KMC Fantasy Football League 2015

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF DELPH
Here's a link for KMC Fantasy Football:

https://yho.com/nfl?l=349106&k=7e9d4dd92aa456d3&ikey=31813f4173da0cda

Draft will be Saturday, August 22nd at 2p EST.

Open to anyone interested.

Digi
Joined. I'll customize my team at a later date. But thanks for setting it up.

thumb up

Now...

I'm always a fan of smaller benches/IR. Makes decisions of who to drop more harrowing.

Lol @ rushing yd. points and 50+ yd. field goals. I'll roll with whatever, but I'm more used to default values. Same on the 40+ yd. bonuses.

So if there are any votes to be cast on possible tweaks, those are my only thoughts.

MF DELPH
bump

celeyhyga17
Wuttup? You guys need more?

Can you join with an existing yahoo email account?

celeyhyga17
Nvm.. I'm in..

MF DELPH
Bump again.

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Digi
Joined. I'll customize my team at a later date. But thanks for setting it up.

thumb up

Now...

I'm always a fan of smaller benches/IR. Makes decisions of who to drop more harrowing.

Lol @ rushing yd. points and 50+ yd. field goals. I'll roll with whatever, but I'm more used to default values. Same on the 40+ yd. bonuses.

So if there are any votes to be cast on possible tweaks, those are my only thoughts.

Giving an extra point for splash plays, that's all. If you guys would rather have default it's no problem though.

celeyhyga17
How bout 0.5 ppr?

MF DELPH
The Shiva Bowl is a democracy. It's up for a vote.

celeyhyga17
Nice.

Where do we vote? Yahoo league site? I haven't used ffball on yahoo in minute.. Been using ESPN.. No longer familiar with it.

MF DELPH
Nah, here. I'm the commissioner. You guys vote on something, I'll enact it. Since I'm also a competitor I won't vote since it could be considered conflict of interest. Decisions will be up to you guys, I'll just be the executor.

Digi
F*ck PPR. There's my vote on that.

Only thing I see as strategy-altering, and therefore suspect, is that rushing is 1 pt. per 5 yds, and receiving is 1 pt. per 10 yds.

I'm cool with splash plays. It's hard to account for them anyway in drafts, aside from occasional tiebreakers.

Yahoo's a good site for fantasy. It's become my preferred one in recent years, over ESPN and a couple others.

MF DELPH
What do you suggest? Make both 1 pt for 10 yards?

Digi
Originally posted by MF DELPH
What do you suggest? Make both 1 pt for 10 yards?

Exactly. RBs will be heavily overvalued compared to WR and QB otherwise, even if we were to switch to PPR. Seriously, if the rules remain as-is, my first three rounds minimum will be RB.

On a slightly less fortunate note, I'm about 50/50 for the draft. Not asking to have it switched, just giving a heads-up.

Bardock42
Oh I love football....wait a minute, this seems to be about some sort of rugby like sport that's played in full armor, with your hands, and an egg instead of a ball....what gives.

psmith81992
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh I love football....wait a minute, this seems to be about some sort of rugby like sport that's played in full armor, with your hands, and an egg instead of a ball....what gives.

I love American football but soccer is the greatest sport on the planet. Actually I felt conflicted when I cheered hardcore for Germany in 2006 and 2010 World Cups.

Bardock42
Originally posted by psmith81992
I love American football but soccer is the greatest sport on the planet. Actually I felt conflicted when I cheered hardcore for Germany in 2006 and 2010 World Cups.

Should have cheered for Germany in 2014, happy ending!

Fantasy Football seems insanely complicated to me, I hardly understand how American Football works, and following that link there's like 100 variables. So do you "draft" a full team, or how many players?

Digi
You draft starters at key skill positions, mostly. You're not fielding a full team in a traditional sense; there's no good way to quantify offensive lineman stats, for example. Most of the points you receive boil down to yards and Touchdowns/Field Goals. Most other things are window dressing.

celeyhyga17
I vote 1 pt per 10 yrds in both rushing and receiving.

But I vote .5 ppr for all!!!!

psmith81992
Originally posted by Bardock42
Should have cheered for Germany in 2014, happy ending!

Fantasy Football seems insanely complicated to me, I hardly understand how American Football works, and following that link there's like 100 variables. So do you "draft" a full team, or how many players?

Germany had the best team in both world cups in my opinion but they were too inexperienced to deal with the dirty play from Spain in 2010 and it cost them.

Digi
Herp derp I'm European, what's this business about football? Soccer's clearly the best ya know, because we're cultured and don't think bacon is a national hero. Better go pat myself on the back now.

Seriously, gtfo. I like soccer but I'm ready to go WWII on your asses if you're not going to join the league to give me someone to beat down on.

stick out tongue uhuh

celeyhyga17
Provided it's a 0.5 ppr.

Muahahaha.

Mindset
Originally posted by psmith81992
Germany had the best team in both world cups in my opinion but they were too inexperienced to deal with the dirty play from Spain in 2010 and it cost them. Nope, Spain was the better team.

Digi
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Provided it's a 0.5 ppr.

Muahahaha.

I'll roll with whatever. Strategically it makes no difference to me. My issue with PPR is that it's redundant. We already get points for the yards, and in today's league, there's no real need to have a variable to bring WRs closer to RBs. They're both insanely valuable. But does a -2 yard catch help the team? No, it actually hurts them slightly. But it helps a fantasy team. So to me it detaches fantasy from real football. At that point it just feels like a math exercise, not a rough but believable facsimile of the actual sport.

psmith81992
Originally posted by Mindset
Nope, Spain was the better team. More experienced not more talented.

marwash22
damn. only 5 people. we still doing this?

Digi
we need 8 or it's a bit of a wash, imo. A shame, too. Maybe try the sport forum? We had a league there years ago. Might be a few still lurking that would be happy to join.

One Big Mob
You guys would have more luck doing European Soccer it seems.

I'd join this but I don't have the time/don't want to/don't pay attention to Fooseball. You should go drum up interest on the sports forum and go around other forums linking here in your sig.

MF DELPH
Draft has been postponed so we can try to add at least 3 more competitors and round it out to 8 teams.

New time is:

Date: Saturday August 29, 2015
Time: 11:00 am (PST)

Facee
Brandon Cooks sleeper pick ....ssshhhhh

Digi
So I think we're still at 5. While it's technically possible to still have a league with that many, it might be best to just call it. A shame, but that might be better than limping in with so few.

If the draft is still happening, though, I may be able to hop on, but it will have to be on my phone, which could be dicey. So we'll see.

marwash22
was hoping more people would join.

MF DELPH
Smh...

I'll postpone the draft one more week and if we can't get 3 more competitors by then I'll just kill it outright. Damn shame.

Digi
Well, an attempt was made. Shoot me a PM if we try again next year. Cheers.

Time-Immemorial
Tom Brady destroying. My points are up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.