Legends Canon: Several novels about the same thing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Okay, so we have a bunch of fights that are referenced in sourcebooks, guides and the like. Obviously there we mention it all right?

Well, i've ran into a problem myself when reading about QGJ, or rather the TPM fight with Maul. There are about....

4-5 novels about The Phantom Menace and the fight between QGJ, all depicting the fight very differently.

The Phantom Menace Novelization

The Phantom Menace Junior Novelization

Episode One 1 Adventures: The Final Battle

Darth Maul: End Game

The Journal of Darth Maul.

And the Movie of course.

so with the movie taking higher place in everything, where does that lead the other novels? do we take them all seriously? are just a select few?

Like-wise, we have Kyle Katarn's novels that completely contradict what the original game depicted, as well as what the sourcebooks and guide said of him.

idk, I'd personally add all depictions of the scene to my RT, but i just wanna get a fee for what people think about this and stuff.

WildBantha88
The Force Unleashed Video Game, Comic book, and Novel all depict things differently as well

Zenwolf
For the most part I believe, we don't take the Video Games as what actually happened considering...well majority of it, is up to the player. Well except for the cutscenes anyway, but I mean as far as game fights and such go.

This is where the novelizations of the games and the like come in, which are more clear and not muddled with game stuff and what not.

As far as the Maul fight, goes something like this me thinks.

Movie > TPM novel/jr > Other.

Darth Abonis
It doesn't matter anymore. They are all legends and their is only one canon!!!!!!

DarthAnt66
LMFAO ^

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.