Ash vs Evil Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this already. I'm looking forward to this show. Evil Dead 2 is one of my all-time favorite movies. Here's a little interview with Cambell: Entertainment Weekly. The trailer is awesome...

unnLg1TPCYM

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2015/06/29/_ash-vs-evil-dead-03.jpg

Ascendancy
Xena's in it as well. Will watch.

Patient_Leech
Like the chick from the old Xena: Warrior Princess TV show? I didn't realize that..

Ridley_Prime
Yep. Lucy Lawless has always been rather associated with the likes of Raimi and Bruce Campbell.

Inhuman
Doesn't seem like they even acknowledged the events of Army of Darkness happened erm

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Inhuman
Doesn't seem like they even acknowledged the events of Army of Darkness happened erm
Wait, I forgot how Army of Darkness ends... he comes back to the present time doesn't he? I don't think it's necessarily denying the events of AoD. If you read that interview one of the questions asked was would there be time travel in the series. And he said it's a possibility. I don't think Raimi would negate such a beloved and important installment in the franchise.

Scribble
Army of Darkness has two endings. One where he gets back to present ("Hail to the King, Baby", etc.) and the other where he takes too much of the potion and wakes up after the whole of society has collapsed. Raimi intended the late awakening ending to be the original ending, but the studio said it was too dour and made him change it. So I guess it makes sense for him to just go back to the end of the second one and start from there.

Patient_Leech
I see. Yeah, I had forgotten about the alternate ending. I haven't seen AoD in so long.

Patient_Leech
Pretty entertaining watch, the New York Comic Con panel.

4siGyvm7Tig

This premieres in a couple weeks, I need to re-watch the films again soon...

Patient_Leech
I have re-watched Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.

This has already been renewed for a second season and it hasn't even aired yet...

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/28/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-2-renewal-starz

ares834
First episode was awesome.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Inhuman

Kind of like how Evil Dead 1 got retconned in Evil Dead 2?

Impediment
Just finished.

Amazingly cheesy and awesome.

BruceSkywalker
watched season premiere last night. stupid, yet good fun..

Galan007
The first episode was every bit as cheesy as I'd hoped it would be. thumb up

Flyattractor
So its cheesy and fun and imaginative.

mmmyeah it won't make it.

if it aint some emo soap opera todays fans just can't "DIG IT"!

Patient_Leech
I didn't think it was as good as Evil Dead 2, but I think it shows promise to shape up into a fun series. I'll tune in for the awesome makeup and creatures alone.

Inhuman
Good so far. Has that Army of Darkness feel.

Also the reason they dont acknowledge any Army of Darkness stuff is because of rights or some sh1t.

TheVaultDweller
Watched the first 2 so far and enjoyed both. This show has just the right blend of action, comedy and intentional cheese-factor to make it worth watching.

Patient_Leech
I've heard the last couple episodes have been improvements on the pilot. I'm gonna let some more episodes build up before I watch 'em, though.

KingD19
It's been pretty fun so far. I like the occasional pointing out of horror movie logic too.

Robtard
Not as good as ED2 or AoD, but enjoying it so far.

Something about mixing horror and comedy. There really needs to be more of this genre.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Not as good as ED2 or AoD, but enjoying it so far.
That's how I felt after watching the pilot.

Originally posted by Robtard
Something about mixing horror and comedy. There really needs to be more of this genre.
thumb up

Mindset
This show just keeps getting better, I see why it was already renewed.

Patient_Leech
Alright, so I didn't realize the episodes were so short... They're only like 20 something minutes? Is that right? I guess that's fine, rather have quality over quantity..

If so I'm definitely going to let them all air before I watch 'em. Because that's just too much of a tease.

