Narcos (2015 Netflix series)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
U7elNhHwgBU

anyone watching this?

I've heard good things.

Robtard
I've seen 5, it's good so far. Def worth a look.

Pedro Pascal (Oberyn Martel from GoT) and the cat who plays Pablo Escobar are very good in it.

Rebel95
New season tomorrow!

carthage
Its going to be interesting to see if they can top Wagner Moura's performance as Escobar. But Season 2 was a masterpiece and easily one of the best programs from last year. I'm not going to binge it all in one day like I did to Defenders, definitely going to take my time with this series. It's funny cause I was watching Snowfall yesterday night, and the Chilean rebels brought up how scared the Cali cartel was of Escobar at his peak. The preview showed they to be just as bloodthirsty as Escobar, it's going to be a good seasob

BackFire
Excited to start the third season tonight.

samhain
Interesting to see how it goes without Wagner Moura.

BackFire
Watched a couple episodes last night. Still good but pretty jarring to see such a drastic shuffling of characters.

carthage
Wow the Colombian Government and DEA really ****ed over Pena hard in this series. It makes me respect men like Carillo in season 1 who went vigilante and actually just straight up killed the Narcos with Searchlight, rather than try to play the system with warrants/etc with corrupt government officials. I was so frustrated with the scene in EP 7, when the DA came over called the search off right when Miguel was in the wall and they were about to get him

carthage
Pena has to be one of the greatest Law enforcement officers of all time right up there with Elliot Ness. How he could persevere in spite of the pieces of shit bureaucrats in our government and the corrupt Colombians is a testament to how unshakable the convictions of a good man are. He does whatever he needed to do to bring the Cartels to justice

Robtard
This has been a very good show. Third season started out pretty slow, but it picked up after 3-4 and ended very solid.

Looking forward to Season 4; hoping 'El Chapo' is the villain.

samhain
Those last two episodes were intense, really like the character of Salcedo.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Robtard
This has been a very good show. Third season started out pretty slow, but it picked up after 3-4 and ended very solid.

Looking forward to Season 4; hoping 'El Chapo' is the villain.

Well, not sure if you've seen it, but there is already also an "El Chapo" television show, which dropped a few months ago, shot in a somewhat similar manner to Narcos (mostly dramatized, but with a mix of real/archive footage thrown in). Eight or nine episodes IIRC. It didn't have quite the same quality feel as Narcos, but it was still solid IMO.

samhain
^Somebody recommended this to me, but so soon after finishing Narcos it might be a bit of an overload to follow it up with El Chapo, at least straight away.

Robtard
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, not sure if you've seen it, but there is already also an "El Chapo" television show, which dropped a few months ago, shot in a somewhat similar manner to Narcos (mostly dramatized, but with a mix of real/archive footage thrown in). Eight or nine episodes IIRC. It didn't have quite the same quality feel as Narcos, but it was still solid IMO.

I tried it, couldn't get into it. Felt like a Telemundo novela in acting and production value, plus the voice over accents were really out of place

TheVaultDweller
I tried it, couldn't get into it. Felt like a Telemundo novela in acting and production value, plus the voice over accents were really out of place

Yeah, like I said, the quality just doesn't quite feel there after watching a show like Narcos. However, I find the stories of all these different individuals very interesting, so I stuck it out.

But I have no doubts that if the production guys of Narcos had to tackle that bit of history, they'd do a better job of it.

carthage
Newest season is taking place in Guadalajara Mexico and Murphy ls expected to return

Robtard
Heard Pedro Pascal is out, which blows, as he was very good in this and has history. Still looking forward to S4 though.

Guadalajara does make sense, that cartel was one of the first of the Mexican cartels that worked with the Colombians in shipping drugs north.

Hoping we get a season 5 and it deals with the Sinaloa Cartel, still want El Chapo.

jaden101
Gave up halfway through season 2. Every episode just got too samey.

carthage
Heard Pedro Pascal is out, which blows, as he was very good in this and has history. Still looking forward to S4 though.

Guadalajara does make sense, that cartel was one of the first of the Mexican cartels that worked with the Colombians in shipping drugs north.

Hoping we get a season 5 and it deals with the Sinaloa Cartel, still want El Chapo.

Did you see El Chapo on Netflix?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.