Mafia III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
http://www.ibtimes.com/mafia-iii-officially-announced-trailer-out-next-week-2028945

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/gs-news-top-5-fallout-4-is-basically-done-and-mafi/2300-6426268/

Officially announced, trailer out next week.

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2015/07/28/mafia-iii.jpg

Thoughts?

THIS IS AN AMAZING YEAR TO BE A GAMER!

Kazenji
Looking forward to it

only just got the second one through Steam recently, Big improvement on the first one

looks like they've gone with the 1960's or 70's going by that promo picture.

Utrigita
I look forward to this, the second was a improvement from the first, and I imagine the third will to be a improvement, so overall very optimistic smile That and I'm a completely in love with the Mafia series smile

Kazenji
Wonder if they can outdo the the second game on the F Bombs.

Smasandian
Maybe. I'm hoping it's a bit a different era than previous games. It might look like it takes place in the 70's, which would be a good idea to explore a different time period.

Tzeentch
For some reason I thought this was a thread for the next Assassin's Creed game, so when I saw Smas' post I got super excited.

Kazenji
wow i was close for the era

trailer in the link
http://au.ign.com/videos/2015/08/05/mafia-3-announcement-trailer-gamescom-2015

Smasandian
I'm very interested in the period they are doing and especially interested in the location of New Orleans. It's nice to see a game try something different other than New York, LA and Chicago.

But......I think the voice sounds ****ing dumb. Sounds like Bale's Batman voice but all the time.....

Kazenji
I never had a problem with Bale's Batman voice.

Smasandian
I never did either. It made sense considering you can't really have the same voice as your doppelganger.

I know what I wrote sounds like I didn't like the voice in all three Batman movies but what I meant was the voice in the trailer sounds dumb because it would be present throughout the game instead of bite size chunks.

Also, the character model does not look like it would have a voice that low. He needs to be like 7 feet tall and 300 pounds of muscle.

KingD19
The bass singer from Pentatonix looks nothing like his voice. He's got one of the deepest voices I've ever heard and he looks like this.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/7d350816256969ec192bf2c22c85ecae/tumblr_n7a5e1GHWx1tcxpeio1_r1_500.gif

Smasandian
Meh, still a shitty voice.

Jmanghan
...So, we're not gonna learn what happened to Vito? Or Joe?

Smasandian
Well, the second game had a mission where you killed the main character from the first game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing in Mafia 3.

Jmanghan
Yeah, but thats because The first character dies at the end of the first game, and he betrayed the mob, which Vito never did.

Either way, it'd kinda suck to never find out what happened to them, though its worth pointing out that Joe had a loaded pistol when he entered his limo.

Smasandian
I forgot he died at the end of the game.

But it doesn't really matter. They can still have something very similar to the mission the second game. It's pretty easy to work out.

Also, I think it's assumed that Joe died.

Demonic Phoenix
Vito is supposed to be one of Clay's lieutenants, so if that's true, he's still alive.

Jmanghan
Who the f*ck is Clay?...

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Who the f*ck is Clay?...

Have you been paying attention?

Jmanghan
You mean the trailer? Didn't see Vito there.

Kazenji
the clue is in the quote i made.

Jmanghan
That guy is not Vito Scaletta, not even an aged Vito Scaletta, it looks nothing like him.

Some dude changed the Mafia Wiki and said that is Vito, but... No, that can't be him, that isn't him, because it looks ABSOLUTELY nothing like him. That dude couldn't even be a relative of his.

Jmanghan
Anyways, here's the trailer.

watch?v=jQI6Cq74HYo

Kazenji
That guy is not Vito Scaletta, not even an aged Vito Scaletta, it looks nothing like him.

Some dude changed the Mafia Wiki and said that is Vito, but... No, that can't be him, that isn't him, because it looks ABSOLUTELY nothing like him. That dude couldn't even be a relative of his.

What?

that's because its Lincoln Clay.

Jmanghan
Not the protagonist, the guy with the grey hair with the suit on that's with Clay at the end of the trailer.

Kazenji
Didn't say it was.

Jmanghan
Then who do you assume is Vito??

Jmanghan
Ok, so here's an inside look at the protagonist.

watch?v=CSSjDpDxurU

Kazenji
Then who do you assume is Vito??

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
**** articles, trailers or nothing!

Kazenji
Same to you.

Jmanghan
The only reason I posted the articles in the first place was because there was no trailers yet.

Kazenji
He is supposedly in the trailer

the guy in the suit with the grey hair.

KingD19
One if the developers says Vito is one of your LT's in the game.

Jmanghan
Whatever. **** video games.

