Booster Gold/ Blue Beetle Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
Supposedly in the works.

http://www.tracking-board.com/exclusive-warner-bros-developing-booster-goldblue-beetle-movie-with-greg-berlanti-helming/

Quincy
Rad

Kazenji
"being pitched as a superhero buddy cop movie."

Jmanghan
Booster Gold is so much better tho.

BruceSkywalker
could care less for both characters.. will only see if i like the people being cast

Firefly218
Looks like they heard Nathan Fillion's interview about wanting to play Booster Gold

Kazenji
Originally posted by Firefly218
Looks like they heard Nathan Fillion's interview about wanting to play Booster Gold

I seen one comment saying get Alan Tudyk for the Blue Beetle role.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Kazenji
I seen one comment saying get Alan Tudyk for the Blue Beetle role.

I would watch the **** out of that

Zack M
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/report-x-men-first-class-scribe-zack-stentz-writing-booster-gold-movie

X-Men First Class scribe is in talks of doing the team up.

CPT Space Bomb
How in the world are Blue Beetle and Booster Gold going to fit in the joyless Snyderverse?

They'll probably be serial killers.

-Pr-
Fillion and Tudyk as gold and blue...

No, I'm not getting my hopes up. That would be amazing.

Zack M
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
How in the world are Blue Beetle and Booster Gold going to fit in the joyless Snyderverse?

They'll probably be serial killers.

Not with Berlenti producing.

Robtard
Originally posted by -Pr-

Agreed.

CPT Space Bomb

No, I'm not getting my hopes up. That would be amazing. Yep. I'm looking forward to this more than like any other upcoming DCU movie to be honest. It'll be FUN (I hope). That's one thing that WB needs to allow their DC movies to do. If BvS had FUN it would have made 1 billion easy. It just wasn't that much fun to rewatch. I'll stop saying fun now. Maybe.....

quanchi112
Meh. Oh DC.

Darth Thor
Great to put out these characters. But I'm not sure why they're teaming up in 1 movie. Has there been a Booster Gold/Blue Beetle duo comic series?

Also thought they were going to do the "buddy cop" thing with Green Lantern corps..

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Great to put out these characters. But I'm not sure why they're teaming up in 1 movie. Has there been a Booster Gold/Blue Beetle duo comic series?

Also thought they were going to do the "buddy cop" thing with Green Lantern corps..

They're best friends. The old Justice League International is probably the best example of it.

Ridley_Prime
Known about Booster being considered for awhile, though I'm still waiting for like Doctor Fate to happen as an 'answer' to the Doctor Strange movie.

Robtard
Yep. I'm looking forward to this more than like any other upcoming DCU movie to be honest. It'll be FUN (I hope). That's one thing that WB needs to allow their DC movies to do. If BvS had FUN it would have made 1 billion easy. It just wasn't that much fun to rewatch. I'll stop saying fun now. Maybe.....

The "buddy cop" pitch above if true does give hope that this will be a fun oriented flick, so hopefully that's true.

Darth Thor
They're best friends. The old Justice League International is probably the best example of it.

Ok that makes sense then.

Surtur
Originally posted by Kazenji
"being pitched as a superhero buddy cop movie."

This sounds awful IMO. Not that I don't want to see them team up, but the term "buddy cop" scares me.

Zack M
In the vein of JLI type of humor would be awesome.

BruceSkywalker

Fillion is supposed to be Wonder Man I thought

marwash22
i hope so, so that you fckin nerds can stop trying to get him cast in every goddamn comic movie that goes into production.

firefly is dead. get over, dorks.

Darth Thor
Latest rumor that it won't be a duo movie. Just a Booseter Gold film first.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/power-rangers-and-thors-zack-stentz-scripting-dcs-booster-goldblue-beetle-movie

Surtur
Originally posted by marwash22
i hope so, so that you fckin nerds can stop trying to get him cast in every goddamn comic movie that goes into production.

firefly is dead. get over, dorks.

Plus eh, Firefly wasn't that awesome to begin with.

CPT Space Bomb
I really enjoyed Firefly. But I'm not in love with it.

Zack M
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/greg-berlanti-confirms-booster-gold-movie-may-direct

Bertanili confirms the movie. He'll probably be replaced as a director.

Quincy
I'm the biggest Nate Fillonin fan of all time. Whats firefly

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zack M
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/greg-berlanti-confirms-booster-gold-movie-may-direct

Bertanili confirms the movie. He'll probably be replaced as a director.

