Send in the gays

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
I'm not a bigot. I'm truly not, but I feel its strange that all of a sudden; their are so many gay characters in new canon Star Wars. First the lesbian Moff in Lords of the Sith, then the gay Imperial in Aftermath, homosexuality is mentioned in Lost Stars, and the two cat-men in the Lando comic. Its a little much, don't you think. Obviously, Disney is showing its support for homosexual relationships (surprisingly).Yet, I feel that it is all a little unnecessary for it to be happening everywhere across canon.

DarthAnt66
I don't see what the issue is. Pretty shitty ass topic, TBH.

Supporting something that is legal shouldn't be a big deal, kek.

Aurbere
thumb up Ant

Q99
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I'm not a bigot. I'm truly not, but I feel its strange that all of a sudden; their are so many gay characters in new canon Star Wars. First the lesbian Moff in Lords of the Sith, then the gay Imperial in Aftermath, homosexuality is mentioned in Lost Stars, and the two cat-men in the Lando comic. Its a little much, don't you think. Obviously, Disney is showing its support for homosexual relationships (surprisingly).Yet, I feel that it is all a little unnecessary for it to be happening everywhere across canon.

... no?

That's 4 characters out of a cast of hundreds (actually much more, but I figure that's a good number with at least judgeable sexualities).

And only one actual relationship- consider how many heterosexual couples there are.

To get a real life proportion, they'd have to up it considerably.

Consider this statement for a moment: "Don't you think all the flagrant heterosexuality is a bit much? Is it really necessary for it to be happening everywhere across canon?"

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I don't see what the issue is. Pretty shitty ass topic, TBH.

Supporting something that is legal shouldn't be a big deal, kek.

What does legality have to do with this?

Tzeentch
Disney is PC, it's fairly predictable that they'd start including gay characters into the canon. The new movie has a woman, black dude and latino guy as the three heroes, afterall.

Doesn't bother me though. Star Wars could use a little diversity.

Trocity
Originally posted by Q99
Consider this statement for a moment: "Don't you think all the flagrant heterosexuality is a bit much? Is it really necessary for it to be happening everywhere across canon?"

While I understand where you are coming from, heterosexuality is required for a species to continue to exist.

And there are a lot of species in Star Wars.

Fated Xtasy
lmao, the beginning of your sentence reminds me of a Joke from Dylan moran.

"Soon i'll be one of those people who you feel awkward be around with because they start every sentence with, 'I'm not racist, but.' "

The Merchant
Wait, the two cat guys are gay?! I thought they were brothers...

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Merchant
Wait, the two cat guys are gay?! I thought they were brothers...

Nah, they talk about having a cloned child together n all this other stuff.

|King Joker|
I don't think we should be advertising gayism to our children. Star Wars is supposed to be family-friendly - having gays in SW ruins that and promotes sin.

The Merchant
Uhhhhhh

Sinious
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I don't think we should be advertising gayism to our children. Star Wars is supposed to be family-friendly - having gays in SW ruins that and promotes sin. LOL you ****

Ushgarak
I think we can safely say there is no worthwhile discursive content here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.