Odinson & Angela vs. Superman & Wonderwoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Area Vet
Normal stipulations

carver9
Superman and Wonder Woman

Henry_Pym
Is Angela on this level?

One_Angry_Scot
Team 2.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Is Angela on this level?

Absolutely. She got the best of both Gamora and Thor.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by carver9
Superman and Wonder Woman

Based on?

carver9
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Based on?

Odison is Thor without his hammer. He needs Mjlonir to contend here against either of these opponents. He will do well but I wouldn't give him a majority against either without Mjlonir.

Either Superman or Wonder Woman would cream Angela. Angela did good against High tier beings but Wonder Woman has clowned heavy weights.

I'm giving team 2 a HEAVY majority.

Blue Area Vet
Odison is Thor without his hammer. He needs Mjlonir to contend here against either of these opponents. He will do well but I wouldn't give him a majority against either without Mjlonir.

Either Superman or Wonder Woman would cream Angela. Angela did good against High tier beings but Wonder Woman has clowned heavy weights.

I'm giving team 2 a HEAVY majority.

Um, Odinson carries Jarnbjorn, the weapon that split Celestial armor and blocked Apocolypse Optic Beams. He also has an Uru Arm, the same Uru that smashed Superman in the face and drew blood. As far as Angela, which she doesn't have a ton of continuity, it is VERY clear that she is being written as a top tier herald. She recently fought Black Vortex Gamora evenly, beat Drax decisively and she beat Thor, granted these weren't fights to kill. She wields several cutting weapons and also has the ribbons she controls which so far haven't been broken.

Blue Area Vet
http://www.therainbowhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/t4-2.jpg

carver9
Um, Odinson carries Jarnbjorn, the weapon that split Celestial armor and blocked Apocolypse Optic Beams. He also has an Uru Arm, the same Uru that smashed Superman in the face and drew blood. As far as Angela, which she doesn't have a ton of continuity, it is VERY clear that she is being written as a top tier herald. She recently fought Black Vortex Gamora evenly, beat Drax decisively and she beat Thor, granted these weren't fights to kill. She wields several cutting weapons and also has the ribbons she controls which so far haven't been broken.

Well, Odison does have a Mjlonir type weapon called Thorr. If he is carrying that then things becomes interesting. Without it, I don't feel he gets the majority against either of them and he is the main card here.

Angela beat a weakened Thor.

Fighting against Vortex Gamora is nice but doing that doesn't mean she could pull a single win against Wonder Woman or Superman.

Drax isn't Herald level so beating him is nice and all but it isn't great. Her and the rest of the crew fought Gladiator and got treated like fodder. Can see the same happening here.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Team 2.

thumb up

celeyhyga17
Odinson would beat Wondy, but not Superman. Angela can hang, but should lose to either of team DC. Apart from a few really good showings, she is still lacking in feats. Team 2 for a large majority.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Odinson would beat Wondy, but not Superman. Angela can hang, but should lose to either of team DC. Apart from a few really good showings, she is still lacking in feats. Team 2 for a large majority.

Are you forgetting how Thor actually lost his arm? He has that weapon as standard equipment. One blow and Superman is severed. Now, I know the counter will be that Superman would avoid the blow, but he'd be fighting at a deficit because of that.

And again, lacks feats? Marvel doesn't whore out feats to fanboys like DC. Angela should not be judged by strength feats, she should be judged by combat feats. She's a herald, WW is a herald, both below elite.

Surtur
Superman turns to Wonder Woman and says "I am better then you in every possible way besides being terrible, you definitely out-terrible me". Wonder Woman responds with "your attitude makes me want to date you".

carver9
Wouldn't say WW is below elite. She has been beating elites faces in lately. She is most Def an elite.

Blue Area Vet
Wouldn't say WW is below elite. She has been beating elites faces in lately. She is most Def an elite.

I don't see what Angela has done to make anyone thing any different, granted she hasn't had significant appearances. Fighting Thor the way she has, knowing her history as one of heaven's assassins, the fact that she initiated the fight with BV Gamora, I'd say she's on the level.

deathslash
I have one question. Are we using the people as they currently are? If so, then it's a weakened superman against a weakened thor.

Surtur
Originally posted by deathslash
I have one question. Are we using the people as they currently are? If so, then it's a weakened superman against a weakened thor.

So what's weakened Supes this time? Besides the plot, that is.

carver9
I don't see what Angela has done to make anyone thing any different, granted she hasn't had significant appearances. Fighting Thor the way she has, knowing her history as one of heaven's assassins, the fact that she initiated the fight with BV Gamora, I'd say she's on the level.

