New Christopher Nolan Film Set For 2017

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
July 2017. Any guesses? Seeing as it's set for July, I'm thinking another blockbuster.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/christopher-nolans-next-movie-coming-in-2017-1201588444/

Kazenji
I know it'll be up against War of the planet of the apes and few other movies the month that they've picked for it.

jaden101
Knowing the way he's going it'll be some extra-galactic spectacle all about how he's so much better than everyone else and noone understands his genius.

Tzeentch
MMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPH

Patient_Leech
I'm not looking forward to his movies anymore after the atrocity that was Interstellar.

Quincy
I think a lot of folks are starting to come around in droves realizing that his movies are fun and pretty but also filled with logic holes and plot contrivances you can drive a batwing through

Zack M
It amazes me how Interstellar is rated so highly on IMDB. Perfectly shot, beautifully looking, and well acted, but very boring at the same time.

Zack M
Nolans best films are definitely Memento, Inception, and Prestige.

BruceSkywalker
fan of his.. whatever this turns out to be will surely be great and make a ton of money

Flyattractor
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
fan of his.. whatever this turns out to be will surely be great and make a ton of money

Its not really hard for movies to make "ton of money" anymore. Seeing as how they get World Wide Release in one weekend and potentially BILLIONS of people can go see it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Its not really hard for movies to make "ton of money" anymore. Seeing as how they get World Wide Release in one weekend and potentially BILLIONS of people can go see it.

I agree but they still have to be good.. Nolan has yet to disappoint me

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Zack M
It amazes me how Interstellar is rated so highly on IMDB. Perfectly shot, beautifully looking, and well acted, but very boring at the same time.
I didn't even think it was well filmed or acted. The cinematography was shit and it had awful dialogue and corn fields... lots and lots of corn fields, so it was a really stupid sci-fi epic. It just sucked on so many levels.

jaden101
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I didn't even think it was well filmed or acted. The cinematography was shit and it had awful dialogue and corn fields... lots and lots of corn fields, so it was a really stupid sci-fi epic. It just sucked on so many levels.

Did you have a bad experience in a corn field when you were a kid or something?

Patient_Leech
Scarecrows....

...violated me.. sad

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

That's what got me...they had to go to space to build giant glass houses to sustain their crops.

Why couldn't they do this on earth in the 1st place?

ares834
Nolan is great. Sure, a few of his films are overrated but overall he has never made a bad flick. Looking forward to seeing what he's got.

Esau Cairn
Rehashing the same actors in cliches roles is getting tedious though.

Michael Cain is like a white man's Morgan Freeman.

dynamix
Originally posted by jaden101
Knowing the way he's going it'll be some extra-galactic spectacle all about how he's so much better than everyone else and noone understands his genius.

then his fans will be defending him like "he's a genius! you just don't get it!" probably in all CAPS too to express how angry they are.

Esau Cairn
Or tell us we don't get it 'coz we don't have a buddy who knows Nolan...

Flyattractor
I agree but they still have to be good.. Nolan has yet to disappoint me

Closest to "DISSAPOINTMENT" for me was the last Bats movie. They should have held it back till the next summer, and ironed out some of the plot problems. They probably *Being the WB* rushed it out that year to challenge the Avengers.

MVC-Solos
Nolan's movies are as bland and tasteless as Dragon Ball Z.

Esau Cairn
Closest to "DISSAPOINTMENT" for me was the last Bats movie. They should have held it back till the next summer, and ironed out some of the plot problems.

Hey Bud, that's crazy talk.

BruceSkywalker
Closest to "DISSAPOINTMENT" for me was the last Bats movie. They should have held it back till the next summer, and ironed out some of the plot problems. They probably *Being the WB* rushed it out that year to challenge the Avengers.

i didn;t mind the plotholes especially since they were easy to explain, but yeah definitely they prolly could have

Ascendancy
Meh, I don't get all the hate for Interstellar. I agree entirely that it took too much time building the plot out in the cornfields. Give some flavor about what life is like, but I was about to check my watch to figure out if they were going to have enough time to get to the good stuff. That said, the science of it was relatively sound--even vetted by experts in the field as such--the post-Children of the Corn events were compelling, the twist with Damon's character I don't think most people saw coming, and the 'what-if' of Hathaway's commentary on love being something viable as a sense coming back around in terms of her original suggestion of where they should go sat well with me. The planet side scenes as well as almost all the moments in space, whether just at rest or in the middle of a life-and-death scenario were well presented.

