We Remember: Darth Marr (Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
This is a thread dedicated to one of the most badass and powerful Sith in history: senior Dark Council member Darth Marr.

While his true fate is unknown, and that he may have survived his encounter with Vitiate, some scenarios do indeed depict his death.

Because of such, we much unite as a Marr-loving fanbase for those who sadly had to experience first-hand his demise.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-25-2015/pL52tt.gif

Aurbere
Third favorite character of the era, for me. Really sad to see that he actually might die. sad sad sad

DarthAnt66
Damn just found a livestream in which Marr is cutting through even more Knights.

DarthAnt66
So much Marr hype in this livestream I'll have to go back and watch through it all.

Aurbere
We know one thing for sure: your Darth Marr RT is going to get an update! stick out tongue

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5nPz6m3SY&t=10m32s

HOLY SHIT MARR IS MAD POWERFUL

Aurbere
Awesome thumb up

SunRazer
I love how you linked to a private video.

Aurbere
Must'a been made private a good while after Ant posted it here, because I was able to watch it.

SunRazer
Doesn't matter. I searched up the RT myself. Nice feats.

SunRazer
Where do you have Marr now?

DarthAnt66
Still Maul level.

FreshestSlice
Marr getting one shotted by Valkorion, tho

DarthAnt66
So would Maul, lawl.

psmith81992
So I don't understand, did Marr die?

FreshestSlice
http://i.imgur.com/7yhS1X2.gif

Bruh, I'm not using that to say Maul is stronger than Marr. I'm having a moment and lost a friend.

EDIT: Looks like they removed Marr' achievements from the database on TOR community. My optimism is dropping.

carthage
Valkorion looks like the Most interesting man in the world

SunRazer
Damn, so Marr's dead. huh

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Valkorion's lightning looks sick af

FreshestSlice
It was so casual. In the blink of an eye. Here one second and gone the next. The camera slows done to say, "Marr is dead, and you couldn't do shit to stop it." Pretty powerful stuff, tbh.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Still Maul level.
Darth Maul is mad powerful?

FreshestSlice
Tell me again why being comparable to one of the stronger Banite Sith is a bad thing?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Valkorion's lightning looks sick af
It is not Force Lightning. It is a different power.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Tell me again why being comparable to one of the stronger Banite Sith is a bad thing?
How exactly is Darth Maul special in the grand scheme of things? He is powerful but nothing special.

Why post a remark like character (A) is mad powerful, only to equalize him with someone who is nothing special?

psmith81992
It's a lightning blast

Aurbere
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
It is not Force Lightning. It is a different power.

That power being???

From where I'm standing, it looks an awful lot like Lightning.

FreshestSlice
How exactly is Darth Maul special in the grand scheme of things? He is powerful but nothing special.

Why post a remark like character (A) is mad powerful, only to equalize him with someone who is nothing special?
Because Maul is more powerful than half the plebs you wank consistently from TOR, for one.

psmith81992
Not Marr.

S_W_LeGenD
Because Maul is more powerful than half the plebs you wank consistently from TOR, for one.
I don't care.

My point is that Darth Maul is not wow level.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by carthage
Valkorion looks like the Most interesting man in the world
http://40.media.tumblr.com/f05869d82c8b1c5054c84c563865dde3/tumblr_nswth5P9aj1s2x8sxo1_1280.png

Aurbere
thumb up LOL

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Aurbere
That power being???

From where I'm standing, it looks an awful lot like Lightning.
This is Force Lightning:

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/databank_forcelightning_01_169_b1eb5a6f.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=768

Force Lightning manifests in the form of several bolts.

carthage
Yeah, that bolt of lightning was ****ing huge

Aurbere
This is Force Lightning:

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/databank_forcelightning_01_169_b1eb5a6f.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=768

Force Lightning manifests in the form of several bolts.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--2RdnZ0PS--/673563938682145967.jpg

FreshestSlice
I don't care.

My point is that Darth Maul is not wow level.
Yes. Yes, he is. When you can kill any random individual from over 90% of the mythos, you are "wow level."

S_W_LeGenD
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--2RdnZ0PS--/673563938682145967.jpg
Vitiate's power (shown on page 1 of this thread) is noticeably different in its manifestation. It looks like a beam of energy.

S_W_LeGenD
Yes. Yes, he is. When you can kill any random individual from over 90% of the mythos, you are "wow level."
My standards of wow level are different then yours.

Emperordmb
1. If you look closely, yes Vitiate's lightning manifested itself in several bolts in the gif on the first page.

2. There are precedents for Force lightning being manifested in a single bolt.

Aurbere
Vitiate's power (shown on page 1 of this thread) is noticeably different in its manifestation.

First, what DMB said.

Second, what would this power be?

As an aside, you don't really need to tell me what Force Lightning is. Just thought I'd say that.

S_W_LeGenD
First, what DMB said.

Second, what would this power be?

