Disney's The Jungle Book (2016)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
Plot Synopsis:
An orphan boy is raised in the jungle with the help of a pack of wolves, a bear, and a black panther.

http://i.imgur.com/Mm4imF9.jpg

Starring: Scarlett Johanson, Idris Elba, Bill Murray, Ben Kingsley, Christopher Walken, Lupita Nyong'o & Amjay Anthony.

owgrkAQ-Log

jaden101
Looks terrible.

Zack M
I like it a lot. I don't care for Scarlets voice of the snake, but I will look past that.

Esau Cairn
She can squeeze my junk any day.

Patient_Leech
Might be fun. Yeah, Scarlet's voice is sort of bland or something. Not sure there, but yeah, it's odd.

rudester
Its been done time and time again

BruceSkywalker
looks decent but might pass

Kazenji
Looks okay.

Jmanghan
No one cares

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
No one cares

Then why did you post.

Dreampanther
This is going to be awesome.

dynamix
i think it looks pretty good.

Impediment
I'll wait for home release, but I'll give it a watch.

Christopher Walken as King Louie? Bill Murray as Baloo? Yeah, sounds good.

Dreampanther
Plus, Jon Favreau is on a roll. Iron Man was great, Iron Man 2 was decent, Cowboys & Aliens had its moments and Chef was great.

Mindset
Originally posted by jaden101
Looks terrible. I'll murder you good.

Firefly218
Jungle Book was integral to my childhood. It looks incredible and the bare necessities whistle gave me goosebumps

Jmanghan
Why are people determined to keep long-dead Disney movies relevant?

We got "Pan", and now this.

We don't need to keep reviving these timeless classics, what with ALL the other remakes we can watch.

Jmanghan
It's going to be a waste of time. Not because it won't be good, but because it's been done so many times, and people wanna move on and see what Disney can do with today's day and age, make new timeless classics.

Frozen, for example, blew everyone away, everyone liked and enjoyed it for what it was, this is a story re-done.

More original stuff, and less of the same, I say.

Kazenji
C4qgAaxB_pc

Esau Cairn
Why are people determined to keep long-dead Disney movies relevant?

We got "Pan", and now this.

We don't need to keep reviving these timeless classics, what with ALL the other remakes we can watch.

You do realise these classics aren't Disney?

Both Peter Pan & The Jungle Book were written by reknowned authors long before Disney bought the rights & dumbed them down for the kids.

You want more Frozen, that's fine.
I just doubt in 10 years time, people are gonna reflect on Frozen as a "classic".

Esau Cairn

Frozen, for example, blew everyone away, everyone liked and enjoyed it for what it was, this is a story re-done.

More original stuff, and less of the same, I say.

LOL the merchandise made more than the movie.
That's quantity over quality.

"Blew everyone away?"

My son's class had an excursion to see it.
It got cancelled because all the boys in the class complained & a parent started a petition on behalf of the boys asking if they could see another movie instead.
There wasn't enough staff to look after 2 groups in 2 different cinemas so the excursion got cancelled altogether.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Both Peter Pan & The Jungle Book were written by reknowned authors long before Disney bought the rights & dumbed them down for the kids.

That's just how Walt rolled he was big kid at heart that's not to say some of his movies he helped get made had some dark moments.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
That's just how Walt rolled he was big kid at heart that's not to say some of his movies he helped get made had some dark moments.

Disney (not Walt) did take a lot of the dark moments out or only just hinted at them. Disney skimmed over Wendy's grief of losing her kids & growing old not knowing what exactly happened to them. She literally fell asleep every night in a rocking chair in front of her kids' empty beds. And from memory I think her husband went crazy & slept outside in the dog kennel.

And Mowgli's an orphan but Disney never mentioned the death of his parents either.

marwash22
are we supposed to believe one tiger can kill 5+ fully grown wolves?

i know it's a disney movie, but c'mon.

Patient_Leech
Saw that this is getting really good reviews. Kind of surprises me.

quanchi112
This will contribute to the fall of Batman v. Superman. I'm in.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by marwash22
are we supposed to believe one tiger can kill 5+ fully grown wolves?

i know it's a disney movie, but c'mon.

Thats not a stretch at all.

1 male lion can easily take on multiple hyenas with no fear.

Hyenas > Wolves.

And Tigers > Lions.

playa1258
Tigers could destroy several Wolves at once.

quanchi112
Disney is here to destroy what's left of Batman and Superman.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by playa1258
Tigers could destroy several Wolves at once. especially indian gray wolves, who are much smaller than those from colder climates like alaska's.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by jaden101
Looks terrible. Its Disney, its for the kids confused

playa1258
Originally posted by quanchi112
Disney is here to destroy what's left of Batman and Superman. You act like Disney is the biggest company in the world.

