Greatest EU Lightsaber duelist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Without referencing the PT, OT, eras what EU Lightsaber duelist is the most skilled and has the best showings of blade mastery? What notable duelists have they beaten, or what accolades do they have that cement them as their eras best? How would they rank in comparison to other generations on the EU?

DarthAnt66
Kun's probably the most famous EU duelist, but he's not the greatest.

The likes of Tulak Hord and Revan are army-busters, but that's not pure sabers.

I would side with probably Caedus as the best duelist (besides those from PT/OT and Luke).

FreshestSlice
Hord's got the must hype, but he has that in every category.

carthage
Actual feats not hype

Deronn_solo
Probably Caedus in terms of actual showings.
Using powerscaling, and inference, a case could be made for someone like Plagueis as well.

SunRazer
I don't think a case could be reasonably made for Plagueis being more skilled than Caedus.

S_W_LeGenD
Some examples of excellent duelists

- Tulak Hord
- Exar Kun
- Emperor's Wrath
- Emperor's Wrath II
- Hero of Tython
- Darth Caedus

SunRazer
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Some examples of excellent duelists

- Tulak Hord
- Exar Kun
- Emperor's Wrath
- Emperor's Wrath II
- Hero of Tython
- Darth Caedus

No Bane? shock

AncientPower
Likely Caedus.

carthage
feel free to make a list friends.

ILS
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Kun's probably the most famous EU duelist, but he's not the greatest.Getting in early I see..

Also, the lack of Krayt in this thread is disturbing.

Nephthys
I'm curious if Krayts got many accolades describing his skill. He's certainly up there and has immense speed and power, but I don't think I've seen his saber skills fleshed out.

ILS

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by SunRazer
No Bane? shock
mmm

He is great indeed but Lord Kas'im gets my vote from his era.

Nephthys
Bane > Kas'im. He was beating him handily until Kas'im busted out the dual sabers, which were a weakness Kas'im has trained him to have.

Also Bane grows considerably afterwards. Orb Bane would crush him especially.

SunRazer
I was joking, but Bane is Kas'im's superior. He didn't have the technical knowledge or mastery that Kas'im had, but Kas'im was losing until he used unorthodoxy to gain the advantage.

Jmanghan
Mace.

Jmanghan
Maybe Dooku or Yoda.

Lord Stark
Exar Kun, perhaps even Malgus if he had a few more feats

Trocity
Originally posted by ILS
the lack of Krayt in this thread is disturbing.

thumb up

carthage
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Mace.

Originally posted by carthage
Without referencing the PT, OT,

Revanchiste
Revan, even a guy like malgus get ass kicked by Revan... And malgus ass kick obiwan...

Revan is good against any foes, he is precise cunning acurate and powerfull.. Andhe mayby kinda abuse of exoic force power to boost his abilities..

He have raiden RV mode (remember MGS Rising Reveangeance?)

juyomaster34
Mace Windu
Count Dooku
Yoda
Exar Kun
Revan
Kyle Katarn.

chingchangwalla
1. Kun
2. Hord
3. Caedus

Jmanghan
Hord.

Kurk
Yoda

The Ellimist
Wait, so no characters originally from the movies, even their EU versions? If they're allowed, then Luke obviously.

Otherwise, probably Caedus.

nedemette
darth MOTHERFUKING bane

Selenial
Originally posted by ILS
Also, the lack of Krayt in this thread is disturbing.

thumb up

vox
Originally posted by Nephthys
Bane > Kas'im. He was beating him handily until Kas'im busted out the dual sabers, which were a weakness Kas'im has trained him to have.

Also Bane grows considerably afterwards. Orb Bane would crush him especially.

Just a point of info. Orb Bane actually got a lot worse at sabers, as he explicity stated that he became lazy with his form and instead relied mainly on his brute strength and the orbalisk's durability.

This is one of the reasons why he eventually decided to get rid of the orbalisks.

Trocity
Originally posted by vox
Just a point of info. Orb Bane actually got a lot worse at sabers, as he explicity stated that he became lazy with his form and instead relied mainly on his brute strength and the orbalisk's durability.

This is one of the reasons why he eventually decided to get rid of the orbalisks. What the hell are you talking about?

vox
Originally posted by Trocity
What the hell are you talking about?

Read Nepth's post.

Deronn_solo
Jacen Solo.

MythLord
Jacen or Kun... Probably Jacen.

Syndicate
Krayt's showing against Karness Muur or Caedus's showing against Luke.

Nephthys
Originally posted by vox

This is one of the reasons why he eventually decided to get rid of the orbalisks.

Lolno. His bladwork became less refined because the orbalisks were that ****ing good, he didn't have to pay attention to defense or do anything fancy in terms of bladework because it was more effective to be brutally efficient in a reckless, simple assault. He became far more deadly, not to mention considerably more powerful. That's why Zannah had to persuade him to get rid of them, there was no way she could kill him if he had them.

Anyway the HoTlander should get a mention here.

Emperordmb
Nah DOE Zannah would've mind****ed ROT Bane.

The Ellimist
Random impressive feats:

Luke in TUF
Meetra vs. the Korriban academy tbh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.