Monster Hunter X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Here's the trailer.

watch?v=_-EQAmyL2rg

Of course, I know some of you are gonna get it imported.

Couldn't find a thread for this game, so here it is.

DISCUSS!

Ushgarak
I'm really looking for Monster Hunter to push the boat out now- 4 really was just too much of what I have already done.

Fairly sure the fanbase pretty much just wants more of the same though, so I'm bowing out until I see an MH in the future that's changing it up.

This one in particular is even using the same engine as 4. They REALLY need to get rid of the area-islands maps and get a continuous game world going.

Jmanghan
What they need to do is make the game fully open-world instead of making it Pseudo open-world.

However, a big graphics upgrade is needed too. But this game looks like it has flashier attacks, and more monsters then before.

Jmanghan
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is still my favorite in the series, though.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I'm really looking for Monster Hunter to push the boat out now- 4 really was just too much of what I have already done.

Fairly sure the fanbase pretty much just wants more of the same though, so I'm bowing out until I see an MH in the future that's changing it up.

This one in particular is even using the same engine as 4. They REALLY need to get rid of the area-islands maps and get a continuous game world going. Eh, I disagree. Pretty much everyone agrees that MH4U is hands-down the best in the series.

I haven't even played the game and I want to SO bad.

Where would you expect these monsters to be? Cities or something.

Bentley
A continuous world would change the mechanics entirely and while I could see it working with some stealth/hiding mechanics, just dropping the need to locate the enemy and the retreat mechanics would make the gameplay stale pretty fast. If anything I want those parts of the game heavily expanded.

I'm probably not getting MHX unless there is a console release. I enjoyed 4, it was really good, but it sucked my videogame time for quite a while. Some time off the franchise will allow me to enjoy it more.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Bentley
A continuous world would change the mechanics entirely and while I could see it working with some stealth/hiding mechanics, just dropping the need to locate the enemy and the retreat mechanics would make the gameplay stale pretty fast. If anything I want those parts of the game heavily expanded.

I'm probably not getting MHX unless there is a console release. I enjoyed 4, it was really good, but it sucked my videogame time for quite a while. Some time off the franchise will allow me to enjoy it more.

Monster Hunter X is gonna have all the monsters, all the weapons, and everything else, from every single MH game ever made, why do you think they're calling it Monster Hunter Cross.

It's cross-bred between all the series, and those new attacks??? Jesus christ!

Along with all the brand new stuff, game mechanics, modes, and 8-player co-op.

Jmanghan
Its not confirmed, but a versus mode would be cool, or maybe PVP, where you play as a monster and stuff.

Hopefully the Monsters for 8-player co-op get Godzilla-sized.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.