Booster Gold was in an episode of Smallville? I don't remember that at all. I remember one with Blue Beetle, but that's it.

Zack M
Never watched Smallville.

Ridley_Prime
Ru8hY-pZYM8

I hope movie Booster is even half as amusing as he is there. lol

Kazenji
I remember him from Smallville, Showed up in Season 10.

Kazenji
DC superhero Booster Gold getting his own movie from Greg Berlanti producer of the CW superhero shows like FLASH and ARROW and...the GREEN LANTERN film.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/dc-superhero-booster-gold-getting-his-own-movie-270

Supposedly won't be connected to the DCEU.

Darth Thor
^ Cool. I hope it happens.

quanchi112
This sounds awful. I'm sure it will happen. It's DC after all.

Ridley_Prime
Why would there be a film if it's not connected to the DCEU? Does sound cool though and wouldn't mind it happening, but if it's part of CW's DCverse (considering whose said to be involved), then it may as well be another TV show.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Why would there be a film if it's not connected to the DCEU? Does sound cool though and wouldn't mind it happening, but if it's part of CW's DCverse (considering whose said to be involved), then it may as well be another TV show. Maybe a TV movie? We don't see those anymore.

BruceSkywalker
will pass unless i like the actress being cast

Zack M
Love Booster Gold.

Zack M
Supposedly the writing has started. He's done some solid work in the past, so I can't wait to see this.

http://heroichollywood.com/zack-stentz-hints-he-has-started-writing-the-booster-gold-movie/

Surtur
Ru8hY-pZYM8

I hope movie Booster is even half as amusing as he is there. lol

Basically if they made movies with characters like they were from the Batman Brave and the Bold cartoon..those would be some of the best DC movies ever.

An Aquaman movie would suddenly become interesting..and Outrageous!

Darth Thor
Supposedly the writing has started. He's done some solid work in the past, so I can't wait to see this.

http://heroichollywood.com/zack-stentz-hints-he-has-started-writing-the-booster-gold-movie/

Oh the writer is great. Did Thor 1 and X-Men FC. But I thought you hated Thor1? So you shouldn't be happy with this.

Funny/strange though they don't want it associated with the DCEU.

Zack M
Oh the writer is great. Did Thor 1 and X-Men FC. But I thought you hated Thor1? So you shouldn't be happy with this.

Funny/strange though they don't want it associated with the DCEU.

FC is brilliant, IMO. One of my favorite films.

Darth Thor
FC is brilliant, IMO. One of my favorite films.

But you hated Thor1 no? Which means you must be a bit nervous and like 50/50 on this choice stick out tongue

For me it's a GREAT Choice. Because I loved both Thor1 and First Class.

tkitna
First Class was good, but very overrated and the first Thor was painfully average. Booster and Blue Beetle would need to be mostly a comedy or cut in the same cloth as Deadpool to be successful in my opinion, so I would hold my reservations on Stentz for now.

tkitna
Wait, this is going to be a Booster Gold solo film? Good lord, I smell a disaster coming.

Surtur
Originally posted by tkitna
First Class was good, but very overrated and the first Thor was painfully average. Booster and Blue Beetle would need to be mostly a comedy or cut in the same cloth as Deadpool to be successful in my opinion, so I would hold my reservations on Stentz for now.

I don't think First Class was overrated at all. It's one of those films where while you were watching it you just felt it was infusing something new into the genre that should of been done a long time ago.

When it came out a lot of people thought it was just going to be something to keep us distracted until the next MCU film came out.

First Thor was actually fun when it was in Asgard and got boring once it left. I'm guessing that is why The Dark World took place mostly on Asgard or in the other realms and not on lame Earth.

tkitna
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't think First Class was overrated at all. It's one of those films where while you were watching it you just felt it was infusing something new into the genre that should of been done a long time ago.

Thats cool, but I came away less enthralled than a lot I guess. After reading the reviews of most viewers, you would almost think that the movie was a masterpiece or something. I never felt that connection. My biggest issues were that the Beast looked absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, he could barely talk with that blue 1960's makeup. Kevin Bacon grates me, but thats just a personal issue. I thought January Jones was stiff and lacking in the acting department. Rose Byrne as Moira did the best job in my opinion. The way they came up with each others superhero names was stupid. I felt like I was reading the old Contest Of Champions comic. Lastly, Shaws inspiration for nuclear war was dumb. Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie a lot, but I didn't think it was as good as everybody else seemingly did.