Wonder Woman has...

Stomped Supergirl and was blitzing her so fast that Supergirl couldn't see her movement.

Beat up on two Kryptonians, Zod and Faora.

Defeated a Kryptonian AND Mongul at the same time and DCNU Mongul took it to both Superman and an amped Batman at the same time.

Defeated First Born.

Pimp slapped Orion and held her own.

Defeated Ares.

Took it to Gog.

Stalemated Amazo who was backed by the JLA on her own and threw all of them off of here with one arm.

I know I am missing some fts but this is concrete enough to prove that she would WORK Angela and proof enough imo that she could pull a majority against a Mjlonir less Thor. Give Thor his hammer and things becomes interesting. It's not that Angela is ftless; her fts are not on these people level. Even her combat fts.

Surtur
Just out of curiosity, Nu Supes vs Nu Wonder Woman, what do you feel happens?

Prof. T.C McAbe

If we use depowered Superman team 1 one would stomp and make this kind of spite.

Blue Area Vet
Wonder Woman has...

Stomped Supergirl and was blitzing her so fast that Supergirl couldn't see her movement.

Beat up on two Kryptonians, Zod and Faora.

Defeated a Kryptonian AND Mongul at the same time and DCNU Mongul took it to both Superman and an amped Batman at the same time.

Defeated First Born.

Pimp slapped Orion and held her own.

Defeated Ares.

Took it to Gog.

Stalemated Amazo who was backed by the JLA on her own and threw all of them off of here with one arm.

I know I am missing some fts but this is concrete enough to prove that she would WORK Angela and proof enough imo that she could pull a majority against a Mjlonir less Thor. Give Thor his hammer and things becomes interesting. It's not that Angela is ftless; her fts are not on these people level. Even her combat fts.

He doesn't have Mjolnir, he has Jarnbjorn and a Uru arm. Speak to that because that's who is in the post..

Blue Area Vet
How has he been "depowered"?

One_Angry_Scot
How has he been "depowered"?

Recently he's been depowered. Can't fly etc. His identity has been discovered among other things.

carver9
I think his new solar ability depowered him. Him using it so much depleted his power iirc. He was just thrown in Darkseid fire pits by Lex which restored his power but now he is being called 'Negative' Superman.

"Id"
Team 2

deathslash
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
If we use depowered Superman team 1 one would stomp and make this kind of spite. not really. Wonder woman would certainly beat Angela after receiving a few lumps and Odinson would undeniably beat superman after receiving a few lumps. After that, it'd be odinson against wonder woman.

Blue Area Vet
not really. Wonder woman would certainly beat Angela after receiving a few lumps and Odinson would undeniably beat superman after receiving a few lumps. After that, it'd be odinson against wonder woman.

I have no idea why you all are so convinced WW would definitely beat Angela outside of popularity and a much longer history. On top of that, you seem to be anything but convinced that Odinson would be WW, which is mind boggling to me. Jarnbjorn snaps that lasso like a rubber band.

DarkSaint85
What has Jarnbjorn done?

I know it was enchanted specifically for Celestials. Has it done much when NOT affecting Celestials?

Only example that springs to mind is Power Man. Sure, he had absorbed enough Chi etc, but he was def NOT Celestial level. So Jarnbjorn affecting Celestials is just a function of its enchantment, nothing more:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213429/4686620-captain+america+and+the+mighty+avengers+(2014-)+003-008.jpg

carver9
It chopped off Thor arm.

DarkSaint85
It chopped off Thor arm.

And as Power Man, who was a 'Hulk', was able to tank it....

Hulk > Thor.

Zack M
Absolutely. She got the best of both Gamora and Thor.

laughing out loud

shadowknight
Tram 2 wins eaasily

Stoic
Doesn't Angela currently have possession of Mjolnir? She also went at it again with Gamora in her cosmic state.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What has Jarnbjorn done?

I know it was enchanted specifically for Celestials. Has it done much when NOT affecting Celestials?

Only example that springs to mind is Power Man. Sure, he had absorbed enough Chi etc, but he was def NOT Celestial level. So Jarnbjorn affecting Celestials is just a function of its enchantment, nothing more:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213429/4686620-captain+america+and+the+mighty+avengers+(2014-)+003-008.jpg

Chopped through Apocolypse and Thor. Your question has a lowball air about it which isn't surprising to me.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Stoic
Doesn't Angela currently have possession of Mjolnir? She also went at it again with Gamora in her cosmic state.

