The devil in Detroit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Actually Baphomet. But close enough.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/27/for-one-night-devil-is-in-detroit/

Dont see the big deal.
The people responsible were doing their thing before the statue was ever commissioned. I get being against it if you're uber religious but protesting it is a double edged sword.
The more controversy the cooler this will seem to the kids.
No pun intended but its a case of "damned if you do, damned if you dont".

Time-Immemorial
Fox News is the 666 network, makes sense why they report on this.

Star428
As disgusting as this is to me, people still have freedom of religion in this country. They're free to worship that lying murdering bastard if they like as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Shakyamunison
The devil is not real. A statue will not change that.

Time-Immemorial
The devil is real, he just convinced everyone he wasn't. Pretty genius con...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

Is that what Santa Clause did also?

Flyattractor
So Baphomet is selling it self to the Devil just like Detroit did?

Whodda guessed the Devil was into crappy real estate deals?!

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Santalaughing out loud

Star428
Santa is actually based on a real person named St. Nicholas who lived long ago. He has been turned into something he's not by generations of storytellers in much the same way Satan has been made out to be some fictional character with a pitchfork and a pointed tail. LOL. That's exactly what he wants, of course. To deceive people into believing he's just made up so he (or his demonic brethren) can continue to influence them without them realizing he's doing it.

riv6672
Another thread turned into "God (in this case via the devil) doesnt exist, i'm right you're wrong" by Shaky. What a surprise.Reported.

riv6672
Originally posted by Star428
As disgusting as this is to me, people still have freedom of religion in this country. They're free to worship that lying murdering bastard if they like as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.
There's that to consider.
As long as they're not breaking any laws, they come out looking better than the protesting group(s).
Its really a no lose situation for them.

Star428
Originally posted by riv6672
Another thread turned into "God (in this case via the devil) doesnt exist, i'm right you're wrong" by Shaky. What a surprise.Reported.

thumb up

Time-Immemorial
Santa is actually based on a real person named St. Nicholas who lived long ago. He has been turned into something he's not by generations of storytellers in much the same way Satan has been made out to be some fictional character with a pitchfork and a pointed tail. LOL. That's exactly what he wants, of course. To deceive people into believing he's just made up so he (or his demonic brethren) can continue to influence them without them realizing he's doing it.

Satans greatest accomplishment was combing the world he doesn't exist, then getting scientist to come up with the term aliens, then Hollywood to come up movies about them. Satan does not want us to know he exists cause if he exists it proves Gods existence.

Shakyamunison
Santa is actually based on a real person...

That delivers presents to every child on Earth on Christmas morning? Obviously we are not talking about Nicholas.

Surtur
I can't be the only one who thought of "Supernatural" upon seeing this thread.

Shakyamunison
Santalaughing out loud

There are a lot of parallels between Satan and Santa Clause.

1. Both are fictional characters that do something world wide.

2. Both are believes to exist by children.

3. Both are 0% responsible for the things they claim to do.

The main difference between the two are that when we get old enough our parents tell us that Santa Clause does not exist.

They are both personifications, and personifications are not real.

Time-Immemorial
That delivers presents to every child on Earth on Christmas morning? Obviously we are not talking about Nicholas.

The devil is real, whether you believe in him or not. If you don't hes succeeded and has no plans for or against you, you are basically not a threat.

Shakyamunison
Satans greatest accomplishment was combing the world he doesn't exist, then getting scientist to come up with the term aliens, then Hollywood to come up movies about them. Satan does not want us to know he exists cause if he exists it proves Gods existence.

And unicorns also don't want you to believe they exist. Do you see the illogic in this argument? It is a self-perpetuating delusion. Humans are responsible for 100% of all the evil in the world.

Shakyamunison
The devil is real, whether you believe in him or not. If you don't hes succeeded and has no plans for or against you, you are basically not a threat.

With this way of thinking Santa Clause must be real.

Time-Immemorial
Its different

Shakyamunison
Its different

laughing out loud

Check this out:

Santa : Satan : If you move the "n" in Satan to just after the first "a" you get Santa. Proof that both Santa Clause and Satan exist. eek! laughing out loud

That is a similar type of logic to what you are using.

Time-Immemorial
Except Santa does not have 1000's of books written about him, 95% of the worlds population believing in some form of God and thousands of year old books writen about him.

