Battle of the Geniuses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
1. Reed
2. Doom
3. Pym
4. T'Challa
5. Ultimate Reed (Maker)
6. Tony Stark

All 6 have unlimited resources and 20 years prep

who wins

list in order

Mindset
1. Doom
2-6. Doombots

ghostman
doom. how many times has this mother****er become godlike?

Astner
I'd argue that the Maker's mind is the deadliest out of the lot, but Dr. Doom does have the whole omnipotence-thing going for him now so he probably doesn't even need the prep-time.

Khazra Reborn
616 Reed.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Astner
I'd argue that the Maker's mind is the deadliest out of the lot, but Dr. Doom does have the whole omnipotence-thing going for him now so he probably doesn't even need the prep-time. is the maker's that advanced?

beatboks
The one who makes cosmic cubes out of spare parts for the win

riv6672
1. Doom
2. Reed
3. Pym
4. Iron Man
5. Ultimate Reed (Maker)
6. Black Panther

SWblayde938
Originally posted by ghostman
doom. how many times has this mother****er become godlike? is doom technically a god in the current Secret Wars series

does he have god powers?

DarkSaint85
With the inhumans, he casually snapped his fingers and reset reality.
And implied heavily this wasn't the first time he'd done so.

Genii96
I don't tink OP meant current god doom,cuz if he did,this is spite....

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Genii96
I don't tink OP meant current god doom,cuz if he did,this is spite.... talking regular doom

Insane Titan
Reed wins,

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Reed wins, is reed the smartest of all 6

The Nuul
Originally posted by Mindset
1. Doom
2-6. Doombots

Henry_Pym
Pym-Ultron
Doom
Reed

Tony
T'challa

I don't read Ultimate-verse comics

riv6672
Pym wins for creating Ultron?

Henry_Pym
They are fused now.

riv6672
And that makes him smarter?

Edit: i get what you mean about why you think he'd win, after your explanation; my question is purely about his intelligence.

Henry_Pym
His Technopathy, hypnosis and far better stats make this an easy win and that's assuming he doesn't have access to Pym's power set.

Mindset
Nah, Doom wins.

Fight me irl.

riv6672
Cool. Thanks for responding. thumb up
While i still favor Doom, that may just be out of habit. I'd need to see Pymtron in action to really say.

Henry_Pym
Nah, Doom wins.

Fight me irl. I'm outside your window, bro

SWblayde938
so it seems either reed or doom?

Henry_Pym
Reed can't hang with the magic.

Mindset
Hey, back, guys.

Just got done kicking Pym's ass.

Henry_Pym
You wish, I have my treasure, still.

SWblayde938
so is reed the smartest man in marvel?

Khazra Reborn
It was mentioned recently in SW, that despite Doom's omnipotence, he still fears Reed. BTW, I don't know how anyone still favors Reed over Doom, considering he's been made Reed's ***** how many times over the past 53 years?

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
It was mentioned recently in SW, that despite Doom's omnipotence, he still fears Reed. BTW, I don't know how anyone still favors Reed over Doom, considering he's been made Reed's ***** how many times over the past 53 years? so your picking reed to win this?

Mindset
It was mentioned recently in SW, that despite Doom's omnipotence, he still fears Reed. BTW, I don't know how anyone still favors Reed over Doom, considering he's been made Reed's ***** how many times over the past 53 years? You're a buffoon.

Go slink off back into the darkness before I break you.

SWblayde938
ok so Reed is above Doom...

does Reed still beat the other 5 guys..Stark, Tony,Ultimate Reed, Pym?

Khazra Reborn
You're a buffoon.

Go slink off back into the darkness before I break you.

Truth hurts, eh?

Mindset
Truth hurts, eh? http://www.fteam.org/EDLB/wp-content/uploads/tumblr_lyj84ggMFB1qjnvdlo1_250.png

Khazra Reborn
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/27935/868906-fantasticfourspecial1200yx.jpg

I'd post an inferior Reed walking around with Doom on a leash for half an arc, but I don't have it in digital.

Mindset
Doombot.

Khazra Reborn
You're a Doombot.

