How is Sidious so strong physically

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
The dude is like 90 years old and super frail yet he can outpower Savage Opress and Maul. Is he just that strong with the force that he can augment his strength?

Sidious sends him flying, yet Adi kicking his knee does nothing and Obi had to kick him like 30 times

Savage is struggling to overpower him (you see what he did to obi and anakin when charging) while Palpatine struggles not

Emperordmb
The dude is only like 60 years old and has the power of force augmentation on his side.

NewGuy01
The Force, yeah.

carthage
He shattered a Lylek skull iirc in lords of the Sith, and their carapaces are sturdier than armor

ILS
He's just that good.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Kurk
The dude is like 90 years old and super frail yet he can outpower Savage Opress and Maul. Is he just that strong with the force that he can augment his strength?

Sidious sends him flying, yet Adi kicking his knee does nothing and Obi had to kick him like 30 times

Savage is struggling to overpower him (you see what he did to obi and anakin when charging) while Palpatine struggles not
You are blind? There is a forcepower that can heal your sight, or give you even betetr awsome yes, or give you super sens, make you able to see the future the past, see what happen at miles aways.

Get old? There is a force power for that that can give you super speed strengh agility dexterity and durability.

The same for pen-is problems.

That why sith don't care about their health care and physical apparence that much.. They can easly replace their lost physicalls abilities.....

The Merchant
Well, in the old canon Jedi/Sith's workout regime were so good that someone like Dooku was more physically and mentally fit than people half his age and he was in his 80's and that's without any force augmentation. With it he becomes even stronger. So yeah Palpatine being really strong is because of his training.

Nephthys
The Force is a much more significant factor in determining physical power than physique.

Unless you're a woman.

quanchi112
Due to force amping. On his own his body is pathetic.

NemeBro
Palpatine is the SW universe's version of Joe Greenstein. A small old guy with the physical strength of an Olympic strongman.

EmperorSidious2
Yes it's due to force augmentation. Even without force augmentation he still has some type of physical health as seen by how Dooku someone who was in his 80s is described as being better in shape than men half his age. Sidious with the force is amazingly strong that Darth maul seems like a child compared to Sidious.

quanchi112
Maul is a lot more athletic than Sidious. Sidious gets so bad he needs a cane so like Yoda when they use the force they are ok but when they don't they are feeble geriatrics.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by quanchi112
Maul is a lot more athletic than Sidious. Sidious gets so bad he needs a cane so like Yoda when they use the force they are ok but when they don't they are feeble geriatrics.

The cane at least for Sidious was mostly for show.

carthage
I don't know he did say he was weak in the movie, maybe that old weakling needed it after all in TCW

Revanchiste
Jedi can make jump of 50 meters highs according to Jedi academmy databank....
Try to do that without the force, I mean your bare legs...

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
He's just that good.

NTJack0
Maul is a lot more athletic than Sidious. Sidious gets so bad he needs a cane so like Yoda when they use the force they are ok but when they don't they are feeble geriatrics. http://i.imgur.com/y3G0g0s.gif

EmperorSidious2

Both of them using force augmentation all you need to do is watch there battle in the clone wars. Without the force Sidious actually isn't some frail old man as seen by Dooku who is described as being in beetr shape than men half his age. The can once again is defintly for,show as in the same movie he seen walking around it and if you look it up its actually thought of as a dark side artifact however that just maybe wishful thinking on someone else's part. However he is not some frail old man like you make him,out to,be.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zenwolf
The cane at least for Sidious was mostly for show. Nah, he was old and decrepit.

quanchi112
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Both of them using force augmentation all you need to do is watch there battle in the clone wars. Without the force Sidious actually isn't some frail old man as seen by Dooku who is described as being in beetr shape than men half his age. The can once again is defintly for,show as in the same movie he seen walking around it and if you look it up its actually thought of as a dark side artifact however that just maybe wishful thinking on someone else's part. However he is not some frail old man like you make him,out to,be. Maul is much more athletic without force amping. Sheev is pathetic without it. They are well past their physical primes but lean heavily on their force abilities at that age.

