The Bastard Executioner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Thought there was a thread? Anyhow, newer show on FX from the creator of Sons of Anarchy.

Watched the first three; it's god awful. I mean god awful, the plot, the acting, action scenes, all garbage and true to Sutter, there's male-on-male buttsex early in, it's like the man can't help himself.

Bashar Teg
i knew it was going to be awful when they tried selling it as another game of thrones.

but if robtard says it's bad it must be the most rancid crap sandwich ever.

Robtard
Oh you

jaden101
Try being Scottish and watching it. The main guy was a soldier in Edward Longshanks army. ****ing prick. Haha 😂

Flyattractor
So is the Executioner a Bastard or is it his job to kill Bastards?

I only caught 15 min of on episode and yes.....It was god awful.

Mindset
Originally posted by jaden101
Try being Scottish https://media.giphy.com/media/z5WtAAaFpnIgU/giphy.gif

KingD19
Originally posted by Flyattractor
So is the Executioner a Bastard or is it his job to kill Bastards?

I only caught 15 min of on episode and yes.....It was god awful.

He was a knight for Longshanks, and the local baron as well as Bill Compton left him and his friends to die. Only an angel made him survive? I dunno. Anyway, he killed the actual executioner and is now masquerading as him. Only Bill, Wilkin's friends, and the Executioner's wife and kid know he's not the real one.

Flyattractor
....and someone at Fox actually greenlighted this for a SERIES!?

KingD19
When you get a show with as many seasons as SoA, they'll green light pretty much anything.

TheVaultDweller
Have to say I have been disappointed by this so far. I actually enjoyed SoA, so had high hopes, but this has been shit. I am not normally one to binge watch things, but I can't even manage a single episode of this show in one sitting. It has basically taken me the entire time the first three episodes have been out to actually push through them, in the hopes that there is some light at the end of the tunnel, and that it isn't then just some bizarre glowy-dead-person blocking the exit.

Robtard
Try being Scottish and watching it. The main guy was a soldier in Edward Longshanks army. ****ing prick. Haha 😂

He says he's sorry.

jaden101
Originally posted by Mindset
https://media.giphy.com/media/z5WtAAaFpnIgU/giphy.gif

It's better than being black, though.

BackFire
Watched the first episode, was garbage.

The sets looked terrible and phony. Crappy pacing, shit characters. Crap.

Galan007
This is one of the worst shows I have ever seen, tbh. Nothing about it is even remotely watchable. thumb down

emporerpants
Man, that sucks. I just heard that there was a medieval show that came out and was all excited and shit. I love Game of Thrones and Vikings, are there any other shows that have a medieval or fantasy setting that are worth watching?

jaden101
Originally posted by emporerpants
Man, that sucks. I just heard that there was a medieval show that came out and was all excited and shit. I love Game of Thrones and Vikings, are there any other shows that have a medieval or fantasy setting that are worth watching?

Outlander

emporerpants
Awesome, thanks! smile

The Nuul
The Outlander is Braveheart worthy without the big battles. It's an excellent show.

thumb up

The Bastard Executioner sucks balls, it's that terrible.

The Nuul
Almost Braveheart worthy*

Mindset
It's better than being black, though. Nope.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.