There was a point within the tesseract that literally everyone in the theater was sitting, waiting for it all to come back together, and I think that resolution was had for most. Lastly, it did the one thing for me that Prometheus did: it made me want to effing go into space. Loved it; it wasn't perfect, but I loved it, and it was worth every dollar for the movie ticket.

It's kind of funny, though. I notice that the longer some posters are on this board, the more they tend to lambaste anything that isn't to their particular standards, nitpicking it to death in every way possible, while at the same time defending the titles that they do enjoy to no end, dancing around in rose-colored glasses and borderline refusing to see any shortcomings in their films of choice.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Meh, I don't get all the hate for Interstellar. I agree entirely that it took too much time building the plot out in the cornfields. Give some flavor about what life is like, but I was about to check my watch to figure out if they were going to have enough time to get to the good stuff. That said, the science of it was relatively sound--even vetted by experts in the field as such--the post-Children of the Corn events were compelling, the twist with Damon's character I don't think most people saw coming, and the 'what-if' of Hathaway's commentary on love being something viable as a sense coming back around in terms of her original suggestion of where they should go sat well with me. The planet side scenes as well as almost all the moments in space, whether just at rest or in the middle of a life-and-death scenario were well presented.

There was a point within the tesseract that literally everyone in the theater was sitting, waiting for it all to come back together, and I think that resolution was had for most. Lastly, it did the one thing for me that Prometheus did: it made me want to effing go into space. Loved it; it wasn't perfect, but I loved it, and it was worth every dollar for the movie ticket.

It's kind of funny, though. I notice that the longer some posters are on this board, the more they tend to lambaste anything that isn't to their particular standards, nitpicking it to death in every way possible, while at the same time defending the titles that they do enjoy to no end, dancing around in rose-colored glasses and borderline refusing to see any shortcomings in their films of choice.

thumb up thumb up

Inhuman
Christopher Nolan Said To Be Involved With AKIRA Trilogy At WB - His 2017 Movie Perhaps?

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/akira/249050/report-warner-planning-akira-trilogy-christopher-nolan-involved

Kazenji
Most likely will white wash that movie.

azone
I am looking forward to seeing it, because I am really a big fan of Christopher Nolan. However, I want to know who will star it, I don't think a new and young actor can do well in Nolan's movie.

Quincy
I'm torn and skeptical and intrigued

Esau Cairn
I'd rather see the Wach "bros" screw this movie up over Nolan directing it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Inhuman
Christopher Nolan Said To Be Involved With AKIRA Trilogy At WB - His 2017 Movie Perhaps?

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/akira/249050/report-warner-planning-akira-trilogy-christopher-nolan-involved

if true than Akira just got a whole lot better

Quincy
if true than Akira just got a whole lot better

naw

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Quincy
naw

Bruce likes his Asians, blonde.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Quincy
naw

since the film has been in developmental hell for years, it is clearly going to take a damn good director to get it out of the doldrums... Nolan is a damn great director and his haters need to go jump off cliffs...

Ridley_Prime
ITT Anything Nolan touches turns to gold and you're crazy if you think otherwise.

Kazenji
It'll be a surprise if its at least any good as the last adaptation of it.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
ITT Anything Nolan touches turns to gold and you're crazy if you think otherwise.

I hear both Cain & Freeman are practicing on their Asian accents...

Zack M
Nolan's next movie confirmed. Tom Hardy in talks to join.

http://www.thewrap.com/tom-hardy-in-talks-to-star-in-christopher-nolans-wwii-movie-dunkirk/

CPT Space Bomb
After Interstellar and TDKR I'm not as big on Nolan as I used to be. Might watch it in theaters but probably not

BruceSkywalker
will be watching

Robtard

quanchi112
Meh.

playa1258
Better be R.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by playa1258
Better be R.

why

playa1258
War film, PG-13 and it will suck.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by playa1258
War film, PG-13 and it will suck.

well tell that to WB lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.