SWblayde938
who has the greatest intellectual feats of the 6?

riv6672
^^^thats not always a real indicator of who wins a fight.

beatboks
why is Ult Reed being so discarded???
built a weapon that allows the holder to reality warp
http://i.imgur.com/DdeRqN7.jpg
and another than turns his thoughts into 3d constructs
http://i.imgur.com/vEv7mYs.png
weaponized a "big bang"
http://i.imgur.com/2UtNFym.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9IGsW42.jpg

no way is he 5th

riv6672
Originally posted by beatboks
why is Ult Reed being so discarded???
built a weapon that allows the holder to reality warp
http://i.imgur.com/DdeRqN7.jpg
and another than turns his thoughts into 3d constructs
http://i.imgur.com/vEv7mYs.png
weaponized a "big bang"
http://i.imgur.com/2UtNFym.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9IGsW42.jpg

no way is he 5th
Well, he's smarter than 'Panther, so, yeah. Fifth.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^thats not always a real indicator of who wins a fight. true...

so who has the greatest feats?

who wins this battle overall

Khazra Reborn
Slight edge to 616 Reed, then
Reed 1610
Stark
Doom
Pym
T'Charlie

SWblayde938
isn't t'challa considered a polymath though....

but i guess that doesn't necessarry mean he has more raw intellect than the other guys?

can someone help me out on this?

riv6672
Sure. 'Panther comes in last.

Sin I AM
dont know y panther is always put on this list, he's not impressive

Mindset
Originally posted by SWblayde938
true...

so who has the greatest feats?

who wins this battle overall Doom

SWblayde938
Sure. 'Panther comes in last. is this a sarcastic but true repsonse?

deathslash
is this a sarcastic but true repsonse? yes and no. I've seen T'challa outsmart pretty much everyone on this list at one point in time but everyone else on this list has also outsmarted him at some point. He might be above stark but that's about it. I also just want to note that T'challa might not me as smart as some of these people, but his cunning will certainly help in a prep war.

Galan007
1. Reed
2. Doom
3. Pym
4. T'Challa
5. Ultimate Reed (Maker)
6. Tony Stark

who wins

list in order Maker
Doom
Reed
Tony
Pym
T'Challa

One_Angry_Scot
Maker is top of the pile.

Was going to put an order but essentially I agree with Galan's. Some are interchangeable but then you would just be around for ages changing characters around.

beatboks
Well, he's smarter than 'Panther, so, yeah. Fifth.

The only one on the list who has feats even close to Ult Reed is Doom.

Who on the list besides Doom and Maker have achieved nigh omniscient power??
Pym is only good because he has come up with tech that has cou tered magic, but so has Maker. Stark has his power absorbing tech creations but so has maker.

This is a 2 way fight if we disregard the PIS that makes the villain Doom come off second best and Maker and Doom are the only two with a chance of victory because no ine else is beating those two.

Lets not forget its a battle and maker is vertually immortal

beatboks
@ Galan and One angry shot, thank you. Finally some reason

SWblayde938
The only one on the list who has feats even close to Ult Reed is Doom.

Who on the list besides Doom and Maker have achieved nigh omniscient power??
Pym is only good because he has come up with tech that has cou tered magic, but so has Maker. Stark has his power absorbing tech creations but so has maker.

This is a 2 way fight if we disregard the PIS that makes the villain Doom come off second best and Maker and Doom are the only two with a chance of victory because no ine else is beating those two.

Lets not forget its a battle and maker is vertually immortal

wait ult. reed is almost "god-like"?

beatboks
wait ult. reed is almost "god-like"?

He built a cosmic cube which is a reality warping weapon, stated to be infinitely powerful.
He weaponised a big bang
He built a device to contain a star
He created a weapon that makes his thoughts into three dimensional independently acting constructs
Hell he built a suit of armor that protected sue from the "end of the universe"

These are just a FEW feats of many more.

With years prep and infinite resources hes going to enter this battle with weapons to deal with anything the others can come up with and a lot more.