And as I said, what resonates with me is that she had the confidence to attack her one on one.

Blue Area Vet
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111158055/3938867-uncanny+avengers+021-014.jpg

Khazra Reborn
Thor damn near cut the Destroyers arm off with Jarnbjorn. Whether that attests to Tbor's strength, or Jarnbjorn's ability to cut stuff, or perhaps both.. Either way it's impressive.

Carry on.

One_Angry_Scot
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111158055/3938867-uncanny+avengers+021-014.jpg

It was only able to do that because Kang tricked Thor into enchanting it to be Super Effective vs Celestials.

It doesn't transfer over to non-Celestial beings.

You should be going on things like what Khazra is talking of.

Blue Area Vet
It was only able to do that because Kang tricked Thor into enchanting it to be Super Effective vs Celestials.

It doesn't transfer over to non-Celestial beings.

You should be going on things like what Khazra is talking of.

Are you actually suggesting it would fail to cut Superman?

One_Angry_Scot
Are you actually suggesting it would fail to cut Superman?

No. And to put this to you, where at all does my comment imply that anyway?

I think Jarnbjorn could put a right walloping on Superman if he gets a hit in.

All my message to you was saying was that you were using a feat for Jarnbjorn that is only applicable to Celestials. It's Kryptonite to Celestials.

I never once implied it wouldn't be able to cut Superman in anyway at all.

celeyhyga17
What has Jarnbjorn done?

Young Thor hacked Gorr's arm off.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jw01MvUjczA/UtejGaZBIxI/AAAAAAAB2xU/Rtv26A-tDQE/s1600/-013+copy.jpg

One of the daughters of thunder Atli(in the future) used it to wreck Galactus's jaw.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/105634/3982825-4.png

The most impressive is Odinson nearly hacking off the Destroyer's(powered by a Skyfather) arm. We almost never see the Destroyer take any damage let alone a scratch.
http://i.imgur.com/G2VAVV6.jpg

Jarnbjorn is haxxed. Pun intended...

DarkSaint85
thumb up thanks, celey. I'd rate the Destroyer's arm off as the top feat, disregard Atli's feat (as it's in the future), and...I don't know, actually, about Young Thor. Alt. timeline, sure, but I'm pretty sure it's canon, right?

As for anyone who thinks I'm wanking Supes, I do the same when Abhi talks up Supes' feats for crossing the universe or whatever. I ask the question, I provide scans (sometimes) showing WHY I think the way I do.

Blue Area Vet
No. And to put this to you, where at all does my comment imply that anyway?

I think Jarnbjorn could put a right walloping on Superman if he gets a hit in.

All my message to you was saying was that you were using a feat for Jarnbjorn that is only applicable to Celestials. It's Kryptonite to Celestials.

I never once implied it wouldn't be able to cut Superman in anyway at all.

It was a simple question, no need for you to be pretentious. IMO, the ax bbypassed the godly/celestial defenses, but the blade still did the actual cutting.

Blue Area Vet
Hopefully people will reconsider the capabilities of Odison now. Jarnbjorn AND an Uru punch. Also, two methods to deflect energy attacks and physical attacks. Dudes no joke and on some levels, more dangerous.

celeyhyga17
thumb up thanks, celey. I'd rate the Destroyer's arm off as the top feat, disregard Atli's feat (as it's in the future), and...I don't know, actually, about Young Thor. Alt. timeline, sure, but I'm pretty sure it's canon, right?

As for anyone who thinks I'm wanking Supes, I do the same when Abhi talks up Supes' feats for crossing the universe or whatever. I ask the question, I provide scans (sometimes) showing WHY I think the way I do.
Actually that's in current Thor's past. He never told anyone of his encounter with Gorr in the cave. Something about being embarrassed and learning fear for the first time in his life. He made Stark help him find the very same cave he was tortured in during the present day.

One_Angry_Scot
It was a simple question, no need for you to be pretentious. IMO, the ax bbypassed the godly/celestial defenses, but the blade still did the actual cutting.

Sorry if I came across that way. Was just surprised at the accusation that's all. No hard feelings thumb up

It only did the cutting because of the enchantment. If it wasn't Celestial Kryptonite it wouldn't have cut through a being of that magnitude.

carver9

Superman lover.

DarkSaint85
Superman lover.

That's what the ladies say thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.