Are they gone? I didn't mean that, baby. -Rubs Skyrim case lovingly-

Smasandian
What's your problem?

KingD19
I could understand being upset if Joe showed up. Considering they made it pretty clear they were at least going to try and murder him after they split he and Vito up. But iirc Vito was basically the golden boy after he got done with that whole fight and they welcomed him back with open arms.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Smasandian
What's your problem? He's not canadian.

Jmanghan
Couldn't they just completely destroy all the families in New Orleans? They took out half the asians, destroyed all of the Falcone family, and damaged Frank Vinci's group pretty badly, like what the ****, Vito? Just kill Frank Vinci and save Joe.

KingD19
Maybe Vito is in New Orleans because he did something bad to save Joe and they had to leave Empire Bay? There's no story aside from the fact that Clay joined the Black Mob, then the Italians wiped them out and left him for dead. Now he's bringing other groups/mafias together to take the fight back to the boogeymen of the organized crime world. The Irish, the Haitians, and Vito's brand of Italians from what the interviews are saying.

But you can't just get pissed with almost no information to go on.

Kazenji
bTpHauubcsw

Kazenji
So much whining from the fans for this third game on FB

things such as how its not even a Mafia game because of the main character not being a Mafia member...things like that.

Smasandian
That's kind of dumb....

One thing I hope they continue to add is the incredible immersion both cities had in the previous games and the very good missions structures as well.

I never had an issue with Mafia 2 on not being open worldish. There wasn't really anything to do but the missions themselves. I never had a problem with that because I just attributed the city as being the linear maps other single players had. Why can't a developer make a game that you can drive anywhere you want but use it as way to tell a story??? I don't see a need for developers fill the world with shit to do just because movement is open and not contained like Uncharted (for ex.)

From what I have seen from articles/videos, I don't know if the game will follow similar gameplay mechanics as the previous because it does look like GTA clone.

Kazenji
That's kind of dumb....

Noticed they're also people complaining on the Mafia 2 Steam forum

I quite like the extra things to do in a open world, As long as the activities are "good" and not half good and half crap like with the Assassin Creed games.

Jmanghan

I quite like the extra things to do in a open world, As long as the activities are "good" and not half good and half crap like with the Assassin Creed games. Mafia needs a fight club

Actually, every open-world game with H2H combat should have a fight club :/

Jmanghan
Also, Zenji, you seem pretty excited for this game.

I mean, I'm excited, but I don't expect it to be mind-blowing like GTA V or Skyrim was.

Kazenji
Also, Zenji, you seem pretty excited for this game.

Get your radar system fixed.

Jmanghan
I don't understand what you mean. Are you not excited for this game?

If thats a reference to something I have no idea what.

Smasandian

I quite like the extra things to do in a open world, As long as the activities are "good" and not half good and half crap like with the Assassin Creed games.

Yes. I guess Mafia 1and 2 shouldn't be called open world.

It's a linear game that happens to be in a large city. But people expected it to be filled with extra things to do when in fact, it was just a very large linear map.

It's hard to explain but I just felt the developers created that area to increase the realism and immersion in the world they tried to create.

jinXed by JaNx

things such as how its not even a Mafia game because of the main character not being a Mafia member...things like that.

If the game ends up having nothing to do with the Italian mafia other than a reference or two i can understand their complaints. For as interesting as the trailer is i was a bit disappointed to not see any direct connection to the Italian mafia. However, i understand it's just a teaser trailer.

Personally though, i only want to see the story revolve around the mafia in some manner because i want to see continuity from the previous game extended. Even though this brand has been cemented in delivering fans a story based around the, Italian mafia i wouldn't mind if the series wanted to start focusing on other areas of organized crime just as long as the previous games were incorporated in some manner.

This is probably a moot point, however, because from what i understand, Vito is going to be an important character in the game.

KingD19
Not only is Vito an important character where I assume you find out what happened to him, what happened to Joe, and why he's not with the Mafia anymore since he's one of Clay's lieutenants.

You're going directly against the Italian Mafia after the smack the Black Mob down for whatever reason(encroaching on turf or an insult or something). So it's not like they're ghosts you only see once and then never hear from again. These guys will be the main antagonist focus for probably the entirety of the game.

jinXed by JaNx
Yes. I guess Mafia 1and 2 shouldn't be called open world.

It's a linear game that happens to be in a large city. But people expected it to be filled with extra things to do when in fact, it was just a very large linear map.

It's hard to explain but I just felt the developers created that area to increase the realism and immersion in the world they tried to create.