The immortal thing (if that's what y I ur referri g to) is to do with his body's very unique atomic structure. He can't be killed, doesnt need to eat or sleep etc.
Essentially he can spend a lot more of the 20 years actually developing weapons whe he has an extra 73000 hours to work with (the time the others will be sleeping and eating to survive)

Galan007
He built a cosmic cube which is a reality warping weapon, stated to be infinitely powerful.
He weaponised a big bang
He built a device to contain a star
He created a weapon that makes his thoughts into three dimensional independently acting constructs And Reed built all of this tech before he constructed The City and evolved into the Maker.

Essentially, he built that tech while at his dumbest levels. smile

beatboks
Originally posted by Galan007
And he built all of this tech before he constructed The City and evolved into the Maker. thumb up

I was going to get m into the Dome next. Which just damn gives him this battle cool

SWblayde938
And Reed built all of this tech before he constructed The City and evolved into the Maker.

Essentially, he built that tech while at his dumbest levels. smile

is the Maker even "human" anymore?

riv6672
is this a sarcastic but true repsonse?
Originally posted by deathslash
yes and no. I've seen T'challa outsmart pretty much everyone on this list at one point in time but everyone else on this list has also outsmarted him at some point. He might be above stark but that's about it. I also just want to note that T'challa might not me as smart as some of these people, but his cunning will certainly help in a prep war.
Thanks for answering. stick out tongue

SWblayde938
Thanks for answering. stick out tongue same here

Magnon
1. Maker
2. Reed = Doom
3. Pym = Stark = BP

CadenceV2
Im glad to see Maker getting respect. Been awhile, but I heard people were low ranking him, seem to have been rectified though. Maker is right up there with Doom, and 616 Reed.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Magnon
1. Maker
2. Reed = Doom
3. Pym = Stark = BP

Maker is above Doom...and he is now going to be a villain in the new post-battleworld universe

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE....

DarkSaint85
Welcome back Cadence

Henry_Pym
Still haven't seen an argument on how these guys beat Ultron/Pym

Top tier technopathy plus anti-magic tech on top of the stats to solo the team h2h

That's not even taking into account mind control, miniaturized black holes, and techno-organic viruses that could regrow a new Pymtron.

riv6672
Like i said, sounds good, but i'd have to see him in action.
You make a strong case though, that no one's really rebutted.

Odekahn
1. Reed
2. Doom
3. Pym
4. T'Challa
5. Ultimate Reed (Maker)
6. Tony Stark

who wins

list in order

Batman

beatboks
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Still haven't seen an argument on how these guys beat Ultron/Pym

Top tier technopathy plus anti-magic tech on top of the stats to solo the team h2h

That's not even taking into account mind control, miniaturized black holes, and techno-organic viruses that could regrow a new Pymtron.
Maybe you should have read the thread then.
With the cosmic cube Ult Reed will make he warps everything you just mentioned out of existence the second the battle starts (as thiugh it never existed) and your prep was for naught. He could warp reality so Pym was an imbicele.

Thats not counting all the is other creations.
Nothing Pym has cou ters reality warping.

beatboks
Oopd double post

Henry_Pym
Maybe you should have read the thread then.
With the cosmic cube Ult Reed will make he warps everything you just mentioned out of existence the second the battle starts (as thiugh it never existed) and your prep was for naught. He could warp reality so Pym was an imbicele.

Thats not counting all the is other creations.
Nothing Pym has cou ters reality warping. Ultron is faster and could hypnotize him.

If we wanna play the blitz game

beatboks
Ultron is faster and could hypnotize him.

If we wanna play the blitz game
Maker would enter battle with the dome in which time moves much faster and thousands of years could pass for maker while a second passes for pym.

Faster he is not

beatboks
Actually I should correct that last statement.
1 second in the real world wiuld be 5 years in the dome (give or take),

Henry_Pym
By that stance, Pym could fight from over space...

