Dormammu vs. Mephisto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
1. Neutral environment.

2. Both at their peak, as if they were in their realms.

Henry_Pym
Meph always seemed smarter to me.

StiltmanFTW
Heh. Poor Dormie was always trolled by his sister, Umar laughing out loud

beatboks
Dorms is vastly more powerful.

StiltmanFTW
In both scenarios?

leonidas
in all their recent interactions (fear itself, the splinter realm arc with the archenemy entity) they've been portrayed as peers. i think in general i'd take mephisto. dormmy often uses plot to increase his power levels beyond what they normally would be so he has better highs than mephisto. at their regular peak levels, it's close though. for years, mephisto got the better of doom. that alone should grant him wins. thumb up

leonidas
now i think about it, dormmy did make a play for mephisto's realm one time. hellcat series maybe...? and he may have come across as being the more powerful, but i can't recall all the context of that arc...

anyway, i stand by my original assessment--in general they are peers.

long pig
Dormmamu is generally more powerful as he's been shown to be equal to Odin then they had a duel. But, in mephistos realm, I'd say equal.

zopzop
Dormammu.

I could have sworn that Mephisto needed help to stop Dormammu when he was invading Mephisto's realm in the Hellcat series.

It took Mephisto, Hellstrom, and another Hell Lord to finally beat him.

It was also revealed that he created Satannish (who is Mephisto's peer).

leonidas
you could be right. been a long time since i looked through that series. if if true though, i think more recent interactions have them being shown to be pretty close to peers. in hell, i'd put mephisto in the skyfather tier.

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
you could be right. been a long time since i looked through that series. if if true though, i think more recent interactions have them being shown to be pretty close to peers. in hell, i'd put mephisto in the skyfather tier.
http://s7.postimg.org/e0ctxooaf/Dormammu_Created_Satannish1.jpg http://s7.postimg.org/3rkcrv08n/Dormammu_Created_Satannish2.jpg http://s7.postimg.org/wv8ko3oc7/Dormammu_Created_Satannish3.jpg
Keep in mind, this fight took place in Mephisto's Hell too.

Dormammu's got this.

deathslash
Originally posted by zopzop
http://s7.postimg.org/e0ctxooaf/Dormammu_Created_Satannish1.jpg http://s7.postimg.org/3rkcrv08n/Dormammu_Created_Satannish2.jpg http://s7.postimg.org/wv8ko3oc7/Dormammu_Created_Satannish3.jpg
Keep in mind, this fight took place in Mephisto's Hell too.

Dormammu's got this. very nice. I have a few questions.
1. What's this arc or series called?
2. Was it good?
3.what feats does satannish have to say that he's a peer of mephisto?
4.does that mean that helstrom is related to dormammu?

zopzop
Originally posted by deathslash
very nice. I have a few questions.
1. What's this arc or series called?
2. Was it good?
1. Hellcat
2. Nope
3. Satannish has stalemated Mephisto on at least two occasions (on neutral ground) in the Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme series.
4. I think so, yes.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I always though that Dormammu has more raw power, physically, while Meph being the better magic user and having the superior intellect. I would side with Meph for a slight majority.

long pig
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I always though that Dormammu has more raw power, physically, while Meph being the better magic user and having the superior intellect. I would side with Meph for a slight majority.
Dormmamu is a way better magic user. Way better. I agree meph is more cunning.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by long pig
Dormmamu is a way better magic user. Way better. I agree meph is more cunning.

I would agree with more powerful, like his spells having more juice behind them, but not better. Why do you think he is?

long pig
I would agree with more powerful, like his spells having more juice behind them, but not better. Why do you think he is?
Dormmamu was once a regular magician. He got where he is via magical skill and ability.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Dormmamu was once a regular magician. He got where he is via magical skill and ability.

Just because Meph was born with them doesn't mean he is not better, he existed for a longer time than Dormi as far as I know, so he also should have more practice and knowledge.

long pig
Just because Meph was born with them doesn't mean he is not better, he existed for a longer time than Dormi as far as I know, so he also should have more practice and knowledge.
It kinda does.

