thinking more along the lines of DCnu Superman not being as good as Pre FP.

DarkSaint85
Pre DCnU Superman can also create anti matter, anyway.

Oh Robin, don't pretend like you know what Bats is talking about:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123129/3437533-1354743023-26441.jpg

Mindship
^^^Didn't catch this.
I'd agree but, this is DCnu Superman. My bad. Not that familiar with the DCnu version. However, he did do that 5-days-straight-with-no-rest/sun-earthweight-equivalent benchpressing feat, which (imho) at the very least rivals Boring Swan Superman's multi-planet towing feats. Does Blue Marvel have comparable accomplishments? (I don't know; genuinely asking.) As such, I still think Supes wins.

Oh wait --

When I wrote the "original Flying Brick+," did you think I meant just precrisis Superman? I meant "original" as in the first of his kind, not a particular version.

In any event, I will say this: prior to DC (at long friggin last) removing Supes' red underoos, BM definitely had the better suit. Even now, I'd say it's at least as good.

riv6672
My bad. Not that familiar with the DCnu version. However, he did do that 5-days-straight-with-no-rest/sun-earthweight-equivalent benchpressing feat, which (imho) at the very least rivals Boring Swan Superman's multi-planet towing feats. Does Blue Marvel have comparable accomplishments? (I don't know; genuinely asking.) As such, I still think Supes wins.
I dont pretend to be an expert on BM (threads like this help me learn), but i've already mentioned Supes has a feats edge due to several solo series/prominent member of DCs flagship team, etc. add to that posters discounting the feats BM does have...stick out tongue
Anyhow, i was impressed with the whole "could have split the moon in two" with one blow scene between him and the Watcher.
The moon's a quarter the size of earth so BM could conceivably take something Supes can bench for five days and break it in 4 blows.

Mindship
The moon's a quarter the size of earth so BM could conceivably take something Supes can bench for five days and break it in 4 blows. big grin That's certainly one way to look at it.

-K-M-
Uhhhhh what? No, that's not how it would work

Stoic
Uhhhhh what? No, that's not how it would work

How would it work IYO?

AsbestosFlaygon
Punching strength /= Pulling/pushing strength

The only advantage Superman has, imo, is he has more feats due to years of publication and being the face of DC. He's been established as DC's main character, something Marvel never had. Even after years of publication, they couldn't decide who the main character would be between Thor, Silver Surfer, Hulk, or Sentry. And now they even added Blue Marvel into the mess.

Anyway, we're supposed to be comparing feats in this board.
Due to the lack of feats for BM, I'm giving Supes at least a 6/10. There's no way we can gauge how strong those antimatter blasts are. If Thor or SS can tank those blasts (I dunno if they can; haven't read Marvel comics in years), then Supes sure as hell can.

riv6672
big grin That's certainly one way to look at it.
Yes, it is.
Mind you (no pun intended), there are posters on this board/in this thread who wont even acknowledge the feats BM does have, just arbitrarily saying

So, i dont feel bad for my extrapolation(s).

The below pretty much sums it up for me.

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Punching strength /= Pulling/pushing strength

The only advantage Superman has, imo, is he has more feats due to years of publication and being the face of DC. He's been established as DC's main character, something Marvel never had.

Mind you, its still a fun discussion after 4 pages.

h1a8
Let's assume they are equals in strength.
Superman is vastly faster with far greater reflexes.
His hv is more potent, accurate, and quicker coming out.
Supermans freeze breath can give him further advantage by slowing BM down more.

Speed alone gives Superman the win every single time.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Stoic
How would it work IYO?

Because watcher says he could have crack the moon doesn't mean he could destroy the planet in 4 punches erm is that really being debated?

Zack M
Superman.

Stoic
Because watcher says he could have crack the moon doesn't mean he could destroy the planet in 4 punches erm is that really being debated?

It wasn't my statement, not sure? It does seem pretty likely though that he could destroy a planet if he nearly split the moon. I just needed clarification on your statement. Either way I think Superman wins, but it's not going to necessarily be because Superman is vastly faster, or that his HV is going to overpower BM's AM powers. And it certainly hasn't been proven that SM's FB would have the overpowering effect that some believe. Superman would get major lumps here, even if he wins, both will know that they were in a rough fight. Anything other than that is wild speculation.

I also asked a question before. Maybe you can answer it? Was it ever confirmed or denied that BM was as powerful as Anti-Man?

-K-M-
No it does not. The earth has more volume (volume of the moon is 2% compared to the volume of the Earth), surface area (area of the Moon compared to Earth is only 7.4%) and mass. The mass of the Moon is only 1.2% of the mass of the Earth. So the density of the earth is also far more then the moon.

He was as powerful as classic anti-man. Upgraded beat him pretty easily and then in the rematch with the avengers bm "synch" with his powers which could have merged their power levels so it becomes murky as could have been attributed to bloodlust mode too

riv6672
It was MY statement, conjecture really, and i'm not asking you to debate it.
Feel free to give it as much credence as i give
Originally posted by h1a8
...Superman is vastly faster with far greater reflexes.
His hv is more potent, accurate, and quicker coming out.
Supermans freeze breath can give him further advantage by slowing BM down more...Speed alone gives Superman the win every single time.
Which is less than middling.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.