Christians and Catholics - Is it wrong to hate Gays?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
IMO, Yes.

If they wanna burn in a lake of fire, it should be their choice, and when they go up to heaven, they'll still be miserable anyway.

On top of that, God may not follow EVERY single rule he did in the bible like everyone thinks he does.

Sure, hate against homosexuality is a thing in the bible.

Know what else is? Slavery, Rape, and even Murder, these are things that are in the bible that God actually supported.

My guess is, God is far more accepting then you think.

Almost every human being on the planet masturbates, are we meant to go to Hell just for that? Doubtful.

I'm not saying God doesn't exist, and I'm not saying he's a different God, however, his judgement has mercy in it, I highly doubt he'll punish one of his children for being in love and not being able to control his emotions.

Digi
"Hate the sin, love the sinner"

If you really must hate or see something wrong with homosexuality, this isn't a hard creed to follow. Though apparently it is for many.

Bentley
Obviously it's wrong to hate gays. Sin is an offense towards God, and if he's actually the one offended and still loves the sinner, why should a non-offended party hate at all?

Nibedicus
Speaking as a Catholic, let me say that the vast majority of us do not hate on gays. Heck, the vast majority of us do not care. Our belief tells us that homosexuality is wrong, doesn't mean we actively condemn those who are. Many of us (myself included) has gay friends and we don't even ever bring the topic of any kind of "hate" in any of our conversations.

Saying Catholics hate gays is like saying Liberals love abortion or Muslims just wanna blow people up.

It's like media have painted an almost caricature-like perception of what a Catholic/Christian is like.

Jmanghan
I'm a Catholic as well, but many people have been vocal, its almost as bad as Racism at this point.

long pig
Where is slavery(modern definition), rape or murder supported in the bible?

And no, you're not supposed to hate gays. You can be disgusted by them, though.

Surtur
Yes it is wrong to hate someone for doing something that doesn't effect you and doesn't hurt anybody. It's not just wrong, it's stupid and crazy. It is not like gay people are breaking into peoples houses and having sex in front of them.

Who cares who someone loves/screws as long as both parties have consented?

I'm straight, I have no problem with gay men or lesbians or anything. I have no problem with seeing gay men and women showing public displays of affection either. Beyond that, what people do in the privacy of their own homes is their own business. Unless it somehow has a direct effect on you people shouldn't be concerning themselves with it.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by long pig

And no, you're not supposed to hate gays. You can be disgusted by them, though. Ok, ya ready? Cause there's a lot.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by long pig

And no, you're not supposed to hate gays. You can be disgusted by them, though.

Robtard
The Pope doesn't think so and he's God's #1 guy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.