Ridley_Prime
FC was great outside of a few things. Now DoFP? That was overrated, and surprisingly has little rewatch value for me, much as I enjoyed it the first time.

cdtm
Yep. I'm looking forward to this more than like any other upcoming DCU movie to be honest. It'll be FUN (I hope). That's one thing that WB needs to allow their DC movies to do. If BvS had FUN it would have made 1 billion easy. It just wasn't that much fun to rewatch. I'll stop saying fun now. Maybe.....

The How It Should Have Ended people should make a DC movie.

Just Batman and Superman hanging out for coffee. Superman saving some cat out of a tree between Batman jokes, then bragging about it.

Zack M
But you hated Thor1 no? Which means you must be a bit nervous and like 50/50 on this choice stick out tongue

For me it's a GREAT Choice. Because I loved both Thor1 and First Class.

I just thought it was average at best. Thor 2 I hated.

Zack M
Thats cool, but I came away less enthralled than a lot I guess. After reading the reviews of most viewers, you would almost think that the movie was a masterpiece or something. I never felt that connection. My biggest issues were that the Beast looked absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, he could barely talk with that blue 1960's makeup. Kevin Bacon grates me, but thats just a personal issue. I thought January Jones was stiff and lacking in the acting department. Rose Byrne as Moira did the best job in my opinion. The way they came up with each others superhero names was stupid. I felt like I was reading the old Contest Of Champions comic. Lastly, Shaws inspiration for nuclear war was dumb. Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie a lot, but I didn't think it was as good as everybody else seemingly did.

Kevin Bacon is god tier, just like Nicolas cage. He was the best part of the movie, imo.

Ridley_Prime
Agreed. People usually talk about how good Magneto was in it, but for me Kevin Bacon will always be the highlight of the film, even though he didn't look anything like Shaw from the comics like some tend to go on about with Apocalypse.

tkitna
FC was great outside of a few things. Now DoFP? That was overrated, and surprisingly has little rewatch value for me, much as I enjoyed it the first time.

I thought the 1st half of the movie was awesome and then it steadily declined from there. I enjoyed Age of Apocalypse a lot more to be honest.

tkitna
just like Nicolas cage.

Don't know if your serious or not? Nicholas Cage is freaking awful.

Ridley_Prime
Don't know if your serious or not? Nicholas Cage is freaking awful.
Yeah. He's a fun actor, but certainly wouldn't put him on par with the more critically acclaimed ones.

I thought the 1st half of the movie was awesome and then it steadily declined from there. I enjoyed Age of Apocalypse a lot more to be honest.
Fair enough. I just feel FC had the most rewatch value out of the 2nd trilogy. Yeah, there were some weak parts to it like the Emma Frost we got (who was even weakly killed off-screen), but aside from Shaw and company that I liked, I just really loved how it captured the feel of the time with the Cuban Missile Crisis and things. Apocalypse movie on the other hand, didn't capture the feel of the 80's as well like I was hoping. Still enjoyed it though despite some other problems; might be my 2nd favorite out of the trilogy and recently bought it digitally. Glad you liked it too.

Darth Thor
even though he didn't look anything like Shaw from the comics like some tend to go on about with Apocalypse.

Oh come on. That's a totally different scenario.

Aside from the fact that Shaw was always a more minor character, his look wasn't exactly an essential/loved quality of his character either.

Ridley_Prime
Oh come on. That's a totally different scenario.

Aside from the fact that Shaw was always a more minor character, his look wasn't exactly an essential/loved quality of his character either.
IDK Considering Shaw's the leader of the Inner Circle/Hellfire Club and given what it is and the nature of it, I'd argue to a point that his old fashioned attire from the comics and stuff was always a notable/important part of his character's identity. Not as much a gripe for me though as movie Logan never having the yellow spandex or something like that, but I still find the amount of hate for movie Apoc to be a bit of an unfair double standard, even though I would've liked him to look better/closer to the source material too.

Darth Thor
^ It's not a double standard. People were just more invested in Apoc's look than Shaw's look. Especially so in a film named after the villain. At least Shaw had his core power though which identifies him, and which was portrayed really well. Not sure what Apoc's power was in Apocalypse.

He was just badly portrayed on almost every level, in a film that ended up being underwhelming to say the least.

And Like Pr said, no harm comes from looking too much like the comic book version. So they might not get hate for diverting, but they won't get hate for imitating it too closely. So best to choose the latter.

Ridley_Prime

Darth Thor
Okay, but really who wanted to see the Ultimate version?

Kazenji
The only reason they go with the Ultimate version is because its more believable or some shit along those lines.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.