Ridley_Prime
Same here... Plus I don't have the Starz channel anymore, and finding the episodes somewhere online each week when they're that short is kinda more trouble than it's worth... But I look forward to watching the rest of the season consecutively after it's all aired. thumb up

jinXed by JaNx
Yea, twenty odd minutes feels to short for this show. I only watched the first three episodes and they're not too bad. The humor is a bit to hit or miss for me. It also feels a bit distracting to see, Ashs' character cycle back and forth between pathetic loser and sarcastic hero. Although, it seemed like it was beginning to find its stride. I also agree with, ridley. I don't understand why, Starz doesn't make this show more widely available. I haven't found any media outlet that offers the episodes to purchase.

Patient_Leech
Now that all of Season 1 has aired I'm watching these. Hahaha, episode 3 is one of the best things I've ever seen on or off TV. Fu#k yes...

laughing

thumb up

TheVaultDweller
The first season was great. Definitely one of the most entertaining shows to come out of 2015 IMO. And it's already been renewed for a 2nd season, so there will be more where that came from.

Patient_Leech
Haha.. Ash's fight with himself was hilarious. That was hilariously great writing. I kinda feel like Raimi should have come back to direct that one, though.

I only have 2 more episodes left. I'm gonna be sad when I'm done. lol. I actually like that they are sort of short episodes. It doesn't feel to drawn out or boring. But I don't think Starz has the greatest production values in the world. Wish HBO had picked up the series.

Inhuman
Season 1 was good thumb up

Patient_Leech
Thought the final couple episodes were excellent. I was laughing pretty uproariously through most of it, giddy as a school girl, haha. There were some filler-ish episodes in the middle of the season, but the ending to the season finale was perfect, haha..

Can't wait for season 2, dammit. Are they filming yet, does anyone know?

queeq
Great stuff. More please.

Apparently shooting starts in the 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2016. It's supposed to be aired somewhere in the fall.

Patient_Leech
It looks to be a bit on the bloody side... laughing out loud

hmtG-5uHLVA

queeq
Well... GOOD!!! wink

Jmanghan
Maybe us in NJ are just getting these shows late.

Cause yeah.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Maybe us in NJ are just getting these shows late.

Cause yeah.

As long as you do eventually get them, because everyone should get the opportunity to watch this show. It's great.

Basara
I like all three movies, but TV series (season 1 at least) is not so good IMO.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Basara
I like all three movies, but TV series (season 1 at least) is not so good IMO.
It has its filler moments and not-so-great episodes, but ultimately I thought the highlights and the finale were absolutely worth it because the characters are good and they have good chemistry.

I look forward to seeing Season 2 after it all airs.

Jmanghan
They acknowledged Army of Darkness in the Season 1: Episode 10.

"The Evil Dead" was also acknowledged in the first episode.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Basara
I like all three movies, but TV series (season 1 at least) is not so good IMO. I liked every single episode.

This show is fan-****ing-tastic.

Not a bad episode yet.

Jmanghan
NOOO PABLOOOO!!!!!

Patient_Leech
^ Dude if that's a spoiler, that's not cool. mad

KingD19
Just wow. Sooo unexpected even with Ruby's warning.

Jmanghan
That fight scene was bad-ass.

Kazenji
Finished watching all of Season 1

i liked it as a whole, except for some bad CGI especially that skeleton.

Patient_Leech
I finally watched the first episode of Season 2. It was awesome.. haha laughing out loud

Originally posted by Kazenji
i liked it as a whole, except for some bad CGI especially that skeleton.

Yeah, that was bad. Some of the CGI is a little cheap looking (thank you Starz production quality), but most of the practical effects and blood look great. These guys from the first episode of Season 2 look awesome...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OYnl9FL9TtI/hqdefault.jpg

queeq
This series is the best!!! Even the sometimes cheaply looking CGI is absolutely in style with what Evil Dead is. I love, absolutely LOVE this series. Damn near perfect.

Patient_Leech
^ I love it, too. The characters are entertaining with good chemistry and the horror/comedy is outrageous and fun.

I'm hoping to marathon a few episodes this evening...

queeq
Good for you. I just rewatched series 1. Interesting to see how much more wacky series 2 is. I can watch this any day of the week!

