Artifacts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Area Vet
Batman finds a transplanted Mjolnir in D.C.U. He raises it based on his no kill mantra and finally becomes a badass. He chooses to keep the power and master it, thus altering the character. The question begs:

Does Batman become Superman's equal?

ShadowFyre
He becomes his superior in several ways. His equal in some, and is still behind him in others.

Strength-as I see it Slight edge to Supes> Thor>>wielder of Mjolnir.
Durability-overall wash imo they have both had high and low showings, and they have both taken blasts or hits that people on their level have no reason taking.
Speed-Supes in cqc and a wash or Mjolnir in straight up flight speed.
Versatility-Mjolnir>>Supes

In a straight up fight in character, Bruce should dominate Superman, based off his skill and knowledge of Superman and newly aquired matter and energy manip, magical attack, and now the strength,durability,damage soak and flight speed to contend with him, a Batman wielding Mjolnir would take more wins than the actual Odinson ( even though Thor is still overall quite a bit more powerful than a mere wielder of Mjolnir).

zopzop
Batman isn't Thor though. How much can he possibly 'master' a hammer that's been in Thor's possession for hundreds of years?

Thor with Mjolnir is in all ways superior to Batman with Mjolnir.

And Thor with Mjolnir vs Superman already happened on panel (and is canon to Marvel), that didn't end well for Thor.

ShadowFyre
Because of his "knowledge" of Superman. Now, I have no answer for the mastery part. Thor is one of the most poorly written characters in Marvel comics. Jane Foster has used Mjolnir more intelligently than Thor has. So you totally have me unable to answer that part as it is PIS.

Do you agree with my stats comparison?

Im basing an actual fight off of the facts that Bruce has used prep and whatnot to take on the entire JL and he didnt have a fraction of the power he now has.

Im also basing this off I think Bruce would keep Mjolnir a secret and would have knowledge of Supes powers but not vice versa.

The op basically gives Batman one sided prep. If Supes goes all out with strength and speed without cis or pis then he should win.

But then again, there is no actual fight, just "if they are equals" so I stand by my statement. He is now Clarks superior in some ways and still behind him in others.

zopzop
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Do you agree with my stats comparison?
Yes.

I also agree that if Batman gets the drop on SM, it's over for SM (ie SM doesn't know Batman is now a CL100 being with a Trans level artifact). You'll notice that when SM and Thor met the first time, Thor rocked him with a Mjolnir strike (because SM had no knowledge of who Thor or Mjolnir were).

Scoobless
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
He raises it based on his no kill mantra

I know it's a thread, so it doesn't really matter, but Thor does kill his enemies (occasionally)
A no-killing policy may actually prevent him from lifting it.
Also having a secret identity would probably prevent him from lifting it... honesty and whatnot.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Scoobless
I know it's a thread, so it doesn't really matter, but Thor does kill his enemies (occasionally)
A no-killing policy may actually prevent him from lifting it.
Also having a secret identity would probably prevent him from lifting it... honesty and whatnot.

The idea is that he becomes a different character and he may not chose to have a secret identity. Why would he in this larger role?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by zopzop
Batman isn't Thor though. How much can he possibly 'master' a hammer that's been in Thor's possession for hundreds of years?

Thor with Mjolnir is in all ways superior to Batman with Mjolnir.

And Thor with Mjolnir vs Superman already happened on panel (and is canon to Marvel), that didn't end well for Thor.

thumb up

SquallX
Batman would basically becomes like any super powered beings, Pis/Cis will rule his world.

The anonymity of being Batman would be gone. Case and point, a powerless Superman beating a superpowered Batman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.