As an aside, you don't really need to tell me what Force Lightning is. Just thought I'd say that.
1. It is possible that the referred power involves use of Force Lightning but it appears to be more then that. At the end of the gif, you can see a manifestation of energy which is clearly not a Lightning bolt.

2. Not described yet.

3. I thought so, but your judgment made me do the obvious. As a long-term fan of the Star Wars, I fully understand what Force Lightning is.

Aurbere
It is possible that the referred power involves use of Force Lightning but it appears to be more then that.

It's probably a more advanced form of the power, as it certainly resembles it.

FreshestSlice
My standards of wow level are different then yours.
Your standards for wow are basically, "Someone in TOR did it and then it got hyped in the encyclopedia," so your opinion is pretty irrelevant then.

S_W_LeGenD
It's probably a more advanced form of the power, as it certainly resembles it.
Resembling does not implies same.

A Force power may involve Force Lightning in its manifestation but it still can be a vastly different power in comparison to the latter. Examples include Force Storm (Wormhole) and Force Maelstrom.

Emperordmb
Why do you think it's a different power to begin with?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Because of the shiny purply stuff that surrounds the lightning.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice Your standards for wow are basically, "Someone in TOR did it and then it got hyped in the encyclopedia," so your opinion is pretty irrelevant then.
I am not interested in an argument for the sake of argument, OK?

Darth Maul have some good feats but nothing wow level.

Aurbere
Resembling does not implies same.

A Force power may involve Force Lightning in its manifestation but it still can be a vastly different power in comparison to the latter. Examples include Force Storm (Wormhole) and Force Maelstrom.

Sigh. I never spoke to the contrary. erm

FreshestSlice

Darth Maul have some good feats but nothing wow level.
"I'm not interested in an argument just to argue, but here's why Maul is kind shit in comparison."

-Classic LeGenD.

S_W_LeGenD
"I'm not interested in an argument just to argue, but here's why Maul is kind shit in comparison."

-Classic LeGenD.
There are Force-users who have demonstrated apocalyptic powers and you think that Darth Maul is wow level? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Revan is minimum in my wow level list based on feats.

DarthAnt66
It's obviously Force Lightning - just an insane display of it.

FreshestSlice
There are Force-users who have demonstrated apocalyptic powers and you think that Darth Maul is wow level? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Revan is minimum in my wow level list based on feats.
That's kind of retarded. I mean sometimes people win the lottery, so when it's a beautiful day outside? Not really much of a wow moment.

I also like how Revan is the minimum for "wow" when he's easily in the top 10 or 15 of the mythos.

Sinious
It's obviously Force Lightning - just an insane display of it. Pretty much this. They probably just made it shinier to better display his power. It's still interesting though.

Nephthys

DarthAnt66
Not sure even Yoda could handle that lightning in a direct hit though.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Valkorion casually annihilates Yoda with one palm

SunRazer

S_W_LeGenD
Since when Force Lightning manifests like a beam of energy?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sidious did it. And you can clearly see lightning bolts in his attack.

Sinious
Since when Force Lightning manifests like a beam of energy? Since Valkorion tbh

S_W_LeGenD
Sidious did it. And you can clearly see lightning bolts in his attack.
Show me.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Sinious
Since Valkorion tbh
I am sure that developers understand the concept of Force Lightning very well. Me too.

That blast of power is not Force Lightning. FYI, Force Lightning can be involved in the manifestation of other Force powers, the end result is not Force Lightning nonetheless.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Show me.

I'll get the Sidious one. And you can see the bolts in Valkorion's attack, and the bolts coursing through Marr's body while he's on the ground, right?

FreshestSlice

Aurbere
Yes you can, Skillz.

S_W_LeGenD
I'll get the Sidious one. And you can see the bolts in Valkorion's attack, and the bolts coursing through Marr's body while he's on the ground, right?
See my response to member Sinious above. That just proves that Force Lightning was involved in the manifestation of that power. But we also notice a manifestation of energy that is not a Lightning bolt and it dissipates in the air.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Happy Birthday LeGenD! I'll make you repeat yourself till your vocal chords disintegrate, alright buddy!?

SWTORian pretender

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Happy Birthday LeGenD! I'll make you repeat yourself till your vocal chords disintegrate, alright buddy!?

SWTORian pretender

Nice edit, but your cruelty is noted.

EDIT: Oops.

S_W_LeGenD
Happy Birthday LeGenD!
Thank you.

I'll make you repeat yourself till your vocal chords disintegrate, alright buddy!?

SWTORian pretender
You dare toy with me?

Let me show you an example of what I do to those who do not kneel:

http://i.imgur.com/7yhS1X2.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Not gonna lie, it looks like a combo of force lightning and thundering blast.

Sinious
Not gonna lie, it looks like a combo of force lightning and thundering blast. Vitiate likes to do that. But imo, here its just an uber form of lightning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.