TethAdamTheRock
Batman and Superman need to be signed to Marvel

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Batman and Superman need to be signed to Marvel

imagine the riot from the dumb fanboys

Kotor3
Disney (not Walt) did take a lot of the dark moments out or only just hinted at them. Disney skimmed over Wendy's grief of losing her kids & growing old not knowing what exactly happened to them. She literally fell asleep every night in a rocking chair in front of her kids' empty beds. And from memory I think her husband went crazy & slept outside in the dog kennel.

And Mowgli's an orphan but Disney never mentioned the death of his parents either. This version of Jungle Book from the reviews I have read is more closer to the original story and is much darker. Some reviewers even question whether it would be good for young ones.

I thing think this one is going to be more the like the 1942 movie in terms of action and a darker tone.

marwash22
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Thats not a stretch at all.

1 male lion can easily take on multiple hyenas with no fear.

Hyenas > Wolves.

And Tigers > Lions. Originally posted by playa1258
Tigers could destroy several Wolves at once. you're both wrong. i've seen just 4 wolves take down a goddamn grizzly bear.

I've also seen 4 or five Hyenas absolutely fck up an adult male lion. I don't know where you're getting your information from.

Patient_Leech
I kind of want to see this on the big screen in 3D. Hopefully I can get a chance to. I've never even seen either of the previous films.

Firefly218
This movie is fvcking incredible almost flawless and epic. It's a must see in theaters as some of the visuals are stunning, I haven't seen CGI this good since dawn of the planet of the apes.

10/10 and has displaced Deadpool as my favorite movie of 2016 so far. After seeing this I'm convinced Jon Favreau absolutely MUST do a Star Wars movie he would nail it. Imagine a kotor type movie done with the flavor of Jungle Book but more star warsy and it's perfect. I seriously can't recommend this higher everyone go see it in theaters it's worth your money.

Darth Thor
^ That's good to hear. I've always had faith in Favreau doing a Star Wars movie.

Kotor3
you're both wrong. i've seen just 4 wolves take down a goddamn grizzly bear.

I've also seen 4 or five Hyenas absolutely fck up an adult male lion. I don't know where you're getting your information from. You do know there are different types of lions and tigers. Some much bigger than others.

Siberian tigers hunts bears and is the largest cats in the world. They are very fast and powerful. One Siberian tiger can claim more territory than a group of lions. A Siberian tiger would definitely take down a couple of wolves or Hyenas.

CPT Space Bomb
Gonna see this tomorrow. Can't wait.

CosmicComet

marwash22
Originally posted by Firefly218
This movie is fvcking incredible almost flawless and epic. It's a must see in theaters as some of the visuals are stunning, I haven't seen CGI this good since dawn of the planet of the apes.

10/10 and has displaced Deadpool as my favorite movie of 2016 so far. After seeing this I'm convinced Jon Favreau absolutely MUST do a Star Wars movie he would nail it. Imagine a kotor type movie done with the flavor of Jungle Book but more star warsy and it's perfect. I seriously can't recommend this higher everyone go see it in theaters it's worth your money. that good? interesting.

would you say it's too much for a 6 year old?

Firefly218
that good? interesting.

would you say it's too much for a 6 year old? There are some scenes that could be slightly scary for a 6 year old but nothing too much really. I say go for it, it's a great family movie, it's PG and a joy ride for both children and adults. My 4 year old sister closed her eyes once or twice but loved it ultimately.

Patient_Leech
I got tickets to see this tomorrow night.

CPT Space Bomb
Okay, so I cheated and watched it tonight.

REALLY, REALLY enjoyed this movie. It's nice to have a movie like this that you can watch with your entire family (if you have one). It's mature enough for adults (whilst also touching on that magic nostalgia button for those of us that grew up with the original animated movie) and mostly a great film for kids. There are a few parts that might frighten younger children, but for the most part it's a great journey into the jungle.

And, the Jungle......wow. Completely cgi and it doesn't feel like it even remotely. It's the most realistic cgi I've ever seen. Flawless really. All the voice actors nailed it too. I would recommend this movie to anyone. That being said I really never give out perfect scores to movies and this one is no different. I'd probably give it an 8.5-9/10. But yah, go watch this movie; it's great smile

Firefly218
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Okay, so I cheated and watched it tonight.

REALLY, REALLY enjoyed this movie. It's nice to have a movie like this that you can watch with your entire family (if you have one). It's mature enough for adults (whilst also touching on that magic nostalgia button for those of us that grew up with the original animated movie) and mostly a great film for kids. There are a few parts that might frighten younger children, but for the most part it's a great journey into the jungle.

