Best Melee Weapon....ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Thread title says all...just dont go op. Keep it low sky and below

LordofBrooklyn
The Power Ring.

Close the thread, woman.

Henry_Pym
Wolverine

psycho gundam
Mjolnir

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Mjolnir

Hulk's fists

Adam Grimes
Orion's face.

long pig
My penis.

StiltmanFTW
Mungi's mantits.

Cogito
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The Power Ring.

Close the thread, woman.

Good choice, but hardly a melee weapon any more than you would call a pistol a melee weapon because you can pistol whip someone with it.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Mjolnir

thumb up If feels too easy, that's just because it's the obvious winner.

ghostman
sword of superman duh.

long pig
Originally posted by long pig
My penis.
I've slew more trolls and goblins with my man-rod than mjolnir. It also doubles as a bookmark.

relentless1
Lightsaber

meep-meep
Batkick.

meep-meep
Melee as in h2h? Honestly, Wolverines' claws on a skilled herald level fighter would be pretty uber.

Khazra Reborn
Jarnbjorn is pretty beastly.

Board Walker
Gonna go with a lantern ring, as superboy prime demonstrated with enough multi-megaversal power/will you can turn it into anything (turned it into a ring of every color of the spectrum.)

byrdgang21
Stormbreaker

long pig
You guys are seriously making a mistake by ignoring the devastating power of my hog.

Its nearly indestructible, I know this because I beat the shit out of it on a daily basis and yet its unharmed.

Digi
Mjolnir is a good choice on versatility. I wouldn't consider a ring a melee weapon.

On something like cutting ability, comics doesn't lack for blades that can do absurd things like slice through atoms or cut through time and space. So you have your choice of probably half a dozen or so there. I wouldn't bother to rank them; it's all a bit subjective at a certain point.

But if I'm voting, I choose Die-Cut:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/diecutmuk.htm

Relevant notes:
Abilities: Die-Cut has a blade, his pscythe, connected to the back of his left wrist; it can slice through virtual all forms of matter and/or energy. It can even be used to open portals through space, into other dimensions, and possibly through time, as well. The Pscythe can also be used to excise memories or other such intangibles.

"Id"
Mjolnir
Nemesis blades/Creation Blades

psycho gundam
- It comes back you Thor on demand which makes it the most reliable weapon mentioned (Stormbreaker being a clone) and that return force is an attack in of itself. Thor said the hammer would carve it's way through a planet to get back to him

- Nigh indestructible.

- Absorbs most types of energy used against it or in the area (even from opponents) and returns that energy 10x-100x fold. That not only drains them but hits them with more energy than they can contain.

- Can fire some of the most powerful blasts in comics

- Allows for faster than light travel

- Weather control (too many feats to name)

- Your opponents can't use it against you if dropped

- Teleportation of self and others across space-time and other dimensions

- No powerdown risk

Stoic
Too bad the Starbrand isn't truly considered a melee weapon much like one of the various Power Rings. If it were, that would be my choice. There's He-Man's Sword of Power though. Well I guess my choice has to be the Destroyer Armor.

riv6672
Originally posted by Cogito
Good choice, but hardly a melee weapon any more than you would call a pistol a melee weapon because you can pistol whip someone with it.

thumb up If feels too easy...

Agree on the GL ring.

It feels easy because its the right answer. Mjolnir.

Digi
Originally posted by Stoic
Too bad the Starbrand isn't truly considered a melee weapon much like one of the various Power Rings. If it were, that would be my choice. There's He-Man's Sword of Power though. Well I guess my choice has to be the Destroyer Armor.

Sword of Power is interesting. It lacks a lot of Mjolnir's versatility, but has more than a few esoteric feats like creating/negating seismic waves and absorbing energy. And it has legitimate claim alongside any weapon in terms of cutting ability and durability.

I'd still go with Mjolnir, but the SoP is in the conversation.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Digi
Mjolnir is a good choice on versatility. I wouldn't consider a ring a melee weapon.

On something like cutting ability, comics doesn't lack for blades that can do absurd things like slice through atoms or cut through time and space. So you have your choice of probably half a dozen or so there. I wouldn't bother to rank them; it's all a bit subjective at a certain point.

But if I'm voting, I choose Die-Cut:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/diecutmuk.htm

Relevant notes:
Abilities: Die-Cut has a blade, his pscythe, connected to the back of his left wrist; it can slice through virtual all forms of matter and/or energy. It can even be used to open portals through space, into other dimensions, and possibly through time, as well. The Pscythe can also be used to excise memories or other such intangibles.

Cute. Mjolnir.

Blue Area Vet
Going with the foreign object.

meep-meep
The die cut is something I never heard of but a pretty cool, if obscure, choice. They are a melee weapon but can transcend purely physical melee. Good choice. Creation blades I didn't even think about.

I haven't heard about WWs' lasso. That should definitely be in the convo.

psycho gundam
Power ring isn't a melee weapon

abhilegend
Mjolnir. No contest.

Bentley
A glove is a melee right?

The Infinity Guantlet ahah

Edit: before some small fry comes and say "Under low sky" the Incomplete Guantlet fits the description shifty

Jmanghan
The Ebony Blade, surprised you bastards didn't bring it up.