Flyattractor
There's that to consider.
As long as they're not breaking any laws, they come out looking better than the protesting group(s).
Its really a no lose situation for them.

I can see this becoming a "Bad Tourist" Attraction. aka teens constantly screwing around it.

To bad they didn't do this back in the good old heavy metal devil worshipping head banger days of music.

Shakyamunison
Except Santa does not have 1000's of books written about him, 95% of the worlds population believing in some form of God and thousands of year old books writen about him.

So the number of books and popularity makes something true.

Do you believe in man made global warming?

Time-Immemorial
The ancient had more knowledge and were more in touch with spirituality and God. Now politics and iPhone are peoples gods.

So you believe that 95% of the world is wrong and what ever fraction of a .00000000000000000000000000000001% your faith has on its impact of telling people God does not exist?

Makes no sense.

Shakyamunison
The ancient had more knowledge and were more in touch with spirituality and God. Now politics and iPhone are peoples gods.

So you believe that 95% of the world is wrong and what ever fraction of a .00000000000000000000000000000001% your faith has on its impact of telling people God does not exist?

Makes no sense.

"The ancient had more knowledge"?

Like the flat Earth, the Earth was the center of the universe and if there was a flood, then a witch was to blame?

Until we (all of humanity) can give up this belief in Satan, and take responsibility for the evil that we (all of humanity) create, we (all of humanity) will never be able to change for the better.

Time-Immemorial
Agree to disagree, whats the point of arguing

Me: There is a God
You: There is no God
Me: Yes there is
You: No there isn't

Now what?

Surtur

Now what?

Technically the next step would be you providing evidence God exists.

Shakyamunison

Now what?

I never said anything about God. I am not an atheist. I simply do not believe in Satan.

Perhaps I am confused: is Satan your God?

Yamcha
Someone needs to appear with Kryptonite by Three Doors Down playing on loop and settle this the way all things on this earth should be settled, with their fists. They should start off with a smashing blow straight to the statues stomach as it echos throughout Detroit, so loudly it even blows Murphy's circuits, then follow it up with a smirk an a flurry of kicks, jump back and shout out loudly with their arms curled at their sides and stare at the beast in righteous anger and charge back in releasing a thunderous KIAI followed by a series of haymakers just chipping away at the beast as everyone gasps, proving that the passion an pride of man is the most overwhelming force in the universe, no need for tools, just bare flesh against the construct, with lighting fast movements, flickers an kicks, dashing around the object widdling it away piece by piece until it crumbles under the impact of human might, our hero then runs up the crumbling demonic entity, grabs it by the horns and swings on them using the momentum to drive his heroic knee straight through the creatures face shattering the satanic construct once and for all.

The spell will then be lifted from Detroit and the sun will rise once more, it'll become the most prosperous city ever to exist in the world. An the hero? Well he vanishes soon after, but worry not for he is ready to appear once more if the city is ever in need.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Surtur
Technically the next step would be you providing evidence God exists.

I can't prove God exists to a unbeliever, faith is a gift for God.

Time-Immemorial
I never said anything about God. I am not an atheist. I simply do not believe in Satan.

Perhaps I am confused: is Satan your God?

Nice, Glad to hear you believe in God.

Shakyamunison
Nice, Glad to hear you believe in God.

But what does that have to do with Satan?

Lestov16
I believe Satan exists as The Book of Job describes him, a tempter. That being stated, if a person wants to worship Satan and isn't hurting anybody, I have no problem with that.

Trocity

Keyser Soze.

Trocity
"The ancient had more knowledge"?

Like the flat Earth, the Earth was the center of the universe and if there was a flood, then a witch was to blame?

laughing

Surtur
faith is a gift for God.

So that Chip-N-Dip I got him probably won't go over very well.

riv6672
^^^Heh!

Badabing
The topic is a statue of Satan in Detroit. If people have nothing to add to the discussion then please refrain from posting. Saying that something isn't real serves no purpose but to antagonize or push an agenda. The statue is real, stay on topic. Thank you.

Shakyamunison
Why would anyone be upset about a statue?

riv6672
Why would anyone be upset about a statue?
Why would anyone continuously post in threads made by someone they have on ignore?
Chalk both up to human nature.