And, the Jungle......wow. Completely cgi and it doesn't feel like it even remotely. It's the most realistic cgi I've ever seen. Flawless really. All the voice actors nailed it too. I would recommend this movie to anyone. That being said I really never give out perfect scores to movies and this one is no different. I'd probably give it an 8.5-9/10. But yah, go watch this movie; it's great smile thumb up

I'm generally the same when it comes to perfect scores but this movie hit wayyy to close to home nostalgia wise for me to not give it a 10/10. It so beautifully visualized what I loved as a child I gotta give it props.

juggerman
Took the family to see this. Was not disappointed. Great film thumb up

marwash22
taking the niece and nephew to see this later today.

Patient_Leech
Saw this. It's excellent. The CG animation is incredible. The characters voiced by Idris Elba, Bill Murray, and Christopher Walken steal the show. I never would have expected a mostly CGI film with talking animals to work so well. Jon Favreau probably deserves a lot of credit here because the direction and pacing is very well done. Hell I even liked the end titles sequence a lot. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen.

I honestly don't think it's a kids film, though. I mean there are two or three humorous things that kids might giggle at, but I felt like it was just as much of an adult drama/adventure.

marwash22
my niece and nephew didn't get scared. but i agree, it's not a kid's movie.

KCJ506
I haven't seen this yet, but I remember seeing comments(not here) from people saying it was a kids film just because the animals talked. Guess these guys never heard of Babe. Another live action movie that had talking animals and got nominated for seven Academy Awards.

Newjak
I had a lot of fun watching this movie last night. The story was tight, and it had some fun intense moments.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Saw this. It's excellent. The CG animation is incredible. The characters voiced by Idris Elba, Bill Murray, and Christopher Walken steal the show. I never would have expected a mostly CGI film with talking animals to work so well. Jon Favreau probably deserves a lot of credit here because the direction and pacing is very well done. Hell I even liked the end titles sequence a lot. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen.

I honestly don't think it's a kids film, though. I mean there are two or three humorous things that kids might giggle at, but I felt like it was just as much of an adult drama/adventure. Anytime a movie is a kids film there's something wrong. What Pixar teaches us repeatedly is that movies can be made that cater to kids but are also appealing to adults. I wouldn't call jungle book a kids film, I'd call it a family film.

Robtard
Have been looking forward to this for some time now, so glad it's getting such high praise. Probably catch it this weekend.

Kotor3
Saw the movie and I have to agree it is excellent. Amazed at the special effects. Shere Khan is everything he is supposed to be. I will admit some scenes did scared the kids (girls in particular).

This is a definite family movie and one to buy.

The fight scenes and pace of the movie was awesome!

carthage
Amazing film

They really expanded on the character of Mowgli and his relationships with the animals. The CG was beautiful and not overdone and they paid homage to the animated film while introducing new characters and getting more in depth

BruceSkywalker
those that have see this, would you recommend it?

Firefly218
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
those that have see this, would you recommend it? definitely

Darth Thor
Really enjoyable film. Everyone will like this. It really is a great family movie, even though a few scenes might scare the younger kids.

Insane Titan
Don't see how anyone could not enjoy this movie

Patient_Leech
^ Yeah, I'm not interested in very many PG movies, especially with talking animals, heh. But this was surprisingly well done and thoroughly entertaining.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ Yeah, I'm not interested in very many PG movies, especially with talking animals, heh. But this was surprisingly well done and thoroughly entertaining. yeah the animals looked incredible and realistic.

dadudemon
I thought that movie was a bit stale. Felt more like a "what if" scenario on a coffee shop talk about remakes and the idea got taken all the way to the end. Kind of like the drunk guy at the party saying that it would be amazing if someone could jump off the roof and then actually does it. You weren't actually supposed to follow through on this idea...

And the singing felt very awkward and out of place. It was like "oh my gosh...we are gonna not be a musical...but...dang it..here...is a tiny tiny little bit...okay, wow, damn, this is awkward, let's stop. Let's not do that again."

Gave it a 5 out of 10.

quanchi112
Decent. Nothing exceptional or amazing but then again I'm not a kid who reads goosebumps novels. More emotion than Batman v. Superman though.

Esau Cairn
Decent. Nothing exceptional or amazing but then again I'm not a kid who reads goosebumps novels.

You may not read Goosebumps novels but you're definitely the guy that gives kids, goosebumps. Happy Dance

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by dadudemon
I thought that movie was a bit stale. Felt more like a "what if" scenario on a coffee shop talk about remakes and the idea got taken all the way to the end. Kind of like the drunk guy at the party saying that it would be amazing if someone could jump off the roof and then actually does it. You weren't actually supposed to follow through on this idea...

And the singing felt very awkward and out of place. It was like "oh my gosh...we are gonna not be a musical...but...dang it..here...is a tiny tiny little bit...okay, wow, damn, this is awkward, let's stop. Let's not do that again."

