Puny Banner vs. Puny Parker with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Banner remembers the stuff Doc Green learned from Lord Rand.

Vs.

Parker after Shang-Chi's 'Way of the Spider' training.

No powers. IF's student vs SC's student.

DarkSaint85
I can see Banner being meaner in the fight.

Skills are a wash, even before you get into the whole SC/IF debate.

Physically, both have been shown as pretty damn ripped for geeks.

I go with Banner, due to mindset, and having a more recent session of training.

HulkIsHulk
The IF training was a crash course while the Shang Chi training was a complete one. While Banner can get some wins and has some nice strength and reflex feats, decent fighting skills, Parker wins a majority because he has a very large amunt of experience and thus better fighting

deathslash
Parker's fighting style was still dependant on his powers and enhanced agility though.

abhilegend
Hulk fu for the win.

"Haiiiiii"

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by deathslash
Parker's fighting style was still dependant on his powers and enhanced agility though.

Was bout to say Peter stomps, but this is a good point. I dont even remember the Hulk/Iron fist training. But Banner has always relied on Hulk as well if were using that example.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Was bout to say Peter stomps, but this is a good point.

Yeah, it was called "Way of the Spider" for a reason. Still, it was a significant skill upgrade for Parker, that would matter even if we take away his powers, imo. He could even do a dim mak.

I dont even remember the Hulk/Iron fist training.

That's because it was fairly recent. Doc Green approached Fist, hoping the training would help him with dealing with Rulk or Maestro. Or both.

But Banner has always relied on Hulk as well if were using that example.

Not always. He fought Ruby Thursday when he was completely powerless, for example. Granted, he was hoping to merely distract her, but he's shown some basic knowledge about the fighting stance at least.

AlmightyKfish
Tbf although Way of the Spider was somewhat dependent on his powers, a huge chunk of his training was done whilst wearing power suppressors. It was only after he got to a certain point when Shang trained him with them off.

Anyway I'd give Pete the win, in general he definitely has more experience fighting anyway than Banner- sure both rely on their powers to fight but Peter's fighting experience as Spider-Man is far more applicable than Banner's as Hulk.

StiltmanFTW
Where have you been, Kfish?

People are disrespecting Tasky left and right and there's nobody to put them in their place stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.