Patient_Leech
Watched a few more episodes of Season 2 and it has been almost constant gold. I feel like it doesn't have the filler yet that Season 1 had. It's constant hilarity and gore.

laughing out loud

Kazenji
Originally posted by queeq
This series is the best!!! Even the sometimes cheaply looking CGI is absolutely in style with what Evil Dead is. .

Eh....i disagree with you there, but hey each to their own opinion.

Patient_Leech
Eh....i disagree with you there, but hey each to their own opinion.

I actually agree with queeq to some extent. The effects aren't so bad that they're unwatchable. They're sort of over-the-top, which makes it fun. It just has that little bit of camp that makes it fun.

Patient_Leech
Finished episode 5 last night and it was great. This show fu#king rules. So far it's a lot better than season 1. Season 1 has its moments for sure, but this season is full-on non-stop greatness so far. Ash's cocky attitude is f#cking hilarious. This show is exceeding expectations. I prefer it to the original movies I think.

Kazenji
Noticed when watching Season 1 they ignore Army of Darkness & use a combination of Evil Dead 1 & 2 elements.

Patient_Leech
Noticed when watching Season 1 they ignore Army of Darkness & use a combination of Evil Dead 1 & 2 elements.

Pretty sure during Season 2 when Ash is reminiscing about his beloved car they show a clip or two from Army of Darkness. I don't think they're retconning it, they're just not exploring any time-travel stuff at the moment.

Patient_Leech
Just finished Season 2. I love this show.

I hope they don't change the tone too much with Season 3, cause it sounds like there could be some major changes with the Showrunner bowing out...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.avclub.com/amp/247262?client=ms-android-sprint-us

queeq
It's great, isn't it! Superb.

But yeah, this news is not good. I loved the colon fight scene... More of that please.

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
they're just not exploring any time-travel stuff at the moment.

You saw the end right? wink

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by queeq
You saw the end right? wink

Lol, yeah. As soon as I posted that I saw the last 2 episodes of Season 2. How convenient, right? They just happen to go right back in time in the middle of the action at the cabin...

laughing out loud I love this show

They spent a little bit of money on that special effects shot on the final episode. It looked good... daddy like!

queeq
It did... and more absurd. I do so much hope they keep that up now the showrunner is gone...

Patient_Leech
I would have thought Sam Raimi would be the showrunner, but I guess not. I think they'l still try to maintain Sam Raimi's vision and tone for the show.

queeq
Succeeding so far.

Jmanghan
I would have thought Sam Raimi would be the showrunner, but I guess not. I think they'l still try to maintain Sam Raimi's vision and tone for the show. He is...

Patient_Leech
So what's up with Season 3. Well it's apparently done filming...

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3451651/whats-going-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3/

Patient_Leech
Season 3 looks... wacky..

j60Ss6_gGmw

Patient_Leech
J2Dvs0f17VU

Flyattractor
Saw season 1 recently . It totally ROCKED!!! Better then everything else on TV. Gotta catch Season 2 now.

Ridley_Prime
Glad they put it on Netflix, so am caught up on the first two seasons. Was well worth the wait.

Patient_Leech
I actually like that this show has short episodes, so you can shoot through them pretty quickly. I look foward to re-watching and re-watching.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Saw season 1 recently . It totally ROCKED!!! Better then everything else on TV. Gotta catch Season 2 now.

Get ready for a bit of a shift in Season 2. I think it was a shift for the better, though, personally. I remember laughing quite a lot during Season 2.. haha.

I wonder what they have in store for us with Season 3. Happy Dance

juggernaut74
Season 2 was better imo.

Patient_Leech
I think Season 3 premieres February 25th.

So that's pretty sweet. thumb up

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-E-Apu6xaDsc/WdkumJFZ3XI/AAAAAAAAV78/Rcdhjwcuk7Y9K_ggkUPeA80ywjPh2-lZwCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2017-10-08%2Bat%2B8.42.43%2BAM%2B%255Bwww.imagesplitter.net%255D.jpeg

juggernaut74
Trailer for season 3 looks good.

https://youtu.be/ig99vvjeUeI

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Trailer for season 3 looks good.

ig99vvjeUeI

Fixed.