EmperorSidious2
Maul is much more athletic without force amping. Sheev is pathetic without it. They are well past their physical primes but lean heavily on their force abilities at that age.

While I'm willing to concede that maul in a certain light and Sidious in a certain form is more athletic than Sidious however talk him in TPM or possibly even ROTS and I might have to disagree. As you get older you do rely more on force augmentation as you said however that doesn't detract that whisk he is still younger in TPM and ROTS he might actually has some more natural physical strength than maul.

quanchi112
While I'm willing to concede that maul in a certain light and Sidious in a certain form is more athletic than Sidious however talk him in TPM or possibly even ROTS and I might have to disagree. As you get older you do rely more on force augmentation as you said however that doesn't detract that whisk he is still younger in TPM and ROTS he might actually has some more natural physical strength than maul. You have no evidence to suggest as much as he's still old. When you have evidence get back to me. Quit hoping and rely on hard facts not what ifs while ignoring common sense.

EmperorSidious2
You have no evidence to suggest as much as he's still old. When you have evidence get back to me. Quit hoping and rely on hard facts not what ifs while ignoring common sense.

Again depending on which version you take it. You would think Dooku being 83 would be defeated because he's old by a 41 year old who is younger and still in his prime or around it. No he has beaten people Hal his age so my point is common sense in this area tends to flag away. Palpatine being an unarmed master of teras kasi as stated by Plagueis he has been able to smash skulls and break wind pipes. I'm not trying to debate he is more athletic than maul I'm trying to tell you that even without the force he isn't some helpless old man.

Trocity
Originally posted by NTJack0
http://i.imgur.com/y3G0g0s.gif

laughing out loud thumb up

Lord Stark
The same way Yoda is referred to as a "whirlwind of destruction". The Force.

quanchi112
Again depending on which version you take it. You would think Dooku being 83 would be defeated because he's old by a 41 year old who is younger and still in his prime or around it. No he has beaten people Hal his age so my point is common sense in this area tends to flag away. Palpatine being an unarmed master of teras kasi as stated by Plagueis he has been able to smash skulls and break wind pipes. I'm not trying to debate he is more athletic than maul I'm trying to tell you that even without the force he isn't some helpless old man. Thr force can amp their abilities. Canon only. Sheev without the force is weak.

EmperorSidious2
Thr force can amp their abilities. Canon only. Sheev without the force is weak.

Where in these rules does it say canon only. It's called the Expanded Universe. Sheev even without the force is a solid guy. Of course with age it did wain however I'm not saying he is still going around killing people with his bare hands but he still is capable of doing so even without the force as he has been trained by Darth Plagueis in this art. Also if you bring up the Cen thing I've already rebutted that. He has clearly walked without it so he doesn't need it.

Tzeentch
People ITT are unironically trying to debate with Quan.

This is how you know whose new and whose been around the block.

quanchi112
Where in these rules does it say canon only. It's called the Expanded Universe. Sheev even without the force is a solid guy. Of course with age it did wain however I'm not saying he is still going around killing people with his bare hands but he still is capable of doing so even without the force as he has been trained by Darth Plagueis in this art. Also if you bring up the Cen thing I've already rebutted that. He has clearly walked without it so he doesn't need it. I am arguing canon from Disney's sense. With it he's something without it he's an old man. Canon only., if you want to argue eu find someone else.

FreshestSlice
I have yet to see Disney say that Sheev is feeble old man, but I'll wait for your sources.

EmperorSidious2
I am arguing canon from Disney's sense. With it he's something without it he's an old man. Canon only., if you want to argue eu find someone else.