Galan007
Actually I should correct that last statement.
1 second in the real world wiuld be 5 years in the dome (give or take), Originally posted by Galan007
Part II: "The Maker"

-Evolution-

"The Dome" is one of Reed's ultimate inventions. Within The Dome, time passes at a much faster rate, allowing Reed to live/evolve for thousandS of years in just a matter of weeks in the real world:
http://i.imgur.com/18wXUDY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lIjM3Cs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/06thYjO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qohJN8Z.jpg

To be more precise, roughly 1 year inside the dome equates to around 0.19 seconds in the real world:
http://i.imgur.com/uo9KNOr.jpg

During his time inside The Dome, Reed vastly expanded his intellect, and took on the title of "The Maker". We also learn that Reed is effectively ageless/immortal:
http://i.imgur.com/eS9C4ZD.jpg

Mindset
laughing out loud LOOK AT THAT FUCCING HEAD!

Galan007
IKR?

Henry_Pym
What's up with that hairline?

CadenceV2
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Welcome back Cadence
Thanks I was just visiting to see what this thread was about. Im more active on the Vine these days.

SWblayde938
Ult Reed is amazing

riv6672
laughing out loud LOOK AT THAT FUCCING HEAD!
He looks like an Adventure Time character...eek!

Bentley
Originally posted by Sin I AM

He decked Mephisto and armbarred Silver Surfer. If anything Tony has nothing on him.

riv6672
^^^So he's PIS/CIS friendly.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Bentley
He decked Mephisto and armbarred Silver Surfer. If anything Tony has nothing on him. yeah this is PIS/CIS level

SWblayde938
so the consensus seems to be Maker wins this?

im suprised that panther is so low on many people's lists here

isn't he sort of the polymath of the group...but maybe that doesnt mean he has the most raw intellect?

he might not be on maker, reed or doom's level

but he is on at least pym/stark's level...right?

Henry_Pym
Pym is so far past Stark it's laughable.

He could beat Stark at Stark's own game

Astner
Maker
Reed (616)
Dr. Doom
Hank
Tony
T'Challa
Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Henry_Pym
I'll concede Maker on the basis of lack of knowledge of him on my part but how do Reed & Doom beat Pym?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Bullshit

riv6672
so the consensus seems to be Maker wins this?

im suprised that panther is so low on many people's lists here

isn't he sort of the polymath of the group...but maybe that doesnt mean he has the most raw intellect?

he might not be on maker, reed or doom's level

but he is on at least pym/stark's level...right?
Nope.

SWblayde938
I'll concede Maker on the basis of lack of knowledge of him on my part but how do Reed & Doom beat Pym? is t'challa on pym's level?

Henry_Pym
is t'challa on pym's level? no? T'charlie isn't really a tech guy in the sense of this group. He might out hack Tony though.

Mindset
Everyone here is better than Pym, that's for sure.

SWblayde938
t'challa might not be on the level of ult reed, reed, doom, pym

but he is at least surely superior to tony right..he has outsmarted tony many times

Rage.Of.Olympus
T'Challa isn't smarter than Stark. Neither is Pym I don't think. Each go through their up and downs depending on the writer but Stark is getting the push now, especially under Hickman while Slott would have Pym getting the edge back in the day.

Anyone have scans of Reed comparing bus and Starks intellects recently in Avengers?

Bentley
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
T'Challa isn't smarter than Stark. Neither is Pym I don't think.

They might not be smarter but they have done more impressive stuff. Stark is smart but cannot replicate the nonsensical feats those two have done.

SWblayde938
They might not be smarter but they have done more impressive stuff. Stark is smart but cannot replicate the nonsensical feats those two have done.

if t'challa has better feats than stark...why has he been getting ranked 5th or last by the consensus of this thread?

Bentley
if t'challa has better feats than stark...why has he been getting ranked 5th or last by the consensus of this thread?

Because T'challa is less established as a Genius than Stark is, many of his showings come from his strategic mind or physical prowess and his intelligence is not as present. From there, people qualify his stupid feats as outliers and continue repping Tony.

At the end of the day both of them can be compared, Tony is more consistent and T'challa has higher end feats, that's it. I'd say Pym is established as having more consistently stupid feats than either of them.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Like what exactly?

Bentley
Like what exactly?

Pym's infinite mansion and oververse shenanigans come to mind. Panther's Doom War interdimensional feat and decking Mephisto make him a two times champion over trans/skyfather level threats.

