Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solid47
It's been 11 years since Twin Snakes was released, and many fans critized it's ridiculous easy difficulty due to MGS2 gameplay mechanics, grey graphics, inferior fps and poly count compared to MGS2(depside GC beign more powerful than PS2), unmatchable controls(trying to adapt controls designed for Dualshock 2 on GC controller), complete removal of Mei Ling's chinese accent and the crazy cutscenes directed by Ryuhei Kitamura.
Many guys here knows that Twin Snakes is apparently "non-canon" if we go by Sean Eyestone's statements. But let's not forget Snake replicated similar or even crazier feats and has shown similar skills.

What's your guys opinion. Do you guys think Twin Snakes is good or bad? And it's canon or not.

Smasandian
I never like any of the MGS until the 4th. I could never get past the controls. They drove me insane. I think it was GC version of MGS and I stopped a few minutes in.

I'm hoping they remake the previous with an updated control scheme.

Solid47
Originally posted by Smasandian
I never like any of the MGS until the 4th. I could never get past the controls. They drove me insane. I think it was GC version of MGS and I stopped a few minutes in.

I'm hoping they remake the previous with an updated control scheme.
Do you think a remake of MGS1 with open world structure would be a good or bad idea?

Smasandian
Nah, just re-do the game but a bit modernized.

It wouldn't really work as open world...

Solid47
Originally posted by Smasandian
Nah, just re-do the game but a bit modernized.

It wouldn't really work as open world...
Kojima said he want to creat an "open world" Shadow Moses so who knows. I just don't want to Kojima replace all classic weapons like SOCOM, PSG-1 and Stinger with fictional ones like MGSV.

Arachnid1
I've loved every metal gear I've ever played, including Twin Snakes. Awsome game IMO

jaden101
My mint condition copy made me a tidy sum on eBay so for that reason alone I'll always like it.

The only bit during playing I found ridiculous was snake backflipping and kicking away a missile

Solid47
Originally posted by jaden101
The only bit during playing I found ridiculous was snake backflipping and kicking away a missile
Surviving and walking throught a microwave corridor as old man is more ridiculous than anything Solid "Super" Snake did in Twin Snakes.

Adam Grimes
Yeah, but he ended up fried and half-dead.

Solid47
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, but he ended up fried and half-dead.
At least Snake doesn't have turned into "Roasted Snake(LOL)". Oh and Solid Eye blew on his eye.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.