Maybe it's because i was so enamored with the story and characters but i wasn't bothered by the lack of side activities. For as good as the story was in, Mafia 2, i think the open world aspect was very important to the game. As you mentioned, i believe the free roaming aspect was probably added just to further immerse the player in the atmosphere but i think it worked perfectly. The aesthetics never got dull and even though there was no reason to explore the world, i found myself constantly doing so. What types of side activities would you like to see, Mafia 3 include?

The only ones i can think of would be property buying and maybe turf wars. I liked what Godfather 2 tried to do with buying/growing/protecting property. I think something like that could work, as well as actually recruiting people to your family.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by KingD19
Not only is Vito an important character where I assume you find out what happened to him, what happened to Joe, and why he's not with the Mafia anymore since he's one of Clay's lieutenants.

You're going directly against the Italian Mafia after the smack the Black Mob down for whatever reason(encroaching on turf or an insult or something). So it's not like they're ghosts you only see once and then never hear from again. These guys will be the main antagonist focus for probably the entirety of the game.

that sounds great

KingD19
I'm honestly damn excited for it. Might go back and play Mafia 2 just to get back in the mood.

I do also like the Godfather idea of buying property, defending it, growing it, etc...

I know for a fact you can do something similar from that gameplay trailer. You can take over turf and use it for your own purposes, and you get a unique bonus depending on what lieutenant you put in charge, plus a percentage of the profits they bring in from that property.

Maybe they'll mix it with some GTA and you can buy homes as well.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by KingD19
I'm honestly damn excited for it. Might go back and play Mafia 2 just to get back in the mood.

I do also like the Godfather idea of buying property, defending it, growing it, etc...

I know for a fact you can do something similar from that gameplay trailer. You can take over turf and use it for your own purposes, and you get a unique bonus depending on what lieutenant you put in charge, plus a percentage of the profits they bring in from that property.

Maybe they'll mix it with some GTA and you can buy homes as well. Saints Row 2 and Assassin's Creed Revelations did something similar, if its anything like that, then this'll be exciting.

Jmanghan
Bump

FinalAnswer
Wish I was getting a Goodfellas style game about the fall of the Italian Mafia.

Oh well.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Wish I was getting a Goodfellas style game about the fall of the Italian Mafia.

Oh well. The Dialogue and story in Mafia II was really good though.

...Now go home and get your ****in' shinebox.

FinalAnswer
Too bad Mafia 3 is being made by a completely different team then the guys who did 2.

Jmanghan
You don't think it looks good?

Smasandian
I think the location is interesting and I wonder how far they will go in getting the immersion and atmosphere nailed down. That was the strength of the first two Mafia's and probably the only reason anybody really cared for the series (and the excellent missions you partook in).

But the little I see, it looks like they are going into the Ubisoft direction and making it more gamey than the other games in the series.

Jmanghan
I think the location is interesting and I wonder how far they will go in getting the immersion and atmosphere nailed down. That was the strength of the first two Mafia's and probably the only reason anybody really cared for the series (and the excellent missions you partook in).

But the little I see, it looks like they are going into the Ubisoft direction and making it more gamey than the other games in the series.

Think it'll still have as strong writing? I mean, as long as it looks, feels, and SOUNDS like Mafia, its still Mafia, regardless of how "gamey" it is.

One thing I praised Mafia II was the fantastic melee combat.

FinalAnswer
You don't think it looks good?

It's being directed by the guy who wrote The Force Unleashed 2

Smasandian
Think it'll still have as strong writing? I mean, as long as it looks, feels, and SOUNDS like Mafia, its still Mafia, regardless of how "gamey" it is.

One thing I praised Mafia II was the fantastic melee combat.

It's hard to explain but the gameplay videos I saw did not look like a Mafia game. It's not necessarily a bad thing but Mafia was kind of on it's own in regards to open world games. It was it's own niche, similar to how LA Noire was. While you had the regular missions that would you see in other games, it had this really cool old school immersion to it where it didn't have a billion things on the HUD showcasing every single event and you had to drive the speed limit and not run over people or you were ****ed.

I did not get that feeling and it kind of sucked. Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if the publisher shoehorns ideas from other companies.

Jmanghan
We always have the old games, if anything, most of us don't even care about Lincoln Clay, we just wanna know what happened to Vito.

Mafia II does have replayability, if you're into that whole GTA Rampage kinda thing, to a lesser extent, of course.

I'll never get tired of pushing people and getting into epic fights, watching women freak out and run away, the gunplay of me versus the cops.

No game did foot chases and car chases like the Mafia series, thats a fact, Sleeping Dogs came close, IMO, GTA was... meh...

I dunno, its gameplay is charming to the point you don't really need anything else to do.

Kazenji
Noticed the first & second game got pulled from Steam.

