How big was the frigate Vader brought down in Lords of the Sith?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Was the size ever stated? Is the new canon still pegging frigates at a minimum of 200 meters at least?

carthage
It was cutting swathes of trees down and left and massive clearing, but other than that IDK

NewGuy01
I would think so; but I haven't even heard of this feat. Quote me pls?

Aurbere
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I would think so; but I haven't even heard of this feat. Quote me pls?

The Merchant
Vader enmeshed himself in the Force, in his seething, ever-present wrath, and used it to take hold of the freighter and drive the entire ship toward the ground. He grunted with effort, his respirator increasing his rate of breathing to account for the exertion.

The ship, its damaged engines unable to compensate enough against the downward push of Vader's power, went nose-down and streaked into the ground. Vader imagined the screams of the pilots as they watched the forest race toward them. The ship disappeared behind the tree line and exploded into a fireball that reached above the forest's canopy and caused the ground to vibrate. A cloud of black smoke rose into the darkening sky. A second boom sounded behind him, his Master having driven the second ship into the ground the same way.

|King Joker|
That's sexy.

Aurbere
thumb up

Feat for Palps too. Awesome!

NewGuy01
It said freighter though...

The Merchant
Oh wow thanks for catching that for me lol. I meant to say freighter not frigate.

NewGuy01
Most freighters are under 50 meters in length, some are no bigger than the Millenium Falcon.

Trocity
It was also damaged and explicitly states the engines weren't capable of resisting Vader's pull, really; he would probably still bring it down were it not damaged, but with more effort obviously. Still a good feat I guess, but no where near what I thought it'd be when I first saw the thread.

WildBantha88
I still like the part where he splattered two lyleks with a single Force push

carthage
He does that and pulps the ones behind them and collapses a ceiling all wih the wave of his hand

Lord Stark
Hmmm I wonder if this means he actually could have just force pulled the Millenium Falcon back in ESB

WildBantha88
Probably. He could have just grabbed it and pulled it back down onto the landing pad. Also in TFU when Galen escaped in a Tie fighter he could have just been like "where you going?"

The Merchant
Maybe the engines of the Falcon were too powerful.

|King Joker|
LotS really did amp up Force ability in the new canon beyond what they probably should have, IMO.

Nephthys
"Probably"? Lol.

carthage
Vader's TK feats were already top tier in Legends, Lots didn't add much that didn't already solidify Vader as being one of the most powerful Sith

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Hmmm I wonder if this means he actually could have just force pulled the Millenium Falcon back in ESB

Well he clearly didn't want the Falcon to escape, so no. Falcon must have just flown off too fast.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Nephthys
"Probably"? Lol. They may have their uses in the future. excellent

The_Tempest
You guys ever notice that Neph has a problem with things like TFU and LOTS? Things that showboat movie-era characters? Why is that a bad thing but things like SWTOR are great?

#food4thawt

The Merchant
TFU still has the best showings for Vader.

The_Tempest
TFU2 Vader is the da shit.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
You guys ever notice that Neph has a problem with things like TFU and LOTS? Things that showboat movie-era characters? Why is that a bad thing but things like SWTOR are great?

#food4thawt

Firstly, I actually like TFU and I've never read LotS so I have no opinion on it other than the feats. Secondly, my enjoyment of something has nothing to do with power levels. My problem is purely that they decided to continue escalating things in terms of power, rather than take the opportunity to scale things down again which would have been immensely sensible and prevented things like "If Vader is so powerful why doesn't he ground the Falcon in ESB?" Or "If the Barsen'thor can smash though a massive blast door, why can't she smash through a wall?"

Lastly, I actually do have problems with power levels with Swtor. It's less in your face though since most things happen in gameplay and the cutscenes are pretty restrained outside of that one Ziost thing. Also Swtor came into effect while the mythos was still in the old levels of power. Vitiate kind of had to be ridiculously powerful to sell that he was more powerful than Nihilus, Kun and Revan and to come off as a credibly large threat. Stupid levels of power like that was exactly why I thought they should go small again. Though I am quite a lot more lenient to Vitiate and Nihilus's dumb power levels because their backstory has it make sense, as opposed to LOL DEM MIDICHLORIANS!

I only have a problem with TFU when you try to take it seriously in debates. :shrug:

The_Tempest
...It took me 3 sentences to communicate what took you 2 paragraphs. We get it, you hate the movie era and everything within.

Nephthys
You didn't communicate anything. You asked 3 questions and I took the time out of my day to give you the answer's to them so neither you or anyone else would have any trouble racking your brains thinking what could possibly motivate me in that manner.

You're welcome.

FreshestSlice
Unleash your anger, Neph. It's the only way to defeat him.

Emperordmb
Nah, it would probably only arouse him and make him horny tbh.

FreshestSlice
You sure that isn't what they're always going for? They should just **** and get over it anyway. The sexual frustration is tangible between them.

Darth Thor

According to Witwer, TFU3 Vader would have been even more bad ass, putting Starkiller in his place, and implying he faked losing to him.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You sure that isn't what they're always going for? They should just **** and get over it anyway. The sexual frustration is tangible between them. Quoted for truth. thumb up

Darth Abonis
Yeah it was already booking it, when Vader walked in.

Selenial
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You sure that isn't what they're always going for? They should just **** and get over it anyway. The sexual frustration is tangible between them.

WildBantha88
Neph gets called out on SWTOR bias but instead of ignoring it he deemed it necessary to write a book as to why he is not. The fact the he is so defensive and will goto such long lengths to disprove his bias makes me believe that he knows his bias and is trying way to hard to cover it up. Therefore, by attempting to disprove your bias you actually convinced me of your bias when I would have just passed Tempest's remark as just common banter.

Nephthys
Damn, you got me. The Nephspiracy has been exposed.

My post wasn't defensive, it was sincere.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Nephthys
Damn, you got me. The Nephspiracy has been exposed.

My post wasn't defensive, it was sincere. let it be known that it was Bantha The Wise who exposed the Nephception

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.