Time-Immemorial
Why would anyone post and worry about anyone else if they have them on ignore. You read every post, your just a troll.

As to the topic. Shaky, saying God is not real isn't the issue. The issue is people posting statues of Satan and demanding the people believing in God take their religious stuff down from public places, like the 10 commandments.

Shakyamunison
Why would anyone post and worry about anyone else if they have them on ignore. You read every post, your just a troll.

As to the topic. Shaky, saying God is not real isn't the issue. The issue is people posting statues of Satan and demanding the people believing in God take their religious stuff down from public places, like the 10 commandments.

If the statue is on public property, then it should be taken down just to be fair. However, I really don't have a problem with things like the 10 commandments on public land.

Surtur
What kind of public land would make a good place for the 10 commandments? Before you answer: take vandalism into account.

riv6672
Ooh, nice caveat.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Surtur
What kind of public land would make a good place for the 10 commandments? Before you answer: take vandalism into account.

I was just saying "I don't care".

riv6672
Nice fallback.

Adam_PoE
The unveiling was last Saturday. I was there. It was awesome.

Time-Immemorial
Pics or it didn't happen.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Really? big grin Did it posses you? wink

riv6672
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Any problems?
Hope you enjoyed it.

Time-Immemorial
You would say that, the devil inside you made you make this thread.

riv6672
http://patch.com/michigan/dearborn/devil-detroit-baphomet-monument-religious-liberty-or-satanism-0

I was trying to find the name of the sculptor, see what else he'd done. A (quick) search didnt give me a name, but i guess someone earned themselves $100,000.00. Nooice.

Time-Immemorial
Nice caviAt

Omega Vision
You found a way to involve aliens in a conspiracy about Satan. You must be a level 5 conspiracy theorist. At level 6 your scalp starts producing tin foil naturally.

Robtard

riv6672
And thats why its a win win for the satanists.

Shakyamunison
The statue is not of Satan or the devil. It is of Baphomet.

...and it has a political edge to it.

http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/columnists/nancy-kaffer/2015/07/27/why-satanic-statue-really-isnt-devil/30739597/

Here is a description of Baphomet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphomet

Adam_PoE
Pics or it didn't happen.

We were not allowed to take our own pictures. They had a professional photographer who took our pictures with the statue. He is supposed to email our pictures to us after he finishes processing them. He is doing them in batches. I do not have mine yet.

Star428
So you're a confirmed Satanist then. Good to know.

Adam_PoE

Shakyamunison

Shakyamunison
Correction from above:

You can't have freedom unless you give freedom.

riv6672
Well, i hope that helped them sleep well...roll eyes (sarcastic)
Thanks for responding.
Any idea who sculpted the piece? Interested in both seeing some of his/her other work, and whether or not any backlash has been received fir this commission.

Time-Immemorial
So you're a confirmed Satanist then. Good to know.

laughing

Surtur
http://patch.com/michigan/dearborn/devil-detroit-baphomet-monument-religious-liberty-or-satanism-0

I was trying to find the name of the sculptor, see what else he'd done. A (quick) search didnt give me a name, but i guess someone earned themselves $100,000.00. Nooice.

I can give you his name: Louis Cyphre.

riv6672
Wow, okay. Will look him up! thumb up

Surtur
It should be pointed out that satanists do not actually worship Satan at all. The only quality of the traditional "Satan" they admire would be his rebellious spirit.

Wow, okay. Will look him up! thumb up

Lol no..well, you can, but that is not the guy I was kidding. The guy is from a movie called "Angel Heart" with Robert DeNiro.. Sound out the entire name as one word to see what it pronounces..

riv6672
Damn, i havent watched that movie since the Cosby Show was on the air! laughing
Well played, Sir!

~Bun Bun~
Just to add something here, I live in the metro Detroit area and know a few people who went. These individuals are open minded such as myself and said everyone there was kind and the atmosphere was peaceful. They did mention showing up at the public mentioned address then being given a paper with the secret spot. That didn't really add much but yeah smile

riv6672
I find it great to know that the folks showing up to see the unveiling were just that. Folks.

DarthAnt66
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CV0VSxWUsAAL5Rj.jpg

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRWbIoIR04c)

EDIT: Actually, it's a "thing": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hoEi_f5twI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.