Was able to defeat a robotic creature in one slash where Mjolnir couldn't do shit with it.

meep-meep
WW lasso > ebony blade

Jmanghan
Originally posted by meep-meep
WW lasso > ebony blade The Ebony Blade has cut through Iron Man's armor and took out Skyfathers.

Pretty sure WW isn't > Zeus.

8swords
excalibur from soul eater manga, laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Mjolnir, hands down. The safe, if boring choice.

riv6672
Originally posted by Jmanghan
The Ebony Blade, surprised you bastards didn't bring it up....
A lot of blades arent actually melee weapons to begin with.
The "knightly" swords (straight blade one handed cruciform hilt), like the ebony blade, certainly aren't.
Rapiers, katanas, also aren't.
Two handed broad swords, claymores, tulwars, better fit the description.
Heavy weapons not truly meant for thrusting, able to crush armor through sheer force and weight.
Just saying.

WW lasso > ebony blade
A rope isnt a melee weapon.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Mjolnir, hands down. The safe, if boring choice.
Like taking your cousin to the prom.

Insane Titan
Hulks fist

StiltmanFTW
I beat you to it.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hulk's fists

riv6672
You...beat someone with the Hulk's fist. no expression

Johncornwell
Has anyone suggested the necrosword yet? Or is that allowed by the OP's rules?

Scoobless
This kid:

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n606/Scoobless/Brit/Squash5.jpg

Digi
Here's how I'd rank them in total power/versatility:

Mjolnir > Sword of Power > Ebony Blade > Creation Blades

Please note, this isn't strictly on durability, in which case Mjolnir would be a touch lower. But nothing this side of abstract has its versatility feats. Creation Blades could do some esoteric things, but most of their feats were fairly straightforward. Thus the low ranking. But you can't go wrong with any of them.

We may be forgetting 1-2 others.

The die cut is something I never heard of but a pretty cool, if obscure, choice.

Marvel UK was amazing in the 90s.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Digi
Here's how I'd rank them in total power/versatility:

Mjolnir > Sword of Power > Ebony Blade > Creation Blades

Please note, this isn't strictly on durability, in which case Mjolnir would be a touch lower. But nothing this side of abstract has its versatility feats.

We may be forgetting 1-2 others.

Marvel UK was amazing in the 90s. The Ebony Blade is just straight up more powerful fhen Mjolnir though, its done things Mjolnir couldn't, non-magic things, things that Mjolnir couldn't put a scratch on.

Unless you're talking about personal preference, which I totally understand.

psycho gundam
A few that weren't mentioned:

Surtur's twilight sword

Persuader's ax. It's more broken than Executioner's axe (which takes it's spot) but it has flaws.

Ronan's universal weapon. Diet Mjolnir, basically

Cap's shield.

Claw of Horus. Not totally sure if this qualifies

Beta club

Gugnir

Adam Grimes
Batman's gloves.

Scoobless
Just by the by. I take "melee weapon" to purely mean something used for striking/stabbing/cutting, so something like Ronan's universal weapon, being used purely as a hammer, not energy mapulation device... does it really belong here? In this sense, Thunderstrike, Stormbreaker and Mjolnir are pretty much equal, matching Hercules's mace as well.

Even Wolverine's claws do more damage in a strictly melee sense than some of these other weapons.

Anyone remember a guy called Shatterfist? his gloves were pretty sweet for fighting.

Mindset
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/19373/401873-56710-guts.jpg

Digi
Originally posted by Jmanghan
The Ebony Blade is just straight up more powerful fhen Mjolnir though, its done things Mjolnir couldn't, non-magic things, things that Mjolnir couldn't put a scratch on.

Unless you're talking about personal preference, which I totally understand.

Paraphrasing PG's post from last page, Mjolnir has absorbed magical energy, psychic energy, basically all other types of energy as well (including up to Skyfather-level attacks that were literally from Odin), opened dimensional portals, created anti-matter, gives you control over the weather on a planetary scale, can transmute elements, and grants the bearer the power of Thor, allows for FTL travel, etc. etc.

Yes, the EB has done a couple things that Mjolnir can't or hasn't. And it's more durable and has better cutting ability in a purely melee sense. It's very, very close overall. But it's not disrespect to place Mjolnir above it in terms of total usefulness.

riv6672
Originally posted by Scoobless
Just by the by. I take "melee weapon" to purely mean something used for striking/stabbing/cutting, so something like Ronan's universal weapon, being used purely as a hammer, not energy mapulation device... does it really belong here? In this sense, Thunderstrike, Stormbreaker and Mjolnir are pretty much equal, matching Hercules's mace as well.

Even Wolverine's claws do more damage in a strictly melee sense than some of these other weapons.

Anyone remember a guy called Shatterfist? his gloves were pretty sweet for fighting.
Oy, maybe they'll listen to YOU.

staxamillion
soulsword or ebonyblade

necro bump

Blight
It's due to the sheer versatility of mjolner that I would discount it (I mean, it doubles as a ranged weapon).

I like the vorpal blade, personally.

http://media.aintitcool.com/media/legacy/images2007/comics/column1108/boyblue.JPG

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/142926/4334098-vorpal_sword.jpg

Prof. T.C McAbe
Scourge of Rkard

ShadowFyre
Mjolnir, NecroSword, Jarnborn are all good weapons. damantium claws are pretty good as well

riv6672
Still Mjolnir.

Scarlet315
Pokeball but really the ironman armor Stark wore before his demise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.