Gave it a 5 out of 10. Really? Wow, your opinion but holy shit man...you must be the real life Ebenezer Scrooge. I don't see how you can watch that film and not come away impressed. To each their own.

quanchi112
You may not read Goosebumps novels but you're definitely the guy that gives kids, goosebumps. Happy Dance Quit trying to derail every topic into one of your creep fests. You're a loser. We all get it.

Firefly218

Gave it a 5 out of 10. Bear necessities fit in the movie beautifully and was totally organic everything you're saying is completely alien to me

quanchi112
Civil War is only a few weeks away.

Kento

Gave it a 5 out of 10. I think you summed up what my feelings are about it pretty good. Like cgi was amazing but the movie itself didnt wow me at all. Also I know Mowgli is young but he was kinda annoying to me.

Kotor3
What were your expectations for this movie?

Kento
I didnt have any. I pretty just went hey Jungle Book why not go see how good it is. And just came out like.. Well it wasn't a waste of time but wasn't anything exceptional.

Kotor3
I hear ya. The movie is meant to be a kids movie just putting that out there.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Kotor3
I hear ya. The movie is meant to be a kids movie just putting that out there. Nah. It's really not. It's a movie for kids sure, but adults can enjoy it. The reviews from ADULTS and audiences FEATURING ADULTS have been stellar. So...no; you're wrong.

Kotor3
Nah. It's really not. It's a movie for kids sure, but adults can enjoy it. The reviews from ADULTS and audiences FEATURING ADULTS have been stellar. So...no; you're wrong. I'm wrong even though you admit it's a movie for kids? Who said adults cannot enjoy kids movies? The movie is darker and has a lot of adventure and action, so I'm not shock that adults like the movie also.

So no, I right as you already admitted.

dadudemon
Really? Wow, your opinion but holy shit man...you must be the real life Ebenezer Scrooge. I don't see how you can watch that film and not come away impressed. To each their own.

Originally posted by Firefly218
Bear necessities fit in the movie beautifully and was totally organic everything you're saying is completely alien to me

Holy crap, I had no idea people loved the movie so much.

Just checked out Rotten Tomatoes. Holy balls! It has raving reviews and an absurd high score.

I guess I'm in the very small minority...

Originally posted by Kento
I didnt have any. I pretty just went hey Jungle Book why not go see how good it is. And just came out like.. Well it wasn't a waste of time but wasn't anything exceptional.

Yup, here is the one other person that apparently didn't fall in love with this movie.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Kotor3
I'm wrong even though you admit it's a movie for kids? Who said adults cannot enjoy kids movies? The movie is darker and has a lot of adventure and action, so I'm not shock that adults like the movie also.

So no, I right as you already admitted. No, you're wrong because it's not JUST a kids movie. It's a FAMILY movie. That means it's for adults AND kids.

Patient_Leech
Holy crap, I had no idea people loved the movie so much.

Yup, here is the one other person that apparently didn't fall in love with this movie.

I don't think it's necessary to fall in love with it to recognize that it is a very well-crafted film.

WhiteWitchKing
Great film with cgi rivaling Life of Pi. So much fun and thought put into this movie. You can tell they put a lot of love into this movie. The fight scenes of BvS was great. I mean Bageera v Shere Khan. That was better than Batman vs Superman's fight.

BruceSkywalker
so. um.. Disney keeps shitting on WB , aye???? big grin

tkitna
My son took his girlfriend to see it and they were meh on it. They said it was good, but nothing great. I have no desire to see it, but I do see where its getting great reviews.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so. um.. Disney keeps shitting on WB , aye???? big grin

The humiliation continues as Batman v Superman is out the top 5 box office ranking while Zootopia stays in 4th place. Civil is around the corner.

quanchi112
Disney is really making WB look bad these days.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The humiliation continues as Batman v Superman is out the top 5 box office ranking while Zootopia stays in 4th place. Civil is around the corner.

yup

Disney is really making WB look bad these days.

I agree

Inhuman
Just saw this.
Good movie.

quanchi112
WB will bounce back with Fantastic Beasts IMO. Can't wait for the VoldeVerse to continue.

playa1258
WB will bounce back.

Kotor3
No, you're wrong because it's not JUST a kids movie. It's a FAMILY movie. That means it's for adults AND kids. Alright, whatever your definition of family and kid movie is, we both enjoyed the movie so I'll leave it at that.

ares834
Finally got around to seeing this and I was absolutely blown away even though I've never been a big fan of the cartoon. I was expecting it to be good, but this exceeded all my expectations. I haven't seen a film with as much magic and wonder for a long time. Easily my favorite film of the year so far.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by ares834
Finally got around to seeing this and I was absolutely blown away even though I've never been a big fan of the cartoon. I was expecting it to be good, but this exceeded all my expectations. I haven't seen a film with as much magic and wonder for a long time. Easily my favorite film of the year so far. It was really enjoyable. I'm actually surprised it's not doing better overseas. Still, it's a huge hit and I'm happy because it's a great movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.