Henry_Pym
T'Challa isn't smarter than Stark. Neither is Pym I don't think. Each go through their up and downs depending on the writer but Stark is getting the push now, especially under Hickman while Slott would have Pym getting the edge back in the day.

Anyone have scans of Reed comparing bus and Starks intellects recently in Avengers? last time Tiny and Ultron went 1v1, Ultron literally made Tony his ***** and then beat up the rest of the avengers... Until Pym saved them.

Now Pym and Ultron are fused, does Stark have feats like casually containing a Black hole, hacking a doombot into an assistant or wiping out an entire species with a remote?

Hell in AvX Pym told Tony his "Phoenix-buster" would fail, before it did.

riv6672
To be fair, most if not all of Tony's 'Busters fail. Worf effect.

SWblayde938
what if i through Herbert Wyndham in there...High Evolutionary in the mix

he is still a typical british man...as far as i know he is still a normal human with just a highly advanced mind

and just stays in his exo skeleton suit

riv6672
^^^then he'd be above 'Panther, too.

SWblayde938
so this is what i got it from here

out of these 6 guys

Maker has the most raw intellect

but Doom has the best feats of them all?

riv6672
You phrased your answer in the form of a question. 10 points.

SWblayde938
You phrased your answer in the form of a question. 10 points. what?

Astner
Hell in AvX Pym told Tony his "Phoenix-buster" would fail, before it did.
Even Mindset made that prediction.

And Mindset posted this.

http://i.imgur.com/4sia1lD.jpg

riv6672
what?
I believe you were right in your supposition(s) about Maker and Doom.

abhilegend
Maker conceded Reed is smarter than him in Secret Wars 6.

riv6672
Concession accepted?

One_Angry_Scot
I don't think Maker conceeded or anything (at least in my opinion). The scene seemed to set out some foreshadowing for the future.

You could already see 2 different ideologies forming. I think it was more about that if anything.

The only thing that you could really link to a concession would be,

"Who could ever truly understand the machinations that go on inside that head of yours".

But then this was the point when Maker was asking if Reed would reveal the thoughts in his head.

I can see how someone would say that is him saying 616 Reed is smarter but to me it just strikes me as Maker being snarky and saying how could anyone understand all these silly thoughts you have.

Here is the scene for people who haven't seen it yet.

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/24229090_Secret_Wars_2015-_006-009.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/24229092_Secret_Wars_2015-_006-010.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/24229094_Secret_Wars_2015-_006-011.jpg

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
Maker conceded Reed is smarter than him in Secret Wars 6. No.

Maker wasn't aware of all Reed's various side-projects, just like Reed wasn't aware of all Maker's various side-projects. That is all that was conceded in that scene.

Don Draper
But wasn't the Reed of 616 stated to be the smartest version of himself in the Multi-verse? confused

Galan007
Originally posted by Don Draper
But wasn't the Reed of 616 stated to be the smartest version of himself in the Multi-verse? confused Nope.

Back during his run on FF, Hickman(the same guy who is writing Secret Wars) had 616 Reed flat-out state that some of his alternates possess a greater intelligence than himself:
http://i.imgur.com/4DZXCAS.png

abhilegend
No.

Maker wasn't aware of all Reed's various side-projects, just like Reed wasn't aware of all Maker's various side-projects. That is all that was conceded in that scene.
He also commented about how no one could understand what goes on in his mind.

That seemed like a concession to me.

riv6672
^^^

DarkSaint85
I didn't see it as a concession. Ult Reed, if anything, doesn't concede. Especially with that sh!t eating smirk he has when he takes that helmet off.

riv6672
Creative interpretation.

SWblayde938
so whats the consensus here

Mindset
so whats the consensus here Doom.

Khazra Reborn
I don't think either Reed or Maker conceded anything to one another, to me the scene in SW 6 more or less presented, and made clear the fact that Reed and Maker are pretty much the same, just on opposite sides of the good/evil spectrum, and their differences are ultimately just products of their environments.

Mindset
It's pretty obvious Maker isn't saying that Reed is smarter.

8swords
No.

ult. reed did go to the 616 universe, but after that i stoped reading, could anyone clarify if ult reed snoop around?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.