New 52 Superman vs Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
It popped in my mind as I was browsing the new 52 Superman vs pre-Flashpoint Superman thread.

Figured it's pretty close.

Any takers?

abhilegend
I don't think it's close. Why do you think so?

Adam Grimes
Nah, Prime is still well beyond Superman.

ghostman
lmfao!! you gotta be kidding op. superboy prime, has greater striking, greater durability, greater combat speed, AND is MASSIVELY above him in lifting strength, has great neck durability feats, is sexier and on top of that has wrecked a superior superman in combat already.

carver9
no expression this thread.

Damborgson
If you used exclusively high end feats for Superman, sure. But I wouldn't see it as close on average.

Philosophía
Originally posted by abhilegend
I don't think it's close. Why do you think so? I see the Superman that went up against Doomsday and ripped him in half as being able to put up a competitive fight, to say the least - the same Doomsday who at his weakest has feats like breaking the Phantom Zone, brutalizing Wonder Woman and breaking her arms, nobody being able to fight him for more than a few moments etc. all of them in Superboy Prime's ballpark themselves.

That's a relative performance that's hard to beat.

abhilegend

Star428
Originally posted by ghostman
, is sexier

gross.

leonidas
so you think 52 superman is def>pre-boot phil? not sure i still see this as all that close...

Delta1938
Yeah, that's a monstrous feat by any means.

Then again, I've been told Doomsday was weaksauce somehow, so who knows?

Marvel fanboys wouldn't stop dickriding Sentry for ripping a Mid-Tier like Ares in half, but Superman rips in half someone far stronger, not to mention the energy drain thing, and "it's a good feat?" Yeahhhhhhhhhh.

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
so you think 52 superman is def>pre-boot phil? not sure i still see this as all that close... In strength, definitely. The dude started off as planet benching Earth for 5 days casually - then went on to surpass those 'limits' , then went on to surpass them ridiculously so even more against Doomsday . I know that space cheese isn't the way to go, but preboot Superman was consistently below the strength level new 52 Superman is shown as casually at. It wouldn't be so damning if it wasn't the same character -- the intention and direction is pretty clear.

As for the other attributes? Pre-52 Superman is vastly more skilled, more experienced, has better heat vision to bring a bit more balance.

The problem is that we haven't had many ocassions to really see DCnU Superman cut loose - the prior version had plenty, but on the few he has , he's been massively impressive.

Yeah, that's a monstrous feat by any means.

Then again, I've been told Doomsday was weaksauce somehow, so who knows? Imagine a being appearing and breaking Thor's hands, roflstomping him. Now, imagine that being grows even stronger, and it's said nobody on Earth has a chance against him in an extended fight.

Now imagine Hulk turning up and ripping him in half.

The only way that could be worse is if it was Superman.
And it is.

abhilegend

JBL
Not to mention Superman was weakened and Doomsday had absorbed that power. abhil, i thought i knew you better than this?? You know full well that prime would MURDER superman.
I have no idea what popped in the thread starter mind to even post this slaughter as if superman had a chance ( well in his mind about superman i understand ) but please dont give even a hint of support to this ultra-wanking. sad

-Pr-
N52 before his nerf wasn't far off preboot Superman, and as much as Prime gets wanked, I don't think he's the be all and end all he'd made out to be.

I think Prime wins, but not remotely easily.

JBL
Originally posted by -Pr-
N52 before his nerf wasn't far off preboot Superman, and as much as Prime gets wanked, I don't think he's the be all and end all he'd made out to be.

I think Prime wins, but not remotely easily. You actually think Prime would struggle killing N52 superman??

celeyhyga17
SBP

carver9
Don't understand. Hulk fought a being that was twice as strong as Thor (during the beginning of the battle)...by the end of the battle that power was tripled and Hulk still punched his head off but no one seems to dwell on it like the people that is clinging to the Superman and Doomsday fight. Don't get it. Add in space cheese fts, your average Hulk should be operating at abstract levels. Hell, Hulk almost overpowered an abstract recently. He will remain at his tier just like Superman should as well. With that said, even though Superman and your average Hulk have some insane strength fts, Prime still merk them.

Zack M

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Don't understand. Hulk fought a being that was twice as strong as Thor (during the beginning of the battle)...by the end of the battle that power was tripled and Hulk still punched his head off but no one seems to dwell on it like the people that is clinging to the Superman and Doomsday fight. Don't get it. Add in space cheese fts, your average Hulk should be operating at abstract levels. Hell, Hulk almost overpowered an abstract recently. He will remain at his tier just like Superman should as well. With that said, even though Superman and your average Hulk have some insane strength fts, Prime still merk them.
laughing out loud

It's always about the hulk with you.

Time-Immemorial

thumb up

h1a8
Prime wins. He's has the second greatest quantifiable strength feat in history. Moving many planets ftl. I cant write enough zeros for that feat. Punching so hard to retconn shit? Penetrating Superman with hv so easily, like he was made or air. Tanking universal explosions.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by h1a8
Prime wins. He's has the second greatest quantifiable strength feat in history. Moving many planets ftl. I cant write enough zeros for that feat. Penetrating Superman so easily. Tanking universal explosions.
sick

quanchi112
Prime wins.

One Big Mob
Don't understand. Hulk fought a being that was twice as strong as Thor (during the beginning of the battle)...by the end of the battle that power was tripled and Hulk still punched his head off but no one seems to dwell on it like the people that is clinging to the Superman and Doomsday fight. Don't get it. Add in space cheese fts, your average Hulk should be operating at abstract levels. Hell, Hulk almost overpowered an abstract recently. He will remain at his tier just like Superman should as well. With that said, even though Superman and your average Hulk have some insane strength fts, Prime still merk them. What fight are you even describing?

Also scan me Scandaddy.

Galan007
Don't understand. Hulk fought a being that was twice as strong as Thor (during the beginning of the battle)...by the end of the battle that power was tripled and Hulk still punched his head off but no one seems to dwell on it like the people that is clinging to the Superman and Doomsday fight. Don't get it. Add in space cheese fts, your average Hulk should be operating at abstract levels. Hell, Hulk almost overpowered an abstract recently. He will remain at his tier just like Superman should as well. With that said, even though Superman and your average Hulk have some insane strength fts, Prime still merk them. I lol'd hard here.

Why did carver pop into this thread with his dick throbbingheart bleeding for Hulk? It's so random(even for him) that it's literally hysterical.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Galan007
I lol'd hard here.

Why did carver pop into this thread with his dick throbbingheart bleeding for Hulk? It's so random(even for him) that it's literally hysterical. Because that's what every post of him is based around anyway. He might as well carve out the middleman and speak directly about Hulk. The only time that isn't the case is when he's talking about Wonder Woman... the true wife of Hulk.

It's like when Abhi talks about any character ever that isn't Superman... he's really talking about Superman and how it could relate to him.

Nu Carve R (NuCR) is just going for it though, and it's admirable. I almost want to read his battlezone with Bw just to see if he goes off the rails and throws Hulk in there like Hulk throws mountains.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Galan007
I lol'd hard here.

Why did carver pop into this thread with his dick throbbingheart bleeding for Hulk? It's so random(even for him) that it's literally hysterical. I facepalmed so hard I look like this motherphucker right here from lotr

http://www.toymania.com/columns/spotlight/images/tt2packshead2.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.