Or you could stay in the movie versus forum where that is the rule however here all is allowed so while you may use canon only I'm using everything. smile

quanchi112
Or you could stay in the movie versus forum where that is the rule however here all is allowed so while you may use canon only I'm using everything. smile

By default, then, we will be keeping with the new Disney canon and all threads will normally proceed on that basis. This means that non-canon sources are not viable things to bring into a discussion- for example, talking about continuity related to Vader's fight with Luke in Splinter of the Mind's Eye (a novel so non-canon that it ended up shunted out of pretty much all interpretations of continuity) would effectively be off-topic and the mods would ask you to stop (with common sense involved of course- if talking about it in humour or just to contrast- in short, anything which knowingly appreciates its non-canon status and not using it to try and make a serious point- is fine)

Taken right from the rules here. Did you even bother to read them ?

smile smile smile

EmperorSidious2
By default, then, we will be keeping with the new Disney canon and all threads will normally proceed on that basis. This means that non-canon sources are not viable things to bring into a discussion- for example, talking about continuity related to Vader's fight with Luke in Splinter of the Mind's Eye (a novel so non-canon that it ended up shunted out of pretty much all interpretations of continuity) would effectively be off-topic and the mods would ask you to stop (with common sense involved of course- if talking about it in humour or just to contrast- in short, anything which knowingly appreciates its non-canon status and not using it to try and make a serious point- is fine)

Taken right from the rules here. Did you even bother to read them ?

smile smile smile

Oh yes I have the question is have you and if you have you read them all the way. If you read further you would know that the rules say if you want to talk legends than that's fine. So again it's your personal preference which is ok because it's your personal preference. However when someone brings up legends don't get all defensive. Also it's called the Expanded universe forum which means it's an entire forum dedicated to the EU. So while I accept your personal preference I must ask you do the same and also attempt to adapt as I have done. smile

quanchi112
Oh yes I have the question is have you and if you have you read them all the way. If you read further you would know that the rules say if you want to talk legends than that's fine. So again it's your personal preference which is ok because it's your personal preference. However when someone brings up legends don't get all defensive. Also it's called the Expanded universe forum which means it's an entire forum dedicated to the EU. So while I accept your personal preference I must ask you do the same and also attempt to adapt as I have done. smile Canon is canon legends is just fanfic at this point. I argue what counts not what doesn't. wink

EmperorSidious2
Canon is canon legends is just fanfic at this point. I argue what counts not what doesn't. wink

Or your own personal preference. wink This is why you don't go into Star Wars versus becuSe you know everything is allowed and it helps to make a better all around character. Really in my view the movies by themselves don't make any of the characters seem as powerful as they should be or Lucas thought of them to be. TCW does a better job however the books do the best due to having no limitations except for being a depiction of the movies which they are as according to Lucas for the most part. And in your world EU doesn't count however in the a lot of the fans here and in Star Wars versus forum and in many other places the EU is an important part.

quanchi112
Or your own personal preference. wink This is why you don't go into Star Wars versus becuSe you know everything is allowed and it helps to make a better all around character. Really in my view the movies by themselves don't make any of the characters seem as powerful as they should be or Lucas thought of them to be. TCW does a better job however the books do the best due to having no limitations except for being a depiction of the movies which they are as according to Lucas for the most part. And in your world EU doesn't count however in the a lot of the fans here and in Star Wars versus forum and in many other places the EU is an important part. I argue by what counts you argue by fan fic. Eu is rendered irrelevant but go ahead and worship it.

EmperorSidious2
I argue by what counts you argue by fan fic. Eu is rendered irrelevant but go ahead and worship it.

Again personal preference.

quanchi112
Again personal preference. Canon is official and counts. Your fanfics no longer are relevant.

EmperorSidious2
Canon is official and counts. Your fanfics no longer are relevant.

Expanded universe thread.

quanchi112
Expanded universe thread. Still fanfic.

Fated Xtasy
Still fanfic.

Quality fanfic tbh.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Quality fanfic tbh. Subjective.

NewGuy01
Fanfic or not, this is still the section for it. You really have no room to complain about it here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Fanfic or not, this is still the section for it. You really have no room to complain about it here. You are free to argue about that but just know I argue canon only.

The Merchant
That's fine Quanchi, however when people bring up sources not from the films don't start complaining about them.

NewGuy01
You are free to argue about that but just know I argue canon only.

Sounds fair enough to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.