Is Star Wars becoming too "Super hero-ey"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
It seems like since the prequels came out the movies, tv shows , and comic books are trying to become more Super Hero then Sci Fi. Especially with all the empathies on the Force Users. It seems like if a Jedi/Sith isn't involved everyone else has become highly incompetent to almost every situation. Even when politics are involved?

Kurk
yes

Zenwolf
Hardly, there's plenty of stories that don't involve Force Users. The SWU just doesn't focus on them, it focuses on everything and everyone.

The Force Users are the dominant sight yes, but there are stories and the like that don't involve them too.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Hardly, there's plenty of stories that don't involve Force Users. The SWU just doesn't focus on them, it focuses on everything and everyone.

The Force Users are the dominant sight yes, but there are stories and the like that don't involve them too.

thumb up Zen summed it up nicely.

There's several comics out at the moment that aren't solely focused on these "giant Force tanks", for Example the Princess Leia series doesn't have Leia move towers and stuff, the comic With Lando is him just being himself, a normal human, and hell, even the comic, The Last padawan, which feature a jedi, doesn't show him to be extremely over the top-superman powerful.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
thumb up Zen summed it up nicely.

There's several comics out at the moment that aren't solely focused on these "giant Force tanks", for Example the Princess Leia series doesn't have Leia move towers and stuff, the comic With Lando is him just being himself, a normal human, and hell, even the comic, The Last padawan, which feature a jedi, doesn't show him to be extremely over the top-superman powerful.

Well was mostly referring to Legends, but yeah canon has some too and I can only imagine more will come considering how vast the SWU is. Plus with Marvel, they can really expand on giving characters some shine as far as comics go.

Not to say Darkhorse didn't of course.

But yeah...kinda what I like about the SWU, there's something for everyone to read about.

DarthAnt66
That's because no one cares about non-Force Sensitive characters besides the obvious exceptions. thumb up

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That's because no one cares about non-Force Sensitive characters besides the obvious exceptions. thumb up My favorite character is Fives. Your point is?

DarthAnt66
That's not really what I was referring to.

-Pr-
Eh, Star Wars was never very "sci-fi" in the first place. Even in ANH, the main story was about carrying on the legacy of the Jedi to an extent.

They did kinda mess up the force though, I think.

FreshestSlice
"To an extent?" That was literally the entire point of the whole origins trilogy.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Kurk
yes

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by -Pr-
They totally f*cked up the force though, I think. Fixed.

NTJack0
Not even close.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.