Jmanghan
Noticed the first & second game got pulled from Steam.

You're kidding, right?

Kazenji
No, I'm not

i was going to get the rest of the DLC for Mafia 2 too

but since people own it they still got access to it that's a good thing. Except not so much for people haven't purchased it.

Smasandian
It's probably a rights issue with the music. Or the Playboy magazines.

Kazenji
It's being directed by the guy who wrote The Force Unleashed 2

And?

he also was the writer on Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter, That one was good.

FinalAnswer
Are you comparing Jedi Starfighter's writing to Mafia 1 and 2?

Jmanghan
Are you comparing Jedi Starfighter's writing to Mafia 1 and 2? He's saying that even though he's had bad work on some games, he's also had good work as well.

FinalAnswer
I'd call it passable work, I certainly wouldn't use it as an example that he could live up to the stories of the previous two games.

Tzeentch
Jedi Starfighter had a far more complex and nuanced story than Mafia and Mafia 2 though.

Kazenji
He's saying that even though he's had bad work on some games, he's also had good work as well.

That's pretty much what i'm getting at.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Jedi Starfighter had a far more complex and nuanced story than Mafia and Mafia 2 though.

You look like a ****ing ballsack.

Tzeentch
Is that why your boyfriend can't keep his lips off me?

FinalAnswer
Ugly looking stupid ****-face. I could piss in any gutter and soak five of you.

Tzeentch
Quote Game of Thrones at me again and I'll be wearing your ****ing face as a party mask tomorrow morning.

FinalAnswer
Strike me down and I'll become more powerful then you can possibly imagine.

Jmanghan
Strike me down and I'll become more powerful then you can possibly imagine. I'll stick that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle.

FinalAnswer
I'll stick a popsicle up your ass and make you my boy.

Kazenji
Hoping the save system for this game is better then the 2nd one, Been playing it lately and why the hell can you only save your game only by progressing further with the game

especially when you go out of your way to by some clothes, Guns & Tune some of the cars up and if you quit the game, There goes all that progress.

Smasandian
Really, I don't remember that.

That sucks!

Kazenji
They needed to take a page from Rockstar, Go back to your house and save when you rest.

Smasandian
Or how about auto-save after doing everything. Buy something...auto-save. Do something....auto-save.

Kazenji
That too.

Kazenji
Reading the 2nd game will be re-released on Steam along with its DLC

finally i can get the other Story DLC.

Kazenji
ZR1pK2CHuPA

Dtb5DjFzp-k

Jmanghan
I'll stick a popsicle up your ass and make you my boy.

Thats not a movie quote :'(

Kazenji
NWKH-Jgo9M0

Kazenji
The World of New Bordeaux

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5d9ebSsdlE

Kazenji
JvyYCltQAuA

Jmanghan
Zenji, you're excited for this game.

EXCITEMENT SUPREME TACOS WOO!!!!!!

Kazenji
Stop snorting lines of coke, its bad for ya.

Kazenji
Racists outraged at being able to kill racists

https://8bitdigi.com/2016/10/01/racists-outraged-that-mafia-iii-allows-players-to-kill-klansmen/

Kazenji
Picked up my copy today

played about 2 or 3 hours of it so far, The City during the day has a haze over it not sure if its to do with the weather.

Jmanghan
Is it any good?

Kazenji
Well so far i've found it good

other's might feel different, Also regarding the weather system in the game it has some sort of bug with it at the moment goes through the changes way to quickly. Not really something that makes me want to hate the game.

jinXed by JaNx
I'm disappointed with this game. The story and characters are bland. Mafia 2 offered a deep and well realized story with authentic characters. The story in, Mafia 3 is essentially the same exact story except, this time, you're a disgruntled black man coming home from a war. Also, this time, the main character isn't even apart of the, Mafia. Such a lazy effort.

Although, the game play is still fun and worth playing. I just can't but see wasted potential every time i play it.

Kazenji
The story and characters are not bland, Far from it

its the gameplay to do with the rackets that let it down, Its okay the first couple of times but then its the same thing all the way through.

jinXed by JaNx
The main character was ok but not for a, Mafia game or at least how it was written. It all felt too contrived and rushed for me. I lost interest pretty early.

Yeah, i didn't mind the rackets. It's just a shame you couldn't do more with them. There just needed to be more. The game hints at being able to build a crime organization but again, doesn't do anything to expand on the idea nor do you have very much control over it.

Kazenji
The side missions have more variety then the main ones

another thing they also failed at is the choice to go in gun's blazing or Stealthily with the rackets, Doesn't really matter either way especially how alot of the gameplay trailer's made out it did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.