Thanks for posting. I was meaning to sit down and watch it. Yeah, it's looks like pure ****ing win. laughing out loud

I can't wait.

Patient_Leech
Supposedly some spoilers here relating to Army of Darkness, but I'm gonna remain pure...

https://www.google.com/amp/comicbook.com/horror/amp/2018/01/27/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-bruce-campbell-army-of-darkness/#ampshare=http://comicbook.com/horror/2018/01/27/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-bruce-campbell-army-of-darkness/

jane21august
Watched both the season, last night saw the trailer of Season 3 loved it, very much waiting for its release.

cdtm
Keeps getting better, imo.

Patient_Leech
And it's totally been cancelled.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f36/t617263.html

I still haven't gotten around to seeing Season 3 yet.

samhain
Shame it was cancelled really, just when the storyline was going full on crazy too, but it's probably better to keep it short and sweet and not drag it out.

Flyattractor
Total Blame goes to all the Ass Hats that Pirated the show. They Killed it.

Ridley_Prime
^ Damn...

Tho yeah, heard about it getting cancelled after season 3 awhile ago. Just waiting for S3 to get on netflix so I can finish my experience with the show there. Heard the S3 finale felt a bit more conclusive at least, tho shame about the cancellation, but these things happen.

Jmanghan
what the ****.

K, season 3 was awesome, as were both previous seasons, thats cool, but...

They ended it on a huge cliffhanger, we needed ONE. MORE. SEASON, and that would've finished the entire Evil Dead franchise, we needed to see the war end, we need more of that action, more humor, more EVERYTHING.

After the dark ones, what happens? NOTHING, ASH HAS LITERALLY STOMPED OUT EVERYTHING HELL HAS THROWN AT HIM.

After Ash defeats and kills the Dark Ones, that is it, there is no coming back.

Even if he read from the book again, what's gonna happen? No one is going to come, because they're all dead.

Ruby, dead. Dark ones, dead. Kandar the Destroyer, dead. What else can they reasonably throw at Ash?

I mean, I guess Satan? Maybe??? But he's had no real interest in getting involved at all, and I think it was slightly hinted at, that Kandar is the personification of evil, the Kandarian demon.

We all know Ash is going to win, but they're really going to leave us hanging like that?

Everything could have wrapped up nicely if it wasn't for that stupid ending.

Now Bruce is ready to hang up the character for good. What. the. ****.

That season, was great, Brock came back for a bit, closure on Pablo and Kelly, everything seemed to pan out well, but they just had to throw that cliffhanger ending in there.

Jmanghan
Also, what the hell was up with the Knights of Sumeria, surprised the Dalton guy never made an Army of Darkness reference, despite saying "my ancestors have been fighting Deadites since the 1400's".

Would've been cool to see Ash's old crew in the Deadlands, or in the form of Deadites, I was particularly hoping for Scotty to show up at some point, maybe as a Deadlands rebel or something and he fights the "soul sucker".

Yeah, so much wasted potential with not another season, and last season started out fantastic but then started getting rushed and went out too fast.

It's not mandatory to cram it into only 10 episodes, I don't think they can realize they can... y'know, make more?

Flyattractor
I actually like that this show has short episodes, so you can shoot through them pretty quickly. I look foward to re-watching and re-watching.

Get ready for a bit of a shift in Season 2. I think it was a shift for the better, though, personally. I remember laughing quite a lot during Season 2.. haha.

I wonder what they have in store for us with Season 3. Happy Dance

Yeah I have heard that. Cut back on the Gore and Amped the Humor. Kind of like how the movie series did.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah I have heard that. Cut back on the Gore and Amped the Humor. Kind of like how the movie series did. There's a lot of both in this series, probably an equal amount.

Not sure if the fight scenes are as cool, but Ash vs Baal in season 2 was ****in awesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.