Prof. T.C McAbe
It kinda does.

Care to explain how? If you are born as a magial being, with a perfect understanding of it, how it works etc., how can someone hope to achieve a better understanding, especially if you spend eons more exploring it's depths?

beatboks
Originally posted by deathslash

Aside from what Zop mentioned. There are many times in Marvel that the Hell Lords are described or shown to be equal. The last one that comes to mind was in the 2007 Hellstrom mini. We were told that all the hell realms stalemate each other, all are equal in power. Marduk Kurios (Hellstrom's father) was trying to manipulate things to upset that balance. He was secretly manipulating things to assist Isis in her efforts to raise her husband Osiris ( a fallen Hell Lord). The plan of Marduk Kurios was that when Osiris returned it would upset the delicate balance between the hell realms and allow him to take advantage of that upset and take power.

That brings us to the fact that Satanish isn't related to Hellstrom. Marduk Kurios (also known as Satan) is Daimon's father. Though there are older tales where it was depicted that all the other hell Lords were "visages" of Marduk Kurios like in Defenders 100- 105. The story ark had Satan show his son his many faces

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/3582251-defenders+v1+%23105+-+page+16.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/3582252-2005-10-12_050112_defenders_105-16.jpg

Dormammu isn't a hell Lord, he is master of the Dark Dimension which is more like a few Hell Realms combined. On more than one occasion the Hell Lords would not face him unless it was a few of them together.

Genii96
Not all hell lords are equal in power imo,I'd say pluto is head above mist of them,he beat hela rather easily when he invaded asgard,
And unlike the others is actually a very powerful being even before he got Hades,being one of the big three of olympus,he also thrashed classic strange in a magical fight and oneshotted the defenders too,in his realm he has good feats,beating the stranger,making an universal black hole,stalemating olympus in a war,plus he has like one or two skyfather level beings in his realm which he can pull out and use.

Current doramamu got punked by magik twice,I dnt know if he got weaker or something. However he should beat mephisto on a neutral ground

nwg202
Originally posted by Genii96

Current doramamu got punked by magik twice,I dnt know if he got weaker or something. However he should beat mephisto on a neutral ground

Mephisto got punked by Magik in his own realm.

long pig
Magik is a plot device character with an arsenal of it device weapons. She can beat or give a hard time to any magical being. Skyfathers included.

Think about it....who has ever legit beat her? No one.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Magik is a plot device character with an arsenal of it device weapons. She can beat or give a hard time to any magical being. Skyfathers included.

thumb up Magik is magical and awesome.

long pig
thumb up Magik is magical and awesome.
I guess.....she's a magical version of t'charlie. Marvel has a hard on for her and won't let her lose.

nwg202

Not disagreeing w/ you there. I'm just saying that Dormy losing to Magik doesn't really help Mephisto's case since he suffered defeat at her hands as well. Who had a more embarrassing loss at her hands? I'm not sure...

long pig
Originally posted by nwg202
Not disagreeing w/ you there. I'm just saying that Dormy losing to Magik doesn't really help Mephisto's case since he suffered defeat at her hands as well. Who had a more embarrassing loss at her hands? I'm not sure...
Neither should have lost as they are more powerful than her. Similar to ghost rider Iosing to wolverine due to an allergy to adamantium.

nwg202
Neither should have lost as they are more powerful than her. Similar to ghost rider Iosing to wolverine due to an allergy to adamantium.

Regular Magik, sure. But when she goes Darkchilde, I'm not too sure about that. Magik isn't just some girl with a sword. Anyways, don't wanna derail the thread.

long pig
Originally posted by nwg202
Regular Magik, sure. But when she goes Darkchilde, I'm not too sure about that. Magik isn't just some girl with a sword. Anyways, don't wanna derail the thread.
